Blessed Gardens Mode

Water Mage

So apparently that thing on the upper left of the battle screen is a new mode that only Legendary units and blessed units can participate that starts on March. What will it be about? 

And more reasons to vote for Legendary Ike it seems.

Edited by Water Mage

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Upper left of the battle screen? You mean the Tempest Trials?

The battle screen was rearranged in the latest update. Tempest is now grouped together with Voting Gauntlet and Tap Battle in the lower right corner, while the new mode sits where Tempest used to me.

~~~

As for the mode itself, I suppose this is them trying to further push people to pull for Legendary Heroes, and perhaps to get people to use their blessings instead of hoarding them indecisively. I'm curious to see whether the mode is actually anything special, or if it's just battles with a restricted party. Either way, I should probably go ahead and figure out who on my horse team gets the Wind Blessing, so I can have a team of 4 when the mode launches.

1 minute ago, C. Turtle said:

The battle screen was rearranged in the latest update. Tempest is now grouped together with Voting Gauntlet and Tap Battle in the lower right corner, while the new mode sits where Tempest used to me.

Ah, hadn't updated. My bad.

Though, I have two heroes that fit the bill for this. The prospects are not great. Fortunately I have five water blessings.

The special training maps releasing soon will provide a blessing as one of the rewards for first time clear. And since the map changes every day in a 5 day rotation, I suppose this means we can expect 5 blessings total if we presume just one is given out per map. Each map has five difficulty options, thus five rewards.

What I want to know is this: Can you have multiple of a legendary hero participate? Because all of those units are extremely competent. If I get my hands on a second Fjorm or Guunthra then they'll all find work.

Edited by Glennstavos

Well, this aught to be interesting, so far I've had the misfortune to be graced by the presence of every legendary hero (I'm ok with ike though) so I've got a few blessings sitting around just waiting to be used, I love it when IS goes out of their way to try and force me to use units I couldn't give less of a crap about.

Interesting...I guess I'm kinda ok with that. After all the units I have with Water Blessings are Airzura and Lucina. They pair pretty nicely with Fjorm, and if they give another blessing I guess can give it to B!Lyn or Ayra depending on what the mode requires.

Still, if they're trying to make the blessing system more enticing they need to give a ton of them first because as it is, the majority isn't going to even bother using the 2-3 blessings they have.

6 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I did. Atk/Def Bond 3 on Laslow. No regrets but sucks that I'm going to miss out on a couple orbs.

Currently my blessings are on Soupkumi, Bride Caeda, and Laslow so I guess I'm going in with them.

Personally I think giving out such quests is unfair to people who don't care for fjorm, especially because you can fodder her off for some pretty decent skills which would only tempt you to do so, alphonse wouldn't have made it past the first hour after SI was introduced if that was the case.

This will be interesting. I have all 3 Legendary Heroes ready to go, and hopefully I'll have whatever new Legendary Hero releases between now and the opening of the mode.

I haven't put any Blessings on anyone though. I'll hold off a bit on that until I learn the details of the new mode.

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

The special training maps releasing soon will provide a blessing as one of the rewards for first time clear. And since the map changes every day in a 5 day rotation, I suppose this means we can expect 5 blessings total if we presume just one is given out per map. Each map has five difficulty options, thus five rewards.

What I want to know is this: Can you have multiple of a legendary hero participate? Because all of those units are extremely competent. If I get my hands on a second Fjorm or Guunthra then they'll all find work.

Are you just inferring that from the news post or is there another source for that? Sounds a bit optimistic to me to expect five blessings, especially since there are only three types of blessing even available. Half expecting it might be the top level reward for just one of the maps, although it does say "blessings" plural. Hoping we get at least one of each type I guess, but then again the translations are notoriously unreliable.

My expectation would be more like a Water Blessing for the top level "The Workout" clear, and the other top level clears would just be the usual stuff like three stamina potions, three Light's Blessings, one orb, etc. At least this would allow people who have just the free Fjorm to field a full Fjorm-blessed team.

6 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Are you just inferring that from the news post or is there another source for that? Sounds a bit optimistic to me to expect five blessings, especially since there are only three types of blessing even available. Half expecting it might be the top level reward for just one of the maps, although it does say "blessings" plural. Hoping we get at least one of each type I guess, but then again the translations are notoriously unreliable.

My expectation would be more like a Water Blessing for the top level "The Workout" clear, and the other top level clears would just be the usual stuff like three stamina potions, three Light's Blessings, one orb, etc. At least this would allow people who have just the free Fjorm to field a full Fjorm-blessed team.

Lol, it's hard to see 5 blessings as "too optimistic" on the same day we learn we're getting a TT reward unit with the highest BST in the game. But you're right, the most conservative estimate is two blessings because of the plural form. Anyway, I wanted to bring this up since the primary discussion is how few blessings a player may have access to and how often people don't read notifications as fully as they read datamine threads.

While I was lucky to get all 3 legendary heroes (didn't aim for them on their banners), I'm not very happy with this legendary+blessings restriction on the new mode. 

It was another thing if blessings where not permanent, but i.e. could be changed only once a month. 

Without knowing what it's all about we only know about the restrictions, which aren't great. If I can use my blessed characters without legendary hero, then it's kinda fine. I have a well-balanced team of blessed units, but still, this seems rather unfun at first glance.

At this point I have to ask: Why even bother with the voting for the free unit? This will push even more people towards shiny new Ike (that I still don't want, not even for fodder). Is it for the illusion of choice that would make a lot of people happy? Sigh, whatever. Not like it matters anymore.

FTP players are currently able to field a team with Fjorm, the free water blessing, the TT water blessing and the TT wind blessing. We're probably getting VIke as well (IS all but demanded we vote for him). I'm wondering how limiting player choices is going to enhance the mode. Unless you whale or get lucky on Legendary banners, you will be forced to pick a favorite team and only use that team. I thought the Blessing system was already clunky and exclusive. I'll wait and see but this seems like a further step down the wrong path.

Edited by NekoKnight

Well, I hope this ends like that or I'd have to waste my 2nd Water Blessing and mi Wind Blessing in BK and C!Robin. I really don't mind giving one of them the Water Blessing (I used them 2 and Water Blessed Hector in Arena, and Fjorm is a bonus unit sometimes), but the Wind Blessing? That would be even counter productive if I even manage to get a second Fjorm, as if I'm not wrong, I don't think you can give 2 or more Blessing to a unit, so that way I won't be able to put a Water Blessing on him later :/

Got Fjorn  (of course XD), and Gunnthra. Got two of their blessings, so I should see who to give them to soon. Sure I'll get VIke as well, but I want a Gunnthra with decent IVs, mine cane with +def/-spd :dry:

Hopefully the rewards are at least fixed and not time-limited so we can tackle it when we're ready like Squad Assaults and Chain Challenges. Making time-limited rewards for it when many people won't have a good enough team prepared for it would be the absolute worst.

Honestly I don't think it's P2W like some people are claiming, they have been slowly providing free blessings (of which, we know the rhythm mode will give out some, too) and I assume you can take the units without the legendary hero as well (eg. I can deploy wind units, despite never pulling Gunnthra). Even new players will be able to sport a full team once V!Ike is given out for free, consisting of Fjorm & Ally and V!Ike & Ally.  

I doubt they'd make the content harder than the likes of Celica or Ike's CC considering the limitations and by the off-chance it does include hard content, well it's something that can be worked towards in the future. This game does desperately require more challenging content.

I prefer if they are permanent content with no time-limitations, however as @Humanoid pointed out. 

The mode will appear next month. And I guess they will spare some Blessings until then. And don't forget that the mode itself will grant us some blessings.
Maybe the mode will give us a legendary hero, who knows.. 

I'm pretty confident as a F2P one. At least I had enough luck to draw Gunnthra.