The best competiteve pokemon

Greengiraffe22

Tie?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. So, i have gotten mixed answers from people on my post on the best competitive Pokemon. I have the three best answers. Here you can vote on them.

• Mega Rayquaza (It can be shiny)
    • Landorous T (It can be shiny as well)
    • Mewtwo (It can be shiny as well as Mega, Y or X.)

In what context???

Mega-Rayquaza is clearly the most broken thing you can use in competitive Pokemon. But you can't really call it the best "competitive" pokemon when its power level is so anti-competitive, its banned from pretty much every form of competitive play. 

Metwo is an uber. Its not a particularly good uber. It has bad match-ups against most of the most commonly used pokemon in ubers atm (i.e. Primal Groudon, Yvetal, Xerneas, the Bulky Arceus Forms...)

Landorus, despite being objectively the weakest of the 3, is the single most dominant pokemon in modern OU, doubles, and VGC. In every tier where its allowed and ubers aren't its clearly the best thing in competitive play.

Being the most dominant pokemon in the most competitive formats. Imma say Landorus.

Edited by Shoblongoo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Theres a lot of context for this really, but:

Overall:

Primal Groudon and Landorus Therian.

Primal Groudon is the Landorus Therian of unbalanced metagame. Landorus Therian is THE king. Its dominance over ORAS, VGC, and XY was on the level that beats the likes of DPP Scizor and Heatran and arguably beats Mega Kangaskhan despite Mega Kang existing in a local metagame while Lando T never shows up in a local game, it was introduced in second half of BW which is National and since then its re-added to the VGC pool during National periods.

Historically:

Tauros(thanks to Gen 1 Inflation)

Snorlax(part of gen 1 inflation and straight up THE best pokemon of GSC. And GSC is fairly inflated)

Mewtwo(undocumented but it was RBY's answer to Snorlax)

Landorus Therian(dominated balanced environment since its introduction)

Primal Groudon(see above)

Mega Rayquaza(really only dominant in smogon and its not even the best pokemon in AG)

Kyogre(dominated Ubers since its introduction, dominated DPPORAS VGC, as a Primal it was third to PDon)

Arceus(the king of AG. can be argued as real king of Ubers in a sense that while none of the Arceus is the best pokemon, you are always better off running an Arceus like PDon, and Arceus have more versatility due to being several mon at once while PDon is just one constant mon)

Most dominant for the longest time:

Kyogre this like isn't even a contest. Kyogre have lasted 4 generation and the fouth gen was where it suceeded at dominating Uber after it got nerfed. In ORAS Kyogre is basically told by gamefreak to get the fuck out of the game from existing before it stopped dominating Ubers, to be replaced by Primal Groudon,

For more than half of the series history, and most of its well documented run, Kyogre is the king

Its not really an exageration to say the Weather Duo(Trio with Rayquaza) is the most dominant pokemon in the history of the game. Honestly if i can vote for one pokemon, my vote is going to Arceus and Kyogre. Arceus is the top of the game for a very clear reason while Kyogre done something nobody else did by being dominant for a super long time. At the current point in time Mega Ray vs PDon is an arguable thing - PDon is a huge reason why MRay is as OP as it is, and while MRay broke smogon, it failed to broke VGC. 

Mega Ray is weird in that while its definitely broken, no meta ruleset so far allows it to be at full power. AG did not allow multiple Mega pokemon, so MRay dupe is impossible. That is why Arceus Spam is a thing. And part of the reason Mega Ray is broken in Uber is because Arceus Spam ISN'T a thing

In VGC Mega Ray use 2 broken mon slot - it uses your Mega slot and your Cover Legendary Slot back in 016.Mega Ray is the best mega in 016, but its not good enough to phase out Mega Kangaskhan utility, Mega Gengar Shadow Tag, and Mega Salamence who is a mini Ray with intimidate. As Uber slot user its worse than Xerneas, PDon, and POgre.

But the most broken pokemon in pokemon is Thunder Wave because its so broken it broke any rules

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Another standard could be: "which pokemon has been the most consistently good on the competitive scene over the course of the generations?"

In which case--you could make the case that the best competitive pokemon is actually zapdos of all things.

I don't think there's ever been a single standard format where Zapdos was bad. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2018 at 8:13 PM, Shoblongoo said:

Another standard could be: "which pokemon has been the most consistently good on the competitive scene over the course of the generations?"

In which case--you could make the case that the best competitive pokemon is actually zapdos of all things.

I don't think there's ever been a single standard format where Zapdos was bad. 

Late but

Gen 5 zapdos actually isnt too good since the attacks in gen 5 is way too strong. Granted Zapdos only competition for the title is Tyranitar who only have a down period during Pheromosa. Vgc tar have some down atm from Incineroar becoming the best pokemon in the game though

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner