Games you love and love to make fun of?

DragonFlames

As stated in the title, do you have any game that you like but you also love to make fun of / see other people make fun of it?
It's a random question that popped into my head and I just couldn't help but make a topic out of it.

For me, I have two such games, the first being Final Fantasy XIII. I like that game, I like the story of that game but I also like seeing people tear it, its story and its characters a new one.
The other game is Fire Emblem Fates. Despite all evidence to the contrary (which I know there is a lot of), I still thoroughly enjoy playing Fates and I still like most aspects of it. But I also can't help but make fun of it at almost every given opportunity and I always laugh along with those joking about it and it's plot / characters / whatever. Is that weird? It probably is, but do you guys feel the same way about certain games? I'd really like to know.

Fates is a big one.

Star Ocean 3 is fun but dumb as hell. 

I like the gameplay and OST of FFX, absolutely hate the cast and Spira. 

Heavy Rain is The Room of video games, down to the main character's bizarre accent. 

Shadow the Hedgehog. 

I actually like the game, but it's very easy to make fun of.

13 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Heavy Rain is The Room of video games, down to the main character's bizarre accent. 

Oh my god. I've never heard that comparison before, but that's probably the most accurate thing I've ever heard.

Also...

JASON!

Conception 2 Children of the seven stars

I have a weird sense of humor sometimes and I find this game very funny and I really like the dungeons.  The "God's gift" thing with the main character and the whole "class mating" stuff is really bad and I will state that.  For some reason I found those parts funny and I end up laughing a lot when I play it.

Final Fantasy X: HA HA HA HA HAAAAA.
I love FFX but I don't get why it gets more praise than XIII. Both games are linear and X's got the more awkward and dated cutscenes. Something I'm missing? Is it because XIII's story is messier? Or its battle system?

Sonic Adventure 2: Every cutscene ever

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

I have a weird sense of humor sometimes and I find this game very funny and I really like the dungeons.  The "God's gift" thing with the main character and the whole "class mating" stuff is really bad and I will state that.  For some reason I found those parts funny and I end up laughing a lot when I play it.

Dang, you beat me to it. The main concept of the game is honestly just hilarious to explain to people on my end - You have to have children with seven different girls and use those children as little minions to fight monsters with? The reactions are beautiful.

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

The less said about "class-MANting" the better XD

18 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Dang, you beat me to it. The main concept of the game is honestly just hilarious to explain to people on my end - You have to have children with seven different girls and use those children as little minions to fight monsters with? The reactions are beautiful.

As someone who played that game and loved it because of it's genuinely cute story (especially some of the individual side stories of the seven girls), catchy music and incredible gameplay, boy, I can tell you, the faces of the people I talked to...
Even better, it was actually my dad who recommended that game to me and at first, I was the one making weird faces at him...

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

Here I thought I was the only one who thought that... although I prefer mocking his lack of facial expressions, Jayden's inability to open doors if you miss the QTEs, and Scott's... everything about Scott, really. I'll avoid further spoilers, but yeah.

That said, however, I do not like Heavy Rain unironically, so love to mock it as I may, it's not a good answer to the OP's question.

There's this old, rather obscure game called Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb. When I was a kid, I used to joke with a cousin of mine, saying he looked like his father, and we started to call him "Indiana James". I also loved to take advantage of the game's many funny minor glitches, like the fact that doing an action right before pulling a level made it look like he was pulling it with his crotch. Sending Indy into one of the boss fights and laugh as I watched him be flung all over the place like a ragdoll by the boss was also great fun. The animations and sound effects in that game were so great, even losing was fun. For the longest time, I just replayed the same three/four levels over and over, beating everyone up because the fighting was (and is) absolutely amazing, and then killing myself in order to do it again.

I'm not sure if it counts, but it's the closest thing to a game "I love to mock" I can think of, and, hey, I just wanted to talk about this game, because it's my dang childhood, and with all its quirks, I don't think it's aged badly at all. It's still a blast all the way through.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

As someone who played that game and loved it because of it's genuinely cute story (especially some of the individual side stories of the seven girls), catchy music and incredible gameplay, boy, I can tell you, the faces of the people I talked to...
Even better, it was actually my dad who recommended that game to me and at first, I was the one making weird faces at him...

Eh, I got a bit tired of the gameplay after a while - it essentially forces a Heroine Tier List with Serina and Torri taking top spot just because they can hit everyone at the same time. The concept was good, I just thought it could have been executed a little better. Probably my biggest issue with the game is the difficulty curve - everything is weaksauce until the last Labyrinth before the Pandora Labyrinth, then bam, enemies go through the roof. I would, however, totally love the game if someone turned it into a side-scrolling platformer that played in similar fashion to Megaman/Gunvolt, the only Heroine they might have trouble converting over to that playstyle is Serina due to the oddness of her weapon in that kind of game.
My current verdict on the game when anyone asks me about it is that you almost invariably end up with at least 3 of the Heroines on your Waifu List, you're going to be at least neutral towards any Heroine not on your Waifu List, you will 100% guaranteed think Chlotz is a dork but still be cheering for him on his own little love story, and you'll dislike if not outright hate everyone else with a name, especially Mattero(who the heck thought making someone like that a priest was a good idea again?).

Also, as my sig mentions at time of writing, Fuuko voices Lissa and it blew my mind to figure that out plus guaranteed her top spot on my Waifu List for the game, where she had been vying with Serina for the position(something about Tsunderes, man…). I wouldn't have figured it out if it weren't for Warriors, actually - I beat Lissa during a mission and she said her 'I know when I'm beaten' line and I was like 'Wait…FUUKO?!?!'

1 minute ago, SoulWeaver said:

Eh, I got a bit tired of the gameplay after a while - it essentially forces a Heroine Tier List with Serina and Torri taking top spot just because they can hit everyone at the same time. The concept was good, I just thought it could have been executed a little better. Probably my biggest issue with the game is the difficulty curve - everything is weaksauce until the last Labyrinth before the Pandora Labyrinth, then bam, enemies go through the roof. I would, however, totally love the game if someone turned it into a side-scrolling platformer that played in similar fashion to Megaman/Gunvolt, the only Heroine they might have trouble converting over to that playstyle is Serina due to the oddness of her weapon in that kind of game.
My current verdict on the game when anyone asks me about it is that you almost invariably end up with at least 3 of the Heroines on your Waifu List, you're going to be at least neutral towards any Heroine not on your Waifu List, you will 100% guaranteed think Chlotz is a dork but still be cheering for him on his own little love story, and you'll dislike if not outright hate everyone else with a name, especially Mattero(who the heck thought making someone like that a priest was a good idea again?).

Also, as my sig mentions at time of writing, Fuuko voices Lissa and it blew my mind to figure that out plus guaranteed her top spot on my Waifu List for the game, where she had been vying with Serina for the position(something about Tsunderes, man…). I wouldn't have figured it out if it weren't for Warriors, actually - I beat Lissa during a mission and she said her 'I know when I'm beaten' line and I was like 'Wait…FUUKO?!?!'

I knew beforehand, because her voice just seemed so gosh-darn familiar that I looked it up.
Speaking about voice acting, I had the same reaction the first time I played Tales of Berseria when Velvet spoke. I was like: "Serina, is that you?"
My top spot almost went to Ellie because of her voice actress (same as Sumia's and Nah's, also in several other games; my personal favourite being her role as the fairy Anne from Bravely Second and Hifumi from Persona 5), but Torri's story and character was just too endearing for me.

Damn, now I really want to play that game again. Welp, time to whip out the ol' Vita!

I really like Skyrim, but because it's a Bethesda game, the quality control is legendarily lacking. The AI is easily exploitable, some builds are broken, and it's voiced by the same 10 people (not really, but you get the point). However, it's not an easy game to hate unless open world RPG games aren't your thing, and it's available for nearly every console out there, even on Nintendo consoles as of last year (took 'em long enough).

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Final Fantasy X: HA HA HA HA HAAAAA.
I love FFX but I don't get why it gets more praise than XIII. Both games are linear and X's got the more awkward and dated cutscenes. Something I'm missing? Is it because XIII's story is messier? Or its battle system?

That, 13's cast where I can't stand 1/3 and think 1/3 are pretty bad, Seymour's campiness can be more appealing that whatever the villains were in 13, upgrading in 13 is somehow more linear and tedious and the fact that characters (to be fair by that I mean Rikku) have non-fighting/item commands in 10. At least, that's where I stand.

10 also came out years before on older hardware, so the cutscenes being dated are just plain more likely.

As for myself, I'm not sure what I'd pick. Maybe Oblivion?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's this old, rather obscure game called Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb. When I was a kid, I used to joke with a cousin of mine, saying he looked like his father, and we started to call him "Indiana James". I also loved to take advantage of the game's many funny minor glitches, like the fact that doing an action right before pulling a level made it look like he was pulling it with his crotch. Sending Indy into one of the boss fights and laugh as I watched him be flung all over the place like a ragdoll by the boss was also great fun. The animations and sound effects in that game were so great, even losing was fun. For the longest time, I just replayed the same three/four levels over and over, beating everyone up because the fighting was (and is) absolutely amazing, and then killing myself in order to do it again.

I'm not sure if it counts, but it's the closest thing to a game "I love to mock" I can think of, and, hey, I just wanted to talk about this game, because it's my dang childhood, and with all its quirks, I don't think it's aged badly at all. It's still a blast all the way through.

YOU DARE CALL THAT GAME OLD!!!

Just kidding, but on a serious note, I really do think that "Emperors Tomb" and "Fate of Atlantis" are tied for best Indiana Jones game, as they both nail the feeling of the movies in different ways.

For my own answer, I'd have to say the Super Smash Bros series. I have no need to describe how awesome the gameplay is, or how how epic it is to have a crossover with most of the beloved Nintendo characters. Despite not playing on online matches, however, I know that these games can get janky, and that's not getting started over how ridiculous the whole concept is if you really sit down and think about it. That, and any time I pause the game, I just have to take a picture the situation. It's a game where anything and everything can happen, and that's were a large part of it's charm comes from.

I would also put Star Wars: The Force Unleashed here, simply because of how ludicrously overpowered the main character is, despite being an apprentice, and how all the DLC missions are What if? scenarios that you'll either enjoy because it derails the original trilogy, or you'll utterly despise because you have to kill every main character in the series (which, given the reception of the Last Jedi, is probably more of the latter than the former). However, I've only started playing the game recently, and I don't think I've formed a solid enough opinion of the game to say whether or not I enjoyed playing it.

Dr. Lunatic Supreme with Cheese (PC) - and by extention Mike Hommel's other Dr.L engine games. 

I was introduced to the world of Mike Hommel through his demo for the game (Spooky Castle). Mike Hommel's Dr.L engine games are dificult to describe. I love them because of the incredible variety of level design, and the very distinctive aesthetics and humor. Supereme with Cheese is also a testament to the Hamumu community, since Mike Hommel made like 70ish of the game's 1000+ levels (and that's only counting those put into the release). It still has an editor attached to it, but I have no clue how people managed to stand it. For obvious reasons, the game's level quality is not consistent whatsoever, although playing Mike Hommel's worlds alone takes over 20 hours. The major downsides to the game are mostly the fact that you get rooted to the spot when attacking, despite the game having arcade roots in things like Gauntlent/Chaos Engine/Smash TV. This isn't too noticable in short bursts, but there is so much game to go through that it almost seems like an obvious addition. A few mechanics like Ice/Vehicles have very little depth to them. The game doesn't support checkpoints in the vast majority of its levels (and it can be fairly hard or challenge your endurance on a lot of them). The game's audio is charming, and a lot of the catchphrases from this game are childhood memories to me, but the actual audio quality is spotty. Finally the other game's on the engine tend to suffer from Mike Hommel's Diablo/World of Worldcraft obsession (Kid Mystic/Loonyland/Sleepless Hollow), and despite being very interesting on a first playthrough, the second playthrough is a horrendous grindfest. Thankfully Supreme With Cheese itself has no experience or level up system. 

Chrono Cross (PS1) -

Chrono Cross is a very interesting game, but it's also a case study in what charather bloat does to hurt a good game. The plot is also too complicated for its own good, and between the multiple dimensions, a closed time loop,  and the war between robots and dinosaurs, you have a main villian who is basically evil because "he locked himself out of his house" and since locksmiths don't exist he needs to posess the main charather to get back in.  Of the 40+ charathers, you have about 15 real charathers and then 25ish gag charathers, many of which are animal-human hybirds when they aren't something more exotic (3 plant charathers is probbably a record). The battle sysem is also something that I want to love, but although the field and color systems are potentially really amazing, the low difficulty and the way the game handles experience/level ups means that you can ignore all the fancy stuff and just spam fierce attacks from begining to end.  Even with all it's problems, I really like the game, especially because of its music and art, but also because the more restrained parts of its story and charatheriation do have a lot of charm. 

The Adventures of Cookies and Cream (PS2)- 

I did buy it just because I wanted to meme by  owning a pre-Souls  From software game. However, this game stuck with me some reasons I couldn't predict. 1: Despite the graphics and boxart insisting that it's child friendly, it's far more demanding than a co-op games deserves to be. 2: The soundtrack is way on the wrong side of cutesey, especially the level select theme, which from what I can tell, uses the bleating of live animals. 3: Awful and finnicky hitboxes whenever you have to use the grab commandd, enemies willing to combo you to death with next to no player invincibility frames (unless you abuse your own incorrectly large ground pound hitbox). 4: Game uses the timer instead of health, except instead of making the game easier ala Yoshi's Island, this means that any fall will slash 20 seconds of your time to finish the level and time outs are extremely common, since it also respawns you extremely abrubtpy and if you hold up after a fall, you can fall again and lose 40 seconds.  The good things about the game are it's puzzle and level design.... I really like the effort to make the two charathers have to progress at the same time and affect each other's screens, especially on the rare levels where they actually cross over. 

Cookies and Cream is kind of awful but I love it because of the legitimate genius that controling two charathers at once creates. At least I have the Touhou puzzle game Marisa and Alice Trap Tower to justify that the core idea of Cookies and Cream wasn't the problem with its game design

Making fun of games is a big part of how I connect to that game, and not always indicative of a game's quality. A bad game that's bad in fun ways is several times more entertaining to me than a just-okay game that's chasing gameplay trends or is clearly trying to fill out the 8 hour benchmark so nobody complains it wasn't worth 60 dollars. Here's what comes immediately to mind.

Gex 2 and 3 - the Gext Generation of video gaming.

Every Sonic game. It's not just the 3D games, the 2D games are rife with unintended comedy, especially if you've got a co-op buddy. 

Asura's Wrath: I always theorized I would enjoy anime a lot more if it was in the format of a video game. Boy was I right. This game has no chill, and it's better off for it.

10 hours ago, Ronnie said:

FFX gets more praise for multiple reasons.

• The cast of FFX, while still overall unlikable, at least has Auron and Lulu. Sazh and Fang are the closest that XIII comes to having likable characters, but Sazh is treated like a joke, and at least 50% of Fang's appeal comes down to her accent. The other 50% is 100% the reason Lulu works, and that's because unlike most of her party, she's not constantly spewing stupid bullshit.
  • There's an emotional core to FFX that isn't at all present in FFXIII. The romance between Yuna and Tidus, the relationship between Auron, Tidus and Jecht, Yuna knowingly going on a march to her perceived death, and her Guardians who all treat her like a little sister all going along with it, Rikku's attempt to save Yuna that inevitably lead to Tidus learning that the Pilgrimage will end with Yuna's death. All of it is treated with appropriate, albeit with a healthy dose of melodrama, emotional weight. FFXIII has Sazh and Dajh, and that's about where the emotions in FFXIII begin and end. Despite Fang and Vanille walking to their deaths, Snow trying desperately to save his fiance, Lightning trying to save her sister, Hope dealing with his mom's death, and EVERYONE trying to avoid turning into Crystals or Crystal zombies, it's all treated as a minor annoyance to damn near everyone. Also all of the party members pretty much all hate each other and never talk about goddamn anything relevant.
  • FFXIII's story is absolutely stupid and the game doesn't even try to present it in a digestible fashion. If you want to know what's going on most of the time, you have to go to the pause menu to read data logs. Characters spout brand new nonsense that you aren't privy to prior to cutscenes, only for the exposition that the game badly needs to be unlocked in the data logs after each new nonsense phrase is uttered.
  • While FFX is linear, XIII takes it to an absolutely ludicrous level. The game really is one giant hallway until you get to Gran Pulse. Then once you leave Gran Pulse, it goes back to being hallways. FFX has side paths and secrets to find off the beaten path, and the game gives you a lot of reasons to go back to old locations. XIII crams all of its side stuff into Gran Pulse, and there's no reason to return to any place that isn't Gran Pulse.
  • The battle system in FFXIII is very rigid. People praised it a lot back in the day, but go back and play it. Ultimately it plays like an ATB Final Fantasy where you control only ONE character. The Paradigm system isn't nearly as involved as it appeared at first glance, and it's pretty easy to determine what the "proper party composition" is for most fights. Also, even the leveling system is a damn hallway, while FFX once again gave you plenty of places to branch off in its hallways.
  • Seymour, despite being the biggest joke of a villain in all of FF, is at least campy as all hell, and again, fun to make fun of. What can you tell me about Bartandelous? Besides being a schemey old man/god.
  • "Moms are tough"
  • Finally, the soundtrack in FFXIII isn't anywhere near as memorable as X's. Instead of crafting a soundtrack that fits the game that also is fun to listen to on its own, FFXIII's soundtrack is damn near ambient, it exists purely to heighten the mood of the game. Which would be fine if FFXIII weren't a JRPG, or if the game had any sort of atmosphere, but it IS a JRPG, a genre that's famous for kick ass soundtracks that can stand on their own, and it has absolutely no atmosphere. I can't think of a single song from FFXIII's OST that I have ever listened to outside of the context of the game.

After my initial FFXIII playthrough, I agreed that it seemed like it got too much shit, and that X was still far and away worse than it. But playing it a second time, when I had the time to let things sink in and didn't just roll with the game's pace, it quickly started falling apart. A second look revealed chasm-sized cracks in the game's structure. Again, I don't think X is particularly great, either, but there are still things I really like about X. There's really nothing I like about XIII. It was pretty for its time, but graphics don't hold up, and they can't be the sole saving grace of a 10 year old game anymore.

So yeah. FFX is a game I like that I love to make fun of. FFXIII is a game that I hate that I love to make fun of.

Edited by Slumber

11 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

My top spot almost went to Ellie because of her voice actress (same as Sumia's and Nah's

HOLY (Self-Censored) ELLIE IS SUMIA?!

NO WONDER I FELT LIKE I'D HEARD HER VOICE BEFORE

Damn, now I really want to play that game again. Welp, time to whip out the ol' Vita!

Ah, you played the Vita version? I got the 3DS one because it was on sale for 10 bucks and I thought what the hey, can't be too bad for $10. I think the Dual Screen thing kind of killed it for me because the lower screen doesn't do anything outside of the weird Touch Events, so it feels like a bunch of wasted space. The Vita Demo, in addition to just overall being set better than the 3DS one, also felt like it managed to use the screen space better.

Torri's story and character was just too endearing for me.

Torri evaded the Waifu List for me because she seems too innocent. She's on the Little Sister list. But yes, she's freaking adorable.

Definitely Strange Journey. Its my favorite SMT game overall and i still get a kick of mocking it both gameplay wise and its edgy af writing

Gameplay? yeah

For

Obvious

Reason

ERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUSERIDANUS

4 hours ago, Slumber said:

FFX gets more praise for multiple reasons.

"Incredible. Everything you just said is wrong."

Seriously though... I don't know anything about FFXIII but...
Emotional care ? Likable characters ? Not in FFX.
In FFX-, maaaybe... But certainly not in FFX. It's imposssible to care about any characters (well, Yuna and Auron,  maybe. Tidus is the worst MC ever (yes, even worse than Corrin) and makes everything terrible around him. Wakka is just stupid and bad.) The romance is so freaking terribly awfull (I said once that it shows why Romeo and Juliet isn't actually a love story.)
The music is wonderfull, but certainly not enough to save the game.

That being said, FFX is the total opposite for me. It's probably the only game I truly hate, but I still finds myself defending it sometimes (Tidus' laugh scene mainly.).

Back to the topic :

Pokémon, especially gen 1 and 6. Gen 1 was already outdated when it came out, and I could list all the issues all day, but I still really love it.  I love the glitches, I love its broken aspect, and all its weakness.
And X Y have good and bad point. I called it the Awakening of Pokémon back then, and it represents my feeling quite well. ORAS is quite disappointing, though...

Awakening is in the same case as Fates to me, maybe even more. It's a good game, and it's really fun, but tearing it appart is far too easy.

Wild ARMS (the first game) too. I really loved that game, but it has tons of isues, especially the  battles that are both quite long and looks really bad.

Dungeon Travelers 2 woudl be in the same point. That game is a ridiculous ecchi game, but also an awesome Dungeon RPG with a weird sense of humour.

Edited by Tamanoir

10 hours ago, Slumber said:

Seymour, despite being the biggest joke of a villain in all of FF, is at least campy as all hell, and again, fun to make fun of. What can you tell me about Bartandelous? Besides being a schemey old man/god

Speaking of Seymour, someone from Playstation Access called him "evil Winnie the Pooh" (most likely because of his butter-y voice) and now I can't unhear nor unsee it XP

8 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

HOLY (Self-Censored) ELLIE IS SUMIA?!

NO WONDER I FELT LIKE I'D HEARD HER VOICE BEFORE

Ah, you played the Vita version? I got the 3DS one because it was on sale for 10 bucks and I thought what the hey, can't be too bad for $10. I think the Dual Screen thing kind of killed it for me because the lower screen doesn't do anything outside of the weird Touch Events, so it feels like a bunch of wasted space. The Vita Demo, in addition to just overall being set better than the 3DS one, also felt like it managed to use the screen space better.

Torri evaded the Waifu List for me because she seems too innocent. She's on the Little Sister list. But yes, she's freaking adorable.

Yep, her voice actress is freaking talented. (Romancing Ellie is weird, though, since God's Gift's and her voice actors are actual RL siblings)

I could have gotten it on 3DS, but I thought since it was originally a Vita game and I have a Vita, why not get it on there? There aren't many games on the Vita that interest me and I had to have one excuse to still own the thing (aside from Tales of Hearts R and the two Trails of Cold Steel games).

5 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

"Incredible. Everything you just said is wrong."

Seriously though... I don't know anything about FFXIII but...
Emotional care ? Likable characters ? Not in FFX.
In FFX-, maaaybe... But certainly not in FFX. It's imposssible to care about any characters (well, Yuna and Auron,  maybe. Tidus is the worst MC ever (yes, even worse than Corrin) and makes everything terrible around him. Wakka is just stupid and bad.) The romance is so freaking terribly awfull (I said once that it shows why Romeo and Juliet isn't actually a love story.)
The music is wonderfull, but certainly not enough to save the game.

That being said, FFX is the total opposite for me. It's probably the only game I truly hate, but I still finds myself defending it sometimes (Tidus' laugh scene mainly.).

Back to the topic :

Pokémon, especially gen 1 and 6. Gen 1 was already outdated when it came out, and I could list all the issues all day, but I still really love it.  I love the glitches, I love its broken aspect, and all its weakness.
And X Y have good and bad point. I called it the Awakening of Pokémon back then, and it represents my feeling quite well. ORAS is quite disappointing, though...

Awakening is in the same case as Fates to me, maybe even more. It's a good game, and it's really fun, but tearing it appart is far too easy.

Wild ARMS (the first game) too. I really loved that game, but it has tons of isues, especially the  battles that are both quite long and looks really bad.

Dungeon Travelers 2 woudl be in the same point. That game is a ridiculous ecchi game, but also an awesome Dungeon RPG with a weird sense of humour.

Not to mention that Romeo and Juliet are actually underage...

You have NO idea how much I love / hate Pokémon. I hate it, because it turns into unfair garbage once you enter any kind of Battle Maison / Frontier / whatever, when everything comes down to how much the RNG hates you, I hate it's HUGE inconsistencies and plot holes, but I also love it, because Pokémon (especially Gen 1) helped me through a very hard childhood. I didn't buy Sun / Moon or their follow ups, though and I really don't plan to.

I also played Dungeon Travelers 2, but I had to drop it, because the fanservice got WAY too obnoxious for me. I had to draw the line somewhere and that was it.

More on topic: the new Digimon game on PS4 can also be really hilarious for one special reason: NUNSWITHGUNS!
To elaborate, there is a Digimon called Sistermon Noir and it's basically a nun dual wielding pistols. It's as ridiculously badass as it sounds.

54 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of Seymour, someone from Playstation Access called him "evil Winnie the Pooh" (most likely because of his butter-y voice) and now I can't unhear nor unsee it XP

Yep, her voice actress is freaking talented. (Romancing Ellie is weird, though, since God's Gift's and her voice actors are actual RL siblings)

I could have gotten it on 3DS, but I thought since it was originally a Vita game and I have a Vita, why not get it on there? There aren't many games on the Vita that interest me and I had to have one excuse to still own the thing (aside from Tales of Hearts R and the two Trails of Cold Steel games).

Not to mention that Romeo and Juliet are actually underage...

You have NO idea how much I love / hate Pokémon. I hate it, because it turns into unfair garbage once you enter any kind of Battle Maison / Frontier / whatever, when everything comes down to how much the RNG hates you, I hate it's HUGE inconsistencies and plot holes, but I also love it, because Pokémon (especially Gen 1) helped me through a very hard childhood. I didn't buy Sun / Moon or their follow ups, though and I really don't plan to.

I also played Dungeon Travelers 2, but I had to drop it, because the fanservice got WAY too obnoxious for me. I had to draw the line somewhere and that was it.

More on topic: the new Digimon game on PS4 can also be really hilarious for one special reason: NUNSWITHGUNS!
To elaborate, there is a Digimon called Sistermon Noir and it's basically a nun dual wielding pistols. It's as ridiculously badass as it sounds.

Romeo and Juliet being underage is the whole point. They are stupid teenagers doing stupid things and ruining everything (people dies because of their actions.). They aren't an example.

For Pokémon, any accuracy modifying moves. Pokémons keeping Sand Throw until the end of the game is a major annoyance in gen 1. That and Minimize. Go to hell, Muk.

It really goes too far. It is nearly a parody at this point. The fact it goes so far without taking itself seriously is what allowed me to reach the end (well, as close as possible. I stopped on the last ost-game dugeon.) Normally, I should hate such an awfull taste, but somehow it works here. I even was legitimately pumped up for the final fight !

Whic Digimon game ? That makes me quite interrested.

41 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

Whic Digimon game ? That makes me quite interrested.

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory. It's a turn-based RPG and a side story to the original Cyber Sleuth. I suggest you go play the original first to get the entire story.

31 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory. It's a turn-based RPG and a side story to the original Cyber Sleuth. I suggest you go play the original first to get the entire story.

I loved the original and Hacker's Memory is definitely on my list. Though, like the original, I hesitate betwen buying it now or waiting for a sale on a few months. I guess the original could be on the list as well, actually. It could be ridiculously amazing or amazingly ridiculous) at time (and playing with the girl leaded to some curious moments), but it was still really fun and likeable

13 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Welp, she officially moved up above Feene and Chloe then. Doubt she'll take Narika down a peg, though.

You picked the better one if you ask me!