Rally For Marth To Join the CYL2 Winners

Randoman

2 hours ago, Cysx said:

I don't know about that, Camilla got third place last time. Also, a year is a pretty long time and FE16 is coming.

No, Tharja did. She dropped all the way to #10 with ~17,000 less votes.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder

if marth is the face of fire emblem (which is true) and deserved to win, why didn't he win?

ok, the votes are split, but this fact didn't stop ike in the first cyl (SD marth was 6th while RD ike was 5th) and, as long as i know, ike is not the face of fire emblem

also, in the first cyl, SD marth was the highest placed version: why is that NM marth got some votes in this cyl as well?

i mean, if what people really wanted was marth in general, they should've voted for SD marth, who had more chances to win

still, leaving characters with different versions split is stupid

i won't send any email, since that's all IntSys' fault

i'm sure they'll solve the situation somehow

and remember that a third cyl will happen next year, so what's the problem? marth's gonna win for sure

50 minutes ago, Florete said:

No, Tharja did. She dropped all the way to #10 with ~17,000 less votes.

Oh, right. Misread the report.

Edit:

also, in the first cyl, SD marth was the highest placed version: why is that NM marth got some votes in this cyl as well?

i mean, if what people really wanted was marth in general, they should've voted for SD marth, who had more chances to win

If I had to come up with a reason, I'd say it's because Marth appears on the NM cover, but not the Shadow Dragon one. So if you have no clue and are just looking for the game with Marth, it's an easy mistake to make.

Edited by Cysx

8 minutes ago, Cysx said:

If I had to come up with a reason, I'd say it's because Marth appears on the NM cover, but not the Shadow Dragon one. So if you have no clue and are just looking for the game with Marth, it's an easy mistake to make.

plausible, but i wouldn't bet on it

also, this would mostly be a japan-only problem, since new mystery never got released worldwide

They don't want to block CYL sniping for new CYL banners. Very intentional that there's 4 and one for each colour. No way to add a 5th character without that happening.

He'll get a Legendary version at some point as a nod to the total votes combined between the two versions. Probably some 6 months from now or so, depends on how many months in advance they plan things, unless he was already on the schedule to get one soon.

7 minutes ago, Yexin said:

plausible, but i wouldn't bet on it

also, this would mostly be a japan-only problem, since new mystery never got released worldwide

I meant on the CYL site itself, at the part where you have to choose a game before picking one of its characters to vote for. For FE1 only Shadow dragon's cover showed up, and Marth isn't visible on it, while for FE3 it showed both Mystery and New Mystery, and both do feature him.

Edited by Cysx

40 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I meant on the CYL site itself, at the part where you have to choose a game before picking one of its characters to vote for. For FE1 only Shadow dragon's cover showed up, and Marth isn't visible on it, while for FE3 it showed both Mystery and New Mystery, and both do feature him.

uh, ok, i didn't think about it

well, it could be, but i'm still not so sure

3 hours ago, Cysx said:

Oh, right. Misread the report.

Edit:

That would be a valid point, but for the fact they showed the covers for both the originals and the remakes side by side. Marth is featured on the FE1 cover, so even if, theoretically, one were going in blind, they would see Marth on the cover of the first one as well. They also tell you in FEH which games the characters are from, so it seems dubious that Marth being on the cover of New Mystery would account for ~10k votes.

I think it's more likely that people were choosing the Marth from their preferred game. If I had played New Mystery and not Shadow Dragon, I would choose the New Mystery Marth.

Alternatively, it's possible that some were wanting to show IS that there's some demand for New Mystery, since the game never came out over here.

I doubt there's any special reasoning for it. Some people who voted Marth picked the NM version just because. Maybe they threw some votes to both. Like, 6 of my votes were Awakening Anna and the last was Heroes Anna, just because.

14 hours ago, Astellius said:

That would be a valid point, but for the fact they showed the covers for both the originals and the remakes side by side. Marth is featured on the FE1 cover, so even if, theoretically, one were going in blind, they would see Marth on the cover of the first one as well. They also tell you in FEH which games the characters are from, so it seems dubious that Marth being on the cover of New Mystery would account for ~10k votes.

I think it's more likely that people were choosing the Marth from their preferred game. If I had played New Mystery and not Shadow Dragon, I would choose the New Mystery Marth.

Alternatively, it's possible that some were wanting to show IS that there's some demand for New Mystery, since the game never came out over here.

Well no, for some reason FE1 only had shadow dragon. It was the same with the first CYL. Unless it's just a french version thing(which would make little sense but hey, it's possible), I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Of course we have little way to know for sure at this point... or do we actually? If I can find a recording... yup there we go.

https://youtu.be/eHbdLRG1SnA?t=2m4s

And then they show FE3 at 4:15.

That being said I agree that this cannot account for all the votes, it's just a little thing that might have misled a bunch of people. Plus many do prefer MotE Marth I gather.

Edit: Actually, you might have touched on another problem here; Marth is said to be from MotE on the wiki, and nothing else. I can't check his in-game version, I don't have him, but chances are it's the same... so people that went that route would also vote for the "wrong" one. And actually that could amount to a lot of them.

So whether IS did that on purpose or not, Marth was really set up for failure here.

Edited by Cysx

15 hours ago, Astellius said:

They also tell you in FEH which games the characters are from, so it seems dubious that Marth being on the cover of New Mystery would account for ~10k votes.

And every character from Archanea is from FE3 or FE12 except Wrys. Even Athena. So.

But the biggest factor is probably just that Mystery of the Emblem is the more popular game in Japan. There's your vote difference right there: the people who have the greatest reason to care about Marth prefer what is in this situation the wrong game. Give or take a few thousand people who don't rigorously check which Marth fared better last time, or simply don't care, and there you go.

21 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

They don't want to block CYL sniping for new CYL banners. Very intentional that there's 4 and one for each colour. No way to add a 5th character without that happening.

He'll get a Legendary version at some point as a nod to the total votes combined between the two versions. Probably some 6 months from now or so, depends on how many months in advance they plan things, unless he was already on the schedule to get one soon.

I wouldn't get into the argument of the colors. FEH gameplay is more than that, you have to take into account another big gameplay mechanic, magic. If Marth becomes a Brave Hero from  this bundle, the other who shares his color cold be magic instead

35 minutes ago, Midnox said:

I wouldn't get into the argument of the colors. FEH gameplay is more than that, you have to take into account another big gameplay mechanic, magic. If Marth becomes a Brave Hero from  this bundle, the other who shares his color cold be magic instead

Nothing to do with physical vs magical, all to do with "if you have two focus units of the same colour, they get in the way of each other for sniping, and that could upset the whales".

What the whales want > everything else for special banners like CYL. The whole point is to maximize profits. Whales want to +10 whoever they want, not get frustrated by pulling the wrong focus unit repeatedly. 

The only way around it is if they release a new TT at the same time and make him the TT reward. But that would suck to have a CYL style unit locked to limited merges. 

I think people are reading into the front page too much/a small bit of vocal backlash too much. https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote For the original CYL here Micaiah was on the front afterwards and people assumed back then that meant she was coming soon because hey, she was a lord not in the game who did well. She only arrived last month. Marth was on the front of that one as well randomly, no special treatment for him at all.

They slap whoever they want on the front of pages for w/e reason. No real correlation.

2 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

The only way around it is if they release a new TT at the same time and make him the TT reward. But that would suck to have a CYL style unit locked to limited merges. 

It's better than having two units of the same color competing for the same color. Besides, it's not like he won't be able to be pulled afterwards

2 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

Nothing to do with physical vs magical, all to do with "if you have two focus units of the same colour, they get in the way of each other for sniping, and that could upset the whales".

What the whales want > everything else for special banners like CYL. The whole point is to maximize profits. Whales want to +10 whoever they want, not get frustrated by pulling the wrong focus unit repeatedly. 

I think people are reading into the front page too much/a small bit of vocal backlash too much. https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote For the original CYL here Micaiah was on the front afterwards and people assumed back then that meant she was coming soon because hey, she was a lord not in the game who did well. She only arrived last month. Marth was on the front of that one as well randomly, no special treatment for him at all.

They slap whoever they want on the front of pages for w/e reason. No real correlation.

That may be so, but isn't it strange how this time around, it's the top 4 plus Marth?

I don't want to read too much into it, I don't want to set myself up for disappointment, but I'm willing to let myself believe, just a teeny tiny bit.

The split votes need to go, it is not just Marth that lost out because of it most of the Tellius cast lost out since they had split votes, Finn and Marcus also lost out.  I think the best thing to do would be to complain about the split votes as a whole and ask that next time the votes be combined as they should have been from the start.  Which is what I will say when I give my feedback.

3 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

That may be true for the 1st CYL intro page.

The 2nd CYL intro page? Hardly the case, especially with 4 of the 5 characters being official winners of the Choose Your Legends event and Marth (the only one that's not an official winner) technically being a winner with split votes combined.

True, all characters shown on the CYL intro pages may not be guaranteed any special treatment, but to say there's no correlation for the 2nd CYL intro page characters, is a really ridiculous conclusion.

8 minutes ago, Randoman said:

That may be true for the 1st CYL intro page.

The 2nd CYL intro page? Hardly the case, especially with 4 of the 5 characters being official winners of the Choose Your Legends event and Marth (the only one that's not an official winner) technically being a winner with split votes combined.

True, all characters shown on the CYL intro pages may not be guaranteed any special treatment, but to say there's no correlation for the 2nd CYL intro page characters, is a really ridiculous conclusion.

Actually its a perfectly reasonable conclusion.

We have zero evidence for it meaning anything. Zero. Not a single shred of actual evidence just fans pleading for it to mean something. If anything we have evidence against it meaning anything as per history (CYL1 Micaiah not even being "they're coming soon, we see that they have a fair bit of support"). Wild guessing/grasping at straws never does anything but generating false hopes. Can point to Micaiah again about that, except this time back when Sanaki was added and she mentioned her sister during her map and people thinking it would mean that Micaiah was coming soon. No dice. 

People keep doing this to themselves with this game, and its getting rather sad. Remember all of the people thinking that because of all of the backlash about Ayra they would either give us a free one or never do something like that again? No free Ayra, Rhajat or w/e her name is got the same treatment. The only ever so slight difference was that they gave us a small heads up in advance. 

Backlash about Lucius? Nothing changed. Not even the last healer we got. Its highly unlikely that the healer changes were made because of that, that's more likely IS looking at usage numbers and going "guys, they don't even use healers for endurance things like TT let alone Arena. We should probably give them a small buff".

Backlash means nothing, and there's probably less about Marth this time around than there is about Ayra back then. Marth will get a Legends/TT Rewards version at some point, people will tell themselves its because of the vote splitting when it was probably already planned months ago, and that will be that. 

@TheNiddoHey, chill. I wasn't saying anything about characters getting special treatment in Heroes. I actually completely agreed with you with the sentence I wrote in the post right above yours:

20 minutes ago, Randoman said:

True, all characters shown on the CYL intro pages may not be guaranteed any special treatment

I was disagreeing with you on there being no rhyme or reason for the CYL2 front page characters. As I said before, 4 of the 5 characters on the CYL2 front page are official winners. That's pretty strong rhyme and reason for me, and a lot of others on SF. As for Marth, people are split on that, and if you want to believe he's a random choice for the CYL2 front page and IS doesn't have a special reason for it, go ahead. However, there are many others on SF that believe he's on the CYL2 front page because of him technically being a winner when combining votes, or some other similar reason. That doesn't necessarily mean we believe Marth is getting special treatment. Both Lau and I were just disagreeing with you on the CYL2 front page characters being chosen randomly. I hope that clears up any confusion we may be having.

While I don't mind Ephraim taking Marth's rightful place, I find it unfair with the latter's supporters. For that reason, I've made my part in sending to customer support a complain about it. How they consider to add him as an extra BH somehow