Target currently selling FE:W Switch at 42$

Jedi

15 hours ago, ToxicDuck said:

Yeah..... That's still no where near enough for me to buy it. No older characters outside SD, Lyn and Celica = no buy. 

I mean its your loss considering its one of the best playing Warriors games KT's ever made

I can't convince someone to drop pettiness though so I'll leave it at that. I don't see why you even posted here besides being accurate to your name again.

Edited by Jedi

Well I could always check it out myself, so thanks for the answer Jedi.

As much I want the game, I'm probably to still wait it out. The price is tempting but since I don't actually own a Switch, I might as well wait until the price is lowered. Assuming it'll lower within the next 2-4 months.

22 hours ago, Jedi said:

I mean its your loss considering its one of the best playing Warriors games KT's ever made

I can't convince someone to drop pettiness though so I'll leave it at that. I don't see why you even posted here besides being accurate to your name again.

If I can jump in, character rosters is an enormous part of almost every Warriors game, especially crossovers, so its understandable why one wouldn't want the game if the roster is disappointing.

That and Koei always does sequels with more characters anyhow.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

If I can jump in, character rosters is an enormous part of almost every Warriors game, especially crossovers, so its understandable why one wouldn't want the game if the roster is disappointing.

That and Koei always does sequels with more characters anyhow.

Enomrous is overselling it a bit there bud, considering the mainline games is a bunch of historical/fictonal people most of whom, people wouldn't know unless they were versed in said history or lore regarding the history. 

In Crossovers it does make more sense, but its still very petty reasoning dare I even say selfish for not at least giving something a chance, espcially considering my statement of it being one of the greatest playing games in the entire franchise potentially even outdoing Orochi 3 in terms of pure gameplay fun. Hell even if Kris was in the game (my most loathed FE character of all time) i'd still play it and give them a fair play.

Plus you're giving reasoning to a troll, I'd be less annoyed if you didn't do that to start off with.

Edited by Jedi

35 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Enomrous is overselling it a bit there bud, considering the mainline games is a bunch of historical/fictonal people most of whom, people wouldn't know unless they were versed in said history or lore regarding the history. 

In Crossovers it does make more sense, but its still very petty reasoning dare I even say selfish for not at least giving something a chance, espcially considering my statement of it being one of the greatest playing games in the entire franchise potentially even outdoing Orochi 3 in terms of pure gameplay fun. Hell even if Kris was in the game (my most loathed FE character of all time) i'd still play it and give them a fair play.

Plus you're giving reasoning to a troll, I'd be less annoyed if you didn't do that to start off with.

Much of the fanbase for Dynasty Warriors are well versed with the cast of Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

I played Hyrule Warriors and Orochi, everything I've read about Fire Emblem Warriors says it plays basically the same with some minor additions. For me, Warriors Crossovers are all about the cast of characters since the gameplay is usually the same.

The biggest appeal is playing as your favorite characters. Fire Emblem Warriors has blatant holes in its cast and it doesn't help that some of the stuff Koei said would put in, were not in the final game. Another thing to keep in mind is with almost every Warriors sequel, the main thing Koei adds is more characters and movesets.

I disagree as the meat to almost any Warriors crossover are the movesets and the representation of the series. Fire Emblem Warriors has 10 less movesets then Hyrule Warriors without DLC, barely represents Shadow Dragon and doesn't even have all the basic classes. That is a major let down, particularly as Fire Emblem games with smaller casts have done a better job. Its not as if Koei needs the money anyhow, they are already going to do a sequel and Koei sequels come out fast.

If that is the case, then I am sorry as I am not familiar with that poster. Still fans are within their right to ignore a game if it fails to meet their standards.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Still fans are within their right to ignore a game if it fails to meet their standards.

Yeah, but is a thread about the game being on sale in certain stores really the best place to put such negative comments?

Regardless of whether they're within their right to feel the way they do, it just seems needlessly... toxic to complain about it in a thread that doesn't warrant people voicing their criticisms of the game.  Especially since people have been constantly hammering in the point of not wanting to buy the game because of the roster ever since they started showing off all the Fates characters.

It's just beating a dead horse in a place where there really is no need for it.

10 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Yeah, but is a thread about the game being on sale in certain stores really the best place to put such negative comments?

Regardless of whether they're within their right to feel the way they do, it just seems needlessly... toxic to complain about it in a thread that doesn't warrant people voicing their criticisms of the game.  Especially since people have been constantly hammering in the point of not wanting to buy the game because of the roster ever since they started showing off all the Fates characters.

It's just beating a dead horse in a place where there really is no need for it.

Fair point.

Any other Switch games on sale, right now?

Edited by Emperor Hardin

12 hours ago, Jedi said:

In fairness, I think you understate the importance of character identity in Musuo games - even the mainline Warriors games.

From experience, characters like Zhang He, Lu Bu, Zhao Yun, and Sima Yi are a big deal to the playerbase.

For me, Zhou Yu, Xu Shu, Zhong Hui, Xiahou Dun, and Lu Meng are a large part of my enjoyment of the series. Conversely, I absolutely hate characters like Xu Zhu, Zhang Fei, and essentially every single character under the "other" category (yes, even Lu Bu).

Hell, look at the controversy surrounding appearance and voice changes in Dynasty Warriors 9 and tell me that people don't care about these characters.