How to play FEH on PC (Windows only)

mental_offence

Hi,
I've tried the 2.1 method, which is using the Chinese Bluestacks. I did all the steps, disabled all Google Apps. FEH runs fine, but still the 803-3001 error pops up every 20 mins. Is there anything I could be missing?
Edit : Nevermind. I reinstalled the game and it runs just fine now. No idea why.

Edited by MochteAK47

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, j0nneee said:

Hey! I downloaded the "MicroG-blank.ova" and when I tried to run it in Memu-lollipop, it said failed to import. Any help?

This solved for me: "try checking if there are non-latin letters in path to Memu folder and location of .ova file."

18 minutes ago, kenjt said:

there's a new version of FE and it requires us to update google play services? should I wait for apk?

I also encountered this even though I am using microG MEmu. Is it safe to update Google Play Services on the microG version, or will bad things happen to FEH if I do that?

18 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

I also encountered this even though I am using microG MEmu. Is it safe to update Google Play Services on the microG version, or will bad things happen to FEH if I do that?

Found an uncomfortable workaround for this.

1. Open FEH

2. Click update, it will fail

3. Swap apps to FEH

4a. If still ask for update, go back to 2

4b Enjoy!

4 minutes ago, castsaku said:

Found an uncomfortable workaround for this.

1. Open FEH

2. Click update, it will fail

3. Swap apps to FEH

4a. If still ask for update, go back to 2

4b Enjoy!

Worked for me with a couple of tries. Thanks!

To fix "update google services" error on memu and bluestacks with microg you have to download newest microg services core and install it.
New ova with updated microg services core is available in the topic.

Anyway, since new update is out, microG users have to update their game via Play Store.

To play on Bluestacks with disabled google apps you'll need to download new apk and install it.

Edited by mental_offence

Hey o/
I installed the update for FEH, I get that I need to update microG.

But how do I update it? I can import it again, but it create another emulator I have to setup everything again (resolution, games etc), is there a way to update the one I was using before?

17 minutes ago, Vick said:

Hey o/
I installed the update for FEH, I get that I need to update microG.

But how do I update it? I can import it again, but it create another emulator I have to setup everything again (resolution, games etc), is there a way to update the one I was using before?

Download newest microg services core and install it on your existing ova.

8 hours ago, mental_offence said:

To fix "update google services" error on memu and bluestacks with microg you have to download newest microg services core and install it.
New ova with updated microg services core is available in the topic.

Anyway, since new update is out, microG users have to update their game via Play Store.

To play on Bluestacks with disabled google apps you'll need to download new apk and install it.

Pulled in the new microG core and it worked, thanks!

Thanks. But how exactly do I update a microG core on my existing ova? I guess it should be obvious, but I'm a bit stupid. Can't seem to find such option in memu. Should I open .vmdk's and extract that core there? Or something like that. I don't know. Please help.

28 minutes ago, kaizoku said:

Thanks. But how exactly do I update a microG core on my existing ova? I guess it should be obvious, but I'm a bit stupid. Can't seem to find such option in memu. Should I open .vmdk's and extract that core there? Or something like that. I don't know. Please help.

You just install it by using "Install App" option (apk icon on the right side of memu).

1 hour ago, mental_offence said:

You just install it by using "Install App" option (apk icon on the right side of memu).

It was in .zip. So I thought, that there should be a different method. I just changed it to .apk and it worked. Thank you.

1 hour ago, kaizoku said:

It was in .zip. So I thought, that there should be a different method. I just changed it to .apk and it worked. Thank you.

I believe newer versions of Windows 10 automatically change .apk extension to .zip if there're no other archiver utilities installed. Atleast the same thing happened to me on fresh installed Windows 10 when I downloaded some apks before installing WinRAR.

Maybe I'm overlooking something completely, but I haven't been able to figure out how to unfreeze google play apps for purchasing orbs. Is there anything I have to install aside from following the guide?

52 minutes ago, Reapz said:

Maybe I'm overlooking something completely, but I haven't been able to figure out how to unfreeze google play apps for purchasing orbs. Is there anything I have to install aside from following the guide?

If you're using memu or bluestacks with microg - you don't need to do anything else, just sign in using your google account.

If you're using bluestacks with disabled gapps - you'll have to go to settings and enable all apps in disabled tab and you'll be able to sign in after that. However, this will lead to 803-3001 error in FEH.

Edited by mental_offence

Just giving a heads-up for a small issue I encountered: I can buy most things from the Shop in microG MEmu, including orbs, but curiously I cannot buy the "Special Orb Promo: May." All attempts to buy it on microG MEmu resulted in a generic "Your transaction cannot be completed." error and the purchase being listed as "declined" in my Google Play account.

More curiously, the monthly promo purchase worked in non-microG Bluestacks (the Beta version that has not had Google Play Services disabled in the root), which I thought to check before posting this. I think the problem is one of the following:

• Buying a promo on a certain device/emulator means all promos must be purchased on that device/emulator.
  • Something about the monthly promos is disagreeing with microG, and you will need traditional Google Play Services enabled to buy it instead (and have a means to defeat the resulting 803-3001 error later).
Edited by Some Jerk