Pet Thread

Onyz

Okay, now it's the time for talking about animals, which can be really close to your heart (pets), but some of you can really afraid of them. Are there animals which you really are afraid of? Or is there something that you love? Do you have any pets? Want to tell us about it/them?

I have an orange tabby boy named Cheeto. He was named when I got him from the shelter and I wasn't changing that perfect name. He looks kinda like Garfield lol. Big and kinda fat. I call him a puffy cheeto or "Cheeto Bandito".

I've had cats and dogs all my life, I'd love a rat, but Cheeto would probably kill it.

At my dads I have an old dog named Guinness who basically has the mind of a puppy

at my mom's I have two adorably doggos. A Yorkie named Maximus and a Pit Bull named Marcy. The Yorkie is tough and aggressive and the Pit Bull is a total Softie. She thinks she's a lapdog!!

I don't have any animal phobias, so as long as I knew I could safely and reasonably raise it, I would be fine with any kind of pet~!

I want to become friends with every animal

I am especially fond of dogs though~ Particularly the playful ones (but if somehow it becomes reasonable to be able to raise red foxes I will get one INSTANTLY)

we currently have many pets! Aside from the 20+ chickens and 5 goats, our indoor pets are currently a cat, snake, and two leopard geckos. We are getting a puppy in March I believe. And we also are bringing in some new baby chicks soon afterward.

I'm sort of afraid of big dogs I don't know, and always move away from them on the street if I can, but it's not a big deal.

I currently have a dog and a cat, and they're super nice. I also had another dog, but he died of old age last year. I miss him so much =/

Edited by Nobody

I have a little lhasa apso, my grandfather found him behind a fence and my father got him to come to him. The little guy is obsessed with me, whenever I leave home for a few days he refuses to eat and is always around me while I'm home.

He's also a bit of a dick, he's terrified of women, and he tears up the trash whenever he get's the chance, but I still love him.

I was attacked by a pit bull/English bulldog mix when I was 8, and I had a phobia of really broad, stocky dogs for a few years. I got over it, though. Aside from that period of my life, I've never really had any animal phobias.

I'm currently staying with my parents, and right now there are 4 cats(2 of which are mine), 2 dogs, and 2 tortoises. I love the cats and the dogs, but the tortoises are just kinda there. I've had a snake, ferrets, bearded dragons, baby ducks, and a bunch of other random stuff. We even had a family of owls who nested in our yard for about 10 years ever spring-summer-fall, which we fed and took care of when we could.

But I think the coolest "pet" I've ever had was a crow who broke its wing as a nestling. Technically illegal to keep crows as pets, but we got the okay from some preservation place to look after it since it was a weak flier. It was definitely far and away the smartest animal we've ever taken care of.

My mother recently bough 4 Australian doves and 2 Australian parrots. They're pretty cute, but the doves sometimes act stupid (why must they stand on their food). The parrots are cute, and they always stand next to each other.

I sometimes wish I could get a cat though, I really like them. But I guess taking care of them would be harder than with the birds.

As for animal phobias: snakes scare the shit out of me. 

10 hours ago, Slumber said:

But I think the coolest "pet" I've ever had was a crow who broke its wing as a nestling. Technically illegal to keep crows as pets, but we got the okay from some preservation place to look after it since it was a weak flier. It was definitely far and away the smartest animal we've ever taken care of.

GOOD VERY GOOD

god I love crows I wish I could raise a crow (or a couple)

even just making some crow friends that just hang out around the area would be good enough for me

I have a cat and some fish. The fish are predicatively boring, while the cat is old, slightly grumpy, and has fleas. We're still trying to get rid of them all.

I also once had about 5 hermit crabs years ago, but they all died.

...I think I've posted pictures of my cats before...

This is the newest member of the family. Boo-Boo, the Havapoo:

Image may contain: dog

Half Havanese. Half Toy Poodle. 100% Destroyer of Hair-Clips, Garbage Bags, and Toilet Paper. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

2 minutes ago, Onyz said:

I'm looking for a treat that I can give my dog, she's a 2-year-old Labrador, any idea or suggestions? ;)

They make doggy ice cream! Or you can get a dog treat maker. Or just give her a hotdog lol.

Hi, when I was searching for a better option of treats, I saw this dog treats, it has many varieties which have different use such as cleaning the dog's teeth, aids for digestion and many more. What do you think about giving a treat to a dog once in a while? I bet that they will love it!

Edited by Onyz

On 2/8/2018 at 6:22 PM, Onyz said:

Hi, when I was searching for a better option of treats, I saw this dog treats, it has many varieties which have different use such as cleaning the dog's teeth, aids for digestion and many more. What do you think about giving a treat to a dog once in a while? I bet that they will love it!

Treats for pets are always a good thing! I mean unless you substitute them for meals, but yeah.

I had many I'll even list the ones that died. I had a dog named Buffy, she was shy and her eyes would glow at night, one day she chased a squirrel and became roadkill, it was hard on my five year old self, then we got a dog named Baby, she is still living, born in 2005 she was scared of me when I was little, but over time she liked being near me. Then we got a dog I decided to name Bingo, he was a good dog, he was playful with me, he lost his battle with cancer in 2016. Then later the same year I got a dog named Lucy, she keeps chewing up my damn Amiibos, but luckily  I got replacements for them, and I have had it, I'm thinking about returned her to the pound due to her chewing up my stuff, but the other people in my family doesn't want to do it. That is my all the pets I had as partial bios of them that I can remember.