Sign in to follow this  
ronlyn

FE Gaiden - Mila's Retribution Project (V 1.5 - Gameplay done)

Hello guys, it has been a while doesn't it? Today I bring you my first go on nightmare modules: A rebalance project on FE:Gaiden

You see, some days ago I tried to play this old gem since echoes it's so far away from my hands and I just drop it at the beggining of CH3. Some could say it was the difficulty, but what really brush me in the wrong way was the fact that you need to grind in order to avoid frustration in the near future, and I really hate games with that kind of mindset, so I decided to give it whirl and make it better.

The changes in general are:

- Growths and base stats/class outside of Alm and Celica have been reworker: Now several characters have an actual chance to get better without the game being a dick with blank lvls in general. The total growths I choose were:

*Protagonists: 210% 

*Unmounted units: 180%

*Mounted units: 170%

* Mages: 165%

*All villagers, Kamui , Saber, Jesse, Sonia and Deen: 160%

*Teeta/Zeke: 150%

*Mycen/Nomah: 100%

All growths try to ensure that every member in your team can contribute when they join while at the same time  characters of the same class won't have the same performance

Spoiler

H1F2nNI.jpg
LnVeTmu.jpg
ZGSjhTC.jpg
cckZZV6.jpg

- Several weapons were balanced to justify their use long-term:

Spoiler

fKVX2bK.jpg

*All Holy weapons (sword,lance and bow) heal 5hp per turn aside of their effective property. I will change the picture later

- Some spells got nerfed in the hp cost, might and weight since now most mages have lower hp:

Spoiler

VjjAnhq.jpg

- All classes bases were revisited and changed in order to avoid horrible harassment in the later chapter (for example, now bow knight cannot outright destroy anyone in a 13 radium). This also mean other enemies got buff (in the skl department to be precise) to make up for it

- I added and new object somewhere and changed places existing ones in the party: 

Spoiler

j6uA7ow.jpg

- New palettes for both player and enemy units:

Spoiler

UJuegZ1.png
nM9qwyf.png

With this out of the way, here's the file: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8h8ayi9rb07cwt1/Fe Gaiden - Mila's Retribution.ips?dl=0

(It should work with artemis english translation)

*Gameplay done. There are a few things I would like to do however: 

- Tweak all potraits ingame so they look as good as Camus Zeke

- Maybe learn how edit music so after CH4 and onwards the 2nd player battle theme plays out

- Some changes were made midway into the game, so maybe later I will give it a roll again to check things thoroughly 

If anyone can give me some feedback and suggestions, I would be glad

(Edit): Have a look here and marvel to our brand new saviors of Valencia:

Spoiler

IJ2NEFS.jpg
mHbSua8.jpg

Sidenote: these stats come from the beta, so certain things like saber sucking at face-tanking fireballs and Leo newfound ability to not die in a whiff are not reflected here, so if you want a 100% real opinion, just grab the patch and get rolling, it's just two-three hours between both chapters 

Edited by ronlyn

Seems interesting. Is Clive going to become a better unit? For his growths I would sugest:

HP 50% STR 40% SKL 40% SPD 30% DEF 35% LUK 25%

Also, remove the Angel ring from equation or have it increase growths by 10%, rather than double the amount gained.

Needless to say, but if you improve everyone's growths, the bosses and some enemies probably shoud be buffed a bit.

Edited by DiogoJorge

I got out version 1.0 (several stats and growths were modified as I played though both Ch1 and Ch2, including M.def). I also took pics of Alm and Celica's teams at the start of Ch3 so you can have a look and compare them with their vanilla counterpart (just to give everyone and advance: boey can now properly do his job of tank stuff like the man he is)

2 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

Seems interesting. Is Clive going to become a better unit? For his growths I would sugest:

HP 50% STR 40% SKL 40% SPD 30% DEF 35% LUK 25%

Also, remove the Angel ring from equation or have it increase growths by 10%, rather than double the amount gained.

Needless to say, but if you improve everyone's growths, the bosses and some enemies probably shoud be buffed a bit.

Those growths might work on thracia ( a game I would like to touch after this one it's done), but my vision is to keep the original game design while improving all the characters in the process (because lord knows Boey and Python receive the short end of the stick while May and Leo had all the fun)

Speaking of the Angel ring: Yeah, I moved that thing further in Celica's route since now most characters have chances to level up at least one stat that will help them in the long run (str/spd/def/hp while skl and luck are better overall)

Enemies and Bosses are still a threat and should be seen as such: You would be surprised with the amount of enemies than suddenly become deadly with something as simple as +1 movement. Besides, this is the tutorial and I don't want to screw anyone in case some of their units came out as crap (not as bad as vanilla but still)

Midgame and Lategame however.........

Edited by ronlyn

*New version up to Ch3

Current teams:

Spoiler

MSwoLxL.jpg
uarf4yJ.jpg

*Sidenote: Please ignore Sonia here, this new version won't match with the one here

Finally done with this project gameplay wise. I would like some people to test it in search of missteps or advices to further enhance the experience of gaiden 

My final team:

Spoiler

S5b4cBm.png