Getting gold WITHOUT getting EXP? (Birthright)

hyo_hyo

I really enjoy collecting skills, and when I was playing Conquest I would leisurely take my time in between chapters by 1. playing Ghostly Gold, 2. making lots of cash, and 3. collecting a ton of skills. Not even to use them, just for fun.

However, in Birthright, I’ve realized that Ghostly Gold gives you EXP, which is an issue because I don’t want to be super over-leveled for the actual story - I just want the cash :( For me, collecting skills & playing the DLC was a nice / slightly mindless way to pass the time, and I’m really missing that now.

Is there any way I can get gold in Birthright without EXP? The best I can think of is Lilith, or waiting till I get all my characters to level 20 and then playing Ghostly Gold a million times before master sealing them. It’s just kind of lame because I actually have less cash than in Conquest :/

Any simple solutions that I’m just not thinking of? Would be very appreciated!!!

Can think of a few ways to alleviate the problem:

• Use Einherjar units (potentially expensive investment, but can be terrific money makers; I'd recommend mobile Einherjars so that you can catch your foes quicker)
  • Capture and use enemy units (could be time consuming, depending on the size of your prison and the levels of your prisoners, but costs absolutely no money)
  • Use units you don't intend on ever using in the story (children or their parents would make decent candidates)

There's no way to stop the flow of experience other than the way you mentioned.  It's all about avoiding fielding your units in the first place and replacing them with throw away units.

Ahh, that's a really good point - avoid fielding my units altogether. I was hoping there'd be a way for me to do this with my own characters, but I guess not :( Why does Ghostly Gold give out exp, anyways?! Agh...

I asked this question on Reddit, and someone suggested the possibility of going to a high ranking castle, winning the online battle, and recruiting one of the max level units. Seems like I'll have to go that route. (Will check out when I get home...) It's a good fix, but I'm still a bit sad / unsatisfied .__.

Though once I make enough ca$h, I'll do what you suggested...and buy / use my einherjar units from my previous game :)

41 minutes ago, paddlins said:

Ahh, that's a really good point - avoid fielding my units altogether. I was hoping there'd be a way for me to do this with my own characters, but I guess not :( Why does Ghostly Gold give out exp, anyways?! Agh...

I asked this question on Reddit, and someone suggested the possibility of going to a high ranking castle, winning the online battle, and recruiting one of the max level units. Seems like I'll have to go that route. (Will check out when I get home...) It's a good fix, but I'm still a bit sad / unsatisfied .__.

Though once I make enough ca$h, I'll do what you suggested...and buy / use my einherjar units from my previous game :)

Well just remember that you don't have to do endgame to get your own units as Einherjar.  They can be bought as cheap as 1500 gold per pop, depending on how low in level they are and what skills they have.  Granted, that price would basically mean they're level 1, but all things come at a price.

I do agree that it's annoying they make it so that you earn EXP in Ghostly Gold when you play the non-CQ paths.  It should be an option; there's no need to force the easiness on folks like Yoshi's New Island tries to force their super baby mode on you.