Fire Emblem 7 - 80 HP Hack

MystletainnNavi

Hey, guys. I've been working on a ROM hack of Fire Emblem 7, making various adjustments (about which I may update from time to time) similar to the fashion of FE 8 Master Mode, and one of them is the overall HP cap being raised to 80, like in FE 4.

Now, I've gone into the hex, and went to the following offsets and changed 3C(60) to 50(80): 017C7C, 029996, 0299AC. As for raising the HP cap, this worked perfectly! However, in testing I've run into a number of issues about which I'll elaborate in the order they occurred.

I went to turn three. The battle window said Hector would double the General and that the General had a 28% chance of hitting. Hector attacks, and does damage just fine. The General retaliates, and surprisingly hits. But then the General attacked again, and hit again. I burned RN several times, and every time the General would hit and double. As for enemy phase, it played like it normally would just fine. I restarted, went to turn three (this oddity did not occur on turn two, and Hector could not reach the General on turn one), attacked again, and it still happened. I continued to try this on multiple different turns after two, and wound up with the same result. And then, to top it all off, the General landed a critical hit, despite having a 0% crit rate.

Basically, what I'm hoping for is that I just did it slightly incorrect, and somebody could set me back on track. Thanks, everyone!