I love Valentine's Day

Junkhead

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, eclipse said:

February 15 is where it's at!  Discount Chocolate Day!

Where.

22 minutes ago, Fleece said:

i really like the aesthetics of it

lots of pink, heart shaped chocolates etc. etc.

ENOUGH WITH THE P!NK

15 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Well I have an actuall girlfriend to spend time with so maybe this time it won't be so bad

Ouch.

Oh, you mean Loner's Day? The day where us lonely folk are reminded that no one loves us and we're going to hate life forever?

Fun times.

but also yay chocolate from grandparents!

53 minutes ago, eclipse said:

February 15 is where it's at!  Discount Chocolate Day!

I load up on November 1st, that is the real fire sale of the year (if you have no standards for chocolate). You gotta be quick though, since by the end of the month another holiday has ratcheted up the prices again.

I love these little red jelly hearts they sell only around Valentine's from this one premium chain grocer. They're covered in sugar and are pretty much nothing but sugar, something waxy, and artificial as can possibly be cherry flavor. But biting into one and having the cherry goodness rush out makes me question whether the sugar is something else. Perhaps I love them because I play Zelda- gotta have 'em Hearts to live! My ears are what I'd call one step of many in an evolutionary chain towards Hylian pointiness. Maybe one day Zelda or Link will descend from my lineage? Probably Zelda, since I'm as removed as one can be from Courage, Wisdom sounds more like me.

Love? I'll likely die celibate. Which is my way of putting a positive spin on "single". Celibate makes your inability to find love sound like a noble mission you actually had to try for.

40 minutes ago, Emerson said:

Oh, you mean Loner's Day? The day where us lonely folk are reminded that no one loves us and we're going to hate life forever?

Fun times.

I literally never even remotely felt this way...

Say what y'all want 'bout being lonely, I see it as a chance to do a good deed. Me, personally? I couldn't give less of a damn for the day. But it might mean so much for someone else, be they a friend, acquaintance, or whomever they may be. As such I take it upon myself to buy gifts, just for the sake of giving every time it comes around

1 hour ago, Captain Karnage said:

I too enjoy seeing how happy others are in their relationships while I sit all alone with my thoughts.

Hope you aren't lost in them!

Maybe tomorrow I'm see a recording (even though it says livestream) of Lady of the Camellias from the Bolshoi. I can get a ticket for free, so it'll be me, some Chopin music, and two graceful dancers- one beautiful prostitute, the only their young male student client who wants to permanently win their heart. Sounds appropriate for Valentine's Day.

6 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Say what y'all want 'bout being lonely, I see it as a chance to do a good deed. Me, personally? I couldn't give less of a damn for the day. But it might mean so much for someone else, be they a friend, acquaintance, or whomever they may be. As such I take it upon myself to buy gifts, just for the sake of giving every time it comes around

HK Is Too Good For This World

I just don't like valentines because it feels odd to suddenly love someone more because hey, it's that time of year! But I'm sure it's given lots of people the courage to start a relationship, so it's not a total wash.