X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Silver-Haired Maiden

So I happened to be browsing Google while telling a friend about my favorite X-Men character and happened across this:

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt6565702/

Why is no one talking about this?! I just found this myself and I am FREAKING. An accurate rendition of Dark Phoenix?! Yes please!

For those curious it is supposed to be released November of this year and is apparently being described as the most serious entry in X-Men to date.

Please tell me I'm not the only one excited about this!

48 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The only X-Men movie I have seen in the movie theaters was Logan. I'm curious about the direction of the film, the last two X-Men movies weren't traditional super hero movies. If the trailer peaks my interest, I might see it.

I need to watch Logan, haven't had the chance to yet.

According to what I read, this movie is going to be pretty dark and emotional. I love the Phoenix so I'm personally really looking forward to this, she doesn't get enough love in my opinion.

10 hours ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

According to what I read, this movie is going to be pretty dark and emotional. I love the Phoenix so I'm personally really looking forward to this, she doesn't get enough love in my opinion.

that's because everyone either keeps trying ti imitate Claremont or get fucked in intercompany politics.

I mean every x-men writer winds up using ideas from claremont's run, but the deal with Jean Grey and Scott Summers is kind of the ultimate soap opera in comics. 

Spoiler

(The build up to Hope Summers was amazing, but they dropped the bomb during the Avengers vs X-Men event. Iirc, it had to do with the whole "Fox vs Marvel Studios" quarrel over movie rights. The reason we didn't really see a lot of the x men for years until the post 2015 Secret Wars was because of this Fox bullshit. I've heard that the FF is coming back soon since fox got bought by Disney.)

go read the current Phoenix Resurrection comic. It's kinda cheesy, but it's fairly fun.

Spoiler

If you're a big ScottxJean fan, there's a certain bit in that current run that's gonna make your heartstrings burst.

I’m very cautiously optimistic about it. It’s still Fox, so who knows, but I am hopeful that maybe they will get it right this time. Helps that I think Sophie Turner is our best Jean so far. 

On 2/6/2018 at 8:22 PM, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Logan was kind of bad. Most people think it's good because boo-hoos, but the plot doesn't make sense, and big moments in the story where there could've been a really emotional scene was somehow turned to shit. I would tell you more, and do it more specifically, but I'm not here to spoil.

Still I love the X-Men movies (except Apocalypse), so I can't wait to see Dark Phoenix. Days of Future Past was my favorite with First Class coming in second.

• 2 years later...