Shadow Dragon DLC images surface

Jedi

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh nice nice nice

One of the UI improvements was made on the map deployment screen. You can now change a unit's skills (!!!!), costume, and check their support level directly from the map!

By the way, there's special enemy reinforcements that get effectiveness against other types. This level 20 master sael mission just had Paladins spawn with wingslayer weapons

7 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Can Linde use staves?

Yes she can.

Also Linde's promo is Sage, Minerva's is Wyvern Lord and Navarre's is Hero. Would post pics but I need sleep first.

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

By the way, there's special enemy reinforcements that get effectiveness against other types. This level 20 master sael mission just had Paladins spawn with wingslayer weapons

Oh hey, so Iote's Shield will actually have use for people besides just the fliers and occasionally Tiki/Corrin, then.

How much you wanna bet the only reason they gave slayer weapons to enemies now was to make sure the skill had more use?

2 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Oh hey, so Iote's Shield will actually have use for people besides just the fliers and occasionally Tiki/Corrin, then.

How much you wanna bet the only reason they gave slayer weapons to enemies now was to make sure the skill had more use?

probably that and also, it was kind of weird that there was this effectiveness system that you, the player, could only really take advantage of. Literally the only times to worry about it were bows and enemy falchion users. And depending on the map, the falchion users may not even have falchion.

1 hour ago, Silent shifter said:

For those who are already playing the history maps, if you have completed any map, mind telling me what is the costume locked behind the map?

Thanks in advance.

Caeda's bride outfit is unlocked by simply completing the first map.

The Opus's for the Wing Spear, Sol Katti,  Wo Dao, and Enliron are also in this map.

Still have to complete the other two.

Wowza, Wing Spear got a new unique ability to it to simulate the plate & mount slayer effect of the original: Rampage. It gives both slaying effects in one skill, so you can even give her another slayer on top of that. Really shoots her to the most valuable pegasus knight.

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

Meanwhile Minerva has:

• Ryoma
  • Hinoka
  • Sakura
  • Marth
  • Linde

What no Caeda?

It annoys me that Caeda has a Pegasus and doesn't have an explanation behind it, since otherwise all Pegasus Knights in Archanea are from Macedon. A Minerva support would finally be able to answer this mystery. Elincia is of a similar situation in Tellius, and has hers explained as being the former possession of her great-grandmother who came from Begnion (and this tells us Pegasus in Tellius must have really long lives).

25 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Not a single support with an Awakening character. What's wrong with this picture?

I'm trying to think who could work with who. Robin-Linde sounds a little generic since both are mages, but it sounds plausible still. Maybe Linde-Tharja? Navarre-Olivia should be a thing, since Olivia is obviously a reference to Phina who Navarre joins with in Mystery. Navarre-Frederick with Frederick questioning the loyalty of Navarre sounds feasible too. 

36 minutes ago, Azz said:

(Though she says Starlight Explosion)

That isn't wrong, a translation of his dialogue in Mystery Book 1 can sometimes be Starlight Explosion instead of just Starlight. The Explosion part probably came off as a unnecessary and even juvenile in its descriptive power, so NoA dropped it.

1 hour ago, ChickenBits said:

For someone who doesn't talk a lot, Navarre can surprisingly hold a conversation with a lot of people. I thought Linde would be the one to have more support conversations since she's more lively compared to the other two.

Navarre seems a little bloated to me. Did he need Hinoka? Ryoma and Lyn are both Eastern sword users, Marth is Marth, and Caeda is obvious since she recruits him. Sakura is probably a stand in for Lena. Tiki, well other than being from SD, I don't think Navarre needs it.

As for Linde, the impression I got from her SD conversation with Merric is that, at least in SD, she is something of an introvert who only cares about her father. NM does make her more social, she probably isn't antisocial, but not a social butterfly either, it was just a sheltered upbringing with her dad?

And for Minerva, Ryoma is like Michalis, Hinoka is Minerva herself, Sakura is Maria, Marth is Marth, and Linde she comes with. That is my guess of the reasoning.

12 minutes ago, Azz said:

Navarre's is Hero.

Nice reference to FE1/3 where Mercenaries and Heroes alone existed, none of this Myrmidon/Samurai and Swordmaster nonsense. I think FE6 was originally not going to have Swordmasters either.

19 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Heh. XD About the only enemy in the main game that had a slayer weapon that isn't a bow user was a random Fighter with a Volant Axe.

21 minutes ago, Azz said:

Yes she can.

Also Linde's promo is Sage, Minerva's is Wyvern Lord and Navarre's is Hero. Would post pics but I need sleep first.

I was curious as to how Minerva would be handled class wise, knowing that Dracoknight was a promoted class in Archanea (and at that, a promotion of Pegasus Knights)... Also, I was thrown off by Navarre being a Mercenary when I first saw him in an enemy lineup. As for Linde, I was curious what her promoted class was going to be since Mages originally promoted into Bishops (Sages didn't come along until Gaiden).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As for Linde, the impression I got from her SD conversation with Merric is that, at least in SD, she is something of an introvert who only cares about her father. NM does make her more social, she probably isn't antisocial, but not a social butterfly either, it was just a sheltered upbringing with her dad?

She's not the most energetic but her competition aren't exactly social butterflies either. Why does Navarre have a support conversation with Hinoka? I didn't really pay attention to the lists but now that I look at them I don't understand why Hinoka and Navarre.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm trying to think who could work with who. Robin-Linde sounds a little generic since both are mages, but it sounds plausible still. Maybe Linde-Tharja? Navarre-Olivia should be a thing, since Olivia is obviously a reference to Phina who Navarre joins with in Mystery. Navarre-Frederick with Frederick questioning the loyalty of Navarre sounds feasible too. 

The pint is that they didn't give them a single support. They could and should have done something. We got enough Fates supports.

Oh, here's a UI change; now Topsy-Turvy (and presumably the new defense-related attribute) actually changes which stat gets highlighted on the stat display. Previously, it still highlighted Str for non-tome weapons and Mag for tomes even if they had Topsy-Turvy equipped.

9 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Oh, here's a UI change; now Topsy-Turvy (and presumably the new defense-related attribute) actually changes which stat gets highlighted on the stat display. Previously, it still highlighted Str for non-tome weapons and Mag for tomes even if they had Topsy-Turvy equipped.

Thank goodness, that soothes my OCD tic with Topsy Turvey.

12 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

The pint is that they didn't give them a single support. They could and should have done something. We got enough Fates supports.

I agree with this. Only have one or two sure, but don't completely have them void. Most of the fun of the convos is the crossover joy between games.

25 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

The fun part is that the awakening dlc characters will probably focus on fates too, Owain will have a support with Leo and Niles for sure, and Olivia with Azura because dancer and singer.

21 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Yeah I was disappointed that no one of Awakening got new supports :/ not even one, the same with Celica and the Awakening cast.

I'm really tired of Fates (between here and heroes), and ofc Awakening had more potential since it's the same world in the future. I wanted to see Robin-Linde, Cordelia-Linde, Chrom-Navarre, Frederick-Minerva, etc. Hopefully next month dlc will have something. 

About this dlc, the characters are fun even if 2 are clones and I liked the new maps and missions. 

3 minutes ago, charmedx3 said:

Yeah I was disappointed that no one of Awakening got new supports :/ not even one, the same with Celica and the Awakening cast.

I'm really tired of Fates (between here and heroes), and ofc Awakening had more potential since it's the same world in the future. I wanted to see Robin-Linde, Cordelia-Linde, Chrom-Navarre, Frederick-Minerva, etc. Hopefully next month dlc will have something. 

About this dlc, the characters are fun even if 2 are clones and I liked the new maps and missions. 

I hope Lucina gets at least one DLC support.

I like...most of them. Navarre is a Lyn that isn't Lyn so that's nice. Not the biggest fan of the wyvern moveset though.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I like...most of them. Navarre is a Lyn that isn't Lyn so that's nice. Not the biggest fan of the wyvern moveset though.

In the next one I really really hope she talks with Owain, I think she's one of the few that don't have a dlc support yet :(, I was hoping last time she would talk with Azura. 

And yeah they give us an extra option, like I prefer Minerva than Camilla. 

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Lucina will probably get one with Owain at least.

And Lyn is a Navarre who isn't Navarre.

2 minutes ago, charmedx3 said:

In the next one I really really hope she talks with Owain, I think she's one of the few that don't have a dlc support yet :(, I was hoping last time she would talk with Azura. 

And yeah they give us an extra option, like I prefer Minerva than Camilla. 

Yeah, but that one is practically a given. Was kind of hoping for more. Maybe one with Tharja of all people? Though, maybe Chrom would go better with her.

Agreed on Minerva over Camilla.

1 minute ago, Sbuscoz said:

Lucina will probably get one with Owain at least.

And Lyn is a Navarre who isn't Navarre.

So, worse Naverre?

3 minutes ago, charmedx3 said:

Cordelia-Linde

I forgot Cordelia was in this game. She and Minerva would have been nice. Minerva will train this perfectionist like a Whitewing!

Also, Linde-Celica might not have been a bad idea.

The final batch of characters will be Tharja, Olivia, and Owain. Owain will likely be Clonewain, Olivia hopefully will be original unless they Songstress her, and Tharja might be Tharobin unless they choose to make her a really dark magic oriented moveset.

8 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

Owain will have a support with Leo and Niles for sure

But he obviously should have a mommy chat, hopefully a cousin chat, maybe even a  blue haired daddy uncle chat. Owain has blue blood in him, if he weren't cursed to be a non-Lucina child in a Awakening, he would possibly have a little plot importance in the game.

Him with Chrom would be really cool, since there is a hard and fast rule in Awakening that the 1st and 2nd Gens can't support ever at all outside of parents and NahxTiki. Despite Lucina-Lon'qu being something they should have had. 

Olivia and Tharja with Owain? The latter would likely turn him into a newt, it wouldn't end well. Olivia? Owain helps her out of her shyness?

Olivia-Chrom, well they can't say who Lucina's mother is at all, but I vaguely recall Chrom-Olivia being decent as a support, and strange since its the opposite sexes and they can get married, but the CBA isn't build around the end possibility of marriage since it isn't possible with this duo. Olivia-Tharja sounds like Tharja's edge gets in the way again. Olivia-Cordelia or Lissa sounds fine though.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Though, maybe Chrom would go better with her.

Well Chrom does have to recruit her in Awakening, and they don't have to worry here at all about risking canonizing any pairing and inviting fan ire, since Tharja!Lucina is only possible with hacking in Awakening.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well Chrom does have to recruit her in Awakening, and they don't have to worry here at all about risking canonizing any pairing and inviting fan ire, since Tharja!Lucina is only possible with hacking in Awakening.

Not what I meant.

Edited by Arthur97