Shadow Dragon DLC images surface

Jedi

I won't be bothering with Caeda's dress. I don't like it at all and I wish for once they'd use a different dress design instead of using the same one over and over and over. Even if that dress DID look good, what happened to different styles/designs? I'd like to see variety here.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just seen Tiki's alt outfit, and oh gosh, she's adorable! She looks like a flower girl and she's so precious!

...I really like the broken armour models for the girls, especially Caeda. She's stunning, and her dress<3

I like how they used the same one from Heroes, keeps the consistentcy, I mean, who goes to their wedding in different dresses?

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I won't be bothering with Caeda's dress. I don't like it at all and I wish for once they'd use a different dress design instead of using the same one over and over and over. Even if that dress DID look good, what happened to different styles/designs? I'd like to see variety here.

It's a game built off of homages and call backs from across the series' history; they'd be getting loads more flack for changing her dress as opposed to just letting it be a straight homage.

3 minutes ago, DIO said:

It's a game built off of homages and call backs from across the series' history; they'd be getting loads more flack for changing her dress as opposed to just letting it be a straight homage.

An homage to what? That bride dress debuted in Awakening, not SD, you know. And Lucina already got that dress as a costume as well. Why would several women all wear the exact same dress for their wedding? (I'm including the Heroes brides and Eirika in Awakening here too)

Edited by Anacybele

An homage to what? That bride dress debuted in Awakening, not SD, you know. And Lucina already got that dress as a costume as well.

It's the variant featured from Heroes. If anything I'd like to see Lyn, Cordelia (and if she was in this game, Charlotte) get a matching outfit(s). More costumes are never a bad thing, especially since I'm sure you'd want a summer Scramble Frederick, hmm?

Edited by DIO
forgot Cordelia; thought it was Caledori that got the bridal costume...

My main enjoyment is this part here:

Caeda will get her exclusive weapon with SD DLC pack (Wing Spear?)

This could actually mean that in the Awakening pack, everyone might get a chance get their own personal weapons. Or at least I'm hoping Robin gets his personal weapon. I wonder if Tiki will also get her own personal weapon? Then again, she's the ONLY Dragonstone user. 

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

An homage to what? That bride dress debuted in Awakening, not SD, you know. And Lucina already got that dress as a costume as well.

Actually they aren't the same dress, the one Caeda has here looks like the one she got in Heroes

One thing I was looking forward to is seeing how SD characters look, since they didn't really have 3D models before like others. Their designs don't disappoint and I really like how Minerva looks. The DLC costumes also looks pretty neat and I didn't expect to see Awakening Lyn.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

My main enjoyment is this part here:

This could actually mean that in the Awakening pack, everyone might get a chance get their own personal weapons. Or at least I'm hoping Robin gets his personal weapon. I wonder if Tiki will also get her own personal weapon? Then again, she's the ONLY Dragonstone user. 

I think data has been found for weapons for everyone. Thoron for Robin for example.

1 minute ago, KaSlider said:

Actually they aren't the same dress, the one Caeda has here looks like the one she got in Heroes

They are the same dress, though, just with a slightly different color palette. There are lots of different style wedding dresses in real life, I would just like to see that in the FE world too. Like for Hoshido, they'd get Japanese themed wedding gowns.

2 minutes ago, DIO said:

It's the variant featured from Heroes. If anything I'd like to see Lyn (and if she was in this game, Charlotte) get a matching outfit(s). More costumes are never a bad thing, especially since I'm sure you'd want a summer Scramble Frederick, hmm?

Yeah, but I'm not asking for several guys to don the same swim shorts and hoodie. lol

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

They are the same dress, though, just with a slightly different color palette. There are lots of different style wedding dresses in real life, I would just like to see that in the FE world too. Like for Hoshido, they'd get Japanese themed wedding gowns.

lets not forget this is the wedding dress she wore when being wed to Marth, and lets also consider that shadow dragon and awakening take part in the exact same universe. so its not that weird for Cadea to have a dress that seems a bit familier but isnt exacly the same as awakenings wedding dress.

of course if you wanna check yourself, you can compare Lucinas dress right next to Cadeas to see how exact it looks

img_pack_img.jpg

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but I'm not asking for several guys to don the same swim shorts and hoodie. lol

The dresses have sufficient variation in their patterns and flourishes to justify separate costumes in my eyes (not to mention the fact that they're mostly seperate classes, with only Ceada and Cordelia sharing a moveset). Besides, would Xander, Ryoma, and Chrom be in the same outfit and vest or would they be wearing something besides swim trunks since Frederick would already have them? Who gets the 50s stripped onsie?

1 hour ago, dmurr said:

I'm honestly shocked that we have Bride/Groom outfits and.. whatever the hell Tiki's is, and not outfits based on characters from Shadow Dragon, especially since we already got Bride Lucina. 

Well, we need a Groom Marth to go with Bride Merth, right?

9 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I think data has been found for weapons for everyone. Thoron for Robin for example.

So…is Missiletainn a go? Because Owain BETTER get Missiletainn.

2 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Well, we need a Groom Marth to go with Bride Merth, right?

So…is Missiletainn a go? Because Owain BETTER get Missiletainn.

I don't think the DLC ones had the data. Owain might be an exception.

4 minutes ago, Thany said:

lets not forget this is the wedding dress she wore when being wed to Marth, and lets also consider that shadow dragon and awakening take part in the exact same universe. so its not that weird for Cadea to have a dress that seems a bit familier but isnt exacly the same as awakenings wedding dress.

of course if you wanna check yourself, you can compare Lucinas dress right next to Cadeas to see how exact it looks

img_pack_img.jpg

image.jpg

Big poofy skirt - check

Silly big poofy sleeves - check

Silly giant colored sash on the skirt's waist -check

Lots of frills - check

Yeah, they're the same dress with some minor variations. I'd like some dresses that aren't super poofy, some that are shorter, some with smaller sleeves or even no sleeves, etc.

Is there confirmation that this is the dress Caeda gets married in? We never actually saw official art of their wedding, did we?

5 minutes ago, DIO said:

The dresses have sufficient variation in their patterns and flourishes to justify separate costumes in my eyes (not to mention the fact that they're mostly seperate classes, with only Ceada and Cordelia sharing a moveset). Besides, would Xander, Ryoma, and Chrom be in the same outfit and vest or would they be wearing something besides swim trunks since Frederick would already have them? Who gets the 50s stripped onsie?

I don't think there's enough variation. Like I said, they all have big poofy sleeves, big poofy skirts, etc.

The swim outfits have more variation though. Some females wear one-piece swimsuits while others have two-piece bikinis. The males have long, loose shorts in Awakening, and short, tight ones in Nohr. And Gaius's shorts look different from Frederick's, at least, since Gaius's are black with candies on them, and Frederick's are silver and blue like his armor and bearing the same symbol that his pauldrons have.

1 hour ago, dmurr said:

Haha, I just unlocked the Chrom x Ryoma conversation playing last night and it was funny listening to Matt Mercer talk to himself.

Exactly. Hopefully Minerva also gets a support with Hinoka for another VA talking to themself..

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Big poofy skirt - check

Lots of frills - check

Yeah, they're the same dress with some minor variations. I'd like some dresses that aren't super poofy, some that are shorter, some with smaller sleeves or even no sleeves, etc.

Is there confirmation that this is the dress Caeda gets married in? We never actually saw official art of their wedding, did we?

I don't think there's enough variation. Like I said, they all have big poofy sleeves, big poofy skirts, etc.

The swim outfits have more variation though. Some females wear one-piece swimsuits while others have two-piece bikinis. The males have long, loose shorts in Awakening, and short, tight ones in Nohr. And Gaius's shorts look different from Frederick's, at least, since Gaius's are black with candies on them, and Frederick's are silver and blue like his armor and bearing the same symbol that his pauldrons have.

I'm sorry, what?

The dresses don't look similar at all. Besides, they seem to be styled after typical wedding dresses, which means poofy skirts and frills.

You're right that there's no official art of Marth and Caeda's wedding, and I cry myself to sleep every night about it, but it's kinda obvious this is the dress she wore, I mean, it's appeared twice in two different games now.

23 minutes ago, KaSlider said:

Caeda's dress isn't the same as the Heroes design.  It is very similar, but there are differences.  They probably used the Heroes design as the inspiration and made changes to differentiate it from Lucina's a bit more.

I dont see a bridal veil on Lucina like I do on Cadea, and I see for sure Cadea doesnt have that giant wing thing like Lucina does. plus silver slippers compared to gold slippers.

@Anacybele I know your a female and like males, but its kinda unfair to skip over all those other details the bride dresses have when you compare other simple desigsn like the males swimshorts from Fredrick to Gaius.

Big poofy skirt - check

Lots of frills - check

So you're ignoring the more compact gauntlets, or the fact her forearms are covered? what about the layering of the dress itself, or the omission of thin, fabric in Ceada's design as well as the lowered emphasis on gold inlay?

Nevermind; it's clear your not willing to actually humor the merit of this costume...

7 minutes ago, Lau said:

I'm sorry, what?

The dresses don't look similar at all. Besides, they seem to be styled after typical wedding dresses, which means poofy skirts and frills.

...Seriously? How do they NOT look similar?

And actually, there are lots of wedding dresses that aren't poofy and frilly like that. Just google wedding gowns and you'll see what I mean.

A gown can be skinny like this one:

cwvt15002_c.jpg

or bigger/poofier like this one:

360_1336_t0373_front_1024x1024.jpg?v=147

And some can have sleeves like the two above or no sleeves like this one:

Google shows me lots more gowns too. More are wider/poofy than skinny, but still.

This is just the kind of variety in wedding gowns I would like to see. I don't know why anyone has a problem with this.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...Seriously? How do they NOT look similar?

And actually, there are lots of wedding dresses that aren't poofy and frilly like that. Just google wedding gowns and you'll see what I mean.

A gown can be skinny like this one:

cwvt15002_c.jpg

or bigger/poofier like this one:

360_1336_t0373_front_1024x1024.jpg?v=147

And some can have sleeves like the two above or no sleeves like this one:

Google shows me lots more gowns too. More are wider/poofy than skinny, but still.

I was on about typical wedding gowns, like when they first pop into your head, but heyho.

The only thing they have in common, which is glaringly obvious, are the sashes and the sleeves, but even then, they have a lot of differences. You're ignoring all the differences that everyone is pointing out to you, Ana, and it's rather distressing.

Just now, Lau said:

I was on about typical wedding gowns, like when they first pop into your head, but heyho.

The only thing they have in common, which is glaringly obvious, are the sashes and the sleeves, but even then, they have a lot of differences. You're ignoring all the differences that everyone is pointing out to you, Ana, and it's rather distressing.

I didn't ignore them, didn't you see where I said "minor variations"? Those minor variations are just that, minor. And hardly notable.

6 minutes ago, DIO said:

Nevermind; it's clear your not willing to actually humor the merit of this costume...

What? Dude, you can't force me to like it.

11 minutes ago, Thany said:

I dont see a bridal veil on Lucina like I do on Cadea, and I see for sure Cadea doesnt have that giant wing thing like Lucina does. plus silver slippers compared to gold slippers.

@Anacybele I know your a female and like males, but its kinda unfair to skip over all those other details the bride dresses have when you compare other simple desigsn like the males swimshorts from Fredrick to Gaius.

I don't see a veil on either one of them? And I was talking about the dresses, not the shoes.

This has nothing to do with whether I like males more than females or not. And I don't even like Xander or Leo and I pointed out how their swimsuits differed a lot from Frederick and Gaius's.