How to beat Conquest chapter 10 on Normal mode?

Erik-a

I'm becoming so frustrated with this chapter that I had to take a break from Conquest for a little while. I don't know how I'm supposed to beat this, does anyone have any tips?

It's been over a year since I last played Conquest so my advice won't be that specific, but here's what I can recommend based on memory.

• Use chokepoints: Effie does a great job of holding the front line and if you play your cards right, you may be able to delay or avoid breaking any more of the front wall.
  • Mind the Ninjas: It's easy to forget that some of the units who go for the front wall are Ninjas with 1-2 range weapons. Though this can be used to your advantage; sometimes they'll move right up the wall to attack whoever is behind it and you block 1 range enemies from trying to break the wall down.
  • Use the reinforcements: Regardless if you plan to use Selena, Beruka, and Camilla later on in the game, using them now is helpful. I find that Selena and Beruka are capable of handling the left side for a while and Camilla is a great unit for dealing with enemies who aren't in range of your other units.
  • Don't be greedy: Try to get what items you can, but you're better off leaving them behind if going for them puts you in a bad spot. Same goes for killing Oboro, Hinata, and Takumi; they may offer great experience, but provoking may be too much to handle.
  • Retreat: So long as no enemy reaches the area you're protecting and no unit will die on the enemy phase, go ahead and surround the area you're defending, making it impossible for the enemy to reach. Helpful on the last turn when the water is gone. In general, give up the natural barriers if you feel you're going to be overrun.
  • Use long-range options sparingly: They're helpful for supporting the units who do most of the fighting, but if you have a magic-user who could do more help if they leave the magic orb and attack directly for a turn, do so.

That's the best I've got from memory. If you're on Normal, the enemy amount and levels should be manageable.

Camilla's really good, stat-wise.  She can chase the archers, though you'll want to pair her up if you do that (partially for stat boost, and partially so that she can trade-swig Vulneraries).  Niles is good on this map due to the sheer number of flying things.  He can man the ballista for a turn, then Azura can dance for him, and he can shoot something else.  Your servant will most likely be used to heal people.  The Gravity staff can be used to slow down the fliers, who IMO are the biggest obstacle here.  Try to snag the Dual Club on the way out.

That's bits of what I remember on Hard.  This map is meant to be a challenge.  Good luck!

Play VERY aggresively

Like aggro the fuck out of the map. Rush through the bottom, crush the east and west, quickly seals off the edge of the map making controlling the reinforcement STUPIDLY easy. The biggest mistake you could make playing chapter 10 is thinking using defensive strategy and chokepoints are a reliable strategy when defensively playing 10 is the hardest thing ever due to Ninjas being designed to punish defensive plays.

a perfectly executed Chapter 10 would kill Takumi before he can use his Water-bending, and in some cases you can even aggro so hard that Camilla arrives when the map is already over but normally Camilla would arrive when the map is still fairly early. Immediately use her to rush through and clean up anything in sight.

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

At first is aggressive playing better than defense and later is the protecting more useful.
If you got Haitaka, use him to defend your lines with rally defense. Elise freeze is very important too and Beruka for cleaning the sky knights , this was what I did in Lunatic.
You can kill Takumi before he is using the dragon vein, I think it would make it better to control.

Generally, I have Effie, Silas, and Arthur at level 10 by this point. Which when that's the case your experience gain PER KILL are similar to that of a promoted unit, and since I don't see the point of gaining exp like a promoted unit without the power of one I'll promote as many as I can. As I'm sure you are aware there is a free Master Seal on the map, and the Staff Shop in your My Castle should have two. What I do is I promote all those at level 10 and obviously it makes things a lot easier. 

Beyond that I like to send Arthur and Niles to the top right to deal with the archers and soldiers, Silas guards the bottom right corner while Effie goes to the bottom left and begins knocking down a portion of the wall. Nyx goes to the magic siege weapon and begins using it on the soldiers and ninjas that should be within range Corrin goes to the top left. Once I have this set up I begin pushing down. If you can kill Takumi before I think it's turn 7 you can prevent the Dragon Vein activation making this map a lot easier. When they join Camilla teams up with Corrin and she can then help him move down a lot faster. Severra I usually send to help Arthur or Effie and Beruka goes to help Silas out.

Note: I'm not trying to tell you how to play or that this is the guarantee way to win, I still have to retry at times. But what I've listed here generally makes things easier and a lot less frustrating. 

The key to this map is:

1) knowing just how far you can expand without over-reaching

2) knowing when to switch from aggro to defense and pull-the-fuck back

In the beginning you want to be pretty aggressive. you can practice area-denial over the main portion of the map between the visitable buildings--killing anythng that gets too close--while also sending out your strongest units to engage and preemptively kill enemies before they advance into your control zone.

The map will eventually reach a point however--after Takumi activates his dragon vein--where you will be overwhelmed if you try to play too aggressively, and need to start ceding territory.

By the final turn you should be doing nothing but holding the line at the northern guard-point.  

_______

I'm seeing some good general tips in this thread here.

Yes...do not be afraid to overuse Camilla on this chapter. Camilla is your panic button. When Camilla on her own is enough to deal with something, you can reallocate the rest of your manpower accordingly.

Yes...this is a very good map to bust out Elise's freeze stave. It goes a long way towards helping you survive the enemy's rush to the guard-point on those final turns.

Yes...have Niles man the ballista for one turn and ONLY one turn, then have Azura dance him to safety before the ninjas get a chance to hit him on enemy phase.

-------

One that I haven't heard yet but that always helped me out here:  this is a really good map to pair corrin up with his/her starting maid, equip the dragonstone, and use the avatar as a frontline tank with those dragonstone + special pair-up buffs. 

Between the defensive bonuses from the maid pair-up skill and the dragonstone, corrin will be able to function as a very sturdy tank and take some of the frontline pressure off of effie. 

Also: be very careful with where you position elise, as you're early enough in the game where the +1/+3 bonus from her personal skill is HUGE, and will greatly enhance the survivability of any unit that plays around it.  

Finally: be mindful of Azura's role on this map. With so much going on in so many different places on this map, being able to quickly move your strongest units from areas where the threat has been quelled to areas where you're still in the thick of the action is very important.

Azura assists greatly in that role.  Generally, she should be one of the last units you move on your turn. After you see how that turn has played out and what the state of the map is looking like, before you pass to enemy phase.

The more you plan your turns out the more use you get out of a dancer, and that is especially true here. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

12 hours ago, Erik-a said:

I'm becoming so frustrated with this chapter that I had to take a break from Conquest for a little while. I don't know how I'm supposed to beat this, does anyone have any tips?

Just buff up and bumrush the spawns. Ignore the NE archers till Cam and frens show up. The chokepoints are a joke and so are the seige weapons after turn 1.

You can pretty much wipe the map in 3 turns and just sit back farming exp and visiting villages for loot swag once you get used to it. (On lunatic, never played normal tbh)

I like to leave taco alive until he uses his DV to make cleaning up the last few waves easier.

Edited by joshcja

I've seen some good stuff, but I din't think I've seen this one:

Use tonics. +5 HP and +2 Defense can make a big difference.

Other advice: 

-Bring an Iron Axe for Camilla

-Play aggressive for the first part, but start pulling back once the Dragon Vein is used

-Avoid Oboro unless you can one-round her, else whoever faces her will be all but useless for a good while

-Mind the Ninjas and Spear Fighters - some of the latter have Seal Defence (the aforementioned Oboro has this as well as Seal Strength)

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I've only played that chapter on harder difficulties and am not sure how normal is, and everyone else has already said a lot so my 2 cents is to just not pair-up units that much in this chapter. Unlike awakening this game punishes you for pairing up to many units and you need enough units to kill everyone before they pile up, especially ninjas.

Also abuse maid/butler and Elise skills, they reduce a lot of damage together, just mind the ninjas when you put them close to your chokeholders.

i completed it on my second try, so heres my tips

1. USE CAMILLA

2. bait out enemies with effie

3.do not go that far away from the green spots. if you do, once the dragon vein is activated, you will get crushed by flying units

thats all i think :KnollRoll:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________