Shadow Dragon DLC images surface

Jedi

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Wait, Cordelia's getting Camus's weapon instead of Camus himself being added? That really really sucks. I'd have much rather had Camus himself in this game even though I do like Cordelia. >.>

Slight correction, Cordelia's weapon is listed as Gungnir, a.k.a the Holy Weapon from FE4 not Gradivus, but it doesn't really make much of a difference honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed its name but I also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Azz said:

Slight correction, Cordelia's weapon is listed as Gungnir, a.k.a the Holy Weapon from FE4 not Gradivus, but it doesn't really make much of a difference honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed its name but I also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Besides, Cordelia couldnt even use that Gradivus even if she wanted to..... because FREDRICK himself uses it in his awakening attack. along with the sword Mercurius. so camus was rip the moment fredrick got in XD

Edited by Thany

3 minutes ago, Thany said:

Besides, Cordelia couldnt even use that Gradivus even if she wanted to..... because FREDRICK himself uses it in his awakening attack. along with the sword Mercurius. so camus was rip the moment fredrick got in XD

Too bad no one uses Parthia, we could have had the complete collection. They actually could have given it to Lucina for her Awakening Special, since she does use a bow in that.

5 minutes ago, Thany said:

Is it Gradivus? I kind of assumed it was because of the sword, but I couldn't get a good look at it.

2 hours ago, r_n said:

The other weapons are the Armored Axe, Healing Axe (man they had better not give it Healer....could at least have had innate Topsy Turvy Bolt Axe),  and Gradvius for Cordelia right?

It's actually Gungnir, not Gradivus

Stoked for this update tho

EDIT: apparently I got beat. Didn't load the other posts til after

Edited by Motendra

Thanks for the correction. Gungnir is kind of a weird pull (even if it was in awakening) and makes me wonder why they didnt just use Helswrath for Frederick's axe. Would have made a cute set of references even if Owain has his goofy fake sword instead of Mystletainn

40 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Is it Gradivus? I kind of assumed it was because of the sword, but I couldn't get a good look at it.

I'm pretty sure it is. I recall seeing the red ribbon things Gradivus had. Plus it would be weird if he only had Mercurius.

I know I'll be dissapointed, but I hope Minerva isn't a clone. When you think about it they did a good work with Camilla's moveset, a dragon rider should be unique by itself, and it would suit minerva, yet they gave her magic because malig knights use tomes, even more, they gave her fire magic, which she uses when you first fight against her, so it would be strange for Minerva to have it, even more when you think that she can't use magic at all.

Anyway, I'd prefer pantless Marth, Gaiden Celica or Awakening Tiki over the skins we got, but at least they aren't that bad.

Just now, Sbuscoz said:

I know I'll be dissapointed, but I hope Minerva isn't a clone. When you think about it they did a good work with Camilla's moveset, a dragon rider should be unique by itself, and it would suit minerva, yet they gave her magic because malig knights use tomes, even more, they gave her fire magic, which she uses when you first fight against her, so it would be strange for Minerva to have it, even more when you think that she can't use magic at all.

Anyway, I'd prefer pantless Marth, Gaiden Celica or Awakening Tiki over the skins we got, but at least they aren't that bad.

In fairness, Frederick is throwing out tornadoes and all the archers are also throwing out tornadoes and using twirly wind blades because Takumi, the one who was clearly the original archer in the game, uses it since he's the fujin yumi guy. 

So it's silly, but not really out of place in the game. Camilla's use of fire is a little more referential, but she's also not using it in the same way that, say, Azura uses water in all of her combos.

12 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

Eh, can you really see adult Tiki with that moveset?

1 hour ago, r_n said:

Well technically tactician robin can't use dark magic without reclassing either, and he only uses it in 2 of his attacks i think (the nosferatu combo and the grima-referencing awakening finisher). They're clearly making some minor concessions.

I don't think Robin uses Nosferatu here.  He does use Ruin though.

3 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

I don't think Robin uses Nosferatu here.  He does use Ruin though.

Is it Ruin? I assumed it was nosferatu since he had that in smash. Still, the bubble thing is dark magic for sure.

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Is it Ruin? I assumed it was nosferatu since he had that in smash. Still, the bubble thing is dark magic for sure.

It's Ruin. If you listen close enough, you can hear him say it when he does the combo, like with all the casters spells. Still find it weird Robin uses Rexaura of all things.

3 minutes ago, r_n said:

That's Ruin.  He calls out his spell names, just like Elise and Leo.  Elfire, Elwind, Thoron, Ruin, and Rexaura for Robin; Arcwind, Goetia, Arcfire, Moonlight, and Mjolnir for Elise and Leo.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

2 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

That's Ruin.  He calls out his spell names, just like Elise and Leo.  Elfire, Elwind, Thoron, Ruin, and Rexaura for Robin; Arcwind, Goetia, Arcfire, Moonlight, and Mjolnir for Elise and Leo.

They say it so low I can never make it out (aside from Goetia, Arcfire, and whatever spell Elise uses in her special that i cant even begin to spell). I only just now heard Validar basically whisper out Thoron.

Thanks for the clarification

1 hour ago, r_n said:

Thanks for the correction. Gungnir is kind of a weird pull (even if it was in awakening) and makes me wonder why they didnt just use Helswrath for Frederick's axe. Would have made a cute set of references even if Owain has his goofy fake sword instead of Mystletainn

What? The whole point is Owain can't truly be Owain unless he has Missiletainn instead of Mystletainn! The only way OG Mystletainn would be acceptable is if Ophelia were also added with her Missiletainn. Maybe he can use Mystletainn for his Awakening or Musou, though.

42 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

What? The whole point is Owain can't truly be Owain unless he has Missiletainn instead of Mystletainn! The only way OG Mystletainn would be acceptable is if Ophelia were also added with her Missiletainn. Maybe he can use Mystletainn for his Awakening or Musou, though.

My point wasn't "Owain should have had the real one" it was it would complete the set of references by having a legendary jurgdal lance, axe and (fake but shhh) sword

1 hour ago, r_n said:

They say it so low I can never make it out (aside from Goetia, Arcfire, and whatever spell Elise uses in her special that i cant even begin to spell). I only just now heard Validar basically whisper out Thoron.

Thanks for the clarification

Ginnungagap!

4 hours ago, Thany said:

I think it's just silver weapons; they seem to perfectly match when using the Silver Axe after all.