• Celica, Imprisoned Soul
    • Takumi, Wild Card
    • Takumi, Empty Vessel
    • Robin, High Deliverer
    • Robin, Fell Reincarnation
    • Zelgius, Jet-Black General
    • Black Knight, Sinister General

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/2018 at 05:00 AM

10 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Heroes was always been open about spoliers since the beginning. Telling that Julia and Seliph are related in the second banner. But more people complain about their games more being spoiled (ae Tellius). Besides, anyone who didn't already know that Zelgius was BK would have no idea who Zelgius was beforehand anyway or that he was a character that existed.

Well, he is in PoR. Not exactly the most memorable character there, but still. And Seliph and Julia being related is comparable, in that it doesn't reveal anything to someone who hasn't played the game, because they don't have the context that goes along with it.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It spoils whose daughter Lucina is right in her description, and she is a release banner unit. The only spoiler Heroes hasn’t spoilt on arrival is Micaiah.

To be fair, Lucina is even less of a spoiler than Sheik at this point. Can't really fault Heroes on that one.

Edited by Cysx

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Well, he is in PoR. Not exactly the most memorable character there, but still. And Seliph and Julia being related is comparable, in that it doesn't reveal anything to someone who hasn't played the game, because they don't have the context that goes along with it.

From a casual perspective, the Tellius games are some of the least played entries in the series.There are few ways to play the games. It doesn't make much sense to restrict spoilers for characters made more than a decade ago for a few fans.

35 minutes ago, Cysx said:

IS be like: "Our data reveals that there's a strong possibility around 1% of the playerbase didn't pick up on the fact that the alternate form for these four characters are canon, and thus they technically avoided being spoiled major story elements of four different games at once"

"Hm. Well we can't have that, can we?"

I can't really see any of the "bad" counterparts beating the originals here(except for Zelgius perhaps), so eh, not too hot on this one.

Well there's also the castle dialogue from Sigurd and Arvis as well as Ayra's confession who make it painfully obvious who dies in fe4. There's also Ninian's designation as a dragon unit which spoils a portion of blazing sword's story, and the two instances Hector states point blank that he dies around Lilina's time. So it's not like heroes hasn't spoiled story elements prior to this it's been happening since the second banner

Edited by MisfitMiju

1 hour ago, Sylphid said:

Well I was having a hard time picking between regular Robin and a red armor... But then I got two Celicas from one summoning session in the banner. I would call that a pretty clear sign.

@LordFrigid  Sent you a friend request.

Got it! Welcome to the team.

37 minutes ago, MisfitMiju said:

Well there's also the castle dialogue from sigurd and arvis as well as Ayra's confession who make it painfully obvious who dies in fe4. As we Ninian's designation as a dragon unit spoils a portion of blazing sword's story, and the two instances Hector states point blank that he dies around lilina's time. so it's not like heroes hasn't spoiled story elements prior to this it's been happening since the second banner

I mean, all of these are way less direct(except Ninian), or not necessarily problematic(Hector dying is foreshadowed in FE7 and happens very early in 6), but more importantly I didn't mean to imply that it was a first. Mainly that I'm not all that fond of it.

37 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

From a casual perspective, the Tellius games are some of the least played entries in the series.There are few ways to play the games. It doesn't make much sense to restrict spoilers for characters made more than a decade ago for a few fans.

I know about the sales, but I'm pretty sure the Jugdral games as well as potentially FE6 have been played less in the west for fairly obvious reasons. Most importantly, sure it makes absolute sense as a business decision, but it's not all that respectful to the series heritage, and a behavior the likes of which IS has definitively caught heat for in the past.

Edited by Cysx

46 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I can't really see any of the "bad" counterparts beating the originals here(except for Zelgius perhaps), so eh, not too hot on this one.

I'm honestly unsure if BK or Zelgius is the "bad" counterpart at this point... Neither of the ones we've got strikes me as particularly good. It's probably meant to be Zelgius though.

55 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I am going team Celica: Caring Princess. Add me please! Code should be in my signature.

Sent a request!
Anyone in for Team Good Celica feel free to add me once I add my code to my signature.

This was such a boring and predictable theme imo. And it looks like we'll never have that cavalry gauntlet I'd like to see. Sigh...

Well, I'm going Black Knight. He's the only one on this list I care much for. I do like Zelgius, but he's not in his red armor and I still like him as the BK more.

With this though, BK is the first non-summonable character to be in a gauntlet since the Askrs in the very first one, right?

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

With this though, BK is the first non-summonable character to be in a gauntlet since the Askrs in the very first one, right?

Possessed Takumi in this very gauntlet too.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Possessed Takumi in this very gauntlet too.

Oh, right, then they're both the first.

Go Black Knight! If not him, then Zelgius. I'd like to see a Tellius character that's not Ike win one of these things. And a male winner in general that isn't Ike. Since Celica is the only female on this though, there's a pretty good chance of the latter happening too.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Poimagic said:

Who should I go for? Regular Celica, Takumi, Possessed Takumi, Robin, Grima, or Black Knight? Who should I go for?

Robin only robin and if not him be like the grimleal and support master grima

41 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

I'm honestly unsure if BK or Zelgius is the "bad" counterpart at this point... Neither of the ones we've got strikes me as particularly good. It's probably meant to be Zelgius though.

I'm pretty sure Zelgius is the "good" guy, while BK is "bad". Looking at the positioning in the brackets of the gauntlet, and the fact that he is in the banner alongside the pure guys, there is no doubt in my mind that that is the case. While the spot on the banner might be questionable due to the inability to summon Takumi Vessel and BK, the position in the bracket seems pretty clear.

It's hard to choose between them since it's the same character but I think I'll go Zelgius, then BK if BK wins so I'm supporting the same character regardless of the outcome. I imagine Celica will be the favourite for this one.

10 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I'm pretty sure Zelgius is the "good" guy, while BK is "bad". Looking at the positioning in the brackets of the gauntlet, and the fact that he is in the banner alongside the pure guys, there is no doubt in my mind that that is the case. While the spot on the banner might be questionable due to the inability to summon Takumi Vessel and BK, the position in the bracket seems pretty clear.

I can agree that it's arguable outside of that though. If we were to consider the two as different entities, then the Black knight would probably have to be the executant, with Zelgius being the decision maker, or something. And since as far as I know,

Spoiler

killing Greil wasn't an order, but something he chose to do

it's difficult to consider Zelgius as the good guy. Then again, he seemed to be a decent person in the past, before taking on the black knight mantle. Also, until the moment we learn about his secret identity, he appears as a heroic and respectable general. It's complicated really.

I think I will go BK and I will put C!Robin as my lead so people can have a blue and armor march, but I could put H!Henry if needed.  My friend's code is 6148672165 user name is Rain I currently have Lyon as my lead but I will change that out later today.

2 minutes ago, Cysx said:

It's complicated really.

Zelgius appears as a heroic and respectable general, the Black Knight appears as a murderer and The Enemy™.
RD’s plot or spoilers don’t really matter here.

8 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I’ll be joining Fallen Takumi for this one. It’s a good thing VG adjusts to whatever level your unit is because I probably won’t have Takumi at 5* and built by the time it starts.

edit: @ZeManaphy sent you a request. Currently have Serra as the lead

Y̶o̶u̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶i̶n̶e̶a̶p̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶m̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶B̶e̶t̶r̶a̶y̶a̶l̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶T̶a̶c̶o̶ ̶p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶e̶

To be fair, having a meme associated with a character doesn’t really take away what makes them interesting but it is tiring to consistently see it brought up whenever said character is involved.

Added you.

27 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Zelgius appears as a heroic and respectable general, the Black Knight appears as a murderer and The Enemy™.
RD’s plot or spoilers don’t really matter here.

It is Zelgius in the BK armor we're talking about though.

Probably not, but I just ranted about spoilers, so I figured...