Shadow Dragon DLC images surface

Jedi

Getting away from the current debacle, I do wonder if these costumes will have seperate Broken Armor models and what they'll entail. will Tiki inexplicably gain new straps for her dress?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Anacybele said:

I didn't ignore them, didn't you see where I said "minor variations"? Those minor variations are just that, minor. And hardly notable.

But they aren't minor. In fact, these are very major that makes strong differences with the outfits when you actually look at it. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

But they aren't minor. In fact, these are very major that makes strong differences with the outfits when you actually look at it. 

But they are minor. I can barely tell that they're there.

Oh cool, SD is coming to town.

Minerva and Navarre look solid. Linde’s face is a little derpy to me, but the model itself is fine.

I actually agree that the two wedding dresses look pretty similar to each other here. Are they the same? No. However, aside from a couple differences I probably wouldn’t be able to tell Lucina from Caeda. Let’s not give Ana a hard time.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

But they are minor. I can barely tell that they're there.

Are you really looking? By all means, you should be able to see that they are very different just by looking at it. Of course, if you are only focused on the major points that you pointed out, the big poofy skirt, silly big poofy sleeves, silly giant colored sash on the skirt's waist, and lots of frills, and see only that, then yes, one would think that. But look at how they assemble the dress, what textures they are. No two wedding dress are the same.

1 minute ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I actually agree that the two wedding dresses look pretty similar to each other here. Are they the same? No. However, aside from a couple differences I probably wouldn’t be able to tell Lucina from Caeda. Let’s not give Ana a hard time.

Thank you. And I've had enough people giving me a hard time today... And for really no reason. I didn't do anything wrong... At least, I don't think I did. I never meant to offend anyone in any case though.

And I'm still looking forward to Linde and Minerva, so I'm getting this pack for sure.

these probably wouldnt get so out of hand if little was said on disliking them, just a simple "I like the other costumes over Cades wedding dress, so im looking forward to them" or" I think I will prefer Cadeas normal costume over the bride one" without having to go on a tangent of how that costume should be different cause its always the same would probably have prevent that all togeather.

In hindsight it's funny were spending so long prattling about this since Ceada's a mounted unit anyway, so we're barely going to see it. So the question is; will her pegasus get a new armor set as well, or will it just use her unpromoted model's?

1 minute ago, DIO said:

In hindsight it's funny were spending so long prattling about this since Ceada's a mounted unit anyway, so we're barely going to see it. So the question is; will her pegasus get a new armor set as well, or will it just use her unpromoted model's?

What I worry more is if the poor horses skin is gonna get clipped in just because her dress is so big, and I dont think she sits with both legs on 1 side. XD

1 minute ago, Thany said:

What I worry more is if the poor horses skin is gonna get clipped in just because her dress is so big, and I dont think she sits with both legs on 1 side. XD

Oh that's going to happen; make no mistake about it. I wouldn't be surpirsed if we barely see any of the horse outside of its hooves and wings quite frankly.

Just now, DIO said:

Oh that's going to happen; make no mistake about it. I wouldn't be surpirsed if we barely see any of the horse outside of its hooves and wings quite frankly.

The horse is just secretly Cadeas dress being rode on. best horse dlc costume ever.

28 minutes ago, Lau said:

I'm sorry, what?

The dresses don't look similar at all. Besides, they seem to be styled after typical wedding dresses, which means poofy skirts and frills.

You're right that there's no official art of Marth and Caeda's wedding, and I cry myself to sleep every night about it, but it's kinda obvious this is the dress she wore, I mean, it's appeared twice in two different games now.

Aren't they all derivatives of the Awakening dress?

14 minutes ago, DIO said:

Getting away from the current debacle, I do wonder if these costumes will have seperate Broken Armor models and what they'll entail. will Tiki inexplicably gain new straps for her dress?

I would say so. The others did.

6 minutes ago, DIO said:

I was curious about that myself. Will she ride side-saddle?

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I dont think so, this is a costume over her normal model, I dont think her character ever rode side saddle, so ether the dress actually has collision with the horse and it looks a tad uncomfortable to sit in, or the dress clips the poor horses back XP

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

February 15th.

Also, two personal skills revealed:

Minerva: Iote's Shield-- negates effective damage

Navarre: Solitary-- increases stats if not paired up

Nothing for Linde, weirdly.

For real!?! 

That’s the day before my birthday (turning 20)! 

:D

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Considering how cheap KT and Omega Force can get sometimes, she might ride as normal. Unless they borrow Zhen Ji's old side saddle animation that is.

As for the wedding dresses in general, at least they're way more interesting than what several ladies in DW9 are getting as pre-order costumes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ih1rhDp5Ek&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Watchman

4 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Considering how cheap KT and Omega Force can get sometimes, she might ride as normal. Unless they borrow Zhen Ji's old side saddle animation that is.

As for the wedding dresses in general, at least they're way more interesting than what several ladies in DW9 are getting as pre-order costumes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ih1rhDp5Ek&feature=youtu.be

...aside from the ring girls' new dress (which to be fair is quite lovely) these look like what could be broken armor models for those characters. also that dude's armor is an...interesting, color scheme.

lmao, Minerva looks so pissed about something; moreso than in the artwork her image is based off of.  She's probably thinking about her asshole of a brother.

Marth looks pretty dapper, too.  Nice that Lyn gets a more proper adaptation of that costume as well.

Also, I knew we'd get those maps.  Ghoul's Teeth?  Check.  Castle Diel?  Check.  Knorda Market?  Check.

Some other interesting info out as well, and I also am actually quite surprised this is coming out next week.  Though Tiki isn't getting an exclusive weapon?  I mean, I know she's the only one who uses dragonstones, but still...

7 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

lmao, Minerva looks so pissed about something; moreso than in the artwork her image is based off of.  She's probably thinking about her asshole of a brother.

Marth looks pretty dapper, too.  Nice that Lyn gets a more proper adaptation of that costume as well.

Also, I knew we'd get those maps.  Ghoul's Teeth?  Check.  Castle Diel?  Check.  Knorda Market?  Check.

Some other interesting info out as well, and I also am actually quite surprised this is coming out next week.  Though Tiki isn't getting an exclusive weapon?  I mean, I know she's the only one who uses dragonstones, but still...

I might be wrong, but isn't the stone she's holding in her costume artwork a new one? I don't recall any of them being that kind of translucent golden, least of all with such a basic design...

29 minutes ago, Thany said:

I dont think so, this is a costume over her normal model, I dont think her character ever rode side saddle, so ether the dress actually has collision with the horse and it looks a tad uncomfortable to sit in, or the dress clips the poor horses back XP

Shame. Seems like a waste to give riders costumes at all.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Shame. Seems like a waste to give riders costumes at all.

well theres still the intro and outro cutscene for the characters. so she will still look pretty in them when you watch them.

3 minutes ago, Thany said:

well theres still the intro and outro cutscene for the characters. so she will still look pretty in them when you watch them.

That's not much.

On another note, am I the only one who thinks Linde's face looks weird?

I'm so excited for all of this pack! I'm super behind though as I've only completely finished Cold Reception from the Fates pack and though I've cleared Grief (but not completed) I haven't even cleared Land of the Gods or Together to the End for Celica, though I detest her character. I also only have 4 characters at 110 though everyone is at least at 100. Time to seriously grind and get paragon on everyone for that new level cap.