Shadow Dragon DLC images surface

Jedi

53 minutes ago, Azz said:

It has supports, but it doesn't have support conversations. But the supports that are there are so minimal and never even mentioned they might as well not even exist. Though sometimes some characters have conversations between one another, like Caeda and Ogma. New Mystery, SD's sequel, had supports though, but most of them were with Kris and very few had supports with anyone but Kris, at least as far as I remember.

yeah, everyone had Base Conversations with Kris and some characters got one or two supports with other characters. I think Caeda got the most: Kris, Marth, Maelicia, and Ogma.

Note that this is separate from the actual support mechanic, since someone like Marth only gets conversations with kris & Caeda, but gets support bonuses from Merric as well.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Liliesgrace said:

Wait, Shadow Dragon didn't have supports? It was on the DS wasn't it? I only got as far as the chapter after getting Minerva recruited but I never thought it was missing supports. Weird.

Here is a list of the various non-Support Talk Conversations that SD has.

It does leave out a couple things, like the Hardin-Marth conversation, here:

Spoiler

(Conversation: Marth and Hardin)

Marth:
“Lord Hardin, I am Marth of Altea. I’ve come to offer what help I can.”

Hardin:
“And I very gratefully accept it. Stories of your exploits travel fast, young prince. I feel as though I’ve gained a thousand allies in one.”

Marth:
“I’ve heard a few stories of you as well, Coyote. It will be an honor to fight alongside such a courageous man.”

Hardin:
“I’ve left Princess Nyna someplace safe for now. We need to decide who will command here. I was hoping it would be you.”

Marth:
“Me? But, Sir Hardin, you are far more qualified-“

Hardin:
“Tsk, Princess Nyna would not be pleased to hear us nitpicking over who will be listed in the history books. Take command, so we can oust this Medonian scum and be done with it.”

Marth:
“You are sure?”

Hardin:
“Make no mistake. Lord Marth. I consider myself an exceptionally good judge of character. If I thought you acted out of selfishness or ambition, I would not extend the offer I have. You have my trust.”

Marth:
“Lord Hardin, thank you. That is an honor. If you don’t mind me saying so… I feel as though I’ve made a good friend. We share the same ideals, I think.”

Hardin:
“That we do. May our friendship be a long one.”

And here are all of NM's Base Conversation Supports (1/3 feature at least one Whitewing, and yet Abel and Cain don't have one together).

As for gameplay effects, you do get Support Bonuses in both SD and NM.

Support bonuses, I'm pretty sure, have existed since the original Mystery of the Emblem, so it shouldn't come as much of a surprise that they exist in SD as well.

But yeah, Archanean support convos in general are in short supply.  Of the cast that is/will be in FEW, Navarre and Linde in particular have gotten fairly shafted, both of them only getting one line of supports besides one with the avatar.  Minerva and Caeda actually get plenty; about four each, barring their ones with the avatar.  Marth, surprisingly, only has one support with someone besides the avatar, but then again he also is the protagonist and thus gets a lot of screen time anyway.

52 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It does leave out a couple things, like the Hardin-Marth conversation, here:

Reveal hidden contents

(Conversation: Marth and Hardin)

Marth:
“Lord Hardin, I am Marth of Altea. I’ve come to offer what help I can.”

Hardin:
“And I very gratefully accept it. Stories of your exploits travel fast, young prince. I feel as though I’ve gained a thousand allies in one.”

Marth:
“I’ve heard a few stories of you as well, Coyote. It will be an honor to fight alongside such a courageous man.”

Hardin:
“I’ve left Princess Nyna someplace safe for now. We need to decide who will command here. I was hoping it would be you.”

Marth:
“Me? But, Sir Hardin, you are far more qualified-“

Hardin:
“Tsk, Princess Nyna would not be pleased to hear us nitpicking over who will be listed in the history books. Take command, so we can oust this Medonian scum and be done with it.”

Marth:
“You are sure?”

Hardin:
“Make no mistake. Lord Marth. I consider myself an exceptionally good judge of character. If I thought you acted out of selfishness or ambition, I would not extend the offer I have. You have my trust.”

Marth:
“Lord Hardin, thank you. That is an honor. If you don’t mind me saying so… I feel as though I’ve made a good friend. We share the same ideals, I think.”

Hardin:
“That we do. May our friendship be a long one.”

How dare you remind me that they were friends once.

1 hour ago, r_n said:

yeah, everyone had Base Conversations with Kris and some characters got one or two supports with other characters. I think Caeda got the most: Kris, Marth, Maelicia, and Ogma.

Note that this is separate from the actual support mechanic, since someone like Marth only gets conversations with kris & Caeda, but gets support bonuses from Merric as well.

SD didn't have Kris.  That was NMotE.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

Ahhh, 30 mins away. The anticipation.

So while we wait, what are you all looking forward to most? For me it's killing Gharnef with Linde in HD.

EDIT: The update is now live and can be downloaded.

Edited by Azz

5 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Honestly not unhappy if Minerva is a clone since I'm so used to camillas moveset.

EDIT: I bought the Season Pass ages ago but can't remember/figure out how to download the new pack.

Go to FEW on the Switch home, press plus and select software update. You should get the new update alongside the DLC.

Edited by Azz

It's a shame minerva is a clone,...I really figured Linde would be the clone, not her.

Now we'll get to go through this AGAIN in the awakening pack as we insessently argue on if Tharja will be a clone or not since Fates had 1 but SD has 2 clones

By the way, Minerva's voice actor is really great! And her scarf looks really nice floating in the wind behind her. She & Linde both start with their legendary weapons like Azura did. 160 BP, no specil attributes (laaaame)

1 minute ago, r_n said:

It's a shame minerva is a clone,...I really figured Linde would be the clone, not her.

Now we'll get to go through this AGAIN in the awakening pack as we insessently argue on if Tharja will be a clone or not since Fates had 1 but SD has 2 clones

By the way, Minerva's voice actor is really great! And her scarf looks really nice floating in the wind behind her. She & Linde both start with their legendary weapons like Azura did. 160 BP, no specil attributes (laaaame)

I'm so jealous, my download bar is taking forever. *wails* I wanna play as pretty mage Linde NOW.

4 minutes ago, r_n said:

At least they wont be trouble to level up and you wont have to grind to get them up in weapon ranks. I currently have barely any materials to work with so this is a blessing.

As for the whole Minerva being a clone thing, I expected it. 1) There would be no point in making a new moveset when there was a perfectly functional one in Camilla and the generic Wyvern enemies and 2) people said the fact Camilla using fire magic would mean Minerva would have her own moveset, but Freddy pretty much uses wind magic so...

Anyways, we already argued about that enough, lets jsut be happy the DLC is out and the characters all look fantastic.

Currently still have 40% left to go on my download. Curse my shitty broadband.

Edited by Azz

Oh wow, the crest confirmation option is even better. It's not just turning off the "IS THIS ALRIGHT? <yes> SWEET SUCCESS!" voices, it removes the prompt entirely. Things go super fast now

I think Minerva uses Marth and Linde materials, Navarre uses Marth & Caeda materials, Linde uses Gharnef & Minerva materials. AT least, before promotion.

I have to say that I hoped that Minerva wouldn't be a clone, but I'm more disappointed in her specials, they seem kinda lame to me. Also, is Navarre a Lyn clone? I haven't played a lot with her, I don't even have her complete moveset, but I saw a reference to the swordmaster crit in SD and wanted to ask.

It was great seeing Linde appear with her coat too.

Still digging around in their initial crests, but quick heads up: Minerva also uses pegasus crests (not too surprising), Linde needs knight materials and Navarre needs (sigh) Outlaw materials. Really hoping the DLC maps has a dedicated Outlaw map, they're by far the worst "normal" enemy to grind on since they usually only show up once in a given map and their best grind spot is an arena.

5 minutes ago, r_n said:

Oh wow, the crest confirmation option is even better. It's not just turning off the "IS THIS ALRIGHT? <yes> SWEET SUCCESS!" voices, it removes the prompt entirely. Things go super fast now

I think Minerva uses Marth and Linde materials, Navarre uses Marth & Caeda materials, Linde uses Gharnef & Minerva materials. AT least, before promotion.

Thank you for the heads up on materials so I know where to start. Bummed that Linde and Minerva are the ones with swapped materials since I won't have any built up yet but at least I can get Navarre up and running quickly.

EDIT: Nevermind. Outlaw materials? -sigh- I still don't have enough of those to finish out Niles yet alone Celica who I just got a couple days ago.

Edited by Liliesgrace

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Still digging around in their initial crests, but quick heads up: Minerva also uses pegasus crests (not too surprising), Linde needs knight materials and Navarre needs (sigh) Outlaw materials. Really hoping the DLC maps has a dedicated Outlaw map, they're by far the worst "normal" enemy to grind on since they usually only show up once in a given map and their best grind spot is an arena.

Kill me now. It took me hours to just get them for Celica and Niles, and I haven't even finished.

Hmmm...So I guess SD DLC then end up with two moveset clones after all, at least the questions have finally been answered. Nice to see Linde with her own magic moveset using light magic like I thought she would along with lightning? magic.

Still, I am kind of disappointed that I won't be able to play this new content for about 8 hours because that's probably how long it will take for it to download. Sigh, it was the same with Fates DLC as well.