Tempest Trials: Breath of Destiny!

Vaximillian

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I just encountered a weapon-less Zelgius in the tempest. In the training tower, I ran into a Zelgius with a ruby sword.

What is up with Zelgius?

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Ah, so I wasn’t the only one who ran inot a weaponless Zelgius.  

A nice throwback to the first chapter of FE6!

IS realized how powerful Zelgius was, so they removed his weapon.

I really liked the opening dialogue! Nice job IS!

Threaten Atk - kind of cool
Fortress Res - I was not expecting this! 
Armor Boots - Will be fun to use on a mixed emblem team!

Going in with Arvis, Ninian, Lilina, and Innes. (I'm using Innes more often now, I should build him up...)

So Ninian was my only bonus unit fully built at the moment. So my initial 2 bonus runs were dragon Emblem. And boy did I mess it up. First map I left Myrrh in range of a red tome. So Myrrh got to do the rest of the maps with 1HP. Where is our Dragon stone Healer?! Then I misread an enemy stat of a lance user and end up letting Nowi take significantly more damage than I planned so she is sitting at 11HP. Reinhardt had to clean up that mess once the final map came around. B/B.

Second round went better, except Nowi got doubled by someone I didn't think could double her(apparently I can't math). Due to Fury which I forgot to unequip Myrrh was again at 1 HP at the final map. In the end I won by having a 6 HP Adult TIki kill a TA Cordelia. That said the positioning required to pull all that off cost me my speed score.

Need to spend today leveling up the LA units so that I have a 40% at level 40. Those Armor Boots. I need them. Amelia may finally get more use outside of armor emblem.

Currently at about 12,000 I think, auto-battle is truly a blessing.

Team: Ninian, Hector, Marth. I switch between Brave Roy, The New Eirika, and Micaiah for fourth place, until I finish up LA!Roy.

I'm starting off with LAyn, Black Knight, and Louise's kids. I'll sub in ELAiwood and Hector once I get the former. Ninian would be cool to complete the set, but I got two off-focus blues from the hundreds of orbs I poured into that banner.

Zelgius decided that the lack of red bonus units was so offensive that he had to protest by not fighting. Course, we're merciless assholes.

Also LaLyn can hit 54 speed in this TT. Nothing I have can match her speed, I hope that this ends up carrying over. I've had bad runs all day, though that's because LaLyn and Vector don't have much in the way of skills right now, not even their full base kit.

Gave myself a heart attack after my first run of the day when after getting A/A, I went to Lilina to have her learn some of the skills I had given her just before the run, including the big investment on Gronnblade+. They weren't there. I absolutely panicked.

Turns out I had taken my older +Atk Lilina to the TT instead. She had the Spd3 seal equipped giving her 33 speed, same as the base speed of the +Spd copy, making it so I couldn't tell them apart at a glance. It also made it all the more surprising that she being -Def somehow managed to eat a Brave Axe to the face from Raven on map 6 and survive. I also walked her into range of a red mage on map one, so yeah, it wasn't my best executed run. (In my defense I've been extremely sleep deprived all day owning to the Spurs vs Juventus match)

Anyway, took the correct one to the second Lunatic run and got the same result, she's so powerful it doesn't matter much either way even with her default tome. Klein cleans up everything that she can't. I'm kind of operating as two separate squads most maps, Lilina and Clarine clear up one side and Klein and Ninian the other. I guess I may as well ally support the former two.

Unfortunately for Klein,m I'm having trouble justifying giving him any skill inheritance whatsoever since this 5-star copy is neutral and I have a 4-star +Spd copy. The lack of a movement assist was annoying at times but he's doing okay otherwise so I'll leave him be for now.

Haven't done any autobattles yet since I devoted the rest of my stamina to cleaning up quests and daily maps.

EDIT: My sister just called to say that just like me, she got a second Lilina in her search for Hector, and just like my second one, her second is +Spd -Res. Freaky.

Edited by Humanoid

Well my +4 +atk - res Lilina on horse emblem is really good and she is doing fairly well in arena too.  I can't wait to get the armor boots seal it will be so good to use it on armor emblem and will help me train Eliwood.  I loved the intro it was so cute!  Now if only these orbs will give me Hector, this will be a perfect TT.

Well, Fortress RES is a surprise. Wonder if that means they aren't going to put it on a 4-Star any time soon...

Armored Boots I want. 1 MOV is annoying, and more ways around that are always welcome.

I'm going to run LAHector/Brave Lyn/Reinhardt/Ninian for the 3x bonus runs because Lynhardt+Dancer rarely fails me, then train up (and maybe promote) 4-Star Eliwood since I need a good Lance Armor.

Man the last few trials have had pretty god intros for the event this is probably my favorite yet, though Im probably done for the time being after grinding up for to the point threshold for enough sacred coins for Drive Def 2 and five star Dapperwood.

No 40% bonus characters for me this time, and my best 20% combat unit is a 4* Klein.  This is going to be quite the slog, at least until I can get the 5* Eliwood.  Then maybe I'll switch over to armor emblem + healer and hope for the best. 

Zeglius hides behind trees. I need 2 turns to recognize he's without a sword (can't be baited) and 2 turns to reach him. Hideous plan. 

/Edit: 16k on the first day, bed time Minerva

Edited by mampfoid

Lilina is enjoying living life in the fast lane.

Spoiler

fW8JhiJ.png?1

I just hit 11k (11,083) and have mostly been using the team pictured above. I've also tried using a team of VL!Hector, WE!Robin (M), Arden and Lachesis a couple times but found it to be not as reliable as the horse team. Xander and Camus are certainly enjoy being back in action up until they inevitably cap out on HMs again anyways.

This TT is making me realize how bulky Clarine is. For a mounted healer that is, because they’re usually really fragile, but Clarine is tanking a lot hits! I know she got boosted stats and all, but still surprising.

Edited by Water Mage

Slapped a Brave Bow+ on Roy for the tempest. Didn't expect to have a 40% bonus unit so that's nice, though my stockpile of feathers for Matthew merges is slowly dropping sadly.

I'm not going for ranking this time. Just going to get all the rewards and call it a day.

Just got to 12k and encountered a Zelgius without weapon nor assist skill, lol. My Lilina NEEDS the QR3 seal to barely do anything helpful because her -Spd nature really hurts her, I gave her Draw back and Renewal because I had a spare 3* Sully and like 4 Faes but that's the most I'm going to invest into her.

On the other hand, Klein is a beast here. Reaching 54 Atk and 42 Spd with a Brave weapon is nuts, I might give him Desperation to make his quads easier.

1 hour ago, Shiro said:

what are some fast and easy strategies to clear the trials? i find myself rushing a lot of the time as it seems repetitive

Well, the best way I've found so far is using autobattle. If you're running multiple bonus units, you can easily do Lunatic 5 or Hard 5 without too much trouble. It won't always be perfect, and sometimes the AI does stupid things. People try to bypass this by unequipping movement skills and healer weapons.

If that isn't an option, you can always try using different team compositions to keep things interesting. Unfortunately, there isn't really a way to go beyond the repetition.  I like to set myself daily goals and just push for those so I don't burn myself out too quickly. If you're just interested in the max seal rewards, I think you can get them just doing 3 runs on Lunatic a day. If you want all the rewards, you'll have to work a little harder.

Step one is to find something interesting to watch on TV or YouTube or whatever. ;) Step two is remembering to check your phone every couple of minutes while doing that.

Autobattle has been pretty easy for far this TT, about a dozen runs in and not even a single unit has died that I can remember. Helps that the entire team is bonus units of course. Just taking the exact team I use for manual fights at the moment, Lilina, weaponless Clarine, Klein and Ninian.