SERENES POKEMON DRAFT LEAGUE: Sign-Up Thread

Shoblongoo

Just wanted to note since the draft thread stated round 1 was for OU pokemon, I know some leagues allow you to draft in any order(picking what you think is the best UU pokemon early on while others pick OU mons in order to make sure you secure it, at the risk of possibly getting worse OU mons overall as an example)

Will this be disallowed or am I misinterpreting the wording of the draft thread?

1 hour ago, Ether said:

Just wanted to note since the draft thread stated round 1 was for OU pokemon, I know some leagues allow you to draft in any order(picking what you think is the best UU pokemon early on while others pick OU mons in order to make sure you secure it, at the risk of possibly getting worse OU mons overall as an example)

Will this be disallowed or am I misinterpreting the wording of the draft thread?

You can. I wouldn't recommend it.

You know what no--that's a terrible idea.

That essentially lets any player toward the end of a round grab the unfair advantage of turning their last pick into a first pick. And rob the players at the head of the next round of their first picks.

Draft only Pokemmon from the tiers being drafted--no skipping ahead.

Thats the rule.

Edited by Shoblongoo

So regarding the Mega Evolution vs regular forms, they are considered one pick if they are in the same tier, but what if they are in the same drafting bracket but not necessarily the same tier? As an example, say a mega evolution was UU, but the regular form was in BL2? They are both in the UU draft bracket, so would they still be considered a singular pick? Or would they be separated since they aren't technically in the same tier?

7 minutes ago, Ether said:

So regarding the Mega Evolution vs regular forms, they are considered one pick if they are in the same tier, but what if they are in the same drafting bracket but not necessarily the same tier? As an example, say a mega evolution was UU, but the regular form was in BL2? They are both in the UU draft bracket, so would they still be considered a singular pick? Or would they be separated since they aren't technically in the same tier?

Treat them the same if they're in the same draft pool. 

For the rest of the tiers I think the only thing that actually affects is Sharpedo.

Edited by Shoblongoo

3 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Treat them the same if they're in the same draft pool. 

For the rest of the tiers I think the only thing that actually affects is Sharpedo.

Alright, thank you for clarifying. Also just as a QoL, I would suggest noting any Pokemon for which the Mega and regular are drafted together, notating them as such. As an example, I just drafted Latios, so noting it as (Mega) Latios or something similar makes in clear from the outset what is and isn't available.

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

Alright, thank you for clarifying. Also just as a QoL, I would suggest noting any Pokemon for which the Mega and regular are drafted together, notating them as such. As an example, I just drafted Latios, so noting it as (Mega) Latios or something similar makes in clear from the outset what is and isn't available.

good idea.

I'll do it for Garchomp too

9 minutes ago, Ether said:

With regards to trades, what will be the ruling for free agency trades(undrafted mons)?

You can only trade with players, and you can only trade for whats in their pool

Also: trades must be announced and posted ahead of battles, with opponents given adequate time to prepare. You can't pull a surprise trade without telling anyone and that show up to a match with a Pokemon your opponent didn't know was in your pool.

...for what should be obvious reasons...

Edited by Shoblongoo

11 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

You can only trade with players, and you can only trade for whats in their pool

Also: trades must be announced and posted ahead of battles, with opponents given adequate time to prepare. You can't pull a surprise trade without telling anyone and that show up to a match with a Pokemon your opponent didn't know was in your pool.

...for what should be obvious reasons...

Cool, good to have it clarified. 

• 5 months later...