Favorite Dragon Appearance

Usana

Favorite Dragon Appearance  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which transformed state do you like the best?

• Corrin
    • Fae
    • Myrrh
    • Ninian
    • Nowi
    • Tiki (Adult)
    • Tiki (Young)

1. Fae is best dragon, hands down. Her dragon form is cute and match her normal appearance.

2.-5.Y!Tikki = Ninian > Nowi > A!Tikki

6. Corrin looks like something that should be killed by something that is  too big to be called a sword. Too big, too thick, too heavy and too rough,  more like a large hunk of Iron.

7. As for last spot, Myrrh is incredibly boring. She looks more some princess kidnapping beast then member of proud and wise race.  Not even speck of elegance. At least she is decent unit in heroes though.

Edited by Tenzen12

20 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ena was pink due to being both White and Red in heritage. White from Nasir's child, Red from the other.

Unfortunately RD used this to give her nonexistent (20) Str and high (50) Mag growth while being a Red Dragon so she could only deal physical damage. When she gets into FEH, her getting Glacies would be good (her Res growth in RD is 50 to 15 Def), but she has Miracle in both Tellius games, so I expect she'd get that. Low Def, low Spd, High Res, ? Atk possibly if going by RD standards. PoR Ena is a very different beast. Boon and a buff to replace and mimic Blood Tide would make her a decent support unit.

Yup, I knew that. I just didn't like the odd faded pink they used for it. I suppose they just mixed the two colours together or something but it was just such a horrible colour in my eyes. 

Honestly, she's the only dragon I expect to make it in. So far, they've been very hesitant to give us male dragons (and before anyone starts, yes, I know there are more female than male dragons in the series, but I will still be sore about them choosing to make female Corrin the dragon and male Corrin the sword user when they could have given us at least one male dragon). 

Honestly, for one halloween banner, I would love to see seasonal breaths from the most unlikely units transforming xD Doubt it will ever happen, but it would be cool. Maybe they'll do it once Laguz and other transformers have been introduced... if they are ever introduced. 

On 10/02/2018 at 7:40 PM, Alexmender said:

Fae's a cute and fluffly chicken, she's so adorable that I'll choose her 10/10 times!

TRAITOR.

I voted Myrrh. She was my first dragon and the most fearsome, though Ninian is a very close second for her sheer elegance.

13 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

7. As for last spot, Myrrh is incredibly boring. She looks more some princess kidnapping beast then member of proud and wise race.  Not even speck of elegance. At least she is decent unit in heroes though.

Not trying to persuade you or anything, but this reminded me of a line I found the Myrrh-Saleh support:

Myrrh: It’s because I’m a dragon. My father explained it to me. We are both human and monster. And because we are both, we are also neither.
Saleh: ……
Myrrh: We have the power of dragons; therefore, we cannot live together with humans… We have the hearts of humans; therefore, we do not belong with monsters. We are outcasts in this world, never a part of either community. And so we live our lives alone, never to be understood by anyone.

I don't like that FE8 has Manaketes, because they feel shoehorned in with only two ever shown, and not even a named Dragon Tribe existing. SS has some would say Fates poor world building in general. 

But those two lines does offer a teensy bit of speculative explanation as to why Myrrh looks not beautiful/cute when shifted. Manaketes are in some way related to those vile, ugly monsters that are pure evil across Magvel.

53 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Honestly, she's the only dragon I expect to make it in. So far, they've been very hesitant to give us male dragons (and before anyone starts, yes, I know there are more female than male dragons in the series, but I will still be sore about them choosing to make female Corrin the dragon and male Corrin the sword user when they could have given us at least one male dragon).

They could go back and give us two additional Corrins with their weapons swapped. Or they could sort of compensate with the Kanas, I think Male Kana seems more appropriate for the dragon form for some reason.

Also, you forget Almedha. Never mind that she lost her powers once pregnant, IS could brush that aside and give us her before the Young Black Dragon Prince or their dear old Father. 

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They could go back and give us two additional Corrins with their weapons swapped. Or they could sort of compensate with the Kanas, I think Male Kana seems more appropriate for the dragon form for some reason.

Also, you forget Almedha. Never mind that she lost her powers once pregnant, IS could brush that aside and give us her before the Young Black Dragon Prince or their dear old Father. 

I did think of her, but then since she's lost her powers and I couldn't imagine her having that much popularity, I just focussed on Ena. 

I don't know where Almedha made it in the poll. Was Rajaion even on the poll? If she makes it in as a dragon, I'd definitely want to see him in as the same xD 

I have to admit, I don't really like Kana, so I probably wouldn't pull for him. I'd much prefer a weapon swap but I don't expect it to happen any time soon, if at all. That being said, if they did introduce Kana as a dragon, I couldn't really complain about no males any more, since not pulling for him would be my own personal preference ^.^

I might pull for Nils, if he ever makes it in. I quite liked his design and character. Honestly, I was less happy when Ninian was swapped out for him as the dancer in their original game, since his little bard dance is just adorable xD 

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

TRAITOR.

I voted Myrrh. She was my first dragon and the most fearsome, though Ninian is a very close second for her sheer elegance.

Hey now, Myrrh may be most dragon-like (certain Tiki forms beg to differ but the Heroes form isn't one of them) of them but I abide by the rule of Cuteness>Coolness and under that rule Fae>>>>>>The others.

That would also explain why I prefer Dragonite over Salamence even when the latter has a mega and arguably better abilities.

Huh, so while I have Myrrh, I had no idea what her dragon form looked like until reading this thread. It's okay I guess but the perspective makes it seem a bit weird. Incidentally I only used her for one chapter in SS, which I only just finished a week or so ago and noted she looked like a stegosaurus. Anyway, ranking the designs:

Ninian looks good both as a standalone piece and in terms of fidelity to the original design.

Fae's dragon head looks a little weird but y'know, comedy value places her second.

Myrrh is cool I guess, with the above caveat of the weird perspective.

Corrin is eh, accurate but I didn't like the Power Ranger look of her design in the first place.

Tiki is a weird grey colour that makes her look kinda like a zombie.

Nowi is a disappointing copy-paste of Tiki and loses almost all the funky sea-dragon aspects of her original design.

As others have said, Myrrh's proportions seems off; I still like it the best because it screams "FUCK! DRAGON!" in your face. Ninian's and Y!Tiki's are nice too, but they do not really scare you.

Nowi's and A!Tiki's are okay. The leafy bits looks kind of funny.

Fae looks more like a chicken, but at least it looks like something unlike F!Corrin.

F!Corrin's is just super awkward. It is my least favorite design since it does not really look like anything. In Fates, its head just looks super weird with no eyes and the "mouth" is also weird looking.

Huh, I didn't rank Young Tiki because I didn't know she had a different appearance to Old Tiki. Yes, I saw the screenshot, but I assumed the other dragon was a generic enemy one, and that the left one was supposed to represent both Tikis.

And yes, I do have a Young Tiki, had her since she pity-broke me on Ayra's debut banner, but this is the first time I've seen her in dragon form. Now that I've seen it, I don't particularly like it, particularly colour-wise. Can't really split her, old her and Nowi, basically not a fan of all three.

Edited by Humanoid

I guess I'm the odd one out for liking Awakening's leafy sea dragons. xD There's just something about them that I find elegant, though the bulkier dragons are beautiful in their own way too.

So for me it would be : A!Tiki and Nowi > Fae, for uniqueness and cuteness > Ninian and young Tiki > Myrrh (points for looking the most intimidating, but in terms of aesthetics I like her form a little less) >>>>>>>>>>> Corrin. (Even though she is also... original, her design doesn't work for me.)

6 minutes ago, Kori said:

I guess I'm the odd one out for liking Awakening's leafy sea dragons. xD There's just something about them that I find elegant, though the bulkier dragons are beautiful in their own way too.

So for me it would be : A!Tiki and Nowi > Fae, for uniqueness and cuteness > Ninian and young Tiki > Myrrh (points for looking the most intimidating, but in terms of aesthetics I like her form a little less) >>>>>>>>>>> Corrin. (Even though she is also... original, her design doesn't work for me.)

I liked them ...in Awakening. It just makes the poor facsimiles in Heroes all the more disappointing.

Edited by Humanoid

Y!Tiki is nice, a little simple, but I think it works for her. 

Fae is adorable, it does look like a chicken, but I think it fits her so well. 

Ninian fits her perfectly, elegant, beautiful, and serene. 

Myrrh is a classic dragon and it looks great, but she does have a few proportion issues.

Nowi and A!Tiki I don't really like how the Awakening dragons transitioned into Heroes. While not my favorite, in Awakening they looked better since they were in flight as that allowed for the leafy sea dragon look to work better, here since they're just standing around it looks awkward.

Corrin could be better, I do appreciate going in a different direction by trying to incorporate a Kirin into the concept, but it doesn't work too well due to some odd quirks with the design.

So with all that said, Ninian gets my vote for having a strong design and good sprite work. 

20 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Yup, I knew that. I just didn't like the odd faded pink they used for it. I suppose they just mixed the two colours together or something but it was just such a horrible colour in my eyes. 

To be honest, I can see us getting Nils before getting Ena. The Tellius dragons don't seem to be very popular based on what the CYL polls are showing, and based on recent trends IS seems to be getting even more skittish about adding less popular characters. So it doesn't bode well for her unless IS does a theme that allows her to sneak in, and even then you could make the argument that Kurthnaga or Nasir would be stronger choices. Nils seems to have a good amount of popularity and would have Blazing Blade familiarity behind him, so I can see IS being more willing to put him in as a result. 

Edited by Medeus

10 hours ago, Kori said:

Well, they also have what looks like a bit of a gut. Doesn't exactly make them intimidating.

1 hour ago, Medeus said:

To be honest, I can see us getting Nils before getting Ena. The Tellius dragons don't seem to be very popular based on what the CYL polls are showing, and based on recent trends IS seems to be getting even more skittish about adding less popular characters. So it doesn't bode well for her unless IS does a theme that allows her to sneak in, and even then you could make the argument that Kurthnaga or Nasir would be stronger choices. Nils seems to have a good amount of popularity and would have Blazing Blade familiarity behind him, so I can see IS being more willing to put him in as a result. 

I can see that, but I hope they don't discount the Tellius dragons entirely. Out of all the dragons, they have some of my favourite designs (my dislike for Ena's colouring aside). I even looked up Gareth's design to remind myself and remembered how cool the red dragons looked, although preference goes White > Black > Red >>>>>>>>>> Weird Pink. 

It'll be a shame not to get them. But I wouldn't mind Nils coming first. I really hope they keep his little jig in :D 

I voted for A!Tiki because I like how her colors look and reflect Nagas color palette and because of how much I liked the sea dragon designs in Awakening. I thought it was very creative and beautiful but I agree that having them not airborne and chubby really does ruin the design in Heroes.

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I see there's only one vote for Nowi so far.  Hmmm...I wonder who that could be.  @Nowi's Husband, reveal yourself!

If there's only one, that would be mine, actually. ^^" and now I feel dirty by association.

Fair point about the design change from Awakening to Heroes, though. I'm not too bothered because they keep their "leafy" frills, but I get it.

I like Ninian's the best because it looks quite elegant,

Fae's a close second because of it's cuteness and chicken-ness.

3rd is probably Corrin, even if it's not very dragon-like (more like a giraffe/deer?) but I quite like sleek designs.

4th is Myrrh, i don't like the proportions but I do like how it's similar to the stance in SS, and I love her transformation there.

Next is maybe Young Tiki (it's draconic but I feel it's too basic, but I guess since she is from the first game it works) then Adult Tiki. Last is Nowi since I'm meh about it. Also don't like the Awakening Dragon's stance because it looks like it has a fat belly.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Next is maybe Young Tiki (it's draconic but I feel it's too basic, but I guess since she is from the first game it works) then Adult Tiki. Last is Nowi since I'm meh about it. Also don't like the Awakening Dragon's stance because it looks like it has a fat belly.

Which is odd since they were fairly thin in Awakening.

Myrrh is my favorite. I'm really fond of classic western dragons. Ninian is a pretty wingless version, however.

I'd love to have a black dragon Laguz like Kurth. The white dragon Laguz with feather wings in the concept art is pretty elegant too.

Thinking about Myrrh, I think I have another reason I like her fierce look. Her attacking GRRR is just so cute and such a juxtaposition with her fierce appearance that I just adore it.

Anyways with 77 votes in I can't help but make some statements. I am kinda surprised how few votes Nowi got. I am surprised Tiki Adult beat both her younger self and Nowi. I am not surprised Ninian is second. She was either gonna be second or first I was sure. Not surprising Corrin and Fae are in the middle. Their designs are really unique as far as dragon designs go, but otherwise well done graphically(I think anyways). However, being unique can work against you if it is so different it alienates folks. And finally, I didn't expect Myrrh's lead to be this big. I figured it would be a much closer contest. Maybe I should have allowed voting for multiple dragons. That could have been interesting, but it didn't cross my mind at the time of poll creation.

Edited by Usana