Part 4 and Micaiah

So a complaint I've seen a lot around the RD community (and agree with) is that Yune stole Micaiah's screentime in Part 4.

Which got me thinking, how would Part 4 be different if this was not the case? Would there be any new conversations you'd like to see? Would any story events change?

Any thoughts?

The reason behind Yune not having a body is that Ashera forced her out of it, the body of Ashunera. Ashunera doesn't look exactly like Ashera, but presumably if Yune reentered Ashera she'd magically look like Ashunera again. And Ashera does look closer to Ashunera than official artwork Yune. But the reason is a little thin in spite of this, Yune should be able to manifest her own "inferior" body.

Part 4 without Yunejacking would help in the Tower when Micaiah confronting the BK, Sephiran, and Ashera. Micaiah already has time with Lekain, although a little more would help since Sanaki steals the final pre-death words against him for her own development.

I think an issue nearly as big is Part 4 being so short for Micaiah. Of the eleven battles that are in it, she appears in only 7, which is a fair bit, but a quarter of the fights are still without her. The pre-Tower fights also have nothing of note plot-wise happening in them, and both of them feature Sanaki developing much more than Micaiah, and I like Sanaki so I wouldn't want to do without that.

Micaiah isn't nonexistent in the pre-Tower fights, she appears a solid bit on her own, though Yune and Sanaki take away a lot. But in the pre-team split introduction scene, and all of the Tower itself outside of Lekain, she is very lacking in presence.

What to add? Well, what could they add? Micaiah and Sanaki need a little more time together I think, perhaps they could move up the True Apostle reveal to after Lekain's defeat, or even before it since the Misaha memory scene is before the first Tower battle, and they can make Sanaki's smackdown of Lekain a conscious co-effort with Micaiah instead of just her- the sisters acting as one.

This revelation coming earlier would allow for some real interaction between Micaiah and Sephiran now that she knows he is her ancestor.

We also need Micaiah to step it up and actually take two seconds to try breaking up the Zelgius-Ike duel before failing at doing so.

I'm not sure whether to have her confront Dheginsea, but maybe. It'd be saying something about her boldness if she did given Dheg could snap her in two.

Obviously, Micaiah should take a stronger stance on Ashera and make the final strike on her a felt co-effort with Ike. Ike she never gets much of a chance to interact with, but some in the beginning of Part 4 and some in the Tower would of course be appreciated.

What I wouldn't want is Yune's interactions with Ike, Dheg, Sephiran, and Ashera and everyone else to go away, since I like Yune. And I'd actually want her to have more interactions, including with Micaiah herself since Yune being in her means this "big sister" as Micaiah calls her never has a voiced conversation with her! Let us see the two chat and feel their close bond.

One of the biggest missed opportunities is a conservation between Micaiah and Ike. Not about the world being turned into stone, but about themselves, their beliefs, what how they view each other right to each other face. Both are protagonists of the story, and they don't have a personal talk? That's a missed opportunity.

5 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

One of the biggest missed opportunities is a conservation between Micaiah and Ike. Not about the world being turned into stone, but about themselves, their beliefs, what how they view each other right to each other face. Both are protagonists of the story, and they don't have a personal talk? That's a missed opportunity.

Well they do have a base conversation but it doesn't address what you said.

OT: Micaiah should talk to Sephiran, Ashera, Zelgius and Yune, not sure why she doesn't.