FE6 auction draft

Gradivus.

This draft will work like a traditional auction; the players will bid for the units in real time, in the recruitment order. Marcus and the dancers are also up for grabs and will be drafted first due to their importance. The auction will take place on discord once all players have time for it. Feel free to make suggestions for rule changes, small or big ones, as I have no experience with auction drafts.

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 5 players.
2. Roy and Merlinus are free for all players.
3. All other units will be drafted.
4. The game will be played on Normal Mode.

Auction rules:
1. Marcus, Lalum and Elphin will be drafted at the start, in that order. Afterwards, the units will be drafted in their recruitment order, with Lalum and Ilia route units being picked before their respective counterparts.
2. Everyone has 500 points of our currency at the start. Let's call them dollars ($). In the process of the auction, everyone will take bids on a unit and if noone is willing to bid higher, the person who bid the highest amount of money receives the unit and spends the money they bid.
3. Your bid must be divisible by 1$. No half or 1/4 dollars etc. are accepted and will be rounded up. Obviously, you must at least bid 1$ higher than the player before you if you want to take a bid.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories, and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests.
3. Use of the Warp staff is banned.
4. All Gaiden chapters are required to be visited. Chapter 20x (either route) does not count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken.
5. NPCs may do as they please without penalty.
6. The game must be played out to the True Ending.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty per unit, per chapter. 10 turns if they're an undrafted Marcus or refresher.

Exceptions:
1. Undrafted Thieves may be used to obtain necessary Promotion items.

Teams:
Gradivus.: Elphin (140), Wolt (28), Ward (46), Rutger (45), Saul (38), Sue (64), Zealot (72), Klein (25), Igrene (9), Yodel (33)

athena_57: Allen (114), Shanna (198), Fir (32), Tate (58), Echidna (25), Garret (7), Hugh (4), Juno (33), Dayan (19)

Kebe: Marcus (195), Dorothy (10), Noah (102), Astol (45), Gwendolin (7), Barthe (5), Gonzalez (26), Milady (73), Niime (33)

rohanx17: Lalum (196), Elen (50), Chad (33), Clarine (46), Treck (46), Lilina (43), Ogier (20), Shin (46), Raigh (20)

amg: Lance (125), Bors (20), Dieck (77), Lot (40), Lugh (55), Geese (20), Bartre (4), Cath (3), Perceval (63), Cecilia (28), Sophia (3), Fa (5), Zeiss (33), Douglas (2), Karel (4)

Auction Log:

Part 1 (Marcus - Ogier): https://pastebin.com/GWFHcR7j

Part 2 (Fir - Karel): https://pastebin.com/PS5hCkjp

Units remaining:

Spoiler

Edited by Gradivus.

It's the standard FE6 rule. Took it from there as it was because:

- warping Roy makes the game too easy

- when you aren't allowed to warp Roy, the main way to save turns with it is warping a dancer, and that's a really effective strategy on most maps. It would be way too good compared to anyone not having a dancer and a warper.

Check out the playlogs of this draft if you want to, it makes it easy to see why warp is so good (even if Roy isn't allowed to be warped or warp-rescue-chained): https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/62865-fe6-randomized-the-one-where-you-can-snipe/

So are you going to do the auction like person A bids $X for the unit and then person B has the opportunity to bid higher than $X and so forth until everyone has bid on that unit? Or am I misreading it. Isn't that going to give the people who are at the ends of the bidding order a big advantage?

I always figured that the reason Warp was banned is because it's basically impossible to get anyone not named Saul, Niime or Yodel to reach Warp, plus the fact you get Warp relatively early would make Saul too broken, whereas in the other GBA games you have quite a lot of units that can Warp by the time you get it so everyone has the opportunity to draft a Warper. I never thought it was really anything to do with it being too easy.

Also just fyi the past of bid is just bid not bidded.

I'm not entering btw, I can't bear two FE6 drafts.

@Kebe You need to finish the other FE6 draft otherwise I'll win by being the only person to finish..hey I'll get there probably around August :P:

I think that there's no real bidding order like there is a drafting order. Rather, people can bid multiple times as the price goes higher, and the person who ends up bidding the highest gets the unit.

As for the other draft, I'll finish it eventually. Wouldn't want to let you win for free now would I :^]

Yeah, it's as Kebe explained. We'll wait for a certain timespan, like for example 20 or 30 seconds, and if within that timespan noone is willing to bid higher, the highest bidder gets the unit. I guess the rule is kind of poorly worded.

Regarding warp, I always forget that Saul and the lategame warpers are the only units to hit A staves. That makes things even worse.

Edited by Gradivus.

C1 8/8 turns

Roy chilled at the chokepoint above the start for 3 turns, such that he can be attacked from 2 sides. Wolt's chip damage enabled him to run towards the gate from turn 4 on. He also had to proc speed to double most Fighters and proc strength once in 2 levels so he can 2RKO Damas. On turn 7, Roy attacked Damas with Rapier on PP and finished the job on EP. He needed 1 crit in 4 attacks (Gates only heal Damas by 2 HP because apparently they're super pathetic in this game; I was prepared to finish Damas off with Wolt because I didn't know how much it heals exactly).

Units:

Spoiler

ZNsjUsF.pngXgJtpyK.png

C2 9/17 turns

Turn 1, Roy attacked a soldier and Wolt stayed out of range. Roy went on the fort on turn 2 and received the Armorslayer after Merlinus visited the village. Wolt rescued Roy on turn 4 and dropped him ahead on turn 5. Ward fought most of the enemies in the boss area and pulled the Mercenary on turn 6, who Roy killed on turn 7. Roy being at low HP came in handy because it caused a lot of axe users to target him regardless of the terrible hitrates. This made the last Fighter near the castle attack Roy, allowing Wolt to finish him off. Ward attacked the boss on turn 8 using a Hammer, having to hit once in 2 attempts, in order to finish off with an iron axe on turn 9.

C3 11/28 turns

Could've done this in 10 turns but Roy messed up the bosskill, and since I'm not RNG abusing with a script or savestates (getting different RNs by suspend resetting instead of using Ctrl + R) I'm just taking this attempt. Roy led the charge into the castle. Ward was useful for ORKOing Soldiers and Wolt kinda helped too. Roy attacked Slater with Rapier on turn 9 and should've hit 3 times and gotten a crit. However, no crits occurred and he missed one hit, so he finished Slater off with an Armorslayer on turn 10 and seized on turn 11. Merlinus got the Mend staff.

Units:

Spoiler

4KrOj5P.pngkTNFFSY.pngN4tofR4.png

Edited by Gradivus.

After doing the first five chapters, I can say all of my units put in their work besides Lugh. I thought Lugh would be good since magic but his bases are so low. I'd have to feed a lot of kills to him. Lot is better than Wade and Lugh even though Lot was the lowest price. Bors for 20 is fine. He can get villages that are out of the way and he can also rescue and give Roy to Lance on turn 2. I think I have the best early game.

C1 6/6 turns

Spoiler

Bors rescues Roy on turn 1 and gives him to Lance on turn 2. Lance drops Roy as far as he can go. On turn 3, Bors kills a Fighter behind Lance so can Lance go around 2 enemies and kill a Fighter blocking Roy. Roy moves up and uses a Vulnerary. Bors goes to the village for the rest of the chapter. Roy goes to a chokepoint under the ruined village on turn 4. Lance goes the other way. Lance starts fighting the boss on turn 5. Lance kills the boss on turn 6 and Roy seizes.

C2 6/12 turns 

Spoiler

Bors spends the whole chapter killing a Hand Axe Fighter after weakening a soldier on turn 1. Merlinus goes to the Armorslayer village. Lance and Roy move forward. On turn 2, Roy kills a Fighter and Lance rescues Roy. Dieck goes on a fort with Lot behind him. On turn 3, Lot Hand Axes a Soldier so Dieck can use his full move. Lance moves closer. On turn 4, Lance, Lot, and Dieck all kill an enemy. On turn 5, Lot kills an Archer, Lance drops Roy 5 tiles away from the throne, and Dieck starts attacking the boss. On turn 6, Dieck moves out of the way so Lot can Hammer the boss and Roy seizes. 

C3 7/19 turns

Spoiler

Bors spends the chapter recruiting Lugh. He kills the Iron Lance Soldier on the way and weakens the Archer. Lugh kills the Javelin Soldier and Archer by the end of the chapter. Everyone moves forward turn 1. On turn 2, Lot kills a soldier so Lance can use his full move and rescues Dieck. Roy uses a Vulnerary. On turn 3, Lance Javelins a Soldier that would block him on EP otherwise, Roy drinks another Vulnerary. Lot gets left behind since Roy can't one round a Soldier. On turn 4, Lance drops Dieck, Roy eats a Vulnerary, and Lot kills a Javelin Soldier. On turn 5, Lot kills an Archer, Roy moves up, Dieck Iron Blades a Cavalier, Lance rescues Roy and moves forward. The only reason a 7 turn is possible here because the AI is stupid in this case. The Javelin Cavalier moves away from the choke point to attack Dieck and the Hand Axe Fighter attacks Lance over the wall. On turn 6, Dieck kills the Hand Axe Fighter, Lance drops Roy and then goes in front of the boss with a Javelin so he can kill another Fighter and both Cavaliers during this EP and next turn PP. Bors recruits Lugh. I could've done this on turn 5 but I didn't want the reinforcements to block me. On turn 7, Dieck ORKOs the boss and Roy seizes. 

C4 5/24 turns 

Spoiler

On turn 1, everyone moves up. On turn 2, Bors kills a Cavalier, Lugh and Roy kills a Cavalier blocking Lance (I only needed Lugh to weaken the Cavalier so Roy doesn't take damage), Lot rescues Roy and Dieck takes Roy from Lot. On turn 3, Lugh kills a Cavalier, Lot kills a Nomad, Dieck gives Roy to Lance, and Lance goes forward and drops Roy. On turn 4, Bors Javelins a Nomad so Lugh can kill him, Lot kills an Archer, Lance goes into Javelin range of the boss and Javelins one of the enemies blocking the boss. Roy goes behind lance and uses a Vulnerary. On turn 5, Dieck kills an Archer blocking the way, Lugh kills a Cavalier, Bors gets the Steel Blade village, Lance attacks the boss with an Iron Lance, Lot Hand Axes him for the kill. Roy seizes. 

C5 3/27 turns

Spoiler

Lugh ends up killing one the northern Fighters during the chapter. On turn 1, Marcus waits by the door so it can open. Lance equips a Javelin and rescues Marcus. Allen takes Marcus and drops him. Dieck rescues Allen. Shanna takes Allen and drops him. Bors rescues Roy. Lot moves forward. Lance starts 14 tiles away from the boss and Roy starts 16 tiles away from the throne so he needs to be carried in some way for a 3 turn. On EP, Lance needs to hit 6 Javelins in a row to kill 3 Hand Axe Fighters. On turn 2, Lot doubles the Steel Blade Mercenary, Dieck kills the Mage, Bors gives Roy to Lance and Lance drops Roy and goes in front of the boss to weaken him on EP. On turn 3, Lance kills a Fighter, Lot kills a fighter, Dieck Iron Blades the boss for the kill, and Roy seizes. 

This took longer than expected as after finishing 8x I realized I let Noah die in Chapter 7, which meant I couldn't get Fir. So I had to redo the whole run....

C1 6/6 turns

Roy walked towards the throne for the bosskill on turn 5 PP + EP combined, critting once. Alan maked sure he could keep moving at all time. Didn't get the village.

C2 5/11 turns

Roy and Alan walk south, Alan picks him up on turn 2 and gives him to Thany on turn 3. She flies north and drops him on turn 4, allowing for the turn 4 EP rapiercrit bosskill. Seize on turn 5. Merlinus goes shopping, Alan kills enemies so dieck's squad isn't attacked.

C3 7/18 turns

Alan charges ahead to clear the way, Thany and Roy follow. On turn 6, Roy is given to Alan by Thany and then dropped in front of the boss, allowing for the turn 7 seize. Merlinus gets the mend staff.

C4 6/24 turns

Roy baits with rapier T1 on the east bridge, Alan with the javelin on the south bridge. After that, Thany flies him east, Alan follows. Turn 5PP+EP rapier attack kills the boss, turn 6 seize. Only got the door key village sadly.

C5 4/28 turns

Thany rescues Roy T1, Alan opens door T2, Thany drops. Roy attacks and damages the boss in turn 3 PP+EP, whilst Thany and Alan shield him from further attacks. Alan finishes the boss with a javelin and Roy seizes on turn 4. I didn't get the village.

C6 4/32 turns

Thany and Alan go straight north to bait the enemies T1 with javelins, then kill some more on T2 whilst Roy walks north as well. Merlinus baits away some enemies, once again dying, allowing Thany and Alan to rescue-drop Roy forward. They kill the boss on T4, Roy seizes. Didn't get any treasure.

C7 7/39

Thany flew north with Roy, had to spend an extra turn en route because it would be too dangerous to fly straight there. After dropping Roy, he fought the boss on T5 EP, then finished him on T6 PP, then seized on turn 7. Alan and Merlinus got the red gem, physic, killing edge and hero crest. Rapier broke.

C8 18/57

Not very interesting. Just walking basically. I tried to keep Alan moving as much as possible so he could clear away the clusterfuck of enemies in the middle. Marcus carried around Astohl for my promotion items, sadly I sometimes needed to leave Roy/Thany with him to prevent him from being attacked. Lost a turn to the elysian whip and lost 1/2 turns due to getting stuck.

I was going to promote Alan, but figured that next chapter I will just let Thany fly Roy to the boss, so Alan isn't needed to help them, which means he can just go get some exp and promote on the last turn instead. I need to check whether promoting Thany turn 1/2 saves a turn, if so then I'll promote her now, if not I'll wait a bit longer as I'd rather promote around level 12-14.

Compared to my previous run at this point, Thany has 2 less levels, Roy 1 less, Alan 2 more. All my units had slightly less good level ups, mostly Roy and Thany. I didn't get the angelic robe this time, but did get the red gem and shaved 2 turns, so overall better I guess?

Unit stats in spoiler.

My earlygame is a bit weird. On the one hand, I only have 2 units besides Roy, but on the other hand , they're both really good. So... Roy can be carried around nicely, as long as Thany doesn't get swarmed. I have to say I'm really looking forward to the other units I'm getting the next couple of chapters though.

Spoiler

RoyChapter8x.jpg

ThanyChapter8x.jpg

AlanChapter8x.jpg

Edited by athena_57

C4 7/35 turns

Wolt and Ward dropped Roy slightly ahead on turn 1. Roy and Ward then fought through the Cavs to get to the castle. Wolt went to the Angelic Robe village and Marcus guided him to buy some Javelins and Hand Axes. Rutger killed Erik with a double KE crit which I fortunately got very soon. That could've realistically taken an hour. Merlinus got the Door Key.

C5 4/39 turns

Opened the floodgate on turn 3 with an undrafted goon and rescued them out with Marcus. Roy and Rutger led the charge and Rutger ORKOed the boss with a crit + hit on turn 4.

Spoiler

kZXpsu6.pngFo5eIhp.pngC0jXcb7.pngNFwRdtE.png

C8x 7/64 turns

Promoted Alan at lv 17 after he got some exp. Didn't promote Thany yet. A 6 turn is theoretically possible if she's promoted, in case you're willing to rig/trial+error a 50%hit, 1%crit silver lance attack, which I am not.

C9 6/70 turns

Thany ferries Noah north, who equips a javelin so everyone ignores him and goes for Thany instead. Alan brings Roy to Thany, who can carry him to the boss. On turn 4 I recruit Fir with Noah, turn 5 everyone gets near the throne, turn 6 Fir and Thany clear the way for Alan's bosskill by killing Shin, Roy seizes. Fir cost me a turn, maybe 2.

C10 5/75 turns

Promoted Thany at lv 12. She carried Roy to the boss, dropped him on turn 4, killed the boss on turn 5, Roy seized. Fir got some exp, Alan kept her safe.

C11 9/84

This was a lot of fun to do, especially since I needed a lot of undrafted units whom I needed to keep out of combat. Echidna appears on turn 8 EP, so the earliest I can finish is turn 9. I need to have recruited Tate by that time and need to buy a door key for next chapter. In order to do so, I deploy all undrafted mounts I recruited (sorry Treck), so after recruiting Klein with Clarine I have Marcus, Noah and Lance rescue-drop her to Tate's spawning location. I left Merlinus there as bait, so Tate would go the right way, allowing her to buy keys on turn 9. To recruit Echidna I have Zealot ferry Lalum to Echidna's house, but to prevent him  from being attacked I gave him a javelin and let Fir follow him so all enemies attacked her. Since Fir can't reach the village in time, I need Alan and Thany to rescue-drop her on turn 2. Alan starts by clearing the way for Clarine+ the rescue-drop squad, then heads north, making it just in time for the turn 9 bosskill. Thany carries Roy to the throne, visiting the speedwings village on the way there, dropping Roy on turn 8 and getting the angelic robe on turn 9. I got both the Elysian Whip and the Orion's Bolt.

C12 7/91

Thany and Alan get Roy up to the throne, Alan one-rounds the boss with the wyrmslayer. Fir trains a bit on the right, Tate on the left. I didn't get any treasure. Echidna did nothing. Tate got the angelic robe. I'm not sure what to do with the speedwings, either I will use it to improve someone's avoid (Tate?) or I'll save it for Garret, probably the latter unless I start struggling with Tate's survivability too much.

C12x 6/97

Thany and Alan once again get Roy to the throne and kill the boss. Fir reaches lv 14 and promotes, Tate reaches lv 12, she'll be promoted next chapter. Echidna did nothing.

Unit stats in spoiler

Spoiler

FirChapter13.jpg

EchidnaChapter13.jpg

AlanChapter13.jpg

TateChapter13.jpgThanyChapter13.jpgRoyChapter13.jpg

EDIT: Considering I promoted Tate the next chapter at lv 12 on turn 2, I might as well add her promoted stats, image is from after ch 13:

Spoiler

TateChapter14.jpg

Edited by athena_57
Added Tate promoted stats

C13 7/104 turns

Echidna heads north for the body ring, Alan goed east to take down the ballista. Tate picks up Fir, promotes at lv 12 on turn 2, then heads for the boss. Thany picks up Roy and heads for the boss as well. Fir and Roy are dropped on turn 6, Thany buys killer weapons on turn 7, Fir one-rounds the boss with the wyrmslayer and Roy seizes.

C14 4/108 turns

Fliers get Roy and Fir to the boss, Fir is dropped on turn 2, so when Tate is slept on turn 3 it's fine. Fir+Thany kill the boss. Others pick up treasure, I got the boots, talisman, silence, speedwings and silver card.

C14x 4/112 turns

Easy chapter, Alan and Echidna walk around a bit to distract the bolting, Fir is dropped next to the axe users by Tate, Thany gets Roy to the boss and kills him.
I used the body ring on Fir, the speedwings and boots on Tate.

C15 3/115 turns

Once again, my fliers get Fir and Roy to the boss, Lalum recruits some silver weapons Percival, Echidna and Alan visit the village. I drafted Garret, but he appears on T3 enemy phase. I don't think he'll save a turn and getting Lilina to the other side of the map felt either very unreliable or perhaps even costing a turn.

C16 11/126 turns

And.... I ran out of door keys. So I have Alan carry Roy to the right T1, then have Echidna rescue-drop him 2 spaces further, so I can start carrying him north. That basically marks the end of the chapter for them, Alan goes the left route up until the closed door to bait purge uses. Merlinus baits the long-range tome so Miledy stays out of range. The pegasi take the right route towards the boss, carrying Roy and Fir, Miledy follows them. I pay the full amount for Hugh and promote him after he gains a level at lv 16. Tate, Miledy, Thany and Hugh go to recruit Zeiss, Fir kills Narcian in 2PP and 1EP.

C16x 9/135 turns

Fuck this chapter. I don't have a restore user, so after Hugh is silenced turn 2 he does nothing except heal Echidna once. My plan was to have Tate fly towards the boss in 6 turns for the turn 7 bosskill+seize, with Alan, Thany and Fir clearing the way. She got blocked 2 turns though, once by the sniper who she couldn't one-round whilst carrying Roy and once by the mage+sage at the end. Maybe I could've avoided the latter, but didn't feel like redoing this. Alan got berserked on turn 7 and spent 2 turns attacking Fir. Echidna got some exp on the left.

Unit stats in spoiler

Spoiler

Part1-min.thumb.jpg.3cbe47387081220f0764ae678b4deeaa.jpg

Part2-min.thumb.jpg.b14156cd353e131acf6825f336be2a22.jpg

C17 5/140 turns

Tate gets Fir to the eastern shore, then is given Roy by Thany and gets him to the boss. Thany clears the way, so Fir can go in for the bosskill. Echidna, Alan and Hugh do a bit of arena, visit the village and buy some weapons.

C18 5/145 turns

Tate flies north turn 1, is given Fir turn 2 by Alan and drops her on turn 3. Thany picks up Roy turn 1, gives him to Tate turn 4, who drops him the same turn. Thany clears the way for the turn 5 bosskill+seize, Tate gets the guiding ring. The others once again do nothing.

C19 5/150 turns

Fir is left behind for once as Tate flies ahead, killing some enemies so Thany, who carries Roy stays safe, until Thany gives Roy to Tate again so he reaches the throne in time for the turn 5 seize after Tate kills the boss with a killer lance crit+hit.

C20 5/155

Everyone baits sleep uses so Thany and Tate can recruit Juno and move towards the boss whilst carrying Roy. Sadly, Echidna, who was slept first was not strong enough to survive after that. Since I felt she wouldn't save a turn after that anyways I just sacrificed her. On the bright side, I was worried she would never be useful and well, she was useful now.

RIP Echidna

Also, the boss couldn't be killed by Fir as she had to eat a sleep use, so instead I killed the boss by TRIANGLE ATTACKing him turn 4 with Thany, then with Juno, Tate and Thany in succession on turn 5. Aw yeah, Juno being worth that $33 and saving a turn immediately.

C20x Free/155 turns

Boring, move along. Though I guess it's interesting Thany has managed to build C support with Roy, Tate and Juno.

C21 7/162 turns

Tate starts flying Fir to the boss, drops her on turn 5, so Juno, who is 9 spots behind by then can give Roy to Tate so he moves 19 spaces in 1 turn to reach the throne on turn 7 after Fir 3-rounds Murdock. In order to reach the throne safely, I dropped Fir briefly on turn 2 and had Thany ferry Hugh along and drop him as well so only Juno was carrying someone on the enemy phase, whilst safely surrounded by others. Hugh was left behind, as the AI preferred at 10% kill chance on Hugh over a 90% chance at dealing big damage to my fliers, keeping them safe. Thany headed for the secret shop, buying 6 boots, using 1 immediately.

C21x 6/168 turns

Tate and Thany fly to the boss with Fir and Roy, both of them using boots on turn 2, killing an enemy on turn 3, using boots of turn 4, dropping on turn 5. Tate used another boots on turn 6, Fir one-shots the boss, Roy seizes. Hugh spent the chapter getting to S anima, Tate got to S lances, Juno distracted some enemies from her sisters, Alan killed some random dudes, now has S lances, A swords (halfway) and D axes.

Unit stats in spoiler

Spoiler

Image1.jpg.2c51feb31037bdfe796ddadd086e9119.jpg

Image2.jpg.ea9332cbfb84a48de0bc24af1bc6121d.jpg

C6 4/31

Spoiler

On turn 1, Bors goes to the left to attack a merc while everyone else moves up. Lance kills a bunch of things on enemy phase. On turn 2, Lugh kills the weakened merc, Lot kills a soldier and Lance weakens a Knight for Roy to kill. On turn 3, Roy kills a mage, Dieck and Lot rescue drop him closer to the throne. Lance attacks the boss and kills him on EP. On turn 4, Dieck, Lot and Lance kill some other enemies and Roy seizes.

C7 7/38

Spoiler

Merlinus and Bors get the Red Gem, Hero Crest, and Killing Edge during the chapter. From turn 3 onward, Lugh goes to the arena. I need him to be level 10 by the end of Chapter 8x. On turn 1, Dieck, Lot, and Lance go towards the top left and Dieck Armorslayer's a Knight. By turn 3, Roy recruits Noah, and Lance opens the Door. Lance kills most of the reinforcements on turn 4 EP. On turn 5, Lot and Dieck rescue drop Roy, and Lance starts attacking the boss. By turn 7, Lance kills the boss, Noah recruits Zealot, Zealot recruits Treck, and Roy seizes.

C8 17/55

Spoiler

Lance carries Roy for most of the chapter. Lance only uses his sword because he needs to reach D sword by the end of the chapter to kill the boss with the Armorslayer and to be able to use a Killing Edge when he promotes. Also, Lance leaves ranged enemies alive for Lugh and Dieck to kill. I get the Knight Crest during the chapter as well. On turn 12, Roy talks to Cath. On turn 14, Lance ORKOs the boss and spends the next 3 turns getting the Elysian Whip and Guiding Ring. On turn 17, Roy seizes.

C8x 8/63

Spoiler

Lugh spends the chapter killing the enemies on the bottom left. On turn 1, Lance promotes at level 16, Dieck rescues Roy and Lot takes Roy from Dieck. On turn 2, Lot gives Roy to Lance and kills an Archer in the way. The rest of the chapter is just Lance carrying Roy to the throne while Lot and Dieck kill the leftovers. By turn 7, Lance drops Roy near the throne and starts fighting the boss on EP. On turn 8, Lance kills the boss, both Lugh and Dieck promote at level 11, and Roy seizes.

C9 7/70

Spoiler

The 1st 3 turns are just Lance carrying Roy while Dieck, Lot, and Lugh kill any enemies in the way. On turn 4, Lance trades his weapons away to Roy so he doesn't kill Fir. On turn 5, Noah recruits Fir. On turn 6, Lance drops Roy close to the gate. On turn 7, Lugh kills Shin who was in the way, Dieck kills a merc in the way, Lance kills the boss, and Roy seizes. I'd lose at least 3 turns trying to get the B village so I decided against it. Rip Bartre. Fir gets in the way on turn 4 PP so Lance would only gain one tile killing her. Therefore, I didn't lose turns recruiting her. 

C22 10/178 turns

Alrighty, another chapter, another batch of status staves. My strategy is as follows: Thany (14 mov) flies to the upper left to take the point, Alan (8 mov) rides to the upper right to take that point. Tate (15 mov) flies Roy to Zephiel's room. Since I can't afford Roy getting berserked and a berserk on Tate causes her to suicide I have Hugh, Fir and Juno eat berserk uses on turn 2~4. (Juno can't damage Hugh and he has trouble hitting her, so they are grouped on the left, Fir is dangerous so she's left on her own on the right). If  memory serves me right, everyone is in position on turn 5, but for reliability around my berserked units the door to Zephiels's room is opened on turn 6 so they're not wrecked by the reinforcements. Roy kills a dragon, Tate clears the way and on T8PP, T8EP, T9PP and T9EP, Roy fights Zephiel. A 2-round is possible if you manage to crit a 65% hit, 4% crit 4 times in a row, dodging a 75% both times but that's too filthy to rig for my tastes, so I settle for a 4-round instead. Sadly, the Sword of Seals has only 3 uses left at this point and I need to save a use for the final boss, so Roy'll have to settle for a wyrmslayer the next 2 chapters (not like he'll be seeing too much combat anyways)

TL;DR I could've gotten an 8-turn, but I'm happy with this. I also regret completely neglecting to draft a staff user as these berserks were a pain to deal with.

C23 3/181 turns

At first my clear involved Hugh/a flier getting the bosskill so Fir could recruit Karel, but apparently Fir is the only one who can one-round the boss, to my surprise she doesn't even need a crit. So, I have Tate get Roy to the throne, which he can reach exactly on turn 3. Thany gets Fir there as well, 2 spaces behind, allowing her to reach the boss exactly on turn 3 as well. Both of them are dropped forward on turn 2 (from top to bottom: Boss-open-druid-open-open-Roy-Tate-Fir-Thany).
To prevent the staves from ruining my attempt, none of these 4 units equip a weapon. On turn 3, Tate gives Fir the Durandal, takes the silver lance Fir was holding, and canto's forward, 2 spaces away from the druid blocking my path. Thany flies next to her, takes the silver lance and kills the druid. Fir can now reach the boss and kills the boss, Roy seizes. The others spent this chapter distracting some enemies, getting some exp and buying a new silver lance.

C24 15/196

The basic plan is having Tate kill all the subbosses with the Malte, Thany following her whilst carrying Roy around. The 3 biggest problem are Malte users, some dragons blocking my way and HP of Thany, Tate and Roy. To solve these problems, Alan and Juno follow along, rescue-dropping Fir and Hugh alternatingly, who can assist with the Durandal, Forblaze and heal. Alan having S swords would've been nice, but sadly he came just short of making it. Percival was deployed to carry Fa along not like I needed that slot for Garret/Echidna/Dayan anyway. Not much special, except that I was able to one-round Jahn with a Malte crit, which was possible due to the Thany~Tate C support. Malte down to 1 use, Sword of Seals to 2 uses as Roy had to heal himself once.

Final 1/197

Roy is rescue-dropped to be the only target for Idoun, due to his C support with Thany, he has 11 crit on her and one-shot her on EP with the sword of seals. (Yay, happy ending)

Screenshot with proof of turncounts:

Spoiler

Turncounts-min.thumb.jpg.9d3fb3a895048c81b2d0b91b819e087d.jpg

Stats before ending turn in final (I couldn't add more images....)

Spoiler

Unit       Lvl            Hp   Pow Ski Spd Lck Def Res WPR       Mov/Con change

Roy        20/7.40   45    17    18   19   24   15  11   S Sw
Alan       17/13.42 48    21    14    21  14   11  4     S Ln A Sw D Ax
Thany    12/13.62 35   14     22   28  22  10   9     S Ln E Sw  +6 Move
Fir          14/16.23 44    20    27    30  19  11  9      S Sw           +2 Con
Tate       12/16.29 47   19   23    28    11  13  14    S Ln E Sw  +7 Move
Echidna PERISHED AT CHAPTER 20
Garret     Wasn't recruited
Hugh      16/13.16 42   23   21  20   12      16   14  S An E St
Yuno       ??/11.36 33   12   15  17    16     10    12  A Ln E Sw
Dayan     Wasn't recruited  

Unit reviews

Spoiler

Roy~Free

Not much to be said, has to be free of course. Rapier early-game, bad midgame, sword of seals endgame. Spends most of the time in the backpack of a mounted unit.

Merlinus~Free

Pretty useful a number of times actually, used him as sacrificial bait quite a few times.

Alan~$114

Pretty good of course. Available from the start, mounted and very good combat. Stopped being useful after a while though as he was ironically left behind by the pegasi. Was amazing early-game though and still useful later at times. Probably worth the bid, especially since I didn't know at the time I'd be getting both Thany  and Tate.

Thany~$198

I was determined from the start to get either Marcus or her, I'd have been willing to pay even more and was pretty happy with this pick-up. My most important unit for the first half of the game and my second most important unit the second half of the game.

Fir~$32

At this point in the auction I was getting pretty nervous due to my lack of earlygame. I tried bidding on multiple previous units but ultimately failed getting any of them. I was therefore hellbent on getting either her or Shin. She proved to be extremely useful (for an infantry unit that is) as she was often the only person capable of one-rounding the boss, in the last few chapters even without crits.

Tate~$58

I wasn't seriously trying to get Tate, more trying to force AMG (who had the highest bid before me) to pay a proper amount for her but I ended up getting her myself. Not that I mind that for this price as not only did this force another person to to chapter 14 without a flier, having a second flier was extremely useful as Thany wasn't a reliable bosskiller, so either Fir could be brought along for that job or she could take+drop Roy at times to increase EP survivability. Since her stats were better then Thany's at the time I got my first boots, she got them, which often led to her carrying Roy, who had less mov and needed to get further, and Thany carrying Fir, swapping at some point in between in longer chapters. Otherwise, she could fly ahead, kill some enemies, then have Thany give Roy so he could travel 18 spaces in one turn. My most important unit in the second half of the game.

Echidna~$25

I was just trying to drive up the price but then the other 2 bidders suddenly stopped and I got her, whoops. Wasn't really useful, so when a sacrifice had to be made at ch 20, it was her. I guess she visited some shops/villages and did some other minor things though. Not really worth it.

Garret~$7

I'll be honest, I kind of forgot at what turn Garret appeared when I bought him, I didn't recruit him. Maybe someone else would've liked to have him so there's that.

Hugh~$4

I was pretty surprised to have gotten him so cheap, but then I realized FE6 lategame is very bootsreliant. I still payed the full 10K for him and I don't think the lost boots cost me a turn, could be wrong though. It was definitely nice to have another unit around, especially since I had no magic/staff users yet. He baited some staves, healed a bit and was an absolute terminator the few times he saw actual relevant combat.

Juno~$33

When I bought her she was definitely the best unit still up for grabs, so I just dumped the amount the person who had the most cash after me had on her. She was actually useful a number of times, saving at least 1 turn in ch20 by allowing her and her sisters to triangle attack, allowing Thany to go boots-shopping in ch21 by carrying Roy, adding reliability by meatshielding away some enemies from her sisters, who were usually carrying Fir and Roy and helped by rescue-dropping Fir and Hugh in ch24.

TL;DR Fliers are always gas, even when you're Juno. And well, who'd say no to getting a triangle attack in a draft!

Dayan~$19

At this point there were 2 people with more cash then me, Gradivus and AMG and 2 other units in the pool. If I hadn't bought Dayan, I'd have lost the Yodel battle to Gradivus and then the Karel battle to AMG, so I figured I might as well take Dayan out of the pool if I wasn't getting a unit anyways.

Overall review:

I'm pretty happy with this team, my earlygame was eh, but at least I had 2 mounts and my lategame was one of the best. Two obvious downsides to my team were lack of early combat units and no-one who could heal earlygame/restore lategame. And I obviously loved having all the pegasi. Like my sig says: "Skill and speed, all we need".

I'm curious as to what turncounts you'll all get, good luck!

Final turncount 197 turns

C1 9/9 turns

Roy charged forward as fast as he could while trying to keep from getting surrounded,like gradius I needed the same speed strength and rapier crit. village was skipped. 

C2 12/21 turns

Same as before, but higher enemy count caused me to get stuck for a while in the first 2 sections, got the armorslayer with merlinus and used thany to ferry it over to roy in time for the boss kill. I'm confident I could have found a more efficient strategy but I really didn't feel like doing it over again.

C3 14/35 turns

Took way longer than it probably needed to but I felt i'd be better off getting chad trained, missed the treasure but got the  mend staff

C4 9/44 turns

Roy and chad barreled forward while merlinus got the door key,I had set up roy so he could ohko the 2-4lv caveliers with the rapier. after recruiting Clarine I sent a unit down to get the angelic robe and rapier-ed Erik for the throne

C5 6/50 turns

ran towards the gate and unlocked it on turn 2 I think? it might have been 3 though but chad and roy one rounded the melee units and then punched a hole through the ranged units so roy could make a run towards the boss and sieze next turn. shout out to merlinus though for distracting all the units to the north on a foothills tile so the didn't go after the undrafted guys.

C6 9/59 turns

Could have completed this faster but I needed to rescue sue to recruit shin later, so I went up the left and used merlinus to lure the main force down the center. used the door key with clarine so roy could talk and chad could unlock the north door in one turn, used elen as a dodge tank in the doorway to keep the chasing units busy while clarine and roy run to the boss after chad kills the mage to give them a hole. roy seizes on turn 9 while chad takes the unlock staff, no other treasure was taken.

C7 12/71 turns

merlinus got the longbow and torch staff on a suicide run to the left while the main force went right. Roy went north first to recruit zelot and treck while everyone else went west to pick up the villages. Noah was the MVP of this chapter as he kept the entire main force at bay by the other side of the map while I could move up around the right side of the wall. zelot did some shopping and chad and clarine took the contents of the chests while roy treck and elen fought through the reinforcement army. I think I picked up everything but I'm not positive.

C8 20/91

bolted through the long hallways  like everyone else while chad stole the keys of the enemy's, the mounted units went ahead while ojay and lilina cleaned up what was left behind, got stuck for a turn at the chokepoint at the bottom but it went pretty smooth for the most part, picked up most of the treasure with keys,chad and using the promo rule to use astol some

C8x 10/101

Treck picked up roy and spent the chapter bolting towards the end using the elixir to keep from dying(clarine could not survive the trip without extreme rng manipulation which I wasn't going to do) while ojay lilina and elen trained up on all the enemies. reached the end and dropped turn 8, killed Henning on 9 with a KE crit, and seized turn 10.

So far this has been a lot of fun, and I'm looking to see how to complete 11L with my band of misfits.

unit stats below

Spoiler

5aa022506da25_draftelen.PNG.6dceafdbcda5e8dcc9c470a7ce67f41a.PNG5aa0224d3e761_draftchad.PNG.ab1e245451a9e9e2d01165852344b2ce.PNG5aa02246a8bba_draftroy.PNG.21b9fab711ecce33ace46d3a08c08de3.PNG5aa02259ec56d_draftclarine.PNG.e303ae6cc9708fb5513bd33bbd74272e.PNG5aa022730eb26_drafttreck.PNG.e806410fb226abaf0d544e7f658dd9c8.PNG5aa0227988909_draftojay.PNG.56bab80f418a6fe903da61426630985b.PNG5aa0227794c46_draftlilina.PNG.a6f603e63df55981bac9381049c60237.PNG

C10 8/78

Spoiler

The first few turns are just Lance carrying Roy and the team killing enemies while going south. On turn 5, Shanna starts carrying Geese to the south. By turn 6, Lance drops Roy in front of the boss for some exp. On turn 7, Shanna drops Geese, Roy recruits him, Geese kills Gonzales, and Dieck gets the Swordreaver village. On turn 8, Lance kills the boss and Roy seizes.

C11 5/83

Spoiler

Everyone moves right and Lance attacks the wall in turn 2. By turn 3, Lugh, Dieck, and Lance destroy the wall. On turn 4, Lot kills a Fighter in the way so Lance can drop Roy close to the boss. On turn 5, Lugh kills a Shaman that went in front of Roy on turn 4 EP and Dieck kills the boss with Durandal. I did this so Lance can get the Angelic Robe village and he gets a lot of exp already. Roy seizes.

C12 7/90

Spoiler

Everyone but Lot starts from left so Lot can get some exp. By turn 5, Lance opens the door. On turn 6, Lance drops Roy close to the throne and kills the boss with a Wyrmslayer on EP. On turn 7, Lugh recruits Raigh and Roy seizes.

C12x 6/96

Spoiler

Lot and Geese go top left for exp, the rest goes towards the boss. By turn 5, Lance can drop Roy close to the throne and fights the boss on EP. On turn 6, Lance kills the boss and Roy seizes. 

C13 7/103

Spoiler

Everyone goes to the right. By turn 5, Roy gets the Al Sword village and on turn 6, Lance drops Roy close to the throne. On turn 7, Lance kills the boss with a Wyrmslayer and Roy seizes.

Time to lose 20+ turns doing C14,14x and 15 without a flier.

Edited by amg

C14 10/113

Spoiler

Lugh moves ahead of everyone and kills the boss by turn 8. Dieck carries Roy through the desert since his move is 3 and Lugh can't. Lot and Geese kill the reinforcements near the bottom. Undrafted fliers, Shanna and Miledy get the desert items including Silver Card, Talisman, Boots, Speedwing, and Silence. By turn 9, Dieck drops Roy close to the boss and Lugh kills him. Roy seizes on turn 10.

C14x 5/118

Spoiler

Lance uses the boots the first turn. Dieck carries Roy turn 1 and gives him to Lance turn 2. On turn 4, Lance drops Roy close to the throne. On turn 5, Lance kills the boss and Roy seizes. 

C15 8/126

Spoiler

Bors gets the Divine village. Lalum recruits Perceval. Geese gets the Hammerne village. Lance drops Roy close to the throne on turn 7. Lance weakens the boss for Cecilia to kill on turn 8. Roy seizes. 

C16 11/137

Spoiler

Everyone takes the left path. Fae tanks 4/5 Purge hits from the Bishop and Merlinus dies to the other one. Lance kills Narshen on turn 7 EP and Roy recruits Hugh on turn 8. Douglas attacks Perceval when he is in range. Cecilia kills the 2 Snipers guarding the room full of chests so Lugh can be unequipped and bait Douglas while still getting the chests. Cecilia and Perceval knock down the wall and Lance carries Miledy closer to the top left. Miledy recruits Zeiss on turn 11, and Lugh gets the Hero Crest and Knight Crest by turn 11. Roy seizes.

C16x 8/145

Spoiler

Geese promotes instead of Lot because Berserker > Warrior and Geese's slightly inferior stats do not matter at this point. The chapter is just Lance carrying Roy while the rest of the team try to train Zeiss. Zeiss is level 9 by the time the chapter ends. Lance crits the infamous Sniper by turn 5 with a Killing Edge and then gets blocked by a Sage. Lance can finally drop Roy close to the throne on turn 7. On EP, Lance dodges a Berserk and Roy dodges 2 Boltings, probably due to their A support. Lance ORKOs the boss and Roy seizes on turn 8. 

I went to Ilia.

C17 6/151

Spoiler

The mounts, Lance, Perceval, Cecilia, and Roy go right and then up towards the boss. The others, Zeiss, who reaches level 10 by the end of the chapter, Dieck, Lot, Lugh, Geese, and Douglas all grind the arena along with rescue dropping each other. Perceval carries Roy until turn 5 and gives him to Lance so Lance can drop Roy close to the throne. Lance weakens the boss on turn 6 so Cecilia to kill him. Roy seizes on turn 6.

C18 6/157

Spoiler

Lance has a 1 use Javelin and weakens a mercenary so Zeiss can kill him and reach level 11. Reaching level 11 gives Zeiss enough Strength to crit kill the boss. Perceval carries Roy and drops him on turn 2 so he can get some exp during turn 2 EP and turn 3 PP. Zeiss carries Roy on turn 3 and can drop Roy on a river next to the throne on turn 5. Zeiss crit kills the boss on turn 6 and Roy seizes. This is the most unreliable boss kill in the run.

C19 6/163

Spoiler

Lance carries Zeiss from turn 1 and drops him on turn 3. Perceval carries Roy on turn 2 and gives him to Zeiss on turn 3. Geese spends the chapter going the Aircalibur village and gets there by turn 5. Zeiss can drop Roy close to the throne by turn 4 but the problem is that there are 9 enemies protecting the boss, including 5 ranged enemies. Therefore, Zeiss drops Roy near the mountains. Roy kills a Knight in the way of Zeiss and Zeiss crit kills the boss on turn 5. I couldn't wait to kill the boss on turn 6 because there would always be an enemy in Roy's path on turn 6 PP. Zeiss kills that enemy and Roy seizes on turn 6.

C20 4/167

Spoiler

The mounted people + Roy go on the left path towards the boss and the infantry goes to the right. From turn 2 onward, Lugh uses the Arena. On turn 1, Lance carries Zealot so he doesn't get attacked and all the mounts use their full movement of course. On turn 2, Lance drops Zealot next to the Juno door. Zeiss carries Roy. On turn 3, Zealot unlocks the Juno door, Perceval unlocks the door next to the boss, Cecilia kills the Knight blocking the way, Zeiss gives Roy to Lance and goes back to protect Zealot from ranged attacks, and Lance drops Roy close to the throne. On turn 4, Lance weakens the boss with an Armorslayer and Cecilia kills the boss. Zealot recruits Juno, and Roy seizes. 

C20x Free/167

Spoiler

This is a free chapter but I want to clear the chapter as fast as possible. I get a 5 turn clear.