Blessed Gardens Mode

Water Mage

42 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

My current problems with the blessings are:

• I don't have the Legendary Hero (Gunnthra and VaIke)1000?cb=20160428055839
  • Blessings are permanent, so I have to build a team around that Legendary Hero and their blessing.
  • Blessings aren't always active. I have to wait for the right season.
    • One affinity is the main for the month, so that is the best time to use the team, but if it is not the main affinity, then it takes 2-3 weeks to rotate back.

I think the blessings overall are a great concept to boost the stats of your heroes. I want a second summoner support, so this is the closest I think IS will give us.

It will be nice to get more blessings, but without the Legendary Heroes, they have no effect. 

I may just put them on some of my best (Lucina and Male Robin for example) just to use them here with little concern for the actual effect.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling that I won't like this mode. Just a hunch.

At least the units I gave blessings to, I really enjoy using, and they mesh well together because they're all on my Arena team. Hopefully this mode is good, I have slim hopes that this mode will somehow involve friends, I really want a mode where you can really use your friends' units, instead of VG, where you can barely use them.

56 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

We need an axe equivalent of Sieglinde and Siegmund so I can make three pairs of Blademage + buffbot combos and assign each pair a blessing. Urdr is sorta close but not really.

Yes please. Whoever gets Garm to keep the SS theme going. 

I haven't pulled any legendary heroes, so I only have the free blessings.

Considering their main draw is the extra sp for me, since I don't have the corresponding heroes past Fjorm, I was saving them up a bit to decide the heroes I was struggling to get sp on...

Now, I'm mostly likely going to have to put blessings on Reinhardt and Xander, who do not need the extra sp in the slightest.

Currently, I've only used one blessing - water on Joshua, since I decided to support him with Fjorm. I'm not unhappy with this decision but hoping it won't come back to bite me. Guessing I'm going to have to get blessings up for all types of teams - Infantry, Armour, Flying and Cavalry. Hoarding my blessings now, until I know more.

18 hours ago, Humanoid said:

We need an axe equivalent of Sieglinde and Siegmund so I can make three pairs of Blademage + buffbot combos and assign each pair a blessing. Urdr is sorta close but not really.

What's wrong with Urðr? 

How would you build the pairs (or trios with legendary)? 

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

What's wrong with Urðr? 

How would you build the pairs (or trios with legendary)? 

It doesn't apply the buff at the start of the turn, making it much less convenient to use.

But regardless, my thinking would be something like:

Fjorm - Eirika - Nino
Ike - Ephraim - Tharja
Fire Hero - Axe Buffer - Tailtiu

I'll probably go ahead and build that first set regardless, my current water heroes are Olivia and Bridelia, and we'll have 5 water blessings at the end of the anniversary stuff, so I'll add Eirika and Nino who are of course already S-supported, and maybe someone like Dorcas.

Likewise when we get the free beefcake Ike, I'll add Ephraim and Tharja who are likewise S-supported. Fourth slot would be perfect for someone like neo-Raven but mine sadly isn't good enough to promote. Inigo probably takes it.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

It doesn't apply the buff at the start of the turn, making it much less convenient to use.

But regardless, my thinking would be something like:

Fjorm - Eirika - Nino
Ike - Ephraim - Tharja
Fire Hero - Axe Buffer - Tailtiu

I'll probably go ahead and build that first set regardless, my current water heroes are Olivia and Bridelia, and we'll have 5 water blessings at the end of the anniversary stuff, so I'll add Eirika and Nino who are of course already S-supported, and maybe someone like Dorcas.

Likewise when we get the free beefcake Ike, I'll add Ephraim and Tharja who are likewise S-supported. Fourth slot would be perfect for someone like neo-Raven but mine sadly isn't good enough to promote. Inigo probably takes it.

Sounds like a good plan to always have Bladetomes buffed, even if it's mostly infantry. I'd like to make mixed teams, to have always one flier and one Cav on the team. 

Also I would like to give each of my arena core members (BH!Roy, Cherche, Cordelia) a different blessing and integrate them into the blessing teams. This way I could profit most of the times from blessings if legendary Heroes are bonus units. 

Roy would go with Fjorm plus a green flyer (Airzura, Minerva, S!Camilla, Myrrh).

Cherche with Ike plus a blue Cav (Reinhardt, Ursula, Camus, Oscar)

Cordelia with Gunnthra plus a red non-armor (Elincia, Siegbert, Alm, Olivia, Celica, Sigurd, Nowi). 

The blessings are fine IMO, but I can see how they rub some people the wrong way.  Many players, from reading this thread and others, worry about maximizing the potential of these items.  Thus their permanence becomes a source of anxiety.

Personally, I don’t bother to build around the blessings.  I have all the Legendary Heroes, but I still don’t bother to consider the boost.  I use Fjorm, Gunnthra, and L!Ike when they make sense for the content.  The tiny boost offered by the blessing isn’t make or break.

As for the video game player who hoards all their resources, if you never use the stuff it’s no different than not having it at all.  So you might as well enjoy them.  Even the permanent double SP is enough reason IMO to use them more liberally.

@kcirrot As one who hoards I think there is an important distinction between eventually use and never use.  I can't tell you how many times I used something up in heroes and only a week later GREATLY regret doing so. Joshua is one such example. A number of units of mine want to play with windsweep but I ended up burning his spare on something else. Mostly because I forgot he had windsweep.

But with blessings I kinda do need to get a bit more liberal with them. I am still in the only get/have one mode with them, whereas IS has been sprinkling them around decently well.

32 minutes ago, Usana said:

@kcirrot As one who hoards I think there is an important distinction between eventually use and never use.  I can't tell you how many times I used something up in heroes and only a week later GREATLY regret doing so. Joshua is one such example. A number of units of mine want to play with windsweep but I ended up burning his spare on something else. Mostly because I forgot he had windsweep.

But with blessings I kinda do need to get a bit more liberal with them. I am still in the only get/have one mode with them, whereas IS has been sprinkling them around decently well.

I kinda felt the same when Myrrh came out.  I gave my last distant counter to Fae so I could abuse her Light Breath buffs, even though she had Lightning Breath.  Myrrh obviously wants to use her personal weapon so DC is more important for her.  

But, you know, the regret didn’t last long.   Another Hector may come along and there will always be new units you wish you had saved your fodder for.

7 hours ago, kcirrot said:

The blessings are fine IMO, but I can see how they rub some people the wrong way.  Many players, from reading this thread and others, worry about maximizing the potential of these items.  Thus their permanence becomes a source of anxiety.

Personally, I don’t bother to build around the blessings.  I have all the Legendary Heroes, but I still don’t bother to consider the boost.  I use Fjorm, Gunnthra, and L!Ike when they make sense for the content.  The tiny boost offered by the blessing isn’t make or break.

As for the video game player who hoards all their resources, if you never use the stuff it’s no different than not having it at all.  So you might as well enjoy them.  Even the permanent double SP is enough reason IMO to use them more liberally.

I agree with this, though I will say that the only blessing that is good is fjorm's +3 spd, the fact that seasons exist really hurts the blessings because there is no use for them if you need that +3 speed to get through arena or any GHB you are not going to get anywhere when the blessing is off season, it's better to focus on permanency and more reliable units, I also just don't use any of the legendary heroes, I've gotten all of them but feel no desire to use them so for reason that all my blessings have been sitting in my storage closet unused.

Speaking of game updates invalidating you. That heavy blade seal came out mere DAYS after I killed an Ike to give Heavy Blade to Soliel. Boy was that a . . . damn it . . . moment. That said I wasn't including game invalidations there. Mostly I got a lot of units with a lot of different builds waiting for stuff and it is easy for me to forget what I have and want to build. So in the Windsweep example I had units waiting for windsweep but went and used Joshua for something else. I had simply forgotten that he had windsweep and that I wanted windsweep. The longer I keep something sitting around, in general, the less likely I am to blow it on accident without considering what else might possibly want it. Example. I don't regret giving my Amelia DC. I sat on a Hector for over a month before I gave it to her over the others desiring it. I am currently doing the same to Myrrh and a Hector Pity Breaker I got while going for her. Yeah she wants it, but so do MANY others. It'll likely be a week or two before I actually use him, if not longer, but eventually he'll get devoured by some other hungry hero. Eventually.

Of course there are times I end up forgetting that I was thinking about using a resource and it sits there forgetting never to see the light of day outside the hoard. Oops. Well such are the dangers of hoarding.

@thecrimsonflash Yeah that is another reason I am indecisive on blessings. They only work in conjunction with the hero and I just don't use Fjorm much. Nor Gunthra. Ike may be the first one I use with any regularity. Breath A skills do like having built in DC. But we'll have to wait and see. In a week or a month or some such maybe I'll know how or if I am using him and who I want to use him with. I don't know how I missed that bit of kcirrot's post, but I did until you brought it up.

Edited by Usana

I am somewhat set if you can only use legendary heroes and those who are blessed. Gunnthra, Fjorm, Alphonse (water blessed), Ike (Water Blessed), and Black Knight (Water Blessed). The first two blessed were due to me not thinking. Black Knight is because he is a regular for my arena team. Brave Lyn is about the become one of the wind blessed from my 4 wind blessing due to being used with Gunnthra often. 

Do we know that this is what this game mode is about? Or are we just speculating?

2 hours ago, Poimagic said:

I am somewhat set if you can only use legendary heroes and those who are blessed. Gunnthra, Fjorm, Alphonse (water blessed), Ike (Water Blessed), and Black Knight (Water Blessed). The first two blessed were due to me not thinking. Black Knight is because he is a regular for my arena team. Brave Lyn is about the become one of the wind blessed from my 4 wind blessing due to being used with Gunnthra often. 

Do we know that this is what this game mode is about? Or are we just speculating?

We know nothing beyond it’s a game mode in the upper left corner of the battle screen, it’s coming sometime in March via another update, and only Legendary heroes or heroes who have been conferred blessings onto them can partake in the Mode, unless more news on this has dropped since the ingame announcement

I think people are underestimating this new mode.  They could have very easily just made it an event and thrown it in the events tab with everything else but they're not.  So I think it's going to be something we'll be regularly doing for the rest of this game's lifetime.  Sounds like raids to me.

I don't give a single crap about any of the OC characters in Heroes, so having to use Fjorm/Gunnthra and their blessings for a better arena score is already annoying to me. Naturally I'm not very excited about this new mode either but I'll give it a fair chance once it gets released.

That being said, if they keep making more Legendary Heroes based off of actual Fire Emblem characters like with Vanguard Ike then it will be less of an issue.

Edited by Sproutling

I am fine with it for now. Fjorm is free and solid unit. So will be VIke. I also got Gunnthra not long ago and she is incredible.

I was also pretty cheapskate with blessings, so building team around them sound pretty feasible.

Edited by Tenzen12

33 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Does anyone remember what the FEH channel said about this mode to be started? 

Sometime in March, though it wasn't the FEH channel, wasn't it in the announcements? I can't be certain anymore, the info is scattered somewhere, but it is probably in the long version of the upate version announcement.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

3 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Sometime in March, though it wasn't the FEH channel, wasn't it in the announcements? I can't be certain anymore, the info is scattered somewhere, but it is probably in the long version of the upate version announcement.

Ok, thanks. I checked the event schedule, but there wasn't anything about this event. 

On 2/10/2018 at 11:57 AM, thecrimsonflash said:

I agree with this, though I will say that the only blessing that is good is fjorm's +3 spd, the fact that seasons exist really hurts the blessings because there is no use for them if you need that +3 speed to get through arena or any GHB you are not going to get anywhere when the blessing is off season, it's better to focus on permanency and more reliable units, I also just don't use any of the legendary heroes, I've gotten all of them but feel no desire to use them so for reason that all my blessings have been sitting in my storage closet unused.

Only issue with going by the buff is that its decided by the Legendary hero. A new Green unit that goes better with your team might come out that buffs +Spd to units with the Wind Blessing. If the buff was based off color and not the hero, choosing which to use would be much easier.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Ok, thanks. I checked the event schedule, but there wasn't anything about this event. 

Yeah, besides the one announcement (and now I've checked: definitely mentions an update in March and the legendary/blessed unit restriction) it hasn't been elaborated on when and what it is.