About Arvis.....

Køkø

4 hours ago, Køkø said:

Yes you do, young man. 

I see Vega on your left, I'm surprised you haven't. Did you mean again?

Nah. I've watched a playthrough of the game and just chose Vega because I liked him as a character. I want to play TRS but my laptop is kind of outdated and shitty so I'm not sure if it'll run properly.

But I really do need to play that, that way my Vega can be authentic. I'm just a poser as of now.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/10/2018 at 7:24 PM, Køkø said:

Where did the body come from if Forseti is in Archanea and his spirit is inside the book? Naga is more powerful than all of them, so it's possible she used less essence when creating hers. Her death 69 years later might be related to that.

Well, FE4 happened long before FE3, as we can see there are so many dragons/mamkutes still running around at the time of FE3, please don't be so sure that Holsety the dragon had died at the time of FE4.

It's not difficult for him to take the form of a human and travels around the world.

1 hour ago, hanhnn said:

Well, FE4 happened long before FE3, as we can see there are so many dragons/mamkutes still running around at the time of FE3, please don't be so sure that Holsety the dragon had died at the time of FE4.

Seriously? I just cleared that up with omegaxis1, how are you confused too? It's right there in the post you quoted.

On 2/10/2018 at 6:24 AM, Køkø said:

Where did the body come from if Forseti is in Archanea and his spirit is inside the book? Naga is more powerful than all of them, so it's possible she used less essence when creating hers. Her death 69 years later might be related to that. 

I outright said he's alive, what are you talking about? 

1 hour ago, hanhnn said:

It's not difficult for him to take the form of a human and travels around the world.

Not if you don't mind bad writing. He accomplished a feat even Naga was incapable of.

Edited by Køkø

1 hour ago, Køkø said:

Seriously? I just cleared that up with omegaxis1, how are you confused too? It's right there in the post you quoted.

I outright said he's alive, what are you talking about? 

Not if you don't mind bad writing. He accomplished a feat even Naga was incapable of.

Wait, what feat was that? Surviving? I mean, Naga died about 48 years later, but she's been through an entire dragon war, and then two centuries later created a tome that had her will and power. Depending on the condition of her life force, she might have actually pushed herself too far and thus no longer had as much time left.

Speaking of Forseti, anyone know what tribe he is from?

Never actually mentioned. Wiki labels him a Divine Dragon, but in FE3, Xane says this:

Chainy:
Ah…
When the Divine Dragons fought the Earth Dragons they over-exhausted their dragonstones, and so practically became extinct.
Aside from Narga, only Gato, me and the just born Chiki survived.

Since FE3 and FE4 are both Kaga's work, I assume that he's still following the continuity, and therefore Forseti can't be a Divine Dragon. 

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Wait, what feat was that? Surviving?  

Warping to another continent back and forth instantly, hypothetically speaking. 

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Speaking of Forseti, anyone know what tribe he is from?

If I had to guess, he would be a Mage Dragon. Or maybe a yet to be introduced Wind Dragon. Tearring Saga does have Rakis the Sky Dragon, so it could be either one.Though it breathes fire there. Maybe even an Ice Dragon.

Edited by Køkø

1 minute ago, Køkø said:

Warping to another continent back and forth instantly, hypothetically speaking. 

If I had to guess, he would be a Mage Dragon. Or maybe a yet to be introduced Wind Dragon. Tearring Saga does have Rakis the Sky Dragon, so it could be either one.Though it breathes fire there. Maybe even an Ice Dragon.

Well, given the time gap that we never got depth in, it could have possible.

Wait, wasn't Tear Ring Saga meant to be in the same world as the others? In that regard, then Forseti could have been the Sky Dragon. Kaga wanted his work to all be interconnected. His leaving is what caused there to be multiple dimensions in the FE universe essentially.

19 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Well, given the time gap that we never got depth in, it could have possible.

It took Naga and co about a year to get to Darna. I could buy him getting to Jugdral to revive Lewyn after his death, but only if it were after the Belhalla massacre. How would he even know Loptyr was back otherwise?  

19 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Wait, wasn't Tear Ring Saga meant to be in the same world as the others? In that regard, then Forseti could have been the Sky Dragon. Kaga wanted his work to all be interconnected. His leaving is what caused there to be multiple dimensions in the FE universe essentially.

Yes, Tearring Saga is directly connected to Jugdral through Reeve. When they split off from Kaga, I wish they would have called Fire Emblem something else so that there's no confusion. The only stories they're responsible for are the GBA and 3DS games barring Echoes. You can see a clear difference in story quality between the two branches, though Kaga is not without flaws. I attribute this to rushed development and limited technology rather than incompetence on his part however. 

By the way, Naga died approximately 69 years after Darna, not 48.

Edited by Køkø

9 minutes ago, Køkø said:

It took Naga and co about a year to get to Darna. I could buy him getting to Jugdral to revive Lewyn after his death, but only if it were after the Belhalla massacre. How would he even know Loptyr was back otherwise?  

Well, I think it was still implied that Lewyn did die at Manfroy's hands at the massacre. Actually... that might very well be what prompted Forseti to head out for Jugdral. Remember that his will was within Lewyn due to Lewyn taking the tome. Meaning that if Lewyn heard heard of Manfroy's plans during the battle they had before Manfroy killed him, its possible that Forseti sensed this and thus possibly realized that Loptyr might end up being revived. So this might have prompted Forseti to go to Jugdral. 

Also, I don't think it took a whole year per se. Naga learned the existence of the Loptyr Empire possibly in between. 

14 minutes ago, Køkø said:

Yes, Tearring Saga is directly connected to Jugdral through Reeve. When they split off from Kaga, I wish they would have called Fire Emblem something else so that there's no confusion. The only stories they're responsible for are the GBA and 3DS games barring Echoes. You can see a clear difference in story quality between the two branches, though Kaga is not without flaws. I attribute this to rushed development and limited technology rather than incompetence on his part however. 

Reeve? Isn't that just a location? Oh, because of Jugd. 

Well, it can't be helped. For one thing, Kaga was rather insistent on his games being in consoles and old tech and didn't try to adapt to a new thing. And he couldn't call it Fire Emblem since FE right belonged to Nintendo. The originator on the idea no longer holds full reign in modern times. Kind of like how Star Wars was George Lucas' creation, but now he longer owns the rights to it. Sort of like what Obidiah said to Tony, "You think just because you had an idea, it's yours?" It's true.

Plus, pretty sure that anything like the Tellius series would NEVER have Ike be the main lord. Or so we debated out in the "What if Kaga stayed" thread.

21 minutes ago, Køkø said:

By the way, Naga died approximately 69 years after Darna, not 48.

Really? Miracle of Darna occurred in Archanean year -548, and she died in -500. 

Translated to Jugdral calendar, it would be 632 and then 680.

3 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Actually... that might very well be what prompted Forseti to head out for Jugdral. Remember that his will was within Lewyn due to Lewyn taking the tome. Meaning that if Lewyn heard heard of Manfroy's plans during the battle they had before Manfroy killed him, its possible that Forseti sensed this and thus possibly realized that Loptyr might end up being revived. So this might have prompted Forseti to go to Jugdral. 

For one, Manfroy wasn't there. Secondly, why would he announce his plans aloud? In the midst of a battle? Right in front of Arvis and the Velthomer army? If that were the case, Arvis and Manfroy are even dumber than I thought. If he and Naga couldn't warp to Jugdral the first time, I don't see why he could alone the second time.

Also, I don't think it took a whole year per se. Naga learned the existence of the Loptyr Empire possibly in between. 

She learned of it sometime through 611-631. She got to Darna in 632. Considering the Crusaders restarted their campaign in 633, she likely arrived pretty late in 632. So closer to 2 years. 

Well, it can't be helped. For one thing, Kaga was rather insistent on his games being in consoles and old tech and didn't try to adapt to a new thing. And he couldn't call it Fire Emblem since FE right belonged to Nintendo. The originator on the idea no longer holds full reign in modern times. Kind of like how Star Wars was George Lucas' creation, but now he longer owns the rights to it. Sort of like what Obidiah said to Tony, "You think just because you had an idea, it's yours?" It's true.

Fire Emblem belongs on consoles. GBA and Conquest did a good job at importing it to handheld, but console has always been the root of the series. Hopefully FE Switch will be a return to form but I doubt it. Also, suing a man for making his game too similar to his other game is stupid. Indie is the way to go. 

Plus, pretty sure that anything like the Tellius series would NEVER have Ike be the main lord. Or so we debated out in the "What if Kaga stayed" thread.

Are you aware of the similarities between Tellius and Berwick Saga? Someone even compiled them on the wiki. 

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/TearRing_Saga%3A_Berwick_Saga 

Ike and the Laguz are theirs, yes. But mercenaries are prevalent in Berwick Saga. They likely constructed Tellius from Kaga's notes and went with a mercenary lord and furries instead of a royal one and none. Not impressive. This the reason why Tellius so good compared to the GBA games. Also, how can you say Kaga would never make a non-royal lord? He did as early as FE4, and Kaga is always trying new things.  

Really? Miracle of Darna occurred in Archanean year -548, and she died in -500. 

Translated to Jugdral calendar, it would be 632 and then 680.

My mistake. I calculated from 611 for some reason.

Edited by Køkø

2 minutes ago, Køkø said:

For one, Manfroy wasn't there. Secondly, why would he announce his plans aloud? In the midst of a battle? Right in front of Arvis and the Velthomer army? If that were the case, Arvis and Manfroy are even dumber than I thought. If he and Naga couldn't warp to Jugdral the first time, I don't see why he could alone the second time.

Well like you said, the background in the opening implies that the fight happened indoors, so they might not have been within the eyes of the temple. And like common anime troupes, talking while fighting happens. I personally go with my headcanon about how it happened in the manga for this regard. So with prying eyes out of the way in the castle while the others were busy, Manfroy might have explained his plans to Lewyn as they fought.

Since we never got the full story depth on what happened, there are many possibilities on what happened. 

10 minutes ago, Køkø said:

She learned of it sometime through 611-631. She got to Darna in 632. Considering the Crusaders restarted their campaign in 633, she likely arrived pretty late in 632. So closer to 2 years. 

11 minutes ago, Køkø said:

My mistake. I calculated from 611 for some reason.

I look over here for timeline events for the three continents:

https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Archanea,_Valentia_and_Jugdral

Pretty useful actually.

So Naga learned Loptyr's existence a while after the revolution began and was subsequently nearly crushed. So not a full year perhaps, but rather a few months. If it took the dragons so long, I estimate that Jugdral is likely the other side of the entire planet.

Fire Emblem belongs on consoles. GBA an Conquest did a good job at importing it to handheld, but console has always been the root of the series. Hopefully FE Switch will be a return to form but I doubt it. Also, suing a man for making his game too similar to his other game is stupid. Indie is the way to go. 

Well, Nintendo Switch is basically both home and handheld consoles. But the home consoles are good because they have so much more power than the handhelds. Radiant Dawn's issue is that it felt like Awakening, in that they tried to really crammed a lot of stuff in there that the new characters didn't get nearly as much development. Of course, because it was on the wii, it still held more content than Awakening did. But even then it was too much. 

So I'm not against you on them having home consoles once again.

18 minutes ago, Køkø said:

Are you aware of the similarities between Tellius and Berwick Saga? Someone even compiled them on the wiki. 

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/TearRing_Saga%3A_Berwick_Saga 

Ike and the Laguz are their's, yes. But mercenaries are prevalent in Berwick Saga. They likely constructed Tellius from Kaga's notes and went with a mercenary lord and furries instead of a royal one and none. Not impressive. This the reason why Tellius so good compared to the GBA games. Also, how can you say Kaga would never make a non-royal lord? He did as early as FE4, and Kaga is always trying new things.  

Very aware in fact. Ike's name was even supposed to be Paris I believe, the Japanese name that his descendant has. And the GBA games actually weren't that bad. Though I guess you can say that Kaga's works are still considered top tier in how he made the Jugdral series, and the Tellius series were based off of his work. But with adjustments made into it. 

When did he make a non-royal be the main lord? Marth was the prince, Alm was thought to be a villager, but was in fact a prince, and Sigurd and Seliph are both in fact royals. Sigurd is still a noble, and Seliph is Deirdre's son, so that would make Seliph royalty. 

16 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

And like common anime troupes, talking while fighting happens. I personally go with my headcanon about how it happened in the manga for this regard. So with prying eyes out of the way in the castle while the others were busy, Manfroy might have explained his plans to Lewyn as they fought.

Kaga Emblem is not anime. That's why the writing doesn't suck. How and why would Lewyn be inside Belhalla castle full of people trying to kill him? 

I look over here for timeline events for the three continents:

https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Archanea,_Valentia_and_Jugdral

Pretty useful actually.

So Naga learned Loptyr's existence a while after the revolution began and was subsequently nearly crushed. So not a full year perhaps, but rather a few months. If it took the dragons so long, I estimate that Jugdral is likely the other side of the entire planet.

I have my own. It's correct, I was just looking at the start of the Jugdrali Rebellion when I meant to look at the Miracle of Darna. I don't know how Forseti could warp to that exact spot at that exact moment when he didn't before and even Naga can't do such a feat. On top of Loptyr not being around yet. 

Well, Nintendo Switch is basically both home and handheld consoles. But the home consoles are good because they have so much more power than the handhelds. Radiant Dawn's issue is that it felt like Awakening, in that they tried to really crammed a lot of stuff in there that the new characters didn't get nearly as much development. Of course, because it was on the wii, it still held more content than Awakening did. But even then it was too much. 

So I'm not against you on them having home consoles once again.

Agreed, Radiant Dawn was very rushed. 

When did he make a non-royal be the main lord? Marth was the prince, Alm was thought to be a villager, but was in fact a prince, and Sigurd and Seliph are both in fact royals. Sigurd is still a noble, and Seliph is Deirdre's son, so that would make Seliph royalty. 

Sigurd was not a royal. He was the son of a duke of one of the lowest houses in Grandbell. He had a short lived title as duke in between Vylon's death and his in chapter 5. 

Runan was the son of a duke as well, and Holmes was the son of an admiral. We've had three non-royal lords long before Ike.

Edited by Køkø

1 minute ago, Køkø said:

Kaga Emblem is not anime. That's why the writing doesn't suck. How and why would Lewyn be inside Velthomer castle full of people trying to kill him? 

But Kaga did have that demo opening thing have Lewyn and Manfroy be inside the castle. Also, the entire station of enemies were outside attacking Sigurd and the others. If Lewyn managed to sneak into the castle, then that would mean that there would be a thin number of soldiers. But again, we're still lacking in full details about what exactly happened in the battle of Belhalla. I mean, a bunch of people had managed to escape after all, despite being surrounded and meteors falling on their heads. Feels like it shouldn't have been possible at all.

7 minutes ago, Køkø said:

I have my own. It's correct, I was just looking at the start of the Jugdrali Rebellion when I meant to look at the Miracle of Darna. I don't know how Forseti could warp to that exact spot at that exact moment when he didn't before and not even Naga can't do such a feat. On top of Loptyr not being around yet. 

Wait, what's correct? Your timeline or the one I showed? Very confused. 

Well, we have to remember that dragons have knowledge that we don't know about. For example, maybe the reason Forseti could warp there now is because this particular large teleportation cannot work unless they already have gone there once, and thus have a connection line there. Not like they fully explained how teleportation worked in the series. I think the Tellius series was the first that actually tried to explain a bit on it with Warp Powder and then the Warp Staff. 

And like I said, if we can assume that maybe Manfroy let it slip to Lewyn about the plans to revive Loptyr or just enough vague words to assume that Loptyr can be revived, then Forseti could have learned of it because he would naturally be connected to Lewyn. 

Though this is merely a guess on my part.

13 minutes ago, Køkø said:

Agreed, Radiant Dawn was very rushed. 

Bet if Awakening was for the Wii, they might have been able to put a lot more content. 

Sigurd was not a royal. He was the son of a duke of one of the lowest houses in Grandbell. He had a short lived title as duke in between Vylon's death and his in chapter 5. 

Runan was the son of a duke as well, and Holmes was the son of an admiral. We've had three non-royal lords long before Ike.

But he is a noble, still. Not a commoner like Anri was. So Sigurd has every right to be able to marry royalty even. Dukes are also nobility as well. And Holmes is the son of a leader of a major port city. So there are still high ranking positions. Plus, Holmes is one of two, the other still being noble. Ike though has absolutely no form of nobility and Greil left his position, so he has no high ranking position either.

However, you are correct. There is no guarantee that Kaga would never have made someone without no position or heritage in there. I was only saying what the debate was going by. For all we know, Kaga could surprise us and make someone that is really just a villager that became leader. 

Like Ruuji from Zoids Genesis. Love that guy. 

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Wait, what's correct? Your timeline or the one I showed? Very confused. 

Both. There's nothing to be confused about, I calculated from the wrong entry. 

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

But he is a noble, still. Not a commoner like Anri was. So Sigurd has every right to be able to marry royalty even. Dukes are also nobility as well. And Holmes is the son of a leader of a major port city. So there are still high ranking positions. Plus, Holmes is one of two, the other still being noble. Ike though has absolutely no form of nobility and Greil left his position, so he has no high ranking position either.

Nobility is not royalty. Why are are you excusing Ike when his father was also a noble in a high ranking position?

Both. There's nothing to be confused about, I calculated from the wrong entry. 

Ah, okay. 

Nobility is not royalty. Why are are you excusing Ike when his father was also a noble in a high ranking position?

But nobility are those that have every right to marry into royalty. For example, Anri could never marry Artemis because he's a commoner. Duke Cartas can, because he is a noble. That's what I meant. 

And I did mention Ike's father, but Ike's father abandoned his position, so there was no longer any rank for him that Ike would have either.

Ah, but in regards to what I said:

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

I used the wrong word for it. I said non-royals, which was the incorrect word on my part. 

8 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

And I did mention Ike's father, but Ike's father abandoned his position, so there was no longer any rank for him that Ike would have either.

And Razelia along with Granada was conquered with their respective leaders displaced, what's your point? Ike is no different. 

1 minute ago, Køkø said:

And Razelia along with Granada was conquered with their respective leaders displaced, what's your point? Ike is no different. 

You know, I don't even know the point now. 

Actually, speaking of Kaga, has he been trying to develop any new games? 

4 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Actually, speaking of Kaga, has he been trying to develop any new games? 

Not at the moment. He is working on getting an English translation done for Vestaria Saga.

Edited by Køkø

1 minute ago, Køkø said:

Not at the moment. He is working on getting on English translation done for Vestaria Saga.

Kaga isn't perfect, and some stuff he does aren't the best. But the Jugdral and Tellius series had very powerful stories. I wouldn't be surprised if Kaga intended for all of the heroes to eventually get together for some grand adventure. 

That's not to say that the people that took over are complete slouches. But they haven't yet reached the level needed, though are more flexible than him.

53 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Kaga isn't perfect, and some stuff he does aren't the best. But the Jugdral and Tellius series had very powerful stories. I wouldn't be surprised if Kaga intended for all of the heroes to eventually get together for some grand adventure. 

Agreed. Like his refusal to add a formation option at the beginning of the chapter. FE4 was okay because of the home castle.

All of his games share one timeline (barring Vestaria, it's unknown as of now), so I don't see him planning a mass crossover when half of the entries take place massive amounts of time apart from another. I can see why that would appeal to fans, but time travel and dimension bending is story poison. And Kaga doesn't show any signs of approval either. 

53 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

That's not to say that the people that took over are complete slouches. But they haven't yet reached the level needed, though are more flexible than him.

Conquest is the pinnacle of FE gameplay for me, so I agree that they can make good games without Kaga. However, the franchise has taken a massive dive in the story department. I mean Fates' continent isn't even named, there's zero world building, and the pacing is horrendous. I can forgive Fates though, because it's bad on its own. Awakening was never meant to be serious entry, it was a final salute to series. Hence why elements from every game are sloppily thrown in, creating a toxic chimera that corrodes the legacy of the older games it gets its reagents from.

Edited by Køkø

10 minutes ago, Køkø said:

Agreed. Like his refusal to add a formation option at the beginning of the chapter. FE4 was okay because of the home castle.

All of his games share one timeline (barring Vestaria, it's unknown as of now), so I don't see him planning a mass crossover when half of the entries take place massive amounts of time apart from another. I can see why that would appeal to fans, but time travel and dimension bending is story poison. And Kaga doesn't show any signs of approval either. 

I think Jugdral was the only series he made that was so far apart from one another. Also, apparently Seliph's feminine-like appearance is because Seliph was originally planned to be a girl. XD

Had Seliph been a girl, he would have been the first female lord of the franchise that isn't overshadowed by a man. Celica is the first female lord, but she was more overshadowed by Alm because Alm had to save her in the end. Though Gaiden was where one of Kaga's biggest mistakes lied in. The very fact that he supposedly wanted Falchion to be the ultimate weapon of the hero, that this created an inconsistency that the remake had to declare that Alm's Falchion is the original Falchion Naga forged. 

Conquest is the pinnacle of FE gameplay for me, so I agree that they can make good games without Kaga. However, the franchise has taken a massive dive in the story department. I mean Fates' continent isn't even named, there's zero world building, and the pacing is horrendous. I can forgive Fates though, because it's bad on its own. Awakening was never meant to be serious entry, it was a final salute to series. Hence why elements from every game are sloppily thrown in, creating a toxic chimera that corrodes the legacy of the older it games it gets its reagents from.

It was. 

Honestly, had Awakening been the last series, I don't think it would even have been criticized nearly as badly as now. It would have been happily accepted because it reminds everyone of all the good times in Fire Emblem. Its because Awakening revived the series that now its harshly criticized because it has to now be more than that and have to make sense to others for continuity. 

To be honest, Fates and Awakening had much potential. Awakening just needs like several more chapters and plotholes filled, and Fates just needs to rework everything and take BlazingKNight's suggestions. The entire story of Fates could actually be one big moral grey story. 

But you know, exactly how much story can they make at this point? Every Fire Emblem story has become the same thing with one kingdom invading another, and there's generally a bigger plot behind the scenes. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

I think Jugdral was the only series he made that was so far apart from one another. Also, apparently Seliph's feminine-like appearance is because Seliph was originally planned to be a girl. XD

Lieberia takes place a significant amount of time after Jugdral. And Lazberia take place a millennia after Tearring Saga. 

I think I remember reading somewhere that Seliph's portrait is actually an edit of Deirdre's. I find that his fanart depicts him more feminine than he actually is. Where did that come from though, lol? 

16 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Had Seliph been a girl, he would have been the first female lord of the franchise that isn't overshadowed by a man. Celica is the first female lord, but she was more overshadowed by Alm because Alm had to save her in the end. Though Gaiden was where one of Kaga's biggest mistakes lied in. The very fact that he supposedly wanted Falchion to be the ultimate weapon of the hero, that this created an inconsistency that the remake had to declare that Alm's Falchion is the original Falchion Naga forged. 

Fire Emblem hasn't been very diverse with its protagonists, by whatever your criteria is. I would like to see a female lord get full spotlight. Gaiden Celica was pretty strong, but ultimately the spotlight was on Alm. Echoes actually made it worse by adding her to list of damsels that existed in the original game. Tia from Tearring Saga is pretty good too,she just joins so late. 

I wouldn't consider the Falchion thing a mistake. I'm glad he opted not to continue the trend but it could work in the way the "Fire Emblem" does.   

24 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

But you know, exactly how much story can they make at this point? Every Fire Emblem story has become the same thing with one kingdom invading another, and there's generally a bigger plot behind the scenes. 

Agreed. I got some ideas, but they're still in development. 

1 minute ago, Køkø said:

Lieberia takes place a significant amount of time after Jugdral. And Lazberia take place a millennia after Tearring Saga. 

I think I remember reading somewhere that Seliph's portrait is actually an edit of Deirdre's. I find that his fanart depicts him more feminine than he actually is. Where did that come from though, lol? 

I'm referring tot he Fire Emblem timeline from Kaga's works. Tear Ring Saga is Kaga's work, and was supposed to be the same world, but since its no longer Fire Emblem, it really isn't the same world any longer. 

Fun fact, really. 

4 minutes ago, Køkø said:

Fire Emblem hasn't been very diverse with its protagonists, by whatever your criteria is. I would like to see a female lord get full spotlight. Gaiden Celica was pretty strong, but ultimately the spotlight was on Alm. Echoes actually made it worse by adding her to list of damsels that existed in the original game. Tia from Tearring Saga is pretty good too,she just joins so late. 

I wouldn't consider the Falchion thing a mistake. I'm glad he opted not to continue the trend but it could work in the way the "Fire Emblem" does.   

It really hasn't. Celica was great in Gaiden and Echoes. But the issue is that Celica's path was just mistaken, and she was the damsel in distress for Alm to save. But Echoes couldn't exactly change this because they wanted to remain loyal to the original. But... ugh, Celica was really just stupid in Act 4 and just ruins a lot of her character there. So I can say that Echoes might have done a bit worse for her. 

Well, it's created a continuity error because it exists now. Actually, Gaiden/Echoes and Thracia 776 were the only two games that had no Fire Emblem mentioned or involved. Genealogy had one in how the Velthomer's crest is called the Fire Emblem, or something along those lines. 

8 minutes ago, Køkø said:

Agreed. I got some ideas, but they're still in development. 

My friend and I are actually working on a story about the First Exalt, but we're putting it on hold to see how FE Switch will be like. Ours might be about a civil war. 

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

I'm referring tot he Fire Emblem timeline from Kaga's works. Tear Ring Saga is Kaga's work, and was supposed to be the same world, but since its no longer Fire Emblem, it really isn't the same world any longer. 

Maybe not to Nintendo. But Tearring Saga's original name was Emblem Saga. Jugd is Jugdral and the opening narrator was supposed to be Forseti/Lewyn. It counts, dude. 

Well, it's created a continuity error because it exists now. Actually, Gaiden/Echoes and Thracia 776 were the only two games that had no Fire Emblem mentioned or involved. Genealogy had one in how the Velthomer's crest is called the Fire Emblem, or something along those lines. 

Gaiden and Thracia are a part of Archanea and Jugdral's sagas. The Fire Emblem there is the same as their predecessors. 

My friend and I are actually working on a story about the First Exalt, but we're putting it on hold to see how FE Switch will be like. Ours might be about a civil war. 

Cool. Still looking forward to it. 

Edited by Køkø

3 minutes ago, Køkø said:

Maybe not to Nintendo. But Tearring Saga's original name was Emblem Saga. Jugd is Jugdral and the opening narrator was supposed to be Foresti/Lewyn. It counts, dude. 

I am aware. But technically speak, it isn't. Then again, these are probably the reasons Kaga got sued.

4 minutes ago, Køkø said:

Gaiden and Thracia are a part of Archanea and Jugdral's sagas. The Fire Emblem there is the same as its predecessors. 

I meant the games itself. Gaiden/Echoes, and Thracia never had the Fire Emblem be mentioned or involved. 

So this would make Valentia the only continent that had no Fire Emblem in itself. 

Archanea had the Shield of Seals be the Fire Emblem. Jugdral had Velthomer's crest be the Fire Emblem. The Sacred Stone of Grado in Magvel is called the Fire Emblem. Lehran's Medallion is the Fire Emblem of Tellius. Fateslandia is the Omega Yato. 

So yeah, Valentia does not have its own Fire Emblem. 

Cool. still looking forward to it. 

I thought you were looking forward to Robin and his mother's backstory fics?

So this would make Valentia the only continent that had no Fire Emblem in itself. 

Valentia is not a continent.  

Gaiden Prolouge

Once, there existed “gods”

Upon these lands.

On this remote island
Known as Valencia
Were two sibling gods
Called Doma and Mila.

It's an island off Archanea. This is why it shares its "Fire Emblem". Gaiden literally means side story. 

I thought you were looking forward to Robin and his mother's backstory fics?

I said I was looking forward to the rest of your Awakening revision. That means all of it.

Edited by Køkø