Shadow Dragon DLC images surface

Jedi

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Does anyone know yet which map has Marths costume and opus for exhaulted falchion? Those are my next goals after finishing A Brush in the Teeth for Caedas costume and opus.

Minerva's map has the Opus while Linde's has Marth's costume.

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Is Navarre's second sword anything of import? It doesn't look familiar, but I may simply not have seen it or forgotten it.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a Killing Edge. I can't recall, but in his profile in the game, it refers to his sword as Killing Edge.

5 minutes ago, Azz said:

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a Killing Edge. I can't recall, but in his profile in the game, it refers to his sword as Killing Edge.

I guess it somewhat resembles the sprite from SD. Seems a bit short for one though. Thanks nonetheless.

On 2/14/2018 at 3:01 PM, Lau said:

Psst, don't let it take away from the experience *nudgenudge* It's a good game, the gameplay is fun, despite the existence of the Warp Staff, and it's story is well written. It feels like a war novel. But of course, others think differently. I recommend picking it back up and giving it another shot.

You've convinced me. I'll try and find a copy of it somewhere. I do feel guilty that I never finished it and with how much I've enjoyed playing with its characters in other games it's definitely rekindled my interest in playing it through.

3 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

You've convinced me. I'll try and find a copy of it somewhere. I do feel guilty that I never finished it and with how much I've enjoyed playing with its characters in other games it's definitely rekindled my interest in playing it through.

I'm glad. I was hesitant too about playing it as the fandom considers it to be one of the worst game in the series, but I gave it a shot. It's now my second favourite FE game.

My point is...people feel differently about things.

On topic...I finally got to play Warriors myself today (happy birthday sweet Lau), and it's so good. Roll on Monday so I can get the season pass.

1 minute ago, Lau said:

On topic...I finally got to play Warriors myself today (happy birthday sweet Lau), and it's so good. Roll on Monday so I can get the season pass.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Aw you're all lovely :)

In that case...

Could you explain to me how giving orders works? I tried fiddling about with it but I didn't notice any effects, so unless I missed something, idk?

16 minutes ago, Lau said:

In that case...

Could you explain to me how giving orders works? I tried fiddling about with it but I didn't notice any effects, so unless I missed something, idk?

So basically in the menu, you can click on your units and give directions to go to places (and as of the 1.03 update give them specfics like heal). 

It works most of the time, but sometimes they like to go to the point you suggest then do their own thing, you kinda have to suggest a target, like "attack this dude" or "defend this person"

29 minutes ago, Lau said:

In that case...

A to select the character, move the cursor over, and A to order the default action (Attack this guy for an enemy unit or fort, guard this guy for a friendly unit or fort, move here for a blank space).  If you press X instead of A on the target, you get a list of extra actions (for example, the ability to heal an allied unit, or pair up).  After they've finished whatever you ordered them to do, they'll act according to the Auto-Battle rules set up for them (which can be changed at deployment in the Auto-Battle menu).

Move is generally the most useless order, because it finished immediately when the unit arrives, so they go immediately to auto-battle mode, which means you can miss them arriving if there's a huge notification log, so you have to pay attention to the map if you want to switch to them when they arrive.  Generally, as Jedi said, it's best to order them to attack or defend something.  That way they'll still be around their objective for a bit, and you can switch to them if you need whatever you ordered them to do taken care of immediately.

9 hours ago, Jedi said:

So basically in the menu, you can click on your units and give directions to go to places (and as of the 1.03 update give them specfics like heal). 

It works most of the time, but sometimes they like to go to the point you suggest then do their own thing, you kinda have to suggest a target, like "attack this dude" or "defend this person"

9 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

A to select the character, move the cursor over, and A to order the default action (Attack this guy for an enemy unit or fort, guard this guy for a friendly unit or fort, move here for a blank space).  If you press X instead of A on the target, you get a list of extra actions (for example, the ability to heal an allied unit, or pair up).  After they've finished whatever you ordered them to do, they'll act according to the Auto-Battle rules set up for them (which can be changed at deployment in the Auto-Battle menu).

Move is generally the most useless order, because it finished immediately when the unit arrives, so they go immediately to auto-battle mode, which means you can miss them arriving if there's a huge notification log, so you have to pay attention to the map if you want to switch to them when they arrive.  Generally, as Jedi said, it's best to order them to attack or defend something.  That way they'll still be around their objective for a bit, and you can switch to them if you need whatever you ordered them to do taken care of immediately.

Ah, that's easier to understand. Thank you, both of you. I'll try it out later today.

41 minutes ago, Lau said:

Ah, that's easier to understand. Thank you, both of you. I'll try it out later today.

If you need any further advice, check out our wiki, which I'm totally not shilling just because I wrote a ton of it. it documents just about everything in the game and has a section on basic gameplay if you need clarification on anything.

47 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

If you need any further advice, check out our wiki, which I'm totally not shilling just because I wrote a ton of it. it documents just about everything in the game and has a section on basic gameplay if you need clarification on anything.

Seconding this of course, you have done very well with the Wiki I must say Ano.

20 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Seconding this of course, you have done very well with the Wiki I must say Ano.

Thank you kindly.

So I've noticed something odd. NPC Linde has an attack where she simply calls down a bolt of lightning in front of her, and shouts "Thunder!".

Thunder is not one of her spells in her playable moveset; she has Thoron, but it's radically different from this attack. I wonder how this happened?

2 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Thank you kindly.

So I've noticed something odd. NPC Linde has an attack where she simply calls down a bolt of lightning in front of her, and shouts "Thunder!".

Thunder is not one of her spells in her playable moveset; she has Thoron, but it's radically different from this attack. I wonder how this happened?

I agree it is odd. What's even more odd is that she has Elfire as another attack, but it's still not part of her normal moveset. Her normal combos are better than these A.I. attacks so it's not a big deal, but it is very strange.

Might be leftovers from when they were first putting together her moveset, or felt her current moveset would be harder/weirder to dodge if the AI used it against you.

Navarre & Lyn ssssort of got a similar treatment, where one of their combos was added to their NPC counterparts and changed to be much slower