I love Valentine's Day

Junkhead

Oh you mean the day I completely ignore, since I am alone and will probably die alone?   Kidding aside, I did take my mom out for ice cream today as an early Vday present since she has to work late all week this week.  I will bake something for my dad so he can have sweets too.  The only person who remembers me on Vday is my mom so I just ignore it and see if I can get some of the good stuff on sale after it is over.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Captain Karnage said:

I too enjoy seeing how happy others are in their relationships while I sit all alone with my thoughts.

Are you the ocean's gray waves?

I forget Valentine's Day is a thing, to be honest.

5 hours ago, Belisarius said:

it can be fun, i usually do a "palentines day" (yes, its what it sounds like) with some of my single friends

I like this, though. Might steal this.

9 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

I forget Valentine's Day is a thing, to be honest.

I like this, though. Might steal this.

I’d do that! But mostly my friends, even if single, will get a valentine Just for the day/week and they always try to get me a guy but I feel like that wouldn’t be Nice since I wouldn’t even be into him PLUS it’s a small town and there’s 4 of them and we lived ina. Pretty small town so chances are they suggest a guy they’ve kissed or Dated! 

I am the grinch of Valentine’s Day 

42 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

I’d do that! But mostly my friends, even if single, will get a valentine Just for the day/week and they always try to get me a guy but I feel like that wouldn’t be Nice since I wouldn’t even be into him PLUS it’s a small town and there’s 4 of them and we lived ina. Pretty small town so chances are they suggest a guy they’ve kissed or Dated! 

I am the grinch of Valentine’s Day 

I remember being told in school that you never date someone who's dated one of your mates. Don't really see why, mind, but there we go. And just tell your friends you're not interested in getting set up with a guy just because it's Valentine's Day.

3 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

I remember being told in school that you never date someone who's dated one of your mates. Don't really see why, mind, but there we go. And just tell your friends you're not interested in getting set up with a guy just because it's Valentine's Day.

Well one of my friends knows so she’s stopped but the others are just like “(name) asked you out isn’t he so cute!” Etc etc. 

Hey, y'all feeling sorry for yourselves because you're single - answer this:

What do you love about yourself?  If the answer is "nothing", get off of SF and write down every single thing you think describes yourself.  If it's predominately negative, work on making it positive, one word at a time.  It's not "this is how it is, and it sucks", it's "this is what I am now, and I can change for the better."

Honesty and self-confidence is sexy.

1 hour ago, IEatLasers said:

Well one of my friends knows so she’s stopped but the others are just like “(name) asked you out isn’t he so cute!” Etc etc. 

Haha. Well, if you really don't want to, just carry on rejecting all those poor boys. Sounds like your friends are having a bit of harmless fun with you, so it's not the end of the world.

47 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Honesty and self-confidence is sexy.

Seconding this. Hell, honesty and confidence--fake or otherwise for the latter--are so important for life in general.

Edited by DodgeDusk

21 hours ago, Belisarius said:

t can be fun, i usually do a "palentines day" (yes, its what it sounds like) with some of my single friends

I remember overhearing Persona 5 does something like this. If you opt not to date any of the girls, the bro character on Valentine's Day gives you chocolate instead.

Said game also has the MC getting beat up if he dates multiple girls at once.

Fun fact: Those candy hearts made of sugar with messages on them like "I love you" that nobody eats? They used to be so large you could fit a message like "Please send a lock of your hair by return mail for remembrance" on them.

i like it cause its so pink and fun and i get free candy/chocolate and ilove sugar so much

also i am single and have never hated valentines day i dont get why people hate it just cuz theyre single?

Edited by claire

If you do "having a partner.jpg" right, you won't have drama(or at the very least, a lot of it) and you can have plenty of free time.

Lovers/partners aren't some alien beast that sucks away your life, it just means there's someone else in it :v

On 2/10/2018 at 6:45 PM, eclipse said:

February 15 is where it's at!  Discount Chocolate Day!

This though.

Valentines, to me, was always just a commercialized holiday with little point to it. I've never cared about it in the least. The best part indeed is the discounted chocolate and candy after the day.

6 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

Haha. Well, if you really don't want to, just carry on rejecting all those poor boys. Sounds like your friends are having a bit of harmless fun with you, so it's not the end of the world.

Seconding this. Hell, honesty and confidence--fake or otherwise for the latter--are so important for life in general.

Oh when you put it like that’s I seem like somethin of a catch or something. Or a man eater? What’s a female womanizer called!

idk.

point is I’m not too sure I am ;) 

guys just wanna hang out with me to be the first guy to get me drunk, or high or whatever. My friend dated a guy who was part of it *sigh* 

1 hour ago, IEatLasers said:

Oh when you put it like that’s I seem like somethin of a catch or something. Or a man eater? What’s a female womanizer called!

idk.

point is I’m not too sure I am ;) 

guys just wanna hang out with me to be the first guy to get me drunk, or high or whatever. My friend dated a guy who was part of it *sigh* 

Man-eater, yes.

You'll find out one day!

I don't know what your experience has told you, but I'm telling you right now: not all guys are like that. You'll meet someone worth your time eventually, if you look for him.

1 minute ago, DodgeDusk said:

Man-eater, yes.

You'll find out one day!

I don't know what your experience has told you, but I'm telling you right now: not all guys are like that. You'll meet someone worth your time eventually, if you look for him.

Haha. I just mean that, idk I’m admittedly conceited and a but vain but yeah I work out for a body I like and I think I mostly look good. 

But I don’t have the walk to style or charm of a man eater or anything and I don’t have the best natural gifts to have guys drooling over me lol. 

Thanks~ but I’m not really looking for any guys ^^