Illusory Dungeon!

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright. Gave this mode a go and thought it was pretty okay. I've already beaten all casual stages on normal and hard and gotten S-rank on each of them (except floors 36-40 on hard). Not willing to try expert at the moment cause I'll get wrecked.

The difficulty can be quite challenging as it can easily throw you off if you don't pay close attention, even if you try to memorize the patterns. That surprised me, but it certainly made this mode more fun than I anticipated.

Don't have much to say about boss battles. They're just cool. That's all.

However, on casual mode, I don't like how the tap button is only at the bottom. I rather tap anywhere on the screen. I screwed up several times because I was too focused and my finger ended up slowly slipping away from the button.

Also was hoping for a change in music after clearing every 20 floors, but was disappointed instead.

@eclipse I tried, but the positioning is awkward. My left finger goes too much to the left when I tap the top line.

Just now, Falcom said:

However, on casual mode, I don't like how the tap button is only at the bottom. I rather tap anywhere on the screen.

That's what Expert is!

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That's what Expert is!

But this is casual mode. I know that won't be an issue in expert. Oh well, it's just a minor issue that I can live with.

Also, this mode seriously reminds me of Taiko no Tatsujin. Holy crap.

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@eclipse I tried, but the positioning is awkward. My left finger goes too much to the left when I tap the top line.

Finger positioning > memorization, at least with IIDX.  Try using your thumbs on the bottom line!

This mode is a lot more fun than I thought. Cleared both difficulties on casual, just need to do expert.

I just mostly bring my favorites and sometimes switch to another.

Spoiler

qr6sE2B.png

MdrRPpq.png

I LOVE this mode. 

I'm going to do a Singers/Dancers team with Shigure, Axura, Skyzura and Performing Olivia. Or may be normal Olivia instead of Skyzura.

I think we get new tracks each day, so that'll be fun. And orbs as well, although I wish there was more orb rewards (I bneed them :()

I like that there's no need for stamina. Very refreshing mode, too bad it's limited by time

Damn, I thought I would like it, but I don't. It just makes me crave for another Elite Beat Agents. It mostly has to do with how uncomfortable playing it is on my phone. I'm actually surprised, but I think I'll just half-ass the entire thing (also hearing the same soundtrack numerous times is boring).

The ranks have no meaning whatsoever, I hope? Probably a tool for IS to see overall enthusiasm for the mode?

11 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

The ranks have no meaning whatsoever, I hope? Probably a tool for IS to see overall enthusiasm for the mode?

Bragging rights, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Metakirby said:

There is no rewards besides the easy one? 

Both difficulties give the same reward, yeah.

This mode was a lot of fun and I  looking forward to the map tommorow, beat them all on expert hard, the last map was brutal.

Also Genny is my new favourite unit because of this mode 

Edited by Mackc2

Been playing Uta no Prince Sama a lot recently, but can't play it past normal mode as I have no rhythm in me whatsoever. Hoping that will put me in good stead for this, still xD

I only had a quick go as had work. Can't even seem to S rank normal mode, annoyingly, but oh well. I really enjoy this - it's a light hearted break and it doesn't take anything away from the game (stamina, etc).

I'd like to see more fun things like this in the future, although I do want the core focus to remain on the actual Fire Emblem gameplay overall.

I quite love it, but on casual it's just so slow, it's even harder for me to S-rank them than on hard - though I haven't cleared everythin on expert yet, since the lack of rewards is kind of discourageing, but whatever, it's fun by itself, so I'm gonna try and do my best :D

Funner than I expected. It's a nice little mode and time killer even on a computer. I kind of wish there had been rewards for clearing the higher difficulties but that probably would have been counter-productive to it's casual nature and I'm probably just being greedy anyways. I don't mind it. When I get a new phone I'll probably try the harder difficulties as I like games like this when I can play them properly.

Did the deed with my main team of Matthew/Inigo/Ayra/Genny but everyone kept going to Inigo and his quotes are the worst of the bunch so I'll probably go Eliwood/Hector/Lyn/Matthew for the old school next time.

Cheers~

I ironically have an easier time S ranking on expert hard as opposed to casual hard. Casual hard seems pretty strict on when you have to press the button because otherwise it just flat out doesn’t accept the input.

No rewards on harder difficulties is a bummer but maybe IS didn’t want to lock rewards up behind them because some people might find it too difficult?

Kinda wish there was more music variety but I suppose later floors will fix that.

On 09/02/2018 at 5:56 AM, Glennstavos said:

It's weird fielding units that are ranged and having them attack at point blank. F!Robin just throws out her hand and the enemies get force pushed away.

Robitch Slap.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Tried Hard.

Probably might switch to expert because it might be easier to predict hits. Not that I care unless it turns out getting S rank matters.

Also, Roy's Journey sucks and I'm miffed that I had to listen to it for 40 floors.

3 hours ago, Fei Mao said:

Hide contents

qr6sE2B.png

You need to get Catria and Setsuna in there.

I found this to be quite relaxing, especially as you don't need to be perfect to get the rewards.

It's a meh time waster. I got mostly A and S ranks playing on a bus with the sound off, contrary to your claims, it's really not that interesting. Eventually I just decided I didn't give a shit anymore and just kept tapping. I still got my free orb, what's the score matter?

Who am I bringing in? Genny, Bartre, Tana and Sigurd. Gonna do it later with a team of one and two star units.

INCGJl0.jpg

Currently using this team. B!Ike does a cool axe spin, Arvis swings his hand down to smack everyone, Lucius holds his staff out, and Berkut attacks normally.

I'm liking this mode more than I thought I would. It's just a fun little thing to do for easy rewards. I want more levels, and i wish hard mode had separate rewards.

Edited by Lord_Grima