Favorite animations in the series

Papa Brando

Literally any attack from Lyn, the criticals of the Myrmidon and Swordmaster classes, the Nomadic Trooper sword critical, Eliwood's critical as a base lord, the criticals of the Mage and Sage classes, the criticals of the Mercenary and Hero classes, basically any animation from the GBA games, especially critical animations.

I like the majority of SoV animations since they feel like there is actual weight to them. Also the ultimate spells from RD have top notch animations too.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

I like the umounted sword animations in Thracia 776 and the GBA general's melee axe and lance attacks.

I see you too are a man of culture my friend.

I would have to agree, but I also like the all of the SoV animations, as well as the GBA animations.

Considering my hype doubled when I saw them and I was eagerly waiting for every update just to see a new combat animation... I have to go with Echoes. They're dynamic, fluid, and fast, and it seems as if the attacks have an actual punch to them. Honestly, the only problem I have with them is the clipping and how the Dread Fighters only have one crit animation, as IS seems to have underestimated many times they do so.

Runner-up is the GBA games, as they have among the best, if not the best, animations on the system. They're interesting to watch, pretty varied between units, and the quality still holds up to this day. About the only problems I have with them is that they can get really repetitive and some are a little too over-the-top, although whether or not those complains hold weight depends on which day you ask me

Fates Swordmaster crits with a single blade, because they give their opponent the boot before cutting them up (extra hilarious when it's against a boss, extra extra hilarious when said boss is one of the Royal families).
From the same game and the same class, the dual-wielding animations are badass.

I also really like most of the Overclass animations in Echoes for how over the top they are, especially the overclassed Falcon Knights. #SpintoWin

The abysmally slow Knight and General animations from PoR and RD also always get a good laugh out of me for how silly it looks that they take ages to reach their opponent.
From the same game, the Swordmaster and Trueblade animations are - again- pretty awesome.
Most of the transformed Laguz animations, as well. I especially like the Wolves (not biased at all, because wolves are my favourite type of animal) and birds.

The final blow that Master Ninjas do is pretty cool. They go a little back only to do a mild sprint, and then a sudden dash as they kill their targets.

Aether animation in FE13 and FE14 is pretty cool, as well as the Ignis animation.

My favorite one out of all of them though is probably the Sorcerer Crit animation in Fates, where they actually start flying upwards (cus magic) and then unleash a devastating blow that explodes all over the floor (makes sense why they had to fly up at that point).

Radiant Dawn's. Love how Astra is executed, along with every other kill skill in the game, especially Stun and Collossos and even basic attacks feel like there's a lot of power to them, cavalier units actually charge up to their enemy in their animation, etc. GBA also has some great animations and the spell animations for the SNES games are pretty good too especially considering the limited technolegy available at the time. When it comes to the 3ds titles Echoes probably has the best balance of power, quick and fluid with their animations as others have said there's actually some weight behind the attacks.