Shadow Dragon DLC images surface

Jedi

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minerva's hair, now that I've looked at it, seems different to me here.  It looks more... forward swept (?) like NES/SNES era Minerva hair, while her other appearances tend to have her hair a bit more loose.  Does anyone know what I mean?

31 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Minerva's hair, now that I've looked at it, seems different to me here.  It looks more... forward swept (?) like NES/SNES era Minerva hair, while her other appearances tend to have her hair a bit more loose.  Does anyone know what I mean?

And here I thought I was just imagining it

Minerva

Looking at her SD portrait, aside from the bangs and two strands on the side, all the rest looked to be in the back, showing some volume. Heroes does the same. In this iteration however, said strands are harder to notice, as what was more in the back before, now seems to be brought to the forefront with it. It almost looks completely different as a result, but one thing I've noticed is that sans said two longer strands, everything else stops at her chin

Its... a little weird tbh, but I'll get used to it eventually

In case you guys missed it, the official website has updated with the new DLC and characters.

https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/fe/index.html

Also this confirms a few things:

-Linde's skill charges Awakening gauge when you perform a critical

-Caeda, Tiki, Anna, Linde, Minerva, and Navarre all get their personal weapons

Edited by Torii

18 minutes ago, Torii said:

In case you guys missed it, the official website has updated with the new DLC and characters.

Alright, awesome I'll do another update when the Heroes one has been up for a bit.

4 hours ago, Torii said:

Sounds great. I have been waiting to hear a confirmation for Anna's, Caeda's and Tiki's prf weapons. That just leaves the remaining Awakening characters (Cordelia, Lissa, Frederick and Robin) as the only ones without a prf weapon which they should get next month.

3 hours ago, Torii said:

AKA, just another way to turn Tiki into a dragon as fast as possible, and to keep her as one as long as possible.

8 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

AKA, just another way to turn Tiki into a dragon as fast as possible, and to keep her as one as long as possible.

Particularly in duels. I wouldn't ever imagine doing Arena with her for merely bringing it up to be a challenge, only for it to not last long. But with this? Whooooo boy

A few additional screenshots have shown up on the NoA Twitter.  Nothing noteworthy, just intro/outro cuts and an image of Minerva fighting Anna.  Also sort of confirms that release will be simultaneous, just like the last two packs.

The link in the tweet goes to the English DLC page, though I don't think there are images there that we haven't seen elsewhere, except maybe the screenshot of Navarre and Caeda's support conversation.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

A few additional screenshots have shown up on the NoA Twitter.  Nothing noteworthy, just intro/outro cuts and an image of Minerva fighting Anna.  Also sort of confirms that release will be simultaneous, just like the last two packs.

The link in the tweet goes to the English DLC page, though I don't think there are images there that we haven't seen elsewhere, except maybe the screenshot of Navarre and Caeda's support conversation.

Awwh, I was already fond of their renders, but seeing them ingame? All three of them look gorgeous!

Oh, what a time to be an Archanea fan~

47 minutes ago, Lau said:

Awwh, I was already fond of their renders, but seeing them ingame? All three of them look gorgeous!

Oh, what a time to be an Archanea fan~

I know.. I wish we had more. I would've happily had more Shadow Dragon characters in place of some of the Fates characters. Camus, Ogma or Draug would've been lovely.

13 minutes ago, dmurr said:

I know.. I wish we had more. I would've happily had more Shadow Dragon characters in place of some of the Fates characters. Camus, Ogma or Draug would've been lovely.

Don't forget Hardin!

Though I'm not against the Fates characters and don't mind the royals

Edited by Motendra

1 hour ago, dmurr said:

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

Don't forget Hardin!

Though I'm not against the Fates characters and don't mind the royals

Can't believe you're both forgetting Xane!

I like the Fates royals, especially the Nohrians, but did we need all of them? I'm not complaining, but the likes of Kaze and Rinkah would've been fantastic.

10 minutes ago, Lau said:

I like the Fates royals, especially the Nohrians, but did we need all of them? I'm not complaining, but the likes of Kaze and Rinkah would've been fantastic.

I would argue that yes, we did need all of the royals (even if I would prefer that Elise not be in the game and not be a statiscally superior Leo). It would be incredibly odd to include some of them, while arbitrarily leaving out the rest.

The problem with retainers, of course, is that any of them would be arbitrary in a similar fashion. With core characters like Kaze, Azura, and Silas, they are essential to the fates experience, whereas Niles and Oboro are just two random retainers among many.

Edited by Etheus

6 hours ago, Lau said:

But everyone is secretly Xane, didn't you know?

Edited by Motendra

57 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I would argue that yes, we did need all of the royals (even if I would prefer that Elise not be in the game and not be a statiscally superior Leo). It would be incredibly odd to include some of them, while arbitrarily leaving out the rest.

The problem with retainers, of course, is that any of them would be arbitrary in a similar fashion. With core characters like Kaze, Azura, and Silas, they are essential to the fates experience, whereas Niles and Oboro are just two random retainers among many.

Did we really need Niles and Oboro? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy both characters, but I thought for sure when they announced Shadow Dragon as a "focus" title we'd get more than 3 in the base game. It would've been logical to have Elise and Sakura take the NPC roles instead and come in with the DLC alongside Azura and had two more Shadow Dragon characters, even if they had to be clones of other characters as well.  I wouldn't be surprised if they planned more Shadow Dragon content but it got cut as time went along though honestly. They kinda just show up at the end of the story. Seemed a bit rushed to me.

15 minutes ago, dmurr said:

Did we really need Niles and Oboro? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy both characters, but I thought for sure when they announced Shadow Dragon as a "focus" title we'd get more than 3 in the base game. It would've been logical to have Elise and Sakura take the NPC roles instead and come in with the DLC alongside Azura and had two more Shadow Dragon characters, even if they had to be clones of other characters as well.  I wouldn't be surprised if they planned more Shadow Dragon content but it got cut as time went along though honestly. They kinda just show up at the end of the story. Seemed a bit rushed to me.

They may just show up, but at least they have their act together. Refreshing after getting out of Fates.

26 minutes ago, dmurr said:

Oboro and Niles are more popular than some royals in japan. Oboro was actually only beaten by Camilla.

But really, not needed at all. We didn't need Niles (or Anna), two Archers were enough, and Oboro's niche of being infantry lance is better done by Azura.

Edited by guedesbrawl

2 minutes ago, guedesbrawl said:

Oboro and Niles are more popular than some royals in japan. Oboro was actually only beaten by Camilla.

But really, not needed at all. We didn't need Niles (or Anna), two Archers were enough, and Oboro's niche of being infantry lance is better done by Azura.

Yeah I did know they were popular. I almost noted that before, but Azura is certainly worldwide more popular than at least Niles and has all of the story importance but left out of this game anyway. I would've rather had another character other than Anna, as well, to be honest.

Oboro feels like an actual infantry lance though. Azura is so specialized, no one else could've played the way she does. 

17 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

They may just show up, but at least they have their act together. Refreshing after getting out of Fates.

Haha, this is very true. I know they just wanted both sides of the story to mimic each other, but I found Camilla's and Hinoka's chapters to be somewhat ridiculous. Though the most ridiculous is probably Frederick's chapter, lol.

2 minutes ago, dmurr said:

Haha, this is very true. I know they just wanted both sides of the story to mimic each other, but I found Camilla's and Hinoka's chapters to be somewhat ridiculous. Though the most ridiculous is probably Frederick's chapter, lol.

At least for Frederick is was a practice bout of sorts. The others actually attacked. Though, I guess I should give them props for accurately portraying the essence of Fates.

The first part of the Fates arc really should've been a whole map per route. Two misunderstandings in a row doesn't fly. I'm actually okay with how the Sakura/Elise misunderstanding happened, but too have it twice? Nope.

The two chapters we'd be missing would be better used to make Corrin more involved and make Chapter 13 feel less out of nowhere. And another for expanding on the SD "arc".

Edited by guedesbrawl

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Watch as I beat the game without ever touching them or watching the cutscenes that include them.

Okay, maybe Azura is a central part, but the other two are as unimportant as the rest.  Them getting maybe one or two scenes more in the story or being available in all paths hardly makes them essential... especially not Silas, who already shares his base class with three characters, as well as two more if you count children.  You could play through Conquest, Birthright, and Revelation, and not touch any of them.

6 minutes ago, guedesbrawl said:

Oboro's a better lance duelist, and also a proper soldier.  Azura has a bit of a different niche than simply being lance infantry, being a songstress who is quite feeble on the defensive front (even though that isn't properly reflected in this game).  She's also more AoE oriented than 'Boro.

Though I honestly don't even care anyway.  Folks can continue staying salty about those two characters getting in, I myself am quite pleased I get to wreck shit as one of the best damn characters in all of Fates, the amazingly fashionable Oboro.  And I'll be damn glad to stomp fools as Minerva, too.

16 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Watch as I beat the game without ever touching them or watching the cutscenes that include them.

Okay, maybe Azura is a central part, but the other two are as unimportant as the rest.  Them getting maybe one or two scenes more in the story or being available in all paths hardly makes them essential... especially not Silas, who already shares his base class with three characters, as well as two more if you count children.  You could play through Conquest, Birthright, and Revelation, and not touch any of them.

While I don't disagree with your point, if you don't use Kaze in BR, he literally dies (which, while not monumental by itself, is still something he has gong for him). I think by "essential", that'd mean that they're, in a sense,  Corrin's "unofficial" retainers, where they seem to have some amount of contribution. At least, that's how [Kaze & Silas] come off in BR & CQ , even if its less than Corrin's ACTUAL retainers: Felicia, Jakob, Gunther(?), and Flora. No argument on RV though

I hope the next game has Sirius in it. I don't really see why everybody wants Camus. He died in the only game he was even in. I want more of Sirius. Who is he? Why is he so strong? How does he know Nyna? They could even give him Gradivus and maybe a costume of Camus since they look kind of alike.