The pain of getting ready in the morning.

Flee Fleet!

Incoming venting:

God, its hard to try to even stand up in the morning without every bone of mine aching. Coupled with the fact that I just want to stay asleep.

Then I have to go to the bathroom which is fucking cold as heck and take like 20 minutes in there to do my stuff. Then I wear my clothes and comb my hair for 5 minutes because the hair on the back of my head refuse to stay down. 

Its worse when I have to take a shower in the morning, because then I take like 30-40 minutes, after which I try to dry myself completely to wear my clothes, because god forbid that I ever try to wear clothes while my hair and body are wet.

Mornings suck.

56 minutes ago, Zera said:

Any less than 9 full hours will make you groggy in the morning.

wait, I thought only 6 hours were needed

I've been lied to!

8 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I woke up at 1pm today, and it was awesome.  I love weekends.

I have to wake up at like 9-10 AM in weekends to start my studying early, which I guess is same for every other student. Its better than having to wake at 6 AM to get ready for school.

You need at least 8 hours of sleep each day, and an extra hour buffer because no one falls asleep instantly. So if you plan to wake at 9 AM, you should be tucked no later than midnight.

21 minutes ago, Zera said:

You need at least 8 hours of sleep each day, and an extra hour buffer because no one falls asleep instantly. So if you plan to wake at 9 AM, you should be tucked no later than midnight.

welp, thanks for the info.

8 hours?

Well I have the luxury of not having to get up until 9, but maybe I shouldn't be spending until 2 AM on this site on some nights.

And of course it's the resident Kirby who says it.

Sleep.jpg

I want to start going to bed consistently sooner, so I can wake up consistently sooner. Not waking until 9 feels like a waste of the morning to me.

10 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

my classes are aweful hard lately and I can’t get myself to sleep like, ever anymore. 

Even last year year I could drink some milk and pass out 

Sorry to hear that. I guess you could try to take a nap at home when you get some free time, to make up for your sleep. That's what my sister usually does.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

Just do what I do, and am currently doing..

Don't sleep. Then you don't have to wake up in the morning.. You're already awake!

Then you question why you're awake, when you will actually sleep. Should you sleep at this point? Will you sleep all day if you do? Is that a waste of an off day? Why do you do this? Why do you hate yourself?

Ya know what.. Don't ever take my advice.

...except that one.

2 minutes ago, 豊聡耳 神子 said:

It's rather a pain for me to get up late.
Since I'm used to get up at 5AM during the week for work, I've serious trouble to sleep longer than till 6 or 6:30 on weekends. 
Also staying awake late is another issue for me. 

Probably a better habit to be in anyways. I've gone to work on an hour or less of sleep and it really is never worth it.. I've fixed my sleep schedule multiple times, but sooner or later it always seems to end up like this again :T Bad habits are bad. 

It's a thing of accustoming.
In my case I'm used to it getting up very early for school, university or work for more than a quarter-century. So it's no problem for me to leave the bed without much effort. 
The disadvantage is consequently that I go to sleep earlier than most people here because my body is exhausted after 15 hours, so during the week I never pass 9 PM. 
I would have serious problems to change my sleep schedule, especially for someone as me who's unable to sleep at daylight. That means I have to pick classes or work as early as possible.

On 02/04/18 at 12:35 PM, Zera said:

That is a common misconception, different people need different amounts of sleep, I sleep 6 hours during the weekends and 9 hours on the weekdays and I go to bed very late.

On 02/04/18 at 12:31 PM, Flee Fleet! said:

wait, I thought only 6 hours were needed

I've been lied to!

No you haven't been lied to he is just spreading a misconception. An average person needs at least 6 hours like you thought before you got hit by the misconception. But you may need 8+ hours of sleep if you are sick. But that time varies from person to person like I said in my previous post. I'm just using the 6 hours as the average. 

No matter how early wake-up, I'll always find a way to end up 10-15 minutes late to class. Not my fault NY drivers are bad...   but in retrospect, I could stop sleeping in

i hate getting ready i have to get my face wet and then wash it which gets my hair wet and the counter too and then i need to brush my teeth which is ok but then comes the REALLY awful shit which is putting my contacts in. i either get those fuckers in on the first try or i spend 30 minutes on just the right contact after it falls to the floor multiple times. after that i need to put concealer all over my eyebags but of fucking course i forget to use my moisturizer on my face first 60% of the time so it doesnt look so good. then i need to curl my eyelashes, each side 30 seconds and combine my two types of mascara and wipe off the fucking clumps then getting black shit all over my hands and having to wash it off because of that. if thats not enough i have to notice every single eyebrow hair thats off and spend 10 minutes trying to decide whether i should pluck it or not then end up being so obsessive about them that i have to get my eyeshadow and fucking paint in tiny parts of my eyebrows that dont satisfy me. at this point its outfit time and im prob late AF to class and i have to make sure its not an outfit ive ever worn before (because i am absolutely one of those people), lately ive been figuring out an outfit the day before to save time tho. last is the hair, thank god i cut 16 inches of my hair off and its only chin length now so i dont need to bother with that as much as i used to. but guess wat my dumb ass does, if there is literally a single strand of hair that isnt right to me i get so emo and i have to plug in my curler and make corrections + gel single strands strategically so they dont show and bug me for the rest of the day. I DO THIS EVERY SINGLE DAY AND I get so mad just THINKING about it. its gonna be even worse in the future bc im starting to get into actual makeup and ill prob beat my face lke crazy when the time comes. 

in some sick twisted way i kind of enjoy all this while hating it, i guess because the end result is me looking really good and meeting my standards in something. i cant understand people who go out sloppy wearing sweatpants or som shit, like i wore sweatpants even with my full routine once and i literally wanted to kill myself, i felt like a sloppy piece of shit even tho i wasnt but it really had bad effects on me the entire day (mentally). its just nice to do ur very best in everything imo...so i guess its a healthy mindset to have as i apply that same thing to academics, etc. 

it feels good typing all that out : )