How to play FEH on PC (Windows only)

mental_offence

Well, I assume older method with MicroG doesn't work anymore because core engine was upgraded in latest version of MEmu. Disabled google apps method still works just fine, mostly because it doesn't modify instance files in any way.

I made new archive with MicroG for MEmu 6.0.1 and added it to the topic. It seems like I'll have to make new archive everytime they modify engine, but that's not a problem for me.

Edited by mental_offence

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile, I just tried with BlueStacks and everything went fine. 

Only one thing: when you have to deactivate some google apps, I didn't found the Google Backup Transport, but it seems to work anyway. 

4 hours ago, mental_offence said:

They note in change log that they upgraded core engine for "better performance", also "Reduce boot time by 30%" - those are the only useful features of updated MEmu.

Thanks! I will stay with 5.6 for a while and upgrade once I use the emulator more again. 

hi, @mental_offence im trying the memu method with MicroG and FEH is working but i wanted to delete deviceAccount.xml for faster rerolls and MiXplorer is showing that data folder is empty? i tried show hidden and cheking the root option on memu but nothign seems to be working. i have FEH installed yet now folder in file system.

2 hours ago, qqwik said:

hi, @mental_offence im trying the memu method with MicroG and FEH is working but i wanted to delete deviceAccount.xml for faster rerolls and MiXplorer is showing that data folder is empty? i tried show hidden and cheking the root option on memu but nothign seems to be working. i have FEH installed yet now folder in file system.

Make sure that Root Mode is "Open" in Others tab of MEmu settings. You don't have to change any settings of MiXplorer.

If it doesn't work - create a new instance, enable root mode, launch this instance after that and see if there's files in any folder from data/data.

Edited by mental_offence

The newest version of MEmu is giving me hell. The emulator menu takes a long time to load, maybe a minute or longer, and it's basically a coin flip as to whether or not it successfully runs FEH once I've opened it. It may take a few restarts of the emulator before it works.

Then there's the slighter issue of having huge hang (10 seconds+ where I can do absolutely nothing) when I click on the notifications from the castle, and when I want to turn the volume up/down through the emulator itself. Same with taking a screenshot.

I think I'll be going back to the older version of MEmu, since that was at least working for me without any issues.

I alternate my order in which I play the games I have on Bluestacks, I play the games that need the google stuff enabled, disable them to play play FEH, come back tomorrow then play FEH, enable the stuff and play the other games.

Yet thinking the google stuff was disabled from yesterdays session I opened FEH and it worked fine, only to find that everything was enabled when I went to turn them on for the other games.

I hope this isn't a one time thing.

Edited by Rezonus

1 hour ago, Rezonus said:

I alternate my order in which I play the games I have on Bluestacks, I play the games that need the google stuff enabled, disable them to play play FEH, come back tomorrow then play FEH, enable the stuff and play the other games.

Yet thinking the google stuff was disabled from yesterdays session I opened FEH and it worked fine, only to find that everything was enabled when I went to turn them on for the other games.

I hope this isn't a one time thing.

I believe it'd be easier for you to have two instances of BlueStacks - with enabled and disabled google apps. You can manage instances by going to "More apps" - "Instance Manager" at the bottom of launched BlueStacks. You can also make two separate desktop shortcuts from there too.

1 hour ago, Domukuro said:

I have a issue with the screen resolution in Memu. What are the config to see the game in tablet view? I have this settings and the game see like my phone.  

You set resolution to "Custom" and then you have to type preferred resolution manually.

Apparently FEH works on android 7.1 instance of latest (6.0.1) MEmu. Can anyone confirm this for me?

I'd also like to know if FEH on 7.1 works any faster than on 5.1. Is it even worth to make new instructions for android 7.1? I can't test it myself (because everything equally and horribly lags on my crappy laptop and I can't see a difference anyway), so any help would be appreciated. 803-3001 is still there though, so disable google apps before proceeding.

Edited by mental_offence

trying this out on Bluestacks.

I have this problem where upon closing the app, trying to reopen it immediately comes up with the three "update" things from google play

after the third, the app just closes and brings me back to my home page, trying again just repeats the process.

Any solutions for this?

Edited by Lennonsy
answered my own questions, had new ones

18 hours ago, mental_offence said:

Apparently FEH works on android 7.1 instance of latest (6.0.1) MEmu. Can anyone confirm this for me?

I'd also like to know if FEH on 7.1 works any faster than on 5.1. Is it even worth to make new instructions for android 7.1? I can't test it myself (because everything equally and horribly lags on my crappy laptop and I can't see a difference anyway), so any help would be appreciated. 803-3001 is still there though, so disable google apps before proceeding.

yep it's work. android little faster and feh little faster, but this 3001...

Spoiler

71.thumb.png.6c5ad8d343212d3f5683713d10acfbd8.png

44 minutes ago, Lennonsy said:

Can i play multiplayer at all? just going through the tutorial now and wanna know if that's still enabled with all the things we have to disable just to play.

Of course you can. FEH doesn't rely on google services for connectivity.

47 minutes ago, Lennonsy said:

Also will this game update automatically or will we have to scavenge the new APKs every time a new update releases?

Since Play Store is unusable without google services you'll have to download and install new updates manually.

1 hour ago, Lennonsy said:

trying this out on Bluestacks.

I have this problem where upon closing the app, trying to reopen it immediately comes up with the three "update" things from google play

after the third, the app just closes and brings me back to my home page, trying again just repeats the process.

Any solutions for this?

Problem may be caused by using arm version of FEH apk, download x86 version and try again.

1 hour ago, Warsteiner said:

yep it's work. android little faster and feh little faster, but this 3001...

Reveal hidden contents

71.thumb.png.6c5ad8d343212d3f5683713d10acfbd8.png

I've tried to make ova with disabled google apps, but for whatever reason its impossible to import it successfully. Somewhy after importing and launching new instance it'll be android 5.1. Probably because 7.1 in MEmu is still in beta.

For now you can follow the guide for BlueStacks (steps 3-5) and you'll be able to play FEH. I'll make archive with microG for android 7.1 soon enough.

10 minutes ago, Warsteiner said:

When i disable these apps i have "Enable Google Play services" not "Update Google Play services". And when i enable it - 3001.

Don't enable them, press "enable" and then back, repeat this 2 times.

Edited by mental_offence

7 hours ago, mental_offence said:

Alright, I've added instructions for MicroG on android 7.1 on MEmu in the topic. Still I'd like to hear more feedback about 7.1 performance.

Thanks, all works fine for me, except stock browser. It's hard to login in feh acc with him. I install chrome and all works great. Big thanks mental_offence!

Spoiler

download.thumb.png.7e3484efd3dd91b96d89f99e6fd0b275.pngingame.thumb.png.f9d96235b5701d6e26cac8d042b2a870.png

Hi ! Thank you for your tutorial !

I have a problem since the new version of FEH (3.0.0)

I installed this version from apk file found on apkmirror but i have 3001 error. I've checked and Google play was enabled (since the installation I think).

I disabled Google play but the 3001 error still... What can I do ? I haven't linked my account with a Nintendo account :x

Thank you for your answer ! :)

18 minutes ago, Daraen said:

Hi ! Thank you for your tutorial !

I have a problem since the new version of FEH (3.0.0)

I installed this version from apk file found on apkmirror but i have 3001 error. I've checked and Google play was enabled (since the installation I think).

I disabled Google play but the 3001 error still... What can I do ? I haven't linked my account with a Nintendo account :x

Thank you for your answer ! :)

Well... You can't recover this account now. If you get 803-3001 error on unlinked account - it's gone. My condolences.