Games that need a remaster/remake?

Dragoncat

Simple question, what games need remakes?

For me there's only one answer. SPYRO! Crash got his remaster! I would piss myself in happiness if the classic Spyro trilogy originally for PS1 got remakes. And probably cry because it would be on a console that I'd have to buy, and I'm unemployed and living on food stamps and SSI atm.

10 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

SPYRO!

This. So much this.

Anyway, I would also say... the older SRW games. SRW 1 got its remake, so I'd love to see the Classicverse games (2,3,EX,4,F,FF) also get their remakes. And also since they would be more available in the era of no region locks and the like. Well, the PSX remakes are in the region-free PSN already... but since it looks like SRW is finally going to translate their games even if they're sitll only seeling them in East Asia officially, then new remakes English translated and available worldwide.... now that would be something...

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This. So much this.

Anyway, I would also say... the older SRW games. SRW 1 got its remake, so I'd love to see the Classicverse games (2,3,EX,4,F,FF) also get their remakes. And also since they would be more available in the era of no region locks and the like. Well, the PSX remakes are in the region-free PSN already... but since it looks like SRW is finally going to translate their games even if they're sitll only seeling them in East Asia officially, then new remakes English translated and available worldwide.... now that would be something...

*high fives* Spyro was my childhood and the reason I love dragons.

What does SRW stand for?

@Azz 

I swear to god if the original Spyro trilogy don't get a remake in my life time, I will not die peacefully.

Ikr?

Edited by Dragoncat

I swear to god if the original Spyro trilogy don't get a remake in my life time, I will not die peacefully.

FF5. It's honestly a really underrated FF game that IMO, could do well with 3D graphics and voice acting. Right now it's available on IOS/Android, but I hate mobile games. Give me Butz on the PS4 you monsters! FF6 could also do with a 3D remake since like FF5, its most current version is IOS/Android sadly.

3 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

GEN 4 POKEMON GAMES 

They neither need a remake nor a remaster. Besides, two of the fourth generation Pokémon games are already remasters anyway (HeartGold and Soulsilver).

1 minute ago, NinjaMonkey said:

They neither need a remake nor a remaster. Besides, two of the fourth generation Pokémon games are already remasters anyway (HeartGold and Soulsilver).

Sinnoh remakes are next and Game Freak has said they're okay with continuing to remake.

5 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

GEN 

POKEMON

GAMES 

MAKE

IT

PLATINUM HD

Anyways in other games I would like to see a remastered or brought over port, Namco X Capcom (only on ps2 in japan only), Super Robot Wars Endless Frontier + Sequel of the same name but with Exceed (played through part of the first one and was fun enough but the sequel takes it up to 110 instead of 100), Xenosaga episodes I,II, and III. (Hey KOS-MOS is becoming more popular due to Xenoblade 2 so why not), Valkyria Chronicles 3 (Besides getting it in english, the game finally getting graphics better than the psp would make it probably the best in the series due to story tone and most balanced gameplay), and my personal hope/pick, FE12 (I don't care how bad it would be, how low the chances are, I want FE12 remade, literally a english port would be fine, I enjoyed the game too much and constantly say it needs to be better known and liked)

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

What does SRW stand for?

@Azz 

Ikr?

Super Robot Wars, basically imagine kinda the gameplay of FE, but with mechs, a lot more flashy animations, and with more dimensions than three zelda timelines. Also very great music.

1 minute ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Diamond and Pearl specifically

dude those games need to be unshackled Fromm the DS restrictions 

3 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

What does SRW stand for?

Heh, so was mine. Both him and Crash. Come on Activision, we are halfway there already...

Super Robot Wars, they're strategy games like FE, and are basically big mecha anime crossovers. Because of this, copyright and liscencing issues abound to bring them overseas, so they've been Japan or East Asia only. Well, few games have made it over, but only those with pure original stuff with no liscencing issues. However, with the recent lack of region locks in consoles, the games have become more accessible. And now, they've begun to also translate them to English. But again, they still only sell them in Japan, but are still available digitally worldwide thanks to the lack of region locks. So, those old SRW games could now have a wider audience if they get remade, with an English translation, and wider market avaiability. Who knows if it could actually happen, but I can dream.

1 minute ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

MAKE

IT

PLATINUM HD

Anyways in other games I would like to see a remastered or brought over port, Namco X Capcom (only on ps2 in japan only), Super Robot Wars Endless Frontier + Sequel of the same name but with Exceed (played through part of the first one and was fun enough but the sequel takes it up to 110 instead of 100), Xenosaga episodes I,II, and III. (Hey KOS-MOS is becoming more popular due to Xenoblade 2 so why not), Valkyria Chronicles 3 (Besides getting it in english, the game finally getting graphics better than the psp would make it probably the best in the series due to story tone and most balanced gameplay), and my personal hope/pick, FE12 (I don't care how bad it would be, how low the chances are, I want FE12 remade, literally a english port would be fine, I enjoyed the game too much and constantly say it needs to be better known and liked)

Super Robot Wars, basically imagine kinda the gameplay of FE, but with mechs, a lot more flashy animations, and with more dimensions than three zelda timelines. Also very great music.

Ohh I'd love a xenosage remake. I'd be glad to play more Monolith Soft games.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Heh, so was mine. Both him and Crash. Come on Activision, we are halfway there already...

Too bad Shitvision is just milking Skylanders dry...

Oni

Musha

I feel like this was an oversight when they were doing trilogy remasters of PS2 games for PS3. Even Zone of the Enders got an HD collection, so why not Onimusha? 

I also want to see more Yakuza Kiwami remakes, but I feel like there's no need for me to ask when the second one was announced so quickly. Just take less than a year to localize them, yeah? These games weren't released in the US, so it's a good excuse to bring them over. Also, I'd totally play older Dynasty Warriors games if they were remastered. This is the sort of stuff I can't really ignore. I heard they got a release on the Playstation Store as PS2 Classics, but only in Japan, so I'd settle for a US release on that format as well.

And finally, I think Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn would make a killer HD Collection. No need to add new content, just make PoR's GBA Link cable content pre-unlocked and make sure Data Transfer works correctly.

11 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

And finally, I think Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn would make a killer HD Collection. No need to add new content, just make PoR's GBA Link cable content pre-unlocked and make sure Data Transfer works correctly.

I second this and Elibe. Maybe Magvel too.

Edited by Dragoncat

I'm gonna say Vagrant Story.

A remake that was more fast-paced in the vein of Dark Souls would be nice, since it's more or less the game that invented the template. Obviously, it'd keep its own quirks, it's have its own combat system, just something to speed up the process.

Really I just want Square to do ANYTHING with Ivalice aside from just pushing a raid in FFXIV, and some kind of revisiting of Vagrant Story would be perfect.

Dragon Force

Popful Mail

Der Langrisser

Startropics

Panzer Dragoon

The odds are very slim, because SEGA, SRPGs, and too obscure. In my opinion, the games that need remakes more are games that need tweaking, or are wasted potential. Same idea with movies.

Xenogears and the Xenosaga Trilogy. Xenogears is a JRPG masterpiece that's only held back by it's age and i've heard great things about the Xenosaga Trilogy. Both can easily be marketed towards Xenoblade fans since the -blade games are the most popular of the Xeno games and most Xenoblade fans probably haven't played Xenogears and Xenosaga and would likely be very interested in them.

Back in, like, 2012, I wanted Capcom to do a remake of the Resident Evil Outbreak games.  I figured that with the increased availability of online play and the heavy splintering of the fanbase at the time thanks to RE6 receiving a mixed reaction (being hated by mostly the retro fans who hopped on before RE4), it would see much wider success than before.  Six years later and I've mostly dropped it, especially after the success of RE7 and given that they'd probably remake RE2 before they did any of the spin-offs, but if Capcom just randomly decided to bring it back, I certainly wouldn't complain.

I'd like several retro games to be remade for the modern era.  Stuff like original Fallout (the one where you end up killing Master - the creator of the West Coast Super Mutants), older TES games, older FE titles, original Metal Gear (and its sequel), and more.  I want to see how these games would be made on better hardware.

And I know these would be real doozies, but I'd want to see Saints Row 1 and 2 in a remastered collection, Fallout New Vegas with the Fallout 4 gunplay (there's a really cool mod I saw where they've started on that), and FE Fates ported to a home console in the future with all the paths available/reworked (not anything significant; just make it so that you can't immediately jump to Revelation).  Oh, and New Mystery should be made available to us proper, and it should get the same treatment Echoes did.  Again, all these are unlikely except FO NV sorta, but these are the kinds of remakes that'd make me really happy.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Xenogears and the Xenosaga Trilogy.

Those as well.  Except I want them to better polish the disc 2 content of the former game.  It was a shame just how rushed everything suddenly became, though I know it's hard to beat the level of immersion I was experiencing by that point.

Actually, Xenosaga's trilogy was rushed towards the end too, wasn't it?

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Xenogears and the Xenosaga Trilogy. Xenogears is a JRPG masterpiece that's only held back by it's age and i've heard great things about the Xenosaga Trilogy. Both can easily be marketed towards Xenoblade fans since the -blade games are the most popular of the Xeno games and most Xenoblade fans probably haven't played Xenogears and Xenosaga and would likely be very interested in them.

Yes, yes, a million times yes for Xenogears.

Xenogears had a notoriously rushed production so that the team's resources could be put towards Final Fantasy 8 and 9(Same thing happened with this team with Chrono Cross, which is part of why the Xeno/Chrono team left Square to go form Monolith). Omnigears were cut, and 50% of the second disc was recapped through exposition instead of you experiencing the events in full. There's certainly an atmosphere that gets built up as the event leading up to the endgame are treated as these "If only we knew what we were getting into" stories being told in hindsight, but it doesn't really mean anything in the end, and it was clearly just a way for the developers to put in the full story of the game at the expense of the gameplay.

A full on remake that put back in the cut content would be one of my favorite things ever. I just would want whoever wrote Xenoblade 1 over X or 2 to write it instead. There's something subdued about Xenoblade 1 that fits more with the tone of Xenogears than X or 2, which were more anime flavored. Obviously the plot and characters are already established, but the tone could get lost. I know the Xeno games are still Testuya Takahashi's babies, but the tones and contexts have varied wildly.

Also, make the combat more of a traditional JRPG with some brawler/action game elements to reflect combos and Deathblows. I don't think the MMO-lite style of the Xenoblade games would work with Xenogears.

Come on Square. Partner up with Nintendo and make it happen.

I could take or leave Xenosaga.

Edited by Slumber

17 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Except I want them to better polish the disc 2 content of the former game. 

Yeah same. I liked Disc 2 since the story was still fantastic but a remake should definitely polish it and add more gameplay to it.

17 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Actually, Xenosaga's trilogy was rushed towards the end too, wasn't it?

Yep. Xenosaga 2 flopped horribly (and many Xeno fans regard it as the worst Xeno game) so the six part sci-fi epic had to be shortend to three. Ironically, despite Xenosaga 3 actually being 3, 4, 5, and 6 crammed into one, it's still considered one of the best Xeno games and i'm really curious to see why when i get around to playing it.

A Xenosaga Trilogy remake actually seems more likely though. Someone who attended a Namco press event stated that there was no Xenosaga or Dark Souls for Switch shown. But Dark Souls Remastered was revealed a few weeks ago so it's very possible that a Xenosaga Trilogy remaster is in the works. Plus, with KOS-MOS making an appearance as a Rare Blade in Xenoblade 2, i can't help but feel that Namco is up to something.

Edit: @Slumber yeah, as much as i love Xenoblade gameplay, i would definitly prefer a Xenogears remake to stay faithful to it's original gameplay. Hopefully they explain things more though. Benefit of the doubt, i did emulate it so i didn't have the manual but i wouldn't have known how Deathblows worked if someone didn't tell me. Things like actually adding maps in dungeons would help tremendously.

I just would want whoever wrote Xenoblade 1 over X or 2 to write it instead

Takahashi has written all three Xenoblade games.

Edited by Armagon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah same. I liked Disc 2 since the story was still fantastic but a remake should definitely polish it and add more gameplay to it.

Yep. Xenosaga 2 flopped horribly (and many Xeno fans regard it as the worst Xeno game) so the six part sci-fi epic had to be shortend to three. Ironically, despite Xenosaga 3 actually being 3, 4, 5, and 6 crammed into one, it's still considered one of the best Xeno games and i'm really curious to see why when i get around to playing it.

A Xenosaga Trilogy remake actually seems more likely though. Someone who attended a Namco press event stated that there was no Xenosaga or Dark Souls for Switch shown. But Dark Souls Remastered was revealed a few weeks ago so it's very possible that a Xenosaga Trilogy remaster is in the works. Plus, with KOS-MOS making an appearance as a Rare Blade in Xenoblade 2, i can't help but feel that Namco is up to something.

Namco's admirable in that they seem to embrace their franchises, even if they're flops.

Xenosaga was overall a huge flop, but goddamn if KOS-MOS wasn't everywhere for the early-mid 00s, and still shows up frequently enough to this day. I'm sure way more people know of KOS-MOS than the actual games she appeared in.

Edited by Slumber

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Takahashi has written all three Xenoblade games.

He's not the sole writer. He usually has 1 or 2 others working with him, and they vary from game to game. Yes, he's the father of the Xeno games, but he's not the sole writer for any of them.

Though from looking at Wikipedia, 2(Including Takahashi) of the writers are consistent from XC1 to XC2, so it might just be "Oh, they were in entirely different moods when they wrote each game" type of deal.

Edited by Slumber