Illusory Dungeon!

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This mode is fun and I am glad that earning all rewards is easy.  I am not very good at games like this so easy is about all I can do well.  I am using my infantry team right now which is B!Ike, Leon, Joshua and Lukas.  I may switch to my armor team tomorrow.  

I really like the new mode and I'm kind of sad it's only temporary. I do wish that they used different music every couple of floors and since they seem focused on Binding Blade that they use the Binding Blade boss theme for the boss battles. Despite this I get the feeling this mode will probably come back using different games as a focus.

Also my team are just units I randomly decided to train; Roy (pretty fitting I guess), Marth, Sanaki, and Fae.

Edited by Modamy
Forgot to add something

7 hours ago, Baldrick said:

You need to get Catria and Setsuna in there.

I found this to be quite relaxing, especially as you don't need to be perfect to get the rewards.

I would, if I were playing with the ENG Voices.

I'm so glad this mode exists.  My only problems are an obvious lack of song variety and no rewards for playing all difficulties, but knowing IntSys they'll probably improve on it.  I'm not the best at rhythm games so Hard is a really good challenge for me, and I'm going for 100% completion.  My current team is Roy, Sophia, Fae and Shanna.

I kind of wish it were a bit longer, and that it didn't play the same song every time, but aside from that, it's a nice time waster I guess.
It's the best (and cheapest) way to use my favorite characters (my current favorites of each color being VL!Ike, PA!Azura, Nephenee and Genny) as well as acting as a slight catharsis factor for bumping off the excess of swordies that apparently infinitely plague the vast expanses of the FE-verse.

Casual was laughably easy. I'll probably get to Hard eventually, reward incentive or not.

I will say that I'm really curious as to what the full completion reward is. It could have just been said for hype's sake, but the mystery in it is still intriguing.

21 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

From the fact that it's called Illusory Dungeon and utilizes music...... How much you wanna bet they're alluding to Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE? A nice little nod to the lesser spin-off.

That seems to be the closest they'll be able to allude that game for now. You know? Thanks to your comment, I'm starting to think the reward MAY be one mirage versions of the characters, the main protagonist as Marth, or Medeus, alluding his role as the final boss from that game. Regardless, I hope the reward is something that's worth our while

As someone who dislikes real time elements in game that don't normaly have them. I LOVE how this mode was implemented. You can get all rewards on the easiest difficulty, (and there are enough visual ques that you can play with the sound off, which is great in a mobile environment). THis means that I am not punished for not being good at something that has nothing to do with core game-play, or for using my mobile phonee the sorts of places people generally use mobile phones.

I love to idea. Not only that, the boss ideas can Be really interesting. A Lyn/Mia/Ayra boss fight could have them use speed clones to distract you when they attack. A Leo boss fight could have him occasionally attack from a range, in which you need to tap in time to protect your self. 

39 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm glad to see so much positivity for it here. Sure there's room for improvement but it's a nice little fun mode. :D

Sadly, the Heroes page on GameFaqs is trying to tear it a new one. Sometimes I wonder why I even go there..

It's like reading the comments on YouTube. A terrible idea, but I still do it from time to time.

3 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

From the fact that it's called Illusory Dungeon and utilizes music...... How much you wanna bet they're alluding to Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE? A nice little nod to the lesser spin-off.

I'd like more than just a hint, I'd like an actual banner. IS just needs to understand that one double banner + TT + GHB, and they could sweep TMS under the rug for good.

Well technically, they could do more with it, but I'd be satisfied with just Itsuki-Tsubaba-Touma. Kiria-Eleonora-Mamori, Utaloid Tiki, and Yashiro. Few would ask for Barry or Maiko, or the Mirages by themselves; although the playable 7 already have swimsuits and other ridiculous costumes in case they wanted to Seasonalize them.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

It's like reading the comments on YouTube. A terrible idea, but I still do it from time to time.

Same here. But I'm not going to say much more since the mods don't exactly approve of other website criticizing from one instance I recall.

Admittedly some games do have chill fanbases, Etrian Odyssey and Kirby fans rarely get into a fury.

I'm slowly getting S ranks on hard. I started with Eirika Emblem yesterday but today I felt like changing it a bit so I went with Nino, PA!Olivia, Eirika and Micaiah for the new maps. I got S on my first try on normal and that's good! Now to keep trying on hard.

One Who Carves a New History Those Who Dare to Change History (thanks Hero for making me check the official name!) from New Mystery is today’s BGM. Much better than Roy’s Journey, if you ask me.

Eremiah and Krises when? I’m doing the stages with Marth, Katarina, Clarisse, and Legion instead.

Edited by Vaximillian

Nintendo had to go and make my life difficult working on the FE12 translation update. *sigh*. At least the officially localized title (Those Who Dare to Change History) makes a lot more sense for the name of the 7th Platoon's theme, given that they are indeed a group rather than a single individual.

unknown.png
But the "to" is too much to fit in there. =L I can squeeze most of it in, at least.

Ranting aside...

I don't have Luke yet, and Ryan and Cecil aren't in the game yet, so for my 7th Platoon loadout I had to get a bit creative with what I had.

image.png

Katarina and Roderick are obvious choices here, but due to the above facts that Ryan and Cecil are not in the game yet and I lack Luke, Gordin is here to stand in for his brother. Gordin can ally with the platoon during the prologue chapters anyway, if you fight Jeorge. As for the missing cavalier, Cain is filling in here, since Cain acts as the instructor of the trainee platoons of Altea.

I contemplated going with Katarina/Legion/Clarisse/Athena (due to the Three Assassins DLC map in FE12), but this song isn't really a theme of the assassins; that would be something like Murderous Puppets if they ever use that map theme. Those Who Dare to Change History is all about the friendship and companionship of the 7th Platoon, a companionship and friendship that exists even long after Katarina betrays them, so the loadout was modeled after the 7th Platoon rather than the assassins; with Gordin standing in for his younger brother and Cain acting as their instructor.

As a side note, I was really surprised to see Hawkeye as the boss of this map instead of Katarina. Bartre and Fir fit with the theme of Beyond Distant Skies - Roy's Departure (another localized name, albeit inconsistent with the fact "Roy's Departure"'s Japanese name parallels "Marth Embarks" and it should have really been "Roy Embarks"...), so I was expecting Katarina to be the boss here to fit the theme of Those Who Dare to Change History.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

10 hours ago, Midnox said:

That seems to be the closest they'll be able to allude that game for now. You know? Thanks to your comment, I'm starting to think the reward MAY be one mirage versions of the characters, the main protagonist as Marth, or Medeus, alluding his role as the final boss from that game. Regardless, I hope the reward is something that's worth our while

Singer Tiki would be the best reward ever.  Loli emblem could use a refresher unit.