Training Tower now useless?

Bleachya43vier

Now that we've got permanent Special Training Maps, do you still have that incentive to play Training Tower maps? Gaining badges is nice and all but it doesn't provide EXP and SP as much as those special maps--which I think is kind of a letdown for something that's called "Training Tower" 

Badge grinding basically. There may be some training maps that are too cumbersome to train units in which case the TT will be better but I'm at the point where I can train any kind of unit thanks to having weaponless walls with high def/res so I can cheese any map with a dancer and the Breath of Life seal. 

Still, these maps are totally superior for SP farming (although I don't know how they compare to CC or the Warriors maps).

I actually only really use the Training Tower for levelling up new units. The special maps, etc, are great for SP grinding, but I prefer the shorter battles and choosing my enemies with the TT than going through Chain Challenges or Special Maps. 

It does mean I always have plenty of badges going spare, too :) 

Nah, I still think the tower is better because you can reset it to where it has enemies that the unit you're training will have an advantage against. You can't do that with these special training maps.

Edited by Anacybele

I'll probably use training tower for badges only, levelling up units with auto-battle (with a team like: 2 healers and a dancer (all without weapons) and the unit you level) just became super-convenient with these special maps. It works until ~level 30, while in training towers it usually becomes less automatic at around level 25.

Edited by coldhand25

The special training maps are only geared to a particular type of unit per day now.  Today, it's ranged, so if you want to train a melee unit, it's not ideal.

I suppose Training Tower still has its appeal for badges and, I forgot those, quests. Still I find it really tedious to go through every stratum multiple times to complete them and not that effective leveling-wise when your units reach a certain level unless there is a 2x Exp/SP event.

Edited by Bleachya43vier

The Training Tower will always be useful because if you need to train a certain unit and it's not their day on the Special Maps you will otherwise have to wait (especially on Double SP days), that and they award orbs and are still the primary source of badges which (particularly in the case of Red and Blue) you will always need.

I don't see it's relevance going away any time soon.

I know I’ll be repeating what others have said, but yes, the training tower is still useful. It’s the easiest way to farm badges which you’ll need for not only promoting units but also for upgrading sacred seals. It’s also better for doing specific quests like defeating a certain certain enemy at level 40 or something, and the units in the special maps don’t break level 34. 

I agree with everyone else, the training tower still has its uses. And I even prefer to train my units in the tower than the training maps. I'll gladly take the free orbs from the training maps though. The re-roll feature in the tower helps me train my units the most effectively.

The Training Tower is still very useful. These new Training Maps that are on are just something extra, and rather than say that its rendered the Training Tower useless, just think of it as a way to help get your SP faster with smaller stamina spent from it. But I had to use up two Light's Blessings for it for my Roy to get enough SP to two skills he needed.