Tempest Trials: Breath of Destiny!

Vaximillian

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean I only just broke 50k in the last day too, and that's *with* auto-battling. Part of the reason admittedly is that I'm currently on 301 stamina potions and want to stay above 300. Well, double rewards are around the corner so I should be able to pick up the pace in this second week, see if I can get to 6000 feathers once more.

8 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I mean I only just broke 50k in the last day too, and that's *with* auto-battling. Part of the reason admittedly is that I'm currently on 301 stamina potions and want to stay above 300. Well, double rewards are around the corner so I should be able to pick up the pace in this second week, see if I can get to 6000 feathers once more.

Lucky you. I went from 80 Potions at the beginning of the month to around 39 before the tempest started. Those GHB Elite quests really drained my stores. Now I'm taking it slow with this tempest and kinda just letting them replenish. So I'm just doing the manual 7 and 5 runs with my first bar and when it fills up do auto-hard-5 during the day (team isn't strong enough for auto lunatic this time around).

I'm only just about to hit 50k so it's a slow Tempest for me this time, but as long as I hit 100k I don't really care about rank this time.

Was busy with winter sports today (not Olympic though ^^'), so no pots used (currently 228 left). Score ~110k and rank 1,273, with Clarine maxed HM and Lilina being near. 

@Zeo yeah those GHB mission cost some pots, but it was definitely worth it, best FEH entertainment so far. Usually I try to not spend pots, it's like a sanity check to not spend (way) too much time with FEH. 

I'm around 55K, which should be on pace to get all the rewards.  Placement feathers are a bonus, but I'm usually too burnt out by the end of the second week to push too hard for them.

Well I am on track for getting to 70k today, maxed HM on C!Chrom, Xander, Camus and brave Lyn and I will max out BK very soon as well so I have plenty of feathers for evil Takumi promoting this weekend.  I am just shooting for all rewards and I don't care about my rank.  After I get all rewards I can focus on the GHB quests since I have only done the ones for the blessings because of TT.

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Roflolxp54 The reward is 500 orbs? This guy doesn't even do lunatic/5, that's not very economic in sense of stamina usage. 

It's possible that the player only did Hard 4 just to get the bare minimum points needed to reach 1M cumulative and normally does Hard 5, Lunatic 5, or Lunatic 7.

I wonder if the 500 orbs for 1m points in TT is true?  If it was I would play nonstop for that many orbs.  I bet that person was joking, since it makes no sense for IS to give someone that many orbs.  That player must have a lot of free time because even with lunatic 7 every run that would take a lot of time and stamina pots.  

3 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

It's possible that the player only did Hard 4 just to get the bare minimum points needed to reach 1M cumulative and normally does Hard 5, Lunatic 5, or Lunatic 7.

Yeah, that's more likely, you're right. Anyway a crazy score. 

2 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I wonder if the 500 orbs for 1m points in TT is true?  If it was I would play nonstop for that many orbs.  I bet that person was joking, since it makes no sense for IS to give someone that many orbs.  That player must have a lot of free time because even with lunatic 7 every run that would take a lot of time and stamina pots.  

I was the first to mention this and it was a mere joke. Some people are able to save a lot of orbs and have the stamina to score 1M in TTs in the same time. If these two things are related to this person's spending behaviors, I can't tell. 

@mcsilas speaking of nice numbers, my current score has a 7 streak: 122,777

Edited by mampfoid

3 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Welp, a player actually reached 1M points in this TT!

That's....how? Is there a way to auto clear Lunatic 7 so fast to get 1 million points in 1 week? Also how many stamina pots have they used, at that point I wouldn't be surprised if they used orbs for stamina.....

Anyways, I'm at 75k right now, will end the day at 80k to keep the 10k a day train going.

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

That's....how? Is there a way to auto clear Lunatic 7 so fast to get 1 million points in 1 week? Also how many stamina pots have they used, at that point I wouldn't be surprised if they used orbs for stamina.....

Anyways, I'm at 75k right now, will end the day at 80k to keep the 10k a day train going.

It looks like someone has way too much free time. What’s even the point of going as far as 1 million points? I’m barely over 30k and I’m already burned out. No feather amount is worth that much effort. Looking at that person’s feather amount, it looks like that person is desperate for feathers. 

29 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

It looks like someone has way too much free time. What’s even the point of going as far as 1 million points? I’m barely over 30k and I’m already burned out. No feather amount is worth that much effort. Looking at that person’s feather amount, it looks like that person is desperate for feathers. 

True, I just noticed that their LA!Roy and LA!Hector are unmerged so they're either collectors who want every character at 5* or they're not a whale (which would make the orbs very suspicious). 

Agreed, going that far is completely unnecessary but more power to them if they enjoy it. I know I wouldn't.

Still, I find extremely hard to believe that someone is able to score 1 million points in 1 week even with auto battle, like is there a way to make the game play itself that fast? At least for me auto battling Lunatic 5 takes between 3-5 minutes per run depending on the enemies with every animation turned off so I can't see a way to score ~150k per day unless they're playing non-stop for like 15 hours which is insane!

5 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

True, I just noticed that their LA!Roy and LA!Hector are unmerged so they're either collectors who want every character at 5* or they're not a whale (which would make the orbs very suspicious). 

Agreed, going that far is completely unnecessary but more power to them if they enjoy it. I know I wouldn't.

Still, I find extremely hard to believe that someone is able to score 1 million points in 1 week even with auto battle, like is there a way to make the game play itself that fast? At least for me auto battling Lunatic 5 takes between 3-5 minutes per run depending on the enemies with every animation turned off so I can't see a way to score ~150k per day unless they're playing non-stop for like 15 hours which is insane!

Probably could just script it with AutoHotKey or something similar - I assume it would be trivial to implement if playing on an emulator, not sure what the equivalent would be if running natively on Android/iOS but it should be possible too. It would also explain why they're on Hard25 instead of Hard30 - even my full team of bonus units has wiped a couple times on Hard30 so if you want the script to run unattended for a whole day you want to ensure there are no hitches.

Edited by Humanoid

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Probably could just script it with AutoHotKey or something similar. It would also explain why they're on Hard25 instead of Hard30 - even my full team of bonus units has wiped a couple times on Hard30 so if you want the script to run unattended for a whole day you want to ensure there are no hitches.

That sounds more reasonable. Even then, the Stamina pot cost would be somewhere in the 4xx if my calculations are right but there's no way someone has that many unless they've hoarded them since the beginning of the game or something. So the only logical conclusion is that person is a whale (the collector kind if I had to guess) and is running a script while they leave their phone plugged in while they do other stuff during the day.

...That's still a lot of effort for 10k feathers.

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

That sounds more reasonable. Even then, the Stamina pot cost would be somewhere in the 4xx if my calculations are right but there's no way someone has that many unless they've hoarded them since the beginning of the game or something. So the only logical conclusion is that person is a whale (the collector kind if I had to guess) and is running a script while they leave their phone plugged in while they do other stuff during the day.

Yeah, more reasonable. Looking at the orb amount, I’d say the person is a whale and used orbs to keep going. 

9 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

It's everybody stopping at 100k this time? 152k is good for rank 677 currently. 

Personally, my interest in a Tempest tends to fall off a cliff after I finish shaking it down for every last orb it's worth. After that point, I just do the daily quests and little, if nothing, more than that. I passed that point a couple days ago.

On 2/22/2018 at 3:21 AM, Alexmender said:

I wouldn't say it's that unheard of to have that many stamina pots. I have 430 currently, since I only use them when I'm really in the mood for the game or there's a lot going on. I do use them, though... although off and on depending on how I feel... 

That being said, I would never blow them all in one go, and not for something like this ^.^