Arthur the Adorable: Does anyone else love/ship him?

MoonRose

Hello, fellow Fates fans. :) I'm here to spread word of the most adorable character in Fates-Arthur! Haha, while he may not be the MOST adorable, he certainly comes with a lot of cute charms. And the perfect voice actor for the English version.

I love Arthur. My first failed Conquest playthrough had everyone except Arthur die because I spent so much time pairing my Corrin with him, in and out of battle. He's currently among my top five strongest units because I just love him to death. 

I ship him with my male Corrin and really wish he could achieve S rank with him. I only started a file with girl Corrin so she could marry Arthur and make him happy (since male Corrin can't do it). I love Arthur as a love interest because he's not as pretty as the more popular choices (whether you're F!Corrin or shipping with M!Corrin), which leaves room for a lot of insecurities and heartache. Nothing at all against guys like Kaze or Laslow (I love them all), but who picks Arthur over either of them for a love interest? :( Points for Fates being a great canvas for fanfiction.

And you know what they say about those that smile the brightest.

Arthur came off as gimmicky for a second (he also reminded me of Captain Falcon), but his English voice actor helped me to fall madly in love with him. Plus the writing behind him is super sweet and perfect for his character. He talks about his luck often, but its integrated into his day-to-day adventures. 

So you see, I may or may not like Arthur. :)

Who else likes/loves him? What are the best supports for Arthur? Why don't you like him? Do you ship him with male Corrin like I do, or female Corrin?

2 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I put him with Beruka to explain Percy ending up as a wyvern rider. Wyvern riders are my favorite! So Arthur, or at least his son, has that going for him.

Thank you for pairing him with someone that brought some good into his life. I read that some Arthur supports are just bad and Beruka doesn't seem like one of them. :)

Arthur x Effie Forever!  Seems like a the most canon pairing for both of them.

Gameplay wise, its a monstrous pairing for both.  Berseker Arthur gives insane boosts, turning Effie into the Pink Angel of Death.  Percy turns out amazing in the process!

I too enjoy hearing about the subtle distinctions between justice and revenge. His confession scene is also pretty incredible. (ArthurxBeruka OTP tho)

Gameplay wise: As a lead he's a Be, has the highest natural axe rank at any given point alongside +16 stack luna if he takes a wyvfu or +13 luna off Mozu so he has gaurenteed bosskilling stats for ch28, and Percy is on par with if not better than Corrin!Dwyer. A+ supports with Niles/Doge and gaurenteed Be on his waifu ensure doubling speed and big damage/bulk forever. As a support... he's a Be with good A options, a unique aura, a natural +1 move reclass, and perfect avalibility.

15 minutes ago, joshcja said:

His confession scene is also pretty incredible. (ArthurxBeruka OTP tho)

I have to admit that was pretty good!  The mystery third assassin and Beruka's laugh gave the support nice flavor.

Even though I've never shipped them in my files, I find the Arthur x Azura support a very good one.  This sort of deviates from Arthur's usual conversations regarding justice and bad luck,  and focuses on his history with Azura when they were kids.  This gives us a deeper insight into both their characters outside their usual gimmicks.  Plus the confession scene was so cute and sweet, that it had me laughing and crying at the same time!

My OTP for Beruka is Saizo, just for that God-like C-conversation!

Beruka x Benny shipper here--so no--I can't get on board with Arthur x Beruka. 

Personality wise, Arthur x Felicia seems like it should be a thing because they can be clumsy idiots together.

Arthur x Nyx too, due to the whole thing about how Arthur's so-called "bad luck" is very likely a curse that someone put on him. And Arthur being the idealistic, happy-go-lucky fellow that he is despite being doomed to this cursed existence is something that Nyx would very obviously be fascinated by  + form a foundation for those 2 to develop a deeper relationship.

Now from a gameplay perspective both those pairings are of course shit--Percy does not want a magical mom, and Arthur doesn't want to be buffing or be buffed by units greared towards magic instead of strength.  

Arthur x Effie is the golden gameplay pairing, and it makes pretty good sense charactr and storywise that they would wind up together.

All other things being equal--if it wasn't such a shit game move--I think I would probably prefer Arthur x Felicia or Arthur x Nyx from a purely character-driven standpoint. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

2 hours ago, anniec8711 said:

I have to admit that was pretty good!  The mystery third assassin and Beruka's laugh gave the support nice flavor.

Even though I've never shipped them in my files, I find the Arthur x Azura support a very good one.  This sort of deviates from Arthur's usual conversations regarding justice and bad luck,  and focuses on his history with Azura when they were kids.  This gives us a deeper insight into both their characters outside their usual gimmicks.  Plus the confession scene was so cute and sweet, that it had me laughing and crying at the same time!

My OTP for Beruka is Saizo, just for that God-like C-conversation!

I caught a glimpse of Arthur's and Azura's past myself. :) I'm not entirely sold on Azura, but I do love their past, how Arthur's been a defender of justice since childhood, and how she has him talking about something other than the usual topics. I would pair them just to see the much-loved S support conversation, as I've read from quite a few people that it's one of the very best in Fates.

29 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Beruka x Benny shipper here--so no--I can't get on board with Arthur x Beruka. 

Personality wise, Arthur x Felicia seems like it should be a thing because they can be clumsy idiots together.

Arhur x Nyx too, due to the whole thing about how Arthur's so-called "bad luck" is very likely a curse that someone put on him. And Arthur being the idealistic, happy-go-lucky fellow that he is despite being doomed to this cursed existence is something that Nyx would very obviously be fascinated by  + form a foundation for those 2 to develop a deeper relationship.

Now from a gameplay perspective both those pairings are of course shit--Percy does not want a magical mom, and Arthur doesn't want to be buffing or be buffed by units greared towards magic instead of strength.  

Arthur x Effie is the golden gameplay pairing, and it makes pretty good sense charactr and storywise that they would wind up together.

All other things being equal--if it wasn't such a shit game move--I think I would probably prefer Arthur x Felicia or Arthur x Nyx from a purely character-driven standpoint. 

I'm more into character-driven standpoints anyways. :) I have Conquest Corrin paired with Arthur in EVERY battle, or at least standing next to him, even though there are probably better partners for my Nohr Noble from a technical standpoint. And Arthur's a beast so there. He's been nailing a lot of crit hits lately too. So I don't care. :)

I think the Arthur x Felicia pairing is cute because they would balance each other perfectly. Uplift each other too. Arthur wouldn't bully her, either.

Him being with Nyx sounds sweet too. I have my Nyx supported by/shipped with Odin (them being Dark Mages by default did it, and him being so theatrical) so she's stuck, but wonderful idea! 

3 hours ago, joshcja said:

I too enjoy hearing about the subtle distinctions between justice and revenge. His confession scene is also pretty incredible. (ArthurxBeruka OTP tho)

Gameplay wise: As a lead he's a Be, has the highest natural axe rank at any given point alongside +16 stack luna if he takes a wyvfu or +13 luna off Mozu so he has gaurenteed bosskilling stats for ch28, and Percy is on par with if not better than Corrin!Dwyer. A+ supports with Niles/Doge and gaurenteed Be on his waifu ensure doubling speed and big damage/bulk forever. As a support... he's a Be with good A options, a unique aura, a natural +1 move reclass, and perfect avalibility.

Isn't that Arthur line the best? 'This was great, but next time let's discuss the subtle differences between justice and vengeance'!

Arthur and Beruka seem like they'd make a pretty solid match, storywise and stat-wise. :)

Now I'm interested in knowing what the worst supports for Arthur are, character-wise mostly. :) this is fun.

28 minutes ago, MoonRose said:

Now I'm interested in knowing what the worst supports for Arthur are, character-wise mostly. :) 

...Interesting. hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Arthur x Peri = Everything about that girl should feel wrong and be offensive to his sense of justice.

Arthur x Elise = Cannot see this as anything more than  purely platonic relationship. And not for nothing--but Effie would murder him.

Arthur x Camilla = Only slightly less batshit than Arthur x Peri.

36 minutes ago, MoonRose said:

I have my Nyx  Elise supported by/shipped with Odin 

You misspelled Elise.

Fixed.