Seasonal banner: Love Abounds

SatsumaFSoysoy

Oh my god, they all look gorgeous!

Thank god Eliwood is the free unit, he's the one I want the most. Priority goes Roy-Lilina-Hector-Lyn.

I thought Hector was Naesala for a second, his ears look really pointy...

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I'm going to summon on this banner. Lillina and Roy are from a game I haven't played, so I'm not too attached to them, and their skills aren't anything worth wasting orbs over. Lyn looks interesting, but not enough for me to summon for and Hector is just a character I have zero attachment to despite him looking like an incredible unit.

At least some people can complete Lyn Emblem now.

35 minutes ago, Lau said:

Oh my god, they all look gorgeous!

Thank god Eliwood is the free unit, he's the one I want the most. Priority goes Roy-Lilina-Hector-Lyn.

I thought Hector was Naesala for a second, his ears look really pointy...

They do! They are amazing!

Same. Although I think the one I'll be pulling for most is Hector, but I'll be happy to get any of them.

Should have saved more orbs :cry:

In a way I am relieved that the Valentines banner focuses on characters from Elibe  because now people can't say that seasonal banners only focus on Awakening/Fates characters. I'm really digging the medieval aesthetics they got going on. Sadly though I think I will skip banner since most of them don't have skills I'm looking for nor do I feel like letting Lilina pitybreak my chances for Hector since I already have a +9 Cecilia. Depends on the who the other bonus units are going to be on the next TT.

Also, is it just me or is Lyn's eyes bigger here than usual?

19 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

In a way I am relieved that the Valentines banner focuses on characters from Elibe  because now people can't say that seasonal banners only focus on Awakening/Fates characters. I'm really digging the medieval aesthetics they got going on. Sadly though I think I will skip banner since most of them don't have skills I'm looking for nor do I feel like letting Lilina pitybreak my chances for Hector since I already have a +9 Cecilia. Depends on the who the other bonus units are going to be on the next TT.

If they go back to doing Awakening/Fates Seasonals next banner it'll still be a pretty valid complaint. As it is, this banner and Eliwood puts us to 7/37 non Awakening/Fates on Seasonals. Meanwhile Awakening and Fates together make up 1/6th of non-remake games. If the next Seasonal is from either of these games, it'll  put us to 7/41 or 7/42 = 1/6 (if they do like this one with a banner of 4 and a tempest reward). While this banner is a step in the right direction, there are still proportionally way too many Awakening/Fates Seasonals.

Lyn's eyes are a bit bigger than in her other variants' art. Sachiko Wada just draws her with bigger eyes than Kotaro Yamada I guess.

26 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Eliwood surgically switched his eyes with Lyn's.

No bold fighter and no vengeful fighter.. I'm not motivated to draw when it comes to skills.
At this banner gives us a full Family for Hector and Lyn shippers. 

13 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Eliwood surgically switched his eyes with Lyn's.

Never! The only one who has the same beautiful eyes is Athena. There is only one Artist in FE heroes who has mastered the art of stare!
And I admit I like that style more than some character designs who are too childish (Katarina could have been better) .  It has memorability.

Edited by Stroud

So spoilers:

Spoiler

H!Lilina is probably the least interesting, getting a green tome and a horse and no boosts or skills I'd care about. Yes, I'm somewhat disappointed I didn't get Gunnthra. She shares a colour with her dad too sadly.

H!Roy gets Bow Valour and a horse. That's about it, and B!Lyn is better personally, but still he should be fine. He is tankier if far slower as a result. Brave Bow will do wonders for his player phase.

A!Lyn means Lyn emblem now exists, she has Armour March, Blue Tomes and Atk/Spd bond. In other words she's probably the one I want the most.

B!Hector has DC, a wrathful axe and Glimmer and is more optimised than Hector, but has no QR in his weapon and of course is so slow Wary Fighter is necessary. Probably not going to worry about Green much.

A!Eliwood is an interesting free bonus. He seems built closer to Christmas Robin and has Fire Boost and Goad Armour, the first we see it on someone not named Hector. Also his costume is so absurd and I love it.

Also, we have an event with no Fates or Awakening units! A good sign. This hits my blue armour gap perfectly and everything.

Ohh boi, the game just took away my orbs with the Sacred Stones banner, and I tought we won't get 2 pre-3ds banners in a row, so I didn't mind that. Up until now. Though I'm not particularly interested in any of the characters, Blazing Sword was the first game I played, so it's just natural that I want to have as many versions of them as I can. (Hope I can get Lyn, as I know I wouldn't really use Hector). I like Lilina more as a character than Roy, but being a cavalry-archer is pretty appealing, although I'm not going to dive into colorless hell.
As for this new system that one of the units is a reward from a TT, I really love it. Not just you get a (sometimes seasonal) unit, you can also get tons of orbs and sacred seals, so I hope this will be a thing for the future as well.

Edited by coldhand25

Holy shit, Elibe banner! They all look so amazing! I am both excited because of this beautiful art and finally a special banner with non 3DS focus, but also upset because I have like no orbs to try to get them. I want Hector, because I hate normal Hector's art. Lilina because I don't have Cecilia trained and don't have Gunnthra at all. Roy because he looks super cute. And Lyn because she's Lyn!

...sorry Eliwood

I find the disparity in reactions between the prospect of Camilla getting a fourth version and Lyn actually getting one to be more than a little hypocritical. Not to mention Roy getting his third version (with Hector 's already in the works), which other characters have been much more maligned for. But anything to get a dig in on that shitty Fateswakening and it's kiddy otaku fans, right?

Intsys business model hasn't changed in the slightest for this banner. They still follow the promise of most money, and Roy, Hector and Lyn all promise a maximum amount of cash. It's telling that they went straight for the most popular characters from those games in order to support their venture. Don't get me wrong, Camilla is no favourite of mine, but I don't see how Lyn the fourth is so much better than Camilla the fourth.. 

Anyway, I haven't played any of the Elibe games, so no particular draw for me to pull on this on. I can finally save my orbs...

4 hours ago, Clogon said:

No one can do all breaker like OG Hector. V!Hector is really good at OHKO's though...

Yeah, now that I think about it, OG Hector is much better against dragons because of his all breaker/ possible 28 SPD with a boon. Also, if V!Hector has no superboons, the BST differrence between them is 2 with a SPD boon.

24 minutes ago, Nanima said:

but I don't see how Lyn the fourth is so much better than Camilla the fourth..

I guess (for me at least) it's not about how many versions there are, but how much love the games get. Fates/Awakening got much more than every other game imo. Also, I see the fact that Camilla appeared on a Hoshidan banner as a reason for some "discomfort", there are females in Hoshido, they had no reason to include Camilla (well, money of course, but other than that...) and they still did, so I want to beleive it wasn't about 4th Camilla, but that they chose to make Camilla another version (even if it doesn't make sense given the banner's name and theme) instead of, idk, maybe give Hinoka or Kagero some attention. So yeah, I would pretty much choose a 4th  version of any pre-3ds game (except Ike - another sword Ike would be sad), than one of a Fates/Awakening character. Yeah, even over another Lucina since I still miss Bunny-Lucina and I'm saving up for her right now.

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

Never! The only one who has the same beautiful eyes is Athena. There is only one Artist in FE heroes who has mastered the art of stare!
And I admit I like that style more than some character designs who are too childish (Katarina could have been better) .  It has memorability.

Personally, I think his Athena artwork is actually really good. The eyes aren't nearly as egregious (if, at all). Helps that her design isn't nearly as monotonous as Eliwood's, however.  Her attack and hurt poses are almost perfect, too. 

41 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I find the disparity in reactions between the prospect of Camilla getting a fourth version and Lyn actually getting one to be more than a little hypocritical. Not to mention Roy getting his third version (with Hector 's already in the works), which other characters have been much more maligned for. But anything to get a dig in on that shitty Fateswakening and it's kiddy otaku fans, right?

Intsys business model hasn't changed in the slightest for this banner. They still follow the promise of most money, and Roy, Hector and Lyn all promise a maximum amount of cash. It's telling that they went straight for the most popular characters from those games in order to support their venture. Don't get me wrong, Camilla is no favourite of mine, but I don't see how Lyn the fourth is so much better than Camilla the fourth.. 

Anyway, I haven't played any of the Elibe games, so no particular draw for me to pull on this on. I can finally save my orbs...

The difference is that in the case of Roy, Lyn and Hector one of their special versions were voted in by the community.

16 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

I guess (for me at least) it's not about how many versions there are, but how much love the games get. Fates/Awakening got much more than every other game imo. Also, I see the fact that Camilla appeared on a Hoshidan banner as a reason for some "discomfort", there are females in Hoshido, they had no reason to include Camilla (well, money of course, but other than that...) and they still did, so I want to beleive it wasn't about 4th Camilla, but that they chose to make Camilla another version (even if it doesn't make sense given the banner's name and theme) instead of, idk, maybe give Hinoka or Kagero some attention. So yeah, I would pretty much choose a 4th  version of any pre-3ds game (except Ike - another sword Ike would be sad), than one of a Fates/Awakening character. Yeah, even over another Lucina since I still miss Bunny-Lucina and I'm saving up for her right now.

Intsys is making stuff for what they believe sells best. Which is why they are going for Fates. Even including some of it's B and C cast like Charlotte and Shigure, since those are still well remembered by a bunch of people who are more than fine with pulling for them. How many people do you think would pull for, say, Pent and Louise (as I saw suggested on twitter)? Some, but not nearly enough for Intsys to consider it as an investment. I do get the complaint about Camilla on the Hoshidan banner, believe me I do. I have complained long and loudly about it myself. But there was salt for her way before then. Some of the comments were downright disgusting. I don't think I need to remind you what happened in the CYL voting gauntlet when she dared beat Lyn. Face it, Intsys is making these decision based on what they belive will bring in the most cash, and you and I won't always agree on these decision, but bashing and demonizing a particular character, or set of characters, and it's fans for getting "more" attention, while celebrating the same thing with your own favourites is very very hypocritical of the community.

5 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

The difference is that in the case of Roy, Lyn and Hector one of their special versions were voted in by the community.

And so would have been Camilla's had she won in CYL 2. Again, no difference between her and Lyn.

Edited by Nanima

24 minutes ago, Nanima said:

And so would have been Camilla's had she won in CYL 2. Again, no difference between her and Lyn.

I guess the difference is a... considerable percentage of people despised the idea of Camilla getting another variant*. 

As much as it sucks for Camilla fans, the controversy surrounding her doesn't bring the best out of people.

Edited by SlipperySlippy

A long time ago I would've argued that brave heroes are also special heroes, but the fact remains that they're in the normal summoning pool. I don't particularly mind Lyn since we got 5 seasonals this time. At least my boy Eliwood is free. I wonder if I should make him defensive or speedy.

7 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Personally, I think his Athena artwork is actually really good. The eyes aren't nearly as egregious (if, at all). Helps that her design isn't nearly as monotonous as Eliwood's, however.  Her attack and hurt poses are almost perfect, too. 

I agree with you. Athenas artwork is pretty good. I think that her expression in the hurt pose is quite good.
I wish that the Illustrator would have more opportunities.

44 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Yes but she didn't. Right now, they both have two special units if we don't count the one the community asked for and I think that's enough. There are other characters that need more love but like you said money talks so I'm sure we'll get more Camilla/Lyn.

1 minute ago, Hekselka said:

Yes but she didn't. Right now, they both have two special units if we don't count the one the community asked for and I think that's enough. There are other characters that need more love but like you said money talks so I'm sure we'll get more Camilla/Lyn.

Then we are in full agreement. My post referred to people who got up in arms over Camilla potentially getting a fourth version from CYL (because it's "too much"), but now don't mind or even celebrate Lyn getting a fourth one.

After seeing the stats, I'm really not too enthusiastic about this new banner. There are some good units here but nothing really wows me. Plus the 3 most recent banners put a huge dent in my wallet.