How to play FEH on PC (Windows only)

mental_offence

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@mental_offence I don't think this makes your Ova's obsolete, I wouldn't use a rooted version of FEH for example. 

All my previous ovas and this microG ova are based on fgov2.ova, which somehow lets some apps (like FEH, and previously FGO) bypass safetynet checks. Also microG prevents any safetynet checks in the first place, since no original google services are being present.
This way FEH can't detect anything - the game won't know if you have root or you are playing on emulator. I'd even say that microG ova is safer to use than older ovas, since even disabled google services could collect some sort of data for FEH and it could potentially, although unlikely result in ban (I still remember 2017 april ban wave, though no bans occured ever since).

24 minutes ago, mental_offence said:

All my previous ovas and this microG ova are based on fgov2.ova, which somehow lets some apps (like FEH, and previously FGO) bypass safetynet checks. Also microG prevents any safetynet checks in the first place, since no original google services are being present.
This way FEH can't detect anything - the game won't know if you have root or you are playing on emulator. I'd even say that microG ova is safer to use than older ovas, since even disabled google services could collect some sort of data for FEH and it could potentially, although unlikely result in ban (I still remember 2017 april ban wave, though no bans occured ever since).

Uh, there has been a ban wave? I wasn't aware of that.

Do you know if there are interesting changes in the new user policy? 

I wouldn't throw out the older .ovas if it can be helped. If they still work with FEH, they are worth keeping in case something stupid happens to the microG version. Not everyone's computer is capable of running MEmu well either (as I've seen in this very thread), which may have been made either better or worse with the newer version.

But hey, progress is progress! I will definitely try out microG MEmu in the near future.

Edited by Some Jerk

Memu 2.9.6 with microG image

shop now works, no google messages on start

volume buttons on the emulator right panel now works

deleted memu launcner with ad and installed nova launcher

stuttering audio when i downloading game data, all ok after that

Edited by Warsteiner

Hello,

Good thing for this update, thanks very much, it looks interesting and promising, downloading atm, will try soon.

It comes at a great time since my OVA seems to have been "patched" (error 803 ....) today

Edit : It works wonders and without any error messages as intended, thank you so much for sharing this :)

Edited by kratosangel

I've been using mutant.ova for about 2 weeks and I wanted to try out mircog due to the apparent benefits. However when trying to import microg in multi-memu it gets stuck at 99% (importing). I've already verified that I can still import brand new instances of mutant.ova but I can't find any way to solve the problem regarding mircog.

It's very unusual to me, because regradless of whether it matters overall, the microg file (350MB) is almost 9 times smaller than mutant.ova (2.9GB). When attempting to import microg it tends to reach 99 much faster than it takes to import mutant.ova, but its meaningless since it gets stuck while importing. I have definitely waited longer while attempting to import it than it takes to import a new instance of mutant.ova.

Edited by geoxx

10 hours ago, geoxx said:

I've been using mutant.ova for about 2 weeks and I wanted to try out mircog due to the apparent benefits. However when trying to import microg in multi-memu it gets stuck at 99% (importing). I've already verified that I can still import brand new instances of mutant.ova but I can't find any way to solve the problem regarding mircog.

It's very unusual to me, because regradless of whether it matters overall, the microg file (350MB) is almost 9 times smaller than mutant.ova (2.9GB). When attempting to import microg it tends to reach 99 much faster than it takes to import mutant.ova, but its meaningless since it gets stuck while importing. I have definitely waited longer while attempting to import it than it takes to import a new instance of mutant.ova.

You should uninstall MEmu fully, reinstall it, install lollipop addon and try again.
If it still won't work - try 2.9.6.1 version of MEmu instead of newer one.
If none of these work - instead of using mutant.ova try this FEH2.4.ova, which is basically the same thing (no root, disabled google apps), but not that oversized.

This MicroG OVA is also acting a bit weird for me. Oddly enough, it causes 90% of the time Windows to stop Aero for some reason ...

Before, I was able to open a Nox with FFRK, Memu with Mental Offence FEH OVA plus a game at the same time, so not a problem with my gpu ...

Not that big a problem but still might be something that could cause more problem to someone else ?

2 hours ago, kratosangel said:

This MicroG OVA is also acting a bit weird for me. Oddly enough, it causes 90% of the time Windows to stop Aero for some reason ...

Before, I was able to open a Nox with FFRK, Memu with Mental Offence FEH OVA plus a game at the same time, so not a problem with my gpu ...

Not that big a problem but still might be something that could cause more problem to someone else ?

This probably happens because number of cpus is set to 4 and ram to 4096 in memu settings. Lowering those settings should help.

4 hours ago, qOwOp said:

What are the best settings, and should I be stopping other high intensity computer usage?

Mine's running strangely every combination ive tried so far and its getting really annoying

1 cpu core and 1024 ram should prevent any problems since FEH doesn't really need more than that, though you'll have some minor short freezes every then and now.

2 cpu cores should make FEH lagless, but it will cause overall reduced performance on any pc.

5 hours ago, mental_offence said:

1 cpu core and 1024 ram should prevent any problems since FEH doesn't really need more than that, though you'll have some minor short freezes every then and now.

2 cpu cores should make FEH lagless, but it will cause overall reduced performance on any pc.

I've tried both but its really slow and stuttering.

Is this maybe a graphics issue? I only have a intel 520.

Edited by qOwOp

3 hours ago, qOwOp said:

I've tried both but its really slow and stuttering.

Is this maybe a graphics issue? I only have a intel 520.

Well, I've been playing FEH for a while on a crappy laptop with intel hd graphics 2500, and it worked fine, although most of the time MEmu and browser were the only opened programs.

That being said, MEmu's performance does indeed depends on graphics card, so MEmu will obviously work a little slower if no discrete videocard is being present.

I just realize while looking at my task manager, memu only uses cpu, mostly leaves gpu alone. wtf.

Anyone know if theres a way to force it to run off gpu, or if it's advisable to do so?

Edited by qOwOp

Using Feh2.4.ova has completely stopped any error annoyance, but I still find i get crashes a lot. Sometimes it can go uninterrupted for hours, but sometimes i cant even stay open for 5 minutes. I found it usually happens when entering a stage or returning to stage select after finishing a stage. I have tried running in 1/1024 for some time. But for now im going to try 1/512. I wont lie, i am using a 5+ year old laptop, but i can surely still run a big game like dota 2.

On 03/05/2018 at 11:26 AM, mental_offence said:

Well I did change mine to 2 CPU and 1024 RAM but it still disables Windows Aero from time to time, that's weird since I used to use your OVA with 2 cores and 2048 without it ever happening.

Maybe it's the compatible mode (Open GL) ? Should I switch to performance mode ? Don't really think so but don't know at this point.

Hey,

thank you for the detailed guide! I tried the new OVA and whenever I try to link my Nintendo account I get the error message: "Failed to link to the Nintendo Account. Please try again. If you have multiple apps open, please close all apps before trying again."

I didn't have this issue with the previous Feh2.4 OVA. I also didn't have multiple apps open, just feh and chrome. Do you have any ideas as to what I could do? 

Is anyone else having trouble with chinese BS after Windows 10 version 1803 update? now it won't load properly with the compatibility settings, only with performance mode. Can someone confirm. I've been using it since last year using Ninferno's method now it's not working. Please help if you can.

11 hours ago, geoxx said:

Using Feh2.4.ova has completely stopped any error annoyance, but I still find i get crashes a lot. Sometimes it can go uninterrupted for hours, but sometimes i cant even stay open for 5 minutes. I found it usually happens when entering a stage or returning to stage select after finishing a stage. I have tried running in 1/1024 for some time. But for now im going to try 1/512. I wont lie, i am using a 5+ year old laptop, but i can surely still run a big game like dota 2.

6 hours ago, kratosangel said:

Well I did change mine to 2 CPU and 1024 RAM but it still disables Windows Aero from time to time, that's weird since I used to use your OVA with 2 cores and 2048 without it ever happening.

Maybe it's the compatible mode (Open GL) ? Should I switch to performance mode ? Don't really think so but don't know at this point.

While I don't know solution for your problems, I know that MEmu is based on VirtualBox, so you could try searching for similar problems regarding VirtualBox and probably find some proper answers.
Also, @kratosangel, directx performance mode doesn't work with edited ovas, so it won't help.

3 hours ago, MadoScientistu said:

Hey,

thank you for the detailed guide! I tried the new OVA and whenever I try to link my Nintendo account I get the error message: "Failed to link to the Nintendo Account. Please try again. If you have multiple apps open, please close all apps before trying again."

I didn't have this issue with the previous Feh2.4 OVA. I also didn't have multiple apps open, just feh and chrome. Do you have any ideas as to what I could do? 

Try to link nintendo account with another browser, though don't use "mini" browsers.

Edited by mental_offence

16 hours ago, mental_offence said:

While I don't know solution for your problems, I know that MEmu is based on VirtualBox, so you could try searching for similar problems regarding VirtualBox and probably find some proper answers.
Also, @kratosangel, directx performance mode doesn't work with edited ovas, so it won't help.

Humm ok too bad. The strangest part is that Aero gets off when I start the launcher and not upon starting FEH