Ryoma Butler

Narwhy

You need to have him marry a Maid of course. If you want it done on one playthrough, you'll have to play Revelations. Since Felicia is the only avilable Maid on Birthright. On Revelations you can have him marry Elise too. Alternatively, you could make Corrin's secondary class a Traoubador to give any male in the game the Butler class. But since you say you've already made Corrin a Butler, I can only assume you have Male!Corrin.

Yes. I believe any character in the game can have access to any non special class (by that I mean Nohr Noble/Ninetails etc). If they can't get it from any buddy sets or marriage sets normally, then they can get it by marrying Corrin who has picked the right sub class. From Ryoma you don't even need to have him marry Corirn though, as he can marry Elise or Felicia to get access to the Butler class using a Heart Seal.

Edit: Ah, I see you said impossible, not possible. Ignore me repeating myself.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Narwhy said:

so its impossible?

I presume this means you've already married Felicia to someone...

Lemme reiterate and point out a few things.

• Ryoma can only gain Butler from marriage, either to Felicia, Elise, or an avatar with Troubadour as her talent.
  • Takumi can employ the same method as Ryoma, but also has the option to Friendship Seal with Jakob... except if he's already got A+ support rank with someone else.
  • Corrin can Friendship Seal with any same-sex unit besides Niles and Rhajat, and can do so with as many different people and as many times as you wish as long as Corrin has an A-rank in supports with whichever characters have the classes you want Corrin to reclass into.

Basically, Ryoma's screwed if Felicia is already married and if either A) this is Birthright you're playing or B) Elise is also married.  And if you had either of those girls married to Corrin or Takumi, you needlessly surrendered a potential option for Ryoma to a unit that has other options for going Butler.

Edited by Ertrick36

3 minutes ago, Narwhy said:

btw he leaves his hair untied 

an army of butlers is cool. they lift their staves in harmony.

if you marry jacob+azura and heart seal their children you have two more butlers

ryoma's hair is left free

• 1 year later...

On the topic of reclassing, is there a way to get any unit to any class (that has supports) excluding special classes? If you want a skill on a unit, do you have to get it from the logbook or is there an easy way outside of A+ and S supports that I don't know of?

On 2/9/2018 at 2:09 PM, Jotari said:

You need to have him marry a Maid of course. If you want it done on one playthrough, you'll have to play Revelations. Since Felicia is the only avilable Maid on Birthright. On Revelations you can have him marry Elise too. Alternatively, you could make Corrin's secondary class a Traoubador to give any male in the game the Butler class. But since you say you've already made Corrin a Butler, I can only assume you have Male!Corrin.

I didn't know about talents at the time, I'll try it out.

If you marry Corrin with troubadour to someone, thats a bonus character with troubadour. Maybe later I'll try to create some other mono armies (Probably gonna be terrible tho)