Do you think full voice acting should return?

Do you think full voice acting should return?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think full voice acting should return?

• Yes, it made the series better
    • No, I would have the pre Echoes voice acting

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Full voice acting absolutely carried Echoes. A lot of characters and scenes would have been much less interesting without that, especially most of Celica Act 4. It absolutely should stay.

Full VA is the main reason I love Berkut so much. It absolutley needs to come back

I already know I'm in the extreme minority here, but no. I read much faster than I listen, so I skipped through the dialogue before the lines were delivered. It just slows me down. If I want to watch a show, I'll do that. If Echoes' plot was actually worth something I might care a bit more.

The voices were nowhere near as good as lot of people make them out to be. I guess when you're so used to shitty voice acting you're impressed by anything marginally better. 

Absolutely. Not having full voice acting would only be a step backwards. I'm a fast reader too but i'm not gonna say no to full voice acting just because it may slow my reading down.

Yes. And if supports and other optional dialogue prove to be too much script for the VO budget, then make the executive decision not to do voiceover for them. I'm not gonna throw a fit if an NPC or the hundreds of poorly written S rank supports don't have voice over. Full sentences are totally preferable over recording a few quips and grunts and placing them across every scene. 

Should this even be a question? More options is always better and the voice acting was amazing in Echoes. It helps the emotions come through more easily and the conversations are more natural. After all Echoes has proven that good voice acting goes a long way, Berkut and some other characters wouldn't be as popular as they are without voice acting.

57 minutes ago, Køkø said:

I already know I'm in the extreme minority here, but no. I read much faster than I listen, so I skipped through the dialogue before the lines were delivered. It just slows me down. If I want to watch a show, I'll do that. If Echoes' plot was actually worth something I might care a bit more.

The voices were nowhere near as good as lot of people make them out to be. I guess when you're so used to shitty voice acting you're impressed by anything marginally better. 

Ah it's fine if it's not your cup of tea but that doesn't mean everyone else has a shitty opinion. More options for people the better.

2 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Should this even be a question? More options is always better and the voice acting was amazing in Echoes. It helps the emotions come through more easily and the conversations are more natural. After all Echoes has proven that good voice acting goes a long way, Berkut and some other characters wouldn't be as popular as they are without voice acting.

Ah it's fine if it's not your cup of tea but that doesn't mean everyone else has a shitty opinion. More options for people the better.

What the fuck's your problem? I insulted the game, not anyone here. OP asked a question and gave two options for a reason. If you're cool with an echo chamber, whatever.

5 minutes ago, Køkø said:

What the fuck's your problem? I insulted the game, not anyone here. OP asked a question and gave two options for a reason. If you're cool with an echo chamber, whatever.

Might want to cool off a bit before replying again if they reply to this that is.

10 minutes ago, Køkø said:

Did I offend you? I didn't mean to, honest. I don't have a problem with opposing opinions since I'd rather be open-minded. I just can't stand people who can't accept the opinions of others. Just because the majority enjoy the same thing doesn't make it an echo chamber nor does liking the voice acting mean that everyone is fine with shitty voice acting. 

Edited by ChickenBits

12 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Did I offend you? I didn't mean to, honest. I don't have a problem with opposing opinions since I'd rather be open-minded. I just can't stand others who can't accept the opinions of others. Just because the majority enjoy the same thing doesn't make it an echo chamber nor does liking the voice acting mean that everyone is fine with shitty voice acting. 

No, but you did confuse me. Did you work on the game or something? Are you one of the voice actors? You'd think so with the way you came at me. Armagon's response is a good way to handle a dissenting opinion. Where did I not accept the opinions of others? As abrasive as I can be sometimes, I'd never go as far as personally attacking someone for what they like. 

You like Tellius voice acting? 

Didn't mean to double post, I'm having issues again.

Edited by Køkø

21 minutes ago, Køkø said:

No, but you did confuse me. Did you work on the game or something? Are you one of the voice actors? You'd think so with the way you came at me. Armagon's response is a good way to handle a dissenting opinion. Where did I disrespect the opinions of others? As abrasive as I can be sometimes, I'd never go as far as personally attacking someone for what they like. 

You like Tellius voice acting? 

Didn't mean to double post, I'm having issues again.

If I came off strong that wasn't my intention. The way you worded your post was rather offensive and unnecessary.  "The voices were nowhere near as good as lot of people make them out to be. I guess when you're so used to shitty voice acting you're impressed by anything marginally better." This would be considered disrespectful because of what it implies and assuming that I'm fine with a so called echo chamber doesn't exactly help either. Though since you say it wasn't your intention then I apologize for assuming things.

No, I don't particularly enjoy it. Doesn't help that I haven't played the Tellius games. The point of this question was exactly?

Edited by ChickenBits

16 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

If I came off strong that wasn't my intention. The way you worded your post was rather offensive and unnecessary.  "The voices were nowhere near as good as lot of people make them out to be. I guess when you're so used to shitty voice acting you're impressed by anything marginally better." This would be considered disrespectful because of what it implies and assuming that I'm fine with a so called echo chamber doesn't exactly help either. Though since you say it that wasn't your intention then I apologize for assuming things.

I told you, I'm abrasive. Do not confuse that with malice or anger. Even when I disagree with someone on here, I never say things in the vein of "fuck you, your opinion is shit". 

I'm not sure how that's disrespectful when I'm just stating my opinion. I'd never reproach anyone who disagrees with me with insults, only facts. I actually complimented Echoes' voice acting, placing it above the rest. 

The echo chamber comment came from that fact that you were the only one who felt like you needed to confront me, don't you think the fact that I'm severely outnumbered is enough?   

No, I don't particularly enjoy it. Doesn't help that I haven't played the Tellius games. The point of this question was exactly?

So how do you not understand where I'm coming from? And why don't you understand the point of the question? It's directly related to my comment earlier. I should stop assuming everyone's been playing as long as me. 

Do get around to playing Tellius if you get the chance, you're really missing out.

Edited by Køkø

I loved FE for its well versed and fleshed out characters, and with the emotion that's able to be added in to the characters through voice acting is amazing. I don't think I could go back to the old games style. I can still enjoy them for what they are but the voice acting is so damn nice to hear.

I told you, I'm abrasive. Do not confuse that with malice or anger. Even when I disagree with someone on here, I never say things in the vein of "fuck you, your opinion is shit". 

I'm not sure how that's disrespectful when I'm just stating my opinion. I'd never reproach anyone who disagrees with me with insults, only facts. I actually complimented Echoes' voice acting, placing it above the rest. 

The echo chamber comment came from that fact that you were the only one who felt like you needed to confront me, don't you think the fact that I'm severely outnumbered is enough?   

Again, I sincerely apologize for assuming things. This is the internet after all, I unfortunately can't tell what tone of voice someone is using. I'm probably just skeptical of a lot of things on the internet since it's so vast. I'm not exactly the type to care about numbers, I just go with the flow and my opinions.

So how do you not understand where I'm coming from? And why don't you understand the point of the question? It's directly related to my comment earlier. I should stop assuming everyone's been playing as long as me. 

Do get around to playing Tellius if you get the chance, you're really missing out.

I understand that you didn't like Echoe's voice acting unless you meant something else. I didn't understand at first because it felt like it came out of nowhere and everyone I've come across doesn't like Tellius voice acting either. Well I've been playing for about 10 years, give or take. 

Tellius are the only main series games I haven't played since I never owned the games and my laptop can't run dolphin effectively. I do hope one day I can play it since it's script was fun to read about it and the gameplay seems fun. Especially the laguz.

5 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Again, I sincerely apologize for assuming things. This is the internet after all, I unfortunately can't tell what tone of voice someone is using. I'm probably just skeptical of a lot of things on the internet since it's so vast. I'm not exactly the type to care about numbers, I just go with the flow and my opinions.

No problem, I'm glad we understand each other. 

6 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

I understand that you didn't like Echoe's voice acting unless you meant something else. I didn't understand at first because it felt like it came out of nowhere and everyone I've come across doesn't like Tellius voice acting either. Well I've been playing for about 10 years, give or take. 

I never said I didn't like Echoes' voice acting, I said if it were in my power I would not bother making future games have full voice acting. I'd rather they focus on story and gameplay, not bells, whistles, and cherries. I even said it had the best in the series, I don't get how you missed that. 

I assumed that anyone familiar with Tellius voice acting and some of the more questionable voice acting  in Awakening and Fates would see anything better as a step up. I agree, just not with the amount of fawning I've been seeing. Particularly over Berkut and Lukas, which mostly seems to be from horny girls. 

Tellius are the only main series games I haven't played since I never owned the games and my laptop can't run dolphin effectively. I do hope one day I can play it since it's script was fun to read about it and the gameplay seems fun. Especially the laguz.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully some fortune comes your way and you're able to experience Tellius firsthand. Maybe a remaster or Virtual Console release might come soon.

Full voice acting makes me a lot more invested in the characters, like Berkut and Tobin, so yeah, I think it should return.

I believe that if they were willing to do it for Warriors, they should do it for FE Switch.