How to play FEH on PC (Windows only)

mental_offence

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, IDKnIDC said:

So I disabled everything that was listed and now it is working. But I want to make a Nintendo account and link it but it is giving communication error 803-3012. How do I fix this?

I have no idea what's causing 803-3012 and there's no information about it in the internet. Sorry.

9 hours ago, Gravelmouse said:

I have issues playing the game, this issue may have been covered already, but I was unwilling to slide through 22 pages of a forum post. I am on a windows 10, and initially I use the MEmu emulator. I followed the instructions, got the game, and was able to play the tutorial. However, after completing it, I was stopped by a communications error support code 803-3001.

I assume you were using disabled gapps solution for MEmu. If you're getting 803-3001 error - check disabled apps, atleast these apps have to be disabled: Google Play services and Google Services Framework.

5 hours ago, Serkian said:

Followed the instructions for Bluestacks, and FEH says "doesn't work if Google Play Services disabled." don't know if anyone got this as well, but I think this method won't work anymore?

1 hour ago, Gravelmouse said:

Same issue as the above post, I had to enable it to play the game, maybe that is why I am getting locked out?

In the newest version of BlueStacks instead of "Update" there's "Enable" button. Just press it and then get back, repeat this two times and FEH will work after that.

Hi mental_offence Just wanted to say thanks for going through all the trouble to let us play feh on pc. Ive been enjoying this game for the last few months and im loving it. 

The issue i have at the moment is I just got a new SSD. While trying to get feh back i follow all of your instructions and I keep getting the error of 
803-3001. I would keep deleting the  deviceAccount:.xml file but I have it keep popping up in the middle of arena assault (Resetting it every time while trying to do my 7 wins) 
Is there any permanent solutions at this moment in time? (Using blue stacks) 

Ive been playing snice about Halloween and I never had this issue before. Is it because I have it on my SDD? 

Sorry if you've already answered this and thanks in advance for helping

2 hours ago, Prince Saieen said:

Hi mental_offence Just wanted to say thanks for going through all the trouble to let us play feh on pc. Ive been enjoying this game for the last few months and im loving it. 

The issue i have at the moment is I just got a new SSD. While trying to get feh back i follow all of your instructions and I keep getting the error of 
803-3001. I would keep deleting the  deviceAccount:.xml file but I have it keep popping up in the middle of arena assault (Resetting it every time while trying to do my 7 wins) 
Is there any permanent solutions at this moment in time? (Using blue stacks) 

Ive been playing snice about Halloween and I never had this issue before. Is it because I have it on my SDD? 

Sorry if you've already answered this and thanks in advance for helping

Check all disabled apps again, some of them could be re-enabled for whatever reason. Also check Google Play services app and see if there's an option to "Uninstall" it even if it's disabled (if so - uninstall it, this could be the reason).

2 hours ago, mental_offence said:

Check all disabled apps again, some of them could be re-enabled for whatever reason. Also check Google Play services app and see if there's an option to "Uninstall" it even if it's disabled (if so - uninstall it, this could be the reason).

Double checked and yes everything is disabled. Just to clear things up. What happens is I get the error. I go through the process of deleting the  "deviceAccount:.xml" but then usually with in short time frame I would get the error again,  and i would delete it again and i just end up in a cycle 

Went to google play services apps and im not seeing a option to uninstall. 

Edited by Prince Saieen

Wow, it's been a while since I've been here. First off, I'd just like to thank @mental_offence for this guide.

Now then, I'm having a Memu-related issue. I'm still on the old Memu 3.3.0, Android 5.1.1 microG build since until now it has been working perfectly fine, but recently it has started having trouble accessing the Play Store.

As of today, at first it would just give me an infinite loading bar when accessing the Play Store which I attributed to the microG core needing an update, but after updating (and forgetting to back up the old instance; bad Some Jerk!), it now just gives me a blank screen. Memu doesn't crash and I don't get any notice of the Play Store crashing, it just loads up a completely blank page. The issue isn't limited to the Play Store either, as accessing any Shop options in FEH causes the game to crash.

It's not too dire of an issue as I don't appear to be getting any other errors in FEH, but this is going to cause problems in the future when I want to buy Orbs or update the game. Is there a fix for this, or is it time for me to update the emulator?

Edited by Some Jerk

On 22.01.2019 at 7:29 AM, Prince Saieen said:

Double checked and yes everything is disabled. Just to clear things up. What happens is I get the error. I go through the process of deleting the  "deviceAccount:.xml" but then usually with in short time frame I would get the error again,  and i would delete it again and i just end up in a cycle 

Went to google play services apps and im not seeing a option to uninstall. 

No idea why is this happening, really. I guess at this point you can only use MEmu.

On 23.01.2019 at 11:58 AM, Some Jerk said:

Wow, it's been a while since I've been here. First off, I'd just like to thank @mental_offence for this guide.

Now then, I'm having a Memu-related issue. I'm still on the old Memu 3.3.0, Android 5.1.1 microG build since until now it has been working perfectly fine, but recently it has started having trouble accessing the Play Store.

As of today, at first it would just give me an infinite loading bar when accessing the Play Store which I attributed to the microG core needing an update, but after updating (and forgetting to back up the old instance; bad Some Jerk!), it now just gives me a blank screen. Memu doesn't crash and I don't get any notice of the Play Store crashing, it just loads up a completely blank page. The issue isn't limited to the Play Store either, as accessing any Shop options in FEH causes the game to crash.

It's not too dire of an issue as I don't appear to be getting any other errors in FEH, but this is going to cause problems in the future when I want to buy Orbs or update the game. Is there a fix for this, or is it time for me to update the emulator?

Delete an update for microG and disable it in settings, then try to launch FEH and see what error shows up.
If it's something like "this app won't work without google services" - enable microG and install newest update for it, then launch microG settings, enable Google device registration and try launching FEH again.
If no error shows up or there's different error when launching FEH with disabled microG - something happened with that instance of MEmu, in that case you can either set up new instance using MicroG111-Blank.ova again or update to latest version of MEmu.

Thanks for the help. I decided to update to the MEmu 7.1 build.

While I did get the Play Store in 3.3.0.2 to be unfrozen after your instructions, it just returned server connection errors. I took this as a sign to upgrade, only for 6.0.6.0 to give me the same issues... before I caught sight of a certain arrow icon and it suddenly fixed itself shortly after said arrow went away. Turns out Play Store needed to update and the earlier bricking of microG on 3.3.0.2 meant it couldn't do this. Another hindsighted problem was that I'd recently changed my Google password, which explains the issues it was having before the failed microG update.

I probably could've fixed 3.3.0.2 knowing this, but whatever, 6.0.6.0 runs better anyway. All is well now.

Edited by Some Jerk

Hello Everyone.

First of all I wanted to thank the people in this forum. I'm really really new to the forum, and honestly I only made the account to post this post. This thread has helped me play over the years and I'm grateful, however I've hit a dead end.

So since with the new Fire Emblem version the game is suppose to work on Memu, I've been trying to play but it has been impossible.
First of all, no matter which model I input on memu the game won't appear on my PlayStore. No I'm not outside the cover zone, I'm in EU with the game in my phone, and I just googled my phones version and input it in the Memu. And no my phone is not initially rooted, nor is memu.

I've hit the 803-0001 infinite loop a couple of times. Worst thing is, you guys still describe it as you are playing and it hits you, that you get it playing for 6 hours and then it hits you... I take 4 clicks on screen before it hits me. 12 times in less than 40 minutes. I've spend more time downloading the images of the game than even constructing my calvary team, and I haven't even manage to get to the mission select menu.

I decided to Open Root on memu and look for the file so I could end this madness, however the folder com.nintendo.zaga is no where to be found. I can find FFBE, Mobius and ManvsVampire's folders just fine but no idea where the nintendo one is. There's no data/data path in mine, I go android/data or 0/data , so the problem might be there but I have no other way to go that I can see.

It's getting frustrating, I can't play this game on my new phone because it's a company working phone so I'm not going to be installing games in it, my old phone is around but I'm not using it much and it's slow. So I just wanted to use memu for this but it got so frustrating that I simply stopped playing.

Could you please help me?

Thank you in advance.

7 hours ago, Narnun said:

First of all, no matter which model I input on memu the game won't appear on my PlayStore.

It's supposed to be like that on MEmu with disabled google apps, use MEmu with microG if you want to download game from Play Store.

I've hit the 803-0001 infinite loop a couple of times. Worst thing is, you guys still describe it as you are playing and it hits you, that you get it playing for 6 hours and then it hits you... I take 4 clicks on screen before it hits me. 12 times in less than 40 minutes. I've spend more time downloading the images of the game than even constructing my calvary team, and I haven't even manage to get to the mission select menu.

I assume you use disabled google apps solution, in this case you should check disabled apps in settings, Google Play services and Google Services Framework must be disabled.

I decided to Open Root on memu and look for the file so I could end this madness, however the folder com.nintendo.zaga is no where to be found. I can find FFBE, Mobius and ManvsVampire's folders just fine but no idea where the nintendo one is. There's no data/data path in mine, I go android/data or 0/data , so the problem might be there but I have no other way to go that I can see.

To see com.nintendo.zaba folder you need to enable root access in MEmu settings (which you already did) and enable root mode in settings of file explorer.

On 31/01/2019 at 7:32 PM, mental_offence said:

It's supposed to be like that on MEmu with disabled google apps, use MEmu with microG if you want to download game from Play Store.

I assume you use disabled google apps solution, in this case you should check disabled apps in settings, Google Play services and Google Services Framework must be disabled.

To see com.nintendo.zaba folder you need to enable root access in MEmu settings (which you already did) and enable root mode in settings of file explorer.

Hi mental_offense.

First of all I wanted to thank you. I was missing the disable google framework and service. I wanted to further ask what effects will disabling these 2 services bring to my other apps in this version of memu, judging if I should maybe create another one for FFBE and Mobius etc.

Furthermore I did check on root, I had root both on the file checker and on memu at the start but the folders did not appear. It doesn't matter much now because the game is finally working after disabling google service and framework but I thought I should still let you know.

Nevermind, it last 30minutes before it started repeating the loop. Now takes exactly 2 clicks to ban me, as soon as I get rid of the news screen Done.
Rekt, it's even worse. I also check and I do have root enable on both file manager and memu itself. I cannot find data/data to start with, it's only android and 0 folders. and inside android/data I can find the com. folders for the other apps except com.nintendo..  

Any feedback required that I can provide let me know and again thank you

Edited by Narnun

Is there a way for me to change my name in the game when running it in memu? Or a way to edit the names of the favorite labels in the game in memu?

For example, If I open the edit favorite bar I can type in it, but nothing I type in seems to stay there. Was hoping to organize my character roster a bit using the favorite labels.

3 hours ago, Dnarris said:

Is there a way for me to change my name in the game when running it in memu? Or a way to edit the names of the favorite labels in the game in memu?

For example, If I open the edit favorite bar I can type in it, but nothing I type in seems to stay there. Was hoping to organize my character roster a bit using the favorite labels.

Something about FEH dislikes whatever the basic emulator keyboard is. You have to download a third-party keyboard app like GBoard, install it, then disable all keyboard options in the emulator not related to the one you installed.

11 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

Something about FEH dislikes whatever the basic emulator keyboard is. You have to download a third-party keyboard app like GBoard, install it, then disable all keyboard options in the emulator not related to the one you installed.

@Some Jerk Thank my friend!

@mental_offence On another note, I updated my memu accounts today and it seems that some of them are now crashing when you attempt to enter the game. Is there a simple fix for this or does this call for some of your much appreciated shenanigans?

EDIT:

I just had to delete those instances and make new ones. Not sure what happened. I also notice some of the menu setting don't seem to be saving anymore when you reroll. 

Edited by Dnarris

Figured out why those accounts kept crashing. I deleted the folder the the device account file was in instead of the device account file itself. 

Anyone been able to get the asset/flaw setting to save when rerolling? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 8:49 PM, IDKnIDC said:

So I disabled everything that was listed and now it is working. But I want to make a Nintendo account and link it but it is giving communication error 803-3012. How do I fix this?

Error 803-3012 is normal, it's just if you cancel the linking and stuff before it finishes. Just press retry or something. Cancel just stops it and continues with the title. Not scary by any means so dw :)

speaking of which...

I'm very thankful for this guide, but I have one tiny problem: I can't link my account. I use Bluestacks and Tweaker, have two different browsers (dolphin and chrome), and have completed all instructions as directed using x86 apk. However, it never redirects to a browser, and the instructions are somewhat vague concerning this specific step. It only ever opens in the app itself weirdly enough, which it never does. I've tried opening browser at the same time and trying to force it to go to the browser, or closing it then opening a browser and other such silly ideas (which usually cause the emulator to freak out, much to my frustration). Could you be so kind as to help me with this? Thanks :D:

4 hours ago, EaglePie said:

Error 803-3012 is normal, it's just if you cancel the linking and stuff before it finishes. Just press retry or something. Cancel just stops it and continues with the title. Not scary by any means so dw :)

speaking of which...

I'm very thankful for this guide, but I have one tiny problem: I can't link my account. I use Bluestacks and Tweaker, have two different browsers (dolphin and chrome), and have completed all instructions as directed using x86 apk. However, it never redirects to a browser, and the instructions are somewhat vague concerning this specific step. It only ever opens in the app itself weirdly enough, which it never does. I've tried opening browser at the same time and trying to force it to go to the browser, or closing it then opening a browser and other such silly ideas (which usually cause the emulator to freak out, much to my frustration). Could you be so kind as to help me with this? Thanks :D:

I have no problems with linking accounts using MEmu emulator. If you're not too far in the game, you could restart fresh there.

Alternatively, start the account on an actual phone/tablet, and link using that device, where you shouldn't get any problems. Then move on to playing on emulator.

16 hours ago, Raven said:

I have no problems with linking accounts using MEmu emulator. If you're not too far in the game, you could restart fresh there.

Alternatively, start the account on an actual phone/tablet, and link using that device, where you shouldn't get any problems. Then move on to playing on emulator.

oh well that's no good. I made my Nintendo account long ago, and this account is about 9 months old or so. I've been using phone since but I really need a computer to play on now. Even so, I missed the popularity poll free summon anyways so :(: rip my F2P hero

• 2 weeks later...