Seasonal banner: Love Abounds

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamepress explicitly has Lilina listed as the tempest reward on their preliminary unit pages, with the others listed as limited. Granted I'm not sure why, but it seems odd for them to do that so overtly unless I missed something in the datamine

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

....It will be like everything else. Which is fine, since it's just yet another game. If it can't get used to showing up no longer on a monthly/bimonthly basis, it is a little petty.

Just be patient. Fates got a 2nd Gen banner a few months ago, with one Awakening reincarnation on it. Awakening will probably get a 2nd Gen banner this year.

Think of it like this, the 3 Thracia fans that exist have greater reasons to complain. And the Gen 2 Genealogy fans can complain about as much as Awakening fans I would say. FE6 fans also have reason to complain if Roy is not their forte- which is perfectly reasonable.

It is the only base game to not get any new normal units. Even Fates notorious 2nd gen got in before Awakening's much better received one. And one banner isn't exactly great either. And Thracia is a terrible comparison since it's comparing one of the least popular with one of the most.

3 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I should’ve pharaed that better. What I meant is that Marth’s Falchion gives a rainbow drive 1.

Marth's is definitely the least effective. Dammit, he's getting shafted way too hard...

3 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Caeda's and Raven's weapon refinement are insane. Can't wait to use them both once I get enough feathers. Marth got shafted so hard for the Falchion upgrade though(It's an obvious reference to his games but why?), I'm not even going to bother with the special upgrade but instead use either the speed or attack upgrade.

Poor Marth... ;-;

Refinement Stones as well, since you need those Divine Dews.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

So why spend the energy hating on it rather than staying away from the thread where people are discussing it?

It tends to come off as being the vocal "I don't like this so it sucks" when she's using very subjective material to justify her reasons?

Especially since her statements she's been saying have been contradicted by other members of the forum via a citation?

This is the internet. What do you think people does here? XD

It happens. 

She meant no harm, but her tone doesn't get translated the best way when she types it. 

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Also Felicia's plate looks dumb with the cooldown.

If she gets hit by a mage and she doubles you get a glacies to the face.

Felicia is the ultimate mage killer.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Drive Spectrum is nothing to scoff at.

I guess the only problem is that's its more helpful for his allies than it is for himself. He got no other benefits otherwise. Man, Marth is having one rough year. First getting screwed in CYL2 and now this.

11 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

She meant no harm, but her tone doesn't get translated the best way when she types it. 

Lmao I know she has no ill will for people on this forum.

Her social skills have just been really bad when she's trying to get her point accross.

And when she doesn't like something EVERYONE has to know about it.

When she thinks something it's an entire 2 pages of people showing logical posts or citations. Then she plays the victim.

It's the same circus over and over again UNLESS she likes someone in the banner.

At some point she has to learn "how to forum".

She never thinks from another perspective. Grand Hero Battles when she accused mkv of cheating while never watching the video comes to mind.

Edited by shadowofchaos

5 minutes ago, Ether said:

Hide contents

Gamepress explicitly has Lilina listed as the tempest reward on their preliminary unit pages, with the others listed as limited. Granted I'm not sure why, but it seems odd for them to do that so overtly unless I missed something in the datamine

Last I checked they can't actually determine how a unit is obtained.  They probably have the "Tempest" hero because that's who appears on the Tempest header.  However, so far, only the Black Knight has been both the Tempest Reward and the Tempest header, so I wouldn't state with certainty that any hero is the Tempest Reward yet.

We'll know when the banner trailer drops tonight because one of the units will be missing.

3 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I guess the only problem is that's its more helpful for his allies than it is for himself. He got no other benefits otherwise. Man, Marth is having one rough year. First getting screwed in CYL2 and now this.

Lancina shares his pain.

44 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Also, the most important development here is...

Hide contents

Eliwood has better art!

And Lyn finally gets a different artist and its Wada YES my Lyn team will be complete!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

1 minute ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

And Lyn finally gets a different artist!

Missed that one.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Eh, Lancina already gets a bonus to her defense though. Plus, with Steady Breath and Aether, she can deal a lot of damage to opponents. 

Because Brave Ikes are just raining from the sky.

6 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

THE trailer is out! And Eliwood looks to be the reward!

That's neat! I can focus solely on the father daughter duo while still getting a sweet boi who deserves more love. 

Edit: Ah damn, I might try for Lyn now since she has great skills up for fodder.

Edited by ChickenBits

16 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It is the only base game to not get any new normal units. Even Fates notorious 2nd gen got in before Awakening's much better received one. And one banner isn't exactly great either. And Thracia is a terrible comparison since it's comparing one of the least popular with one of the most.

I really shouldn't have made that comment. I resisted the urge when I saw a like comment made by you days or a week+ ago, but I gave in this time because it just rubbed me as too petty and the heat of a new banner release can bring out the worst.

Admittedly my own logic about Roy could easily be turned against me, since while you are a Lucina fan, not all Awakenites do and hence may be sick and tired of seeing her in Seasonals, or any particular other Awakening character rehashed at all. And Seasonal =/ regular pool addition/new representation.

Thus I apologize, even if I still have something of a point I believe.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

So where the fuck is Rath

And Astrid! (Though Rath does look cooler.)

To be precise...

1. Wolf
  2. Sedgar
  3. Midir
  4. Lester
  5. Deimne
  6. Selphina
  7. Roberto
  8. Sue
  9. Shin
  10. Dayan
  11. Rath
  12. Uhai
  13. Hayden
  14. Astrid

And possibly:

1. Castor
  2. Warren
  3. Beck
  4. Kliff
  5. Atlas
  6. Python
  7. Neimi
  8. Gerik
  9. Selena of Ylisse
  10. Nina

Anyone I missed?

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I really shouldn't have made that comment. I resisted the urge when I saw a like comment made by you days or a week+ ago, but I gave in this time because it just rubbed me as too petty and the heat of a new banner release can bring out the worst.

Admittedly my own logic about Roy could easily be turned against me, since while you are a Lucina fan, not all Awakenites do and hence may be sick and tired of seeing her in Seasonals, or any particular other Awakening character rehashed at all. And Seasonal =/ regular pool addition/new representation.

The Lucina thing still doesn't make sense. She has been in one seasonal banner and that was about a year ago. Xander or Chrom would make better examples. Or even Lyn now.

Well, this banner is surprisingly tasteful. Roy, Lilina, and Hector look great. Eliwood looks decent (but still leagues better than his original "art"). Lyn, though...Something about her eyes bugs me. Unit-wise I'm not thrilled by Roy or Lilina, while Lyn and Hector look awesome. Shame I don't use armors.

I'm conflicted. I blew way too many orbs on Sacred Memories and Legendary Ike's banner, but this is the first seasonal I'm actually excited about.