Who do you predict for future Seasonal Banners?

DefyingFates

Assuming we get the same themes as last year, who do you expect to see in 2018's Seasonal Banners now that IS has finally realised people would like to see older characters in them?

For example, I think Eirika could be in the Bridal Banner* (since she was the OG Bride in Awakening) along with Ninian since Eliwood's on his own right now.

(*I assume IS has faith in Eirika's ability to grab sales since they put her in the Sacred Memories Banner, but at the same time I wonder if her being reintroduced so recently means she won't be in another banner for the near future.)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm expecting eventual Ike Emblem, but the only thing I can imagine him in is a Sports Banner playing American Football. And hopefully Ike 4 won't be for at least another 6 months.

Well the older characters with most popularity are lords, Ninian and what Nino? I don't think I can actually predict much of who will end up in what regardless. I mean would anyone have thought of Chrom in bunny wear? Characters are going to be forced out of their comfort/expectable zones, and you don't know in what way they'll do it because there are so many ways you could.

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

along with Ninian since Eliwood's on his own right now.

He has Lyn! Do not deny that he can be shipped one of three ways. And yes, I prefer Fire and Grass over Fire and Ice or Fire and Seawater. 

I'm sure we'll get other high-profile lords like Ike, Eirika, Ephraim, Celica, Alm, and Marth sometime this year.

Aside from Heroes originals, other top-scoring characters who don't yet have seasonal versions are Reinhardt, Nino, and Micaiah, so those also seem decently likely as they keep branching out into earlier games.

Ninian for the bridal banner because of her relationship with Eliwood is more canon than the others because of that special ending. I can see Genny (rumour has it she married a dashing eyepatch guy who we associate shield pulse with), Nino (after FE7 being a few years older settling down with Jaffar) and Delthea (after sealing away her magic and preparing to marry that nobleman mentioned in her ending) also being on it.

Edited by silveraura25

Since IS felt Elibe needed its own seasonal banner all to itself for some reason, we really should get a Tellius one too. No continent is more deserving of it, imo. Tellius is the best! <3

Also, if Lyn can get more than one seasonal alt, Ike can get one too. He's just as popular as she is, if not more. In fact, he seems to be more popular than any Elibe character, so yeah. No reason he shouldn't get a seasonal sometime down the road. Especially if characters like Lucina and Lyn can have FOUR different variations all together while Ike only has three.

My idea for a seasonal Tellius banner: Ike, Elincia, Mist, and Micaiah. Though if the genders need to be balanced, switch Mist or Micaiah for Soren.

Edited by Anacybele

I can see Nino on a spring banner, I would pull for that since I think they could do a very cute design for her as well as Fae.

Ninian, Nils, Tethys and Elffin on a new PA banner

I am hoping they do a Groom banner instead of a bridal banner this year, so I would hope for Sigurd and Pent.

Halloween I would hope for headless horseman Eldigan since every one kept asking for it last year.

Summer Ewan could be fun I could picture him with a "splash" tome that drowns enemies.

Santa Duessel I would pay money for since that could work well and have him ride a reindeer.

The Gates are open!

But really one of my fears is that they just replaced Fates/Awakening banners with Elibe/Tellius and after a year we'll be in the same rut we've been in. Course in that scenario four games would be represented instead of two. But I'm not optimistic enough to believe we'll be able to play Elibe and Tellius on our Switch within a year, so it's like, who are you marketing to? Plus FE6 is in the same boat as Awakening where they've got no New Heroes since the game launched. Both games deserve more than just some dumb costumes.

My predicitons:

Bridal Banner 2: Micaiah, Catria, Celica, Sumia

Spring Archanea: Marth, Caeda, Tiki, Julian (Merric for TT Reward)

Summer Tellius: Ike, Micaiah, Mia, Nephenee (Soren for TT Reward)

Summer Magvel: Eirika, Ephraim, Joshua, Marisa (Seth for TT Reward)

Halloween Valentia: Alm, Boey, Delthea, Sonya (Saber for TT Reward)

Christmas Jugdral: Ethlyn, Lachesis, Leif, Nanna (Finn for TT Reward)

Well, this is more what I would like to see than actual predictions, but hey, it's for fun, right? I'll say Summer Tellius is the one with the highest chance of happening, for the others anything goes, really.

I think we will see another Lucina soon enough, because even though she was the second most popular in CYL1, she only got 1 seasonal version (spring). Yeah, I know Masked Marth is there as well, but it's basically normal Lucina in a mask without skills (as far as I know even her stats are the same). I think bride Ninian is going to happen sooner or later (probably sooner). Marth might get a new version, after all he didn't get any attention since the release of the game up until now with his Falchion update. Maybe new versions for some Sacred Stones units, possibly Tana, Innes maybe Joshua or Marisa (please make Bride Marisa IntSys), or some kind of Performing Arts banner with Tethys involved.  Well, at least I hope some of these come true.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He has Lyn! 

No matter how much we disagree, at least we have one common ground.

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Ninian for the bridal banner because of her relationship with Eliwood is more canon than the others because of that special ending. I can see Genny (rumour has it she married a dashing eyepatch guy who we associate shield pulse with), Nino (after FE7 being a few years older settling down with Jaffar) and Delthea (after sealing away her magic and preparing to marry that nobleman mentioned in her ending) also being on it.

That's like saying Male Robin and Lucina or female Robin and Chrom is more canon because of the judgement scene.

2 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

@Arthur97 Yeah, but there must be reason why they have a special ending.

Maybe because, "Oh, hey, we're getting married by the way!" doesn't quite explain why she didn't go back home. I mean, it does I guess, but it's hardly satisfactory. Again, it'd be like if Robin or Lucina didn't even acknowledge that she was trying to kill her husband.

Edited by Arthur97

I'm super happy with the Elibe Valentine's banner, no continent was more deserving and it's awesome seeing the most popular and best character Lyn in such a gorgeous dress!

I think we'll get a groom banner down the line with Marth, Sigurd, Alm, and maybe Chrom. I think we'll get another bride banner as well, this time with Eirika, Dierdre, Lucina, and Ninian. I'm sure we'll also get another Ike to complete Ike Emblem and go along with Lyn and Lucina Emblems. We'll probably get a Tellius holiday-themed banner at some point, with that Michaiah, Sothe, Elincia, and that fourth Ike. I'm sure we'll get another Christmas banner too, and I kinda hope to see Santa Brom.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

That's like saying Male Robin and Lucina or female Robin and Chrom is more canon because of the judgement scene.

Chrom and Sumia are considered canon due to both being featured as a couple in the opening segment of the game as well as both having limited S-supports compared to other characters of their gender. The majority anyway. M!Robin and Lucina are featured together in Fates, but probably because they're the face of Awakening. 

It would explain the absence of Roy's mother since Ninian dies not long after Roy's birth, but that is iffy since there's also the matter of Lilina's mother, but it makes the most sense since the developers of the game are addressing the missing mother issue, at least for Roy. There are a lot of story based conversations between the two as well as what Nergal says during a certain scene in the game if Eliwood A-supports Ninian. Ninian was told much of Eliwood before even joining the party by Eliwood's dad when they were held captive, who said that Eliwood would save them. She herself thought, no, was certain that it would happen.

Spoiler

Later on Ninian feels guilt for killing Eliwood's dad by Nergal's influence and that's where they start to hit it off. Out of supports anyway. There's also that scene where Eliwood kills Ninian by Durandal's influence which greatly increases his determination to kill Nergal. The fact that you could ship him with a girl who tragically dies before the end of the game and that she's resurrected at the end is somewhat of a unique pair up you can root for.

When reading their A-support, Ninian is harboring some secret that she states that she doesn't want to tell Eliwood. It's highly likely that this secret is what Nils says at the end of the game about how the air of the human world is poisonous to the dragon siblings if they'd remain. Plus the pair up affects Nils's ending.

The only thing that I can provide as some kind of evidence which you can admit isn't a biased opinion or anything like that is Marcus's and Lilina's support conversation in Binding Blade where Marcus says :"Lord Eliwood loved his wife deeply. And one night...before the two became engaged, Lord Eliwood suddenly disappeared from the castle. When he returned to his love three days later, he presented her with a beautiful white flower which only grows in the snowy highlands. It was the flower which she loved the most."

Ninian was indeed born and raised during the early parts of her life in Ilia, which is the snowy highlands mentioned in the support. As was Fiora, but she isn't that significant in terms of the story so she can be crossed out. Perhaps why she loved those flowers is because it reminded her of the family she lost.

Edited by silveraura25

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Chrom and Sumia are considered canon due to both being featured as a couple in the opening segment of the game as well as both having limited S-supports compared to other characters of their gender. The majority anyway. M!Robin and Lucina are featured together in Fates, but probably because they're the face of Awakening. 

It would explain the absence of Roy's mother since Ninian dies not long after Roy's birth, but that is iffy since there's also the matter of Lilina's mother, but it makes the most sense since the developers of the game are addressing the missing mother issue, at least for Roy. There are a lot of story based conversations between the two as well as what Nergal says during a certain scene in the game if Eliwood A-supports Ninian. Ninian was told much of Eliwood before even joining the party by Eliwood's dad when they were held captive, who said that Eliwood would save them. She herself thought, no, was certain that it would happen.

Reveal hidden contents

Later on Ninian feels guilt for killing Eliwood's dad by Nergal's influence and that's where they start to hit it off. Out of supports anyway. There's also that scene where Eliwood kills Ninian by Durandal's influence which greatly increases his determination to kill Nergal. The fact that you could ship him with a girl who tragically dies before the end of the game and that she's resurrected at the end is somewhat of a unique pair up you can root for.

When reading their A-support, Ninian is harboring some secret that she states that she doesn't want to tell Eliwood. It's highly likely that this secret is what Nils says at the end of the game about how the air of the human world is poisonous to the dragon siblings if they'd remain. Plus the pair up affects Nils's ending.

The only thing that I can provide as some kind of evidence which you can admit isn't a biased opinion or anything like that is Marcus's and Lilina's support conversation in Binding Blade where Marcus says :"Lord Eliwood loved his wife deeply. And one night...before the two became engaged, Lord Eliwood suddenly disappeared from the castle. When he returned to his love three days later, he presented her with a beautiful white flower which only grows in the snowy highlands. It was the flower which she loved the most."

Ninian was indeed born and raised during the early parts of her life in Ilia, which is the snowy highlands mentioned in the support. As was Fiora, but she isn't that significant in terms of the story so she can be crossed out. Perhaps why she loved those flowers is because it reminded her of the family she lost.

Robin and Lucina were in fates because of their Amiibo, little more.

I think you're forgetting that, this is all variable. Unless it straight up says so, the nature of Blazing Blade leaves it up to the player. None of that evidence is conducive. She chose to stay knowing it would kill her. Sad, but not conducive. Roy's mother dies soon after childbirth, that could mean she died due to complications from childbirth. Not that uncommon, especially in that setting. Plus, there's the fact it's never even mentioned that Roy is part dragon which given the reaction Durandal had to NInian, would probably cause some problems with at least one of the dragon killing weapons.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Robin and Lucina were in fates because of their Amiibo, little more.

I think you're forgetting that, this is all variable. Unless it straight up says so, the nature of Blazing Blade leaves it up to the player. None of that evidence is conducive. She chose to stay knowing it would kill her. Sad, but not conducive. Roy's mother dies soon after childbirth, that could mean she died due to complications from childbirth. Not that uncommon, especially in that setting. Plus, there's the fact it's never even mentioned that Roy is part dragon which given the reaction Durandal had to NInian, would probably cause some problems with at least one of the dragon killing weapons.

Sophia is half dragon which is more than quarter dragon so why didn't the legendary weapons try to kill her?

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Sophia is half dragon which is more than quarter dragon so why didn't the legendary weapons try to kill her?

Wasn't Ninian specifically in dragon form when that incident occurred? That could be an important factor.

Edited by Ildanach

1 minute ago, Ildanach said:

Wasn't Ninian specifically in dragon form when that incident occurred? That could be an important factor.

I guess that's the reason why it was so. Thanks for clearing it up.