Need a 6th team member

DisobeyedCargo

Something that'll bust Steel.  I think Fighting will help the most, since you deal with a decent number of Rock/Ice critters.

I don't remember what's in Black, though.

Sawk's good, but I think he's version exclusive.

If you can trade, there's Conkeldurr, Gurdurr with Eviolite can work too.

I like Mienshao, but they come a little late.

Personally, I'd say pick up a Scraggy->Scrafty. You get them around the desert and they've got great abilities and movesets. The fighting/dark combo gives almost perfect coverage and they're insanely bulky as well. I'd recommend picking up one with Intimidate/Moxie( don't remember which skill is hidden)

Garbodor is interesting, how's he doing for you? I haven't heard of anything good coming from that pokemon. (for B/W runs, when I want a poison type I go with Venopede.)

if I recall correctly, Sawk is more common in black, and Throh more common in white. The other can be found in shaking grass so neither is fully version exclusive, though Sawk is usually the better of the two. If you have access to trade evolutions, Conkeldurr is generally better than both of them.

Alternatively, another way to bust steel types wide open is Darmanitan, who comes with a strong fighting move on evolution anyway. 

Edited by Ether

13 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Sawk's good, but I think he's version exclusive.

If you can trade, there's Conkeldurr, Gurdurr with Eviolite can work too.

I like Mienshao, but they come a little late.

Personally, I'd say pick up a Scraggy->Scrafty. You get them around the desert and they've got great abilities and movesets. The fighting/dark combo gives almost perfect coverage and they're insanely bulky as well. I'd recommend picking up one with Intimidate/Moxie( don't remember which skill is hidden)

Garbodor is interesting, how's he doing for you? I haven't heard of anything good coming from that pokemon. (for B/W runs, when I want a poison type I go with Venopede.)

I haven't started the run yet, I like to plan my teams in advanced. 

I was watching a playthrough of White/Black by Chuggaaconroy and he picked up a Garbodor as a tank, citing its decent attack, access to stockpile, its poison type, and it's great speed for a tank. I decided to give the little trash heap a try.

i did consider venopede, but I wanted to try something new

11 minutes ago, Ether said:

if I recall correctly, Sawk is more common in black, and Throh more common in white. The other can be found in shaking grass so neither is fully version exclusive, though Sawk is usually the better of the two. If you have access to trade evolutions, Conkeldurr is generally better than both of them.

Alternatively, another way to bust steel types wide open is Darmanitan, who comes with a strong fighting move on evolution anyway. 

I do love me a darmanitan, 140 base attack + sheer force + 120 base power stab flare blitz + 105 HP = goodbye everything

You seem to be lacking a dedicated Special Attacker. Chandelure and Lilligant are good options. Chandelure does come late and it takes a while to evolve, but it’s pretty good. You can a Petilil from a trade in Black that has perfect IVs and Nature, and it has the Own Tempo ability. It’s probably going to only use Petal Dance to attack, but it only really needs that, with it’s insane Special Attack and it learns Quiver Dance.

Galvantula, if it's chosen, as well as Samurott are both competent on the special side, and Archeops is competent on that side as well, even if it's more physically biased. In addition, Garbodor's movepool has a rather heavy special bias, so I wouldn't worry too much about special attackers.

30 minutes ago, Ether said:

Galvantula, if it's chosen, as well as Samurott are both competent on the special side, and Archeops is competent on that side as well, even if it's more physically biased. In addition, Garbodor's movepool has a rather heavy special bias, so I wouldn't worry too much about special attackers.

Well garbordor is 

being used for stockpile tanking and Damage over time wth poison and rocky helmet. Plus it's special attack is Garbage, pun intended.

37 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

You seem to be lacking a dedicated Special Attacker. Chandelure and Lilligant are good options. Chandelure does come late and it takes a while to evolve, but it’s pretty good. You can a Petilil from a trade in Black that has perfect IVs and Nature, and it has the Own Tempo ability. It’s probably going to only use Petal Dance to attack, but it only really needs that, with it’s insane Special Attack and it learns Quiver Dance.

Wow, I did not know that about the traded liligant. 

And chandelure you actually get the dusk stone I think in Cobalions room if memory serves. But that level 41 required does suck. Though that ghost fire type is an awesome combination, plus it gets good coverage

3 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I haven't started the run yet, I like to plan my teams in advanced. 

I was watching a playthrough of White/Black by Chuggaaconroy and he picked up a Garbodor as a tank, citing its decent attack, access to stockpile, its poison type, and it's great speed for a tank. I decided to give the little trash heap a try.

i did consider venopede, but I wanted to try something new

you could, but it's gonna be frustrating as fuck since poison ain't useful past burgh. Stockpile isn't really all that good of a move ingame too

as for team comp, you're gonna want a dedicated electric type. I'd recommend tynamo for fun since it basically has no weaknesses. Yeah the wait's long, but it's just fun to use.

I'd also recommend trying out swanna, stoutland, and krookodile/drilbur for physical needs.

2 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Well garbordor is 

being used for stockpile tanking and Damage over time wth poison and rocky helmet. Plus it's special attack is Garbage, pun intended.

And chandelure you actually get the dusk stone I think in Cobalions room if memory serves. But that level 41 required does suck. Though that ghost fire type is an awesome combination, plus it gets good coverage

chandelure's fun. calm mind boosted fire blast is scary as hell.

4 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

you could, but it's gonna be frustrating as fuck since poison ain't useful past burgh. Stockpile isn't really all that good of a move ingame too

as for team comp, you're gonna want a dedicated electric type. I'd recommend tynamo for fun since it basically has no weaknesses. Yeah the wait's long, but it's just fun to use.

I'd also recommend trying out swanna, stoutland, and krookodile/drilbur for physical needs.

chandelure's fun. calm mind boosted fire blast is scary as hell.

Uhhh, I already have a dedicated electric type, it's either Zebstrika or Galvantula. I like Elektross with its good movepool and mix attacking stats, but the low speed is a bit of a turnoff, and that's what I usually look for in an electric type. Plus I used it very recently in White 2.

11 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Well garbordor is 

About the traded Lilligant, the trade is on Nacrene City, it has a Modest nature and a Mischievous characteristic, so as you can imagine it’s Special Attack is ridiculously high. It’s combination of Own Tempo+Petal Dance is amazing, plus Petilil learns Sleep Powder at level 10 , Giga Drain at level 26 and Lilligant learns Quiver Dance at level 28, meaning that even weaker moves like Magical Leaf will hit really hard. Plus you don’t wait too long to evolve it, since only Lilligant learns Quiver Dance and Petal Dance. Petal Dance does come rather late at Level 46, but this is Gen V, where Giga Drain’s power was boosted from 60 to 75, which is pretty good.

Edited by Water Mage

Personnally, I really like Sawsbuck. It's reasonably fast, and it hit pretty hard. Horn Leech, STAB Return, and Jump Kick is a pretty good combination.
And Sap Sipper is a fantastic ability, negating Sleep Powder/Stun Spore.

Ferrothorn have a bad coverage, but a Curse set with Leech Seed can replaces Garbodor easily (You can replace either Power Whip or Gyro Ball by Toxic, if you really wish.)

Druddigon could be a late game option as well.