Seasonal banner: Love Abounds

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As for Lucina, her saving Chrom in Chapter 6 seems to have massively altered the course of things according to what she says later. Since Emmeryn doesn't get assassinated, Chrom doesn't get wounded, and the Plegia War ends much faster with Emmeryn's sacrifice and Chrom being in full health. The only reason it failed to do more good was because Validar got Grima'ed back to life.

She also tells Basilio Walhart will kill him and hence keeps him alive, which might have been needed for Robin's "fooled you!" trick on Validar later to work as well as it did. This I think is the full extent of what Lucina does with an impact besides her pre-C6 stuff.

Now every kid not Lucina, they're all irrelevant in the story yes. Thanks to variable hair color, mothers you might never recruit (Noire) much less pair, and the fact IS wanted to let the player recruit them at their leisure.

Again, I'm not saying she has no impact.  I'm saying she doesn't do much to reach the impact that she has.  Ie: time involvement.  This seemed to be your argument against Lyn while saying Lucina had a lot, so I was just pointing out that wasn't the case.  If I misunderstood, then my bad.

32 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Oswin is in his thirties (probably), he is not old!

Valbar and Wallace are cool guys, much better than some random kids.

Anyway is it just me or you really have that weird impression that not being teenager  somehow make people unpopular? 

I'm sorry to say this, but by typical Japanese popular entertainment standards, 30 IS OLD!

It doesn't matter that 30 isn't even halfway through an 80 year lifespan and that you're might just starting to settle into the pace of the rest of your life by this point if you live in a 1st world country and have pursued a college-educated career. To the young people who buy a lot of video games, and for people who don't like being reminded of how old they are, 30 is old.

I love Tauroneo because he has some depth, and I'd hope there are many people who also like him, but the cynic in me says that depth means nothing to Heroes, which is a form of Japanese popular entertainment, or the majority of Heroes fans. Looks, and looks are always better when they're young (unless they're bouncy), are what sells Orbs. Cute, sexy, gentle, silly, manly young warrior awesome, these, and sometimes memes and gameplay abilities, that is how you get people to buy Orbs.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

49 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

@Interdimensional Observer

Oswin is in his thirties (probably), he is not old!

Valbar and Wallace are cool guys, much better than some random kids.

Anyway is it just me or you really have that weird impression that not being teenager  somehow make people unpopular? 

Edit: So Cid is 32 years old. @Hawk King No wonder he can't stay up late and is cranky all the time.

When the target audience is teens and young adults, 30 is old. In FF7 Cid is treated as an old man. 

Edited by Rezanator
Cid is Even Older

6 hours ago, Nanima said:

Then we are in full agreement. My post referred to people who got up in arms over Camilla potentially getting a fourth version from CYL (because it's "too much"), but now don't mind or even celebrate Lyn getting a fourth one.

Oh in that case I understand and I agree as well. 

2 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

In FF7 Cid is treated as an old man, when he is like 20 something. 

Cid is 32 in FF7

27 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

We still need green Lyn for full spectrum. I don't think any of four Lyn's can reliably bait Reinhardt...

It is possible to build B!Lyn to bait Reinhardt. Her weapon ignores Stat buffs on mages so you don't need to worry about emblem buffs. Her base 28 Res is respectable. Double distant defense gives her 40 Res at +0 with no buff support from teammates. Or just Deflect Magic 3 seal should allow her to survive.

New, Armor Lyn would have an even easier time with him due to her base 37 HP and 34 Res.

Lyn Emblem is very capable.

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm sorry to say this, but by typical Japanese popular entertainment standards, 30 IS OLD!

If I recall, 25 is the threshold for being "old" by Japanese entertainment standards.

I am just really happy with this banner because it kinda feels like IS realizing, finally, just how popular Elibe is. Like, people have been wanting Lyn and Hector in Smash forever, and then in Warriors, with varying degrees of success; and Roy has always had his popularity downplayed and was even cut from Brawl. I know IS doesn't entirely control who gets in Smash and stuff, but you gotta believe they have some input and would probably want the newest stars in over "forgotten" characters. But I think they were just as surprised as we were at how well these three characters in particular ranked in CYL, despite having come and gone so many years ago. And then with others like Eliwood, Ninian, Nino also ranking well and/or doing well in voting gauntlets, it's nice to see Elibe getting attention. It also makes me excited for potential remakes.

Edited by Book Bro

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now every kid not Lucina, they're all irrelevant in the story yes. Thanks to variable hair color, mothers you might never recruit (Noire) much less pair, and the fact IS wanted to let the player recruit them at their leisure.

I REALLY wish that they actually did play a role. Okay, Gerome I get. He even said that he has no care for the past, only that he wants to set the wyverns free. It feels weird still though for the others to actually not attempt at trying to help change the course of history. Or had tried to make mention of trying to locate the other Gemstones. 

2 hours ago, Poimagic said:

While all the units are nice, I have one nitpick. It’s artwork. No, the artwork itself isn’t bad, in fact the artwork itself is amazing. It’s just that the artwork shows that it makes no sense to be an armored unit. But, I should expect IS to be lazy with seasonal armors, considering C!Tharja’s design.

I feel like IS might have forgotten what Armored Units are supposed to represent in terms of appearance. However, I guess they are just going by how its impossible to make a unit armored if they are wearing goofy clothes.

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I REALLY wish that they actually did play a role. Okay, Gerome I get. He even said that he has no care for the past, only that he wants to set the wyverns free. It feels weird still though for the others to actually not attempt at trying to help change the course of history. Or had tried to make mention of trying to locate the other Gemstones. 

Maybe they tried to find them but failed (clearly). Why bring it up if nothing came of it?

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Maybe they tried to find them but failed (clearly). Why bring it up if nothing came of it?

Because if they explained themselves a tad more, it would make the recruitment have more sense to it. Owain was doing something, Inigo was flirting, Cynthia got tricked, Kjelle was staying with someone that acted as her mentor, Nah got lost somewhere, Gerome was in a temple, Yarne was being Yarne, and Laurent had 3 years of doing something but accomplishing nothing before Lucina arrived. 

Oh no... Oh no ! My biggest fear has now become a reality... Roy and Lilina, my favorite characters from any FE, are both seasonal units. I was so hoping to see Eliwood/Ninian instead of them, so I wouldn't have to spend the 330+ F2P orbs I've earned the past 2 months. And knowing my bad luck, I might sink into the abysses of colorless hell. There's no way I'm breaking my F2P status... but I can't imagine not getting Roy. AAAAHHHHHHH. 

Hey, can we take a quick moment to talk about the voice acting performance here ? We've got some QUALITY work : a deeper tone for Eliwood which suits him marvellously, Lilina with the cutest voice ever (Yes, I actually enjoy Kliewer's work with the character. Unpopular oninion stuff... but you can deny the fact that her second take for Lilina is more solid than the first one), Hector is daddy material, Lyn is as great as ever... and Roy, OMG ! Not only Ray Chase managed to match his JPN counterpart, Jun Fukuyama, but he's delivered an even better performance this time ! His "Let's give it to 'em !" and "Let's take this to the next level !" are some dreamy lines, IMO. Ahhh... even his attack grunts have more fire than Jun's.

This banner better not be lying to me. 330+ orbs sniping for best boy, and I WILL get him. If I don't... well, guess I'll die.

18 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Rey, chill. She was late for the Christmas banner and they had to call an audible, okay?! All she did was forget the holiday. :P

But I have to complain about a version of the game I don't play on a forum on the internet!

I noticed something odd when reading one of Lyn's lines. She mentions wanting to repay Hector for helping her, but isn't Eliwood the one that helped her?

Edit: Also, someone on the wiki needs to fact check. When Roy mentions his mother it links to Ninian.

Edited by Arthur97

13 hours ago, Nanima said:

I find the disparity in reactions between the prospect of Camilla getting a fourth version and Lyn actually getting one to be more than a little hypocritical. Not to mention Roy getting his third version (with Hector 's already in the works), which other characters have been much more maligned for. But anything to get a dig in on that shitty Fateswakening and it's kiddy otaku fans, right?

I complained about Lyn! Unfortunately, I get the feeling that she's going to be the Camilla of the pre-3DS games so we'll be seeing her more often than not.

19 hours ago, Anacybele said:

But I'm not a bad person, SoC.

We know this. We know you don't have genuine ill will towards anyone here.

The problem is that you are very "in your face" with your statements without considerations of other viewpoints. Or when you get HUGELY DEFENSIVE over interpretations of fictional characters.

This isn't about you and me. This is about how you interact in this forum with others as well. How many times have you been so headstrong about your viewpoint? "When I think X is happening, that's the way it is." (Like your comment about how when you think you're being bullied, that's the way it is.) That's literally the attitude of being the stubborn management at a workplace. Things are never as clear cut as you decide them to be.

In a medium of discussion, saying "this is the way it is and that's that" is the literal anti-thesis of why you should even been in a forum.

19 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And I'm trying to say this in a civil way: I just often feel like you (and sometimes others) treat me as if I was. Perhaps there are better ways for both of us to handle things here at times. Also, can you stop bringing up things that happened forever ago?

That's the problem. You feel attacked whenever someone casually brings up an example.

Why is that? If you feel like it's a problem, fix it yourself by making people see that you've changed. You can't just tell them to do that. Your actions speak louder than your words.

Another thing is that when it comes to addressing a problem about yourself, you have a very defeatist attitude.

If you apply even half the resolve and passion you have for fictional characters that you get into arguments with to your own personal life then who's to say that you wouldn't be able to get along with other members of the forum better?

Another problem of yours is your lack of patience.

Like holy crap as an aside you said you were just tired of Elibe glorification for this banner.

Did you not remember the fact that you just had a *LEGENDARY BANNER* for Ike? You know, where he's celebrated as one of the greatest heroes in Fire Emblem? When do Thracia fans get a turn? When do Akaneia fans get seasonals? WHERE THE HELL IS LEIF?

FE Heroes being a gacha game by design is that you accept that *A MAJORITY OF BANNERS* will *NOT* be tailored to your tastes. That's the reality.

Give others a turn in the spotlight without the distasteful crap flinging or other trivial complaints that "it doesn't make sense".

Edited by shadowofchaos

I like Lyn and don't mind Camilla, but my issue with Camila's latest appearance is her appearing on a Hoshidan (themed) banner. I don't even like Hinoka, but being a Hinoka fan would be insufferable. I am alright with Lyn getting a seasonal here since it's an Elibian Lord banner (I know, Lilina, but she's essentially Binding Blade's representative female) and she fits right in. With that said, I hope she takes a step back for other characters now.