Illusory Dungeon!

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the game rather strongly suggests playing with audio, I'm guessing this is a no-go while I'm at work. I'll try it out when I get home, though as a powergamer I suspect I'll play most of it on the easy setting. I'll take my 1-20 levelling team of Horse Lilina along with level 1 3* Fir, Florina and Matthew.

I've been rotating around my various teams, so I don't get sick of hearing the same set of quotes over again. I do rather like using Genny though, because I finally get to hear her critical quotes outside of the catalog.

I did initially think, "Man, these stages are too short, and it's a bit too simple," but man, they really crank it up in the step from normal to hard. I do wish there was a bit more variety instead of just going through the same song with different patterns, but for now I'm enjoying it.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Since the game rather strongly suggests playing with audio, I'm guessing this is a no-go while I'm at work. I'll try it out when I get home, though as a powergamer I suspect I'll play most of it on the easy setting. I'll take my 1-20 levelling team of Horse Lilina along with level 1 3* Fir, Florina and Matthew.

You don't get EXP or SP from this mode, so you don't actually have to bring people you're trying to level up or something. I just brought my favourites in.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Who I need to boot: L'Arachel and Titania.  Their lines are too long.

I'm having more issues with Casual than anything.  Dunno why.

Maybe since you have to tap the same button for different lines quickly, you can get muddled up?

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You don't get EXP or SP from this mode, so you don't actually have to bring people you're trying to level up or something. I just brought my favourites in.

Heh, well I'll probably do it anyway since my 10 teams are populated at the moment and I'm not going to make a specific team just for tapdancing. Besides, only in hindsight have I noticed that levelling team is fittingly all-Elibe.

The positive is that it's something you can do when you're out of stamina (and it's not arena assault). Well, until you've completed it.

The negative is the same as before. It's just...not Fire Emblem. I'll get the rewards (they're simple enough), but they could have done better than this.

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I swear some notes are off-beat.

I've seen eighth notes.  It's intentional.

3 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

I did the first boss on Hard-Casual, and it was actually challenging. Expert may take some time and practice!

Was the first boss

Reveal hidden contents

for everyone else too?

Yes.  I'm also an idiot that set it to the absolute hardest on a sight read.  Don't do what I did, unless you really hate yourself.

Just now, Coolmanio said:

I did the first boss on Hard-Casual, and it was actually challenging. Expert may take some time and practice!

Was the first boss

Reveal hidden contents

Bartre

for everyone else too?

I got the same boss as well. I tried Hard-Expert on a boss floor and it was pure chaos. How is S-rank even possible on this mode?

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yes.  I'm also an idiot that set it to the absolute hardest on a sight read.  Don't do what I did, unless you really hate yourself.

3 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

I got the same boss as well. I tried Hard-Expert on a boss floor and it was pure chaos. How is S-rank even possible on this mode?

Rhythm games, at the higher difficulties, don't actually expect you to perfect levels by sight reading, but memorization. Keep at it!

So, this mode is actually kind of fun.

I just wish there were incentives to go back and play the levels to get 'S' rankings. Since you get the sole reward from simply completing it, there really is no reason to S rank every level.

Maybe they will add quests in the future for S ranks?

I love how my Cherami Leigh Emblem is so neatly colour-coordinated:

Screenshot_20180209_145237.png

Both tapping modes seem fine to me yet. Hard mode is a whole different thing.
Different enemies with different movement speed appear, and they also appear in bunches of two and three at the same time… on the first stage. Oh boy.

13 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Get the timing down, then follow the music.

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Rhythm games, at the higher difficulties, don't actually expect you to perfect levels by sight reading, but memorization. Keep at it!

I'm a IIDX player.  The units move too slowly for my tastes. Where's my high-speed mode?!

Or a random mode, that scrambles the lines.  Mmmmm. . .

I'm a IIDX player.  The units move too slowly for my tastes. Where's my high-speed mode?!

Fliers going everywhere! That would be pretty dumb. The boss segment is annoying enough to S rank as is on Hard Expert.

10 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

So, this mode is actually kind of fun.

I just wish there were incentives to go back and play the levels to get 'S' rankings. Since you get the sole reward from simply completing it, there really is no reason to S rank every level.

Maybe they will add quests in the future for S ranks?

Eh, I really wouldn't like that to be honest, at least if it's any reward that gives any material advantage to the core FEH gameplay. Strategy I can do, reflexes not so much, and I hate to think that I might miss out on stuff like orbs because I don't have the ability or patience to keep at this indefinitely (especially since it's not a permanent mode). Maybe some sort of leaderboard for people to compete in would be adequate, but I'm not sure if there's enough tracking of accuracy to split people who are both at S rank.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Fliers going everywhere! That would be pretty dumb. The boss segment is annoying enough to S rank as is on Hard Expert.

I play by completely ignoring everything that isn't a flashing square.  The fliers mean nothing!

12 minutes ago, Florete said:

The positive is that it's something you can do when you're out of stamina (and it's not arena assault). Well, until you've completed it.

The negative is the same as before. It's just...not Fire Emblem. I'll get the rewards (they're simple enough), but they could have done better than this.

I mean, it's not like a small side mode that doesn't utilize Fire Emblem-esque gameplay in an FE mobile game is really that bad for such a reason. It's just sorta different, that's all. I, for one, am content with tapping to the beat. Always had an interest in the inner workings of music. :P

Get the timing down, then follow the music.

I'm getting flashbacks of videos of people playing DDR and other arcade rhythm games moving their respective body parts swiftly to high-difficulty modes as the icons to press on screen pop up as swift as fastballs hearing you talk about that. :P

Just now, eclipse said:

I play by completely ignoring everything that isn't a flashing square.  The fliers mean nothing!

I'd like to do that too, except the fliers block the lines when they move, so they can block other units that are moving...

This would be so much easier if I could turn it sideways and play with both hands.

Just now, NoirCore said:

I'm getting flashbacks of videos of people playing DDR and other arcade rhythm games moving their respective body parts swiftly to high-difficulty modes as the icons to press on screen pop up as swift as fastballs hearing you talk about that. :P

Why yes, I play DDR too!  But the difficulty on DDR is more stamina-based than IIDX, which is. . .well. . .

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'd like to do that too, except the fliers block the lines when they move, so they can block other units that are moving...

This would be so much easier if I could turn it sideways and play with both hands.

Put the device down!  Unless you're on emulator.

Finished for now, didnt get perfect on all but I don't think theres orbs so meh. It's pretty fun. Hope we get different music each day. I started rotating between my teams and finally just went with Roy, Lilina, Klein, and Cecilia in the final few rounds.