SERENES POKEMON DRAFT LEAGUE: Drafting Thread

Shoblongoo

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Hey @Shoblongoo do we have any idea when the battles will start?

Whenever we finish drafting (plus a few days fore people to tinker with their builds and run some practice games on the ladder with their draft teams)

So figure It takes us about 2 days per round. We have 8 rounds left.

Probably some time in early March.  

Edited by Shoblongoo

...Manaphy tabled...

...Mew tabled...

...Rotom-W tabled...

...Hoopa-U tabled...

...Tangrowth Tabled...

:blink:

...Well as much as it pains me to leave some of these monsters undrafted, that concludes the OU/BL round. And I think all things considered, everyone picked up some pretty clutch top-tiers.

We will now be moving on to the UU/BL2 draft round. Same rules. RNG Gods set the pick order for Round #3. This time its:

1. Shoblongoo
  2. Michelaar
  3. Deltre
  4. Ether
  5. Emerson
  6. X-Naut
  7. DisobeyedCargo
  8. Nym
  9. Nym
  10. DisobeydCargo
  11. X-Naut
  12. Emerson
  13. Ether
  14. Deltre
  15. Michelaar
  16. Shoblongoo

...well fuck me...if I knew I had first pick this round and could immediately grab gliscor, I wouldn't have used my last OU pick on Zygarde. Thats unfortunate. 

hmmmmmmmmmmm

I'll take Azelf, and pass to @Michelaar

Edited by Shoblongoo

42 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

No Tyranitar or Excadrill either...

I'm actually not surprised they didn't get picked, mostly for reasons I considered while thinking of going for them. For as strong as they are, they're a very visible and easy to predict core. Unless you're a swing pick, it's hard to think you'll manage to grab both in a draft setting, since they'll more likely than not be picked away from you. There's a lot of mindgames you can play with drafting one, forcing a suboptimal pick out of someone else to block the other, picking Exca and hoping that people forget about Hippo, picking TTar as a generalist pick and hoping exca doesn't get sniped, but a lot of people probably didn't want to delve that deep into mindgames.

Granted, you actually got away with murder in the OU round so someone probably could have gotten them both if they had tried for it.

...well Exca is a good pick for role compression, as its arguably the best pokemon that can both set up rocks and spin them away. (and still retain offensive presence while doing it)

Theres just better ground and steel types (Celesteela, Magearna, Garchomp, Landorus...) that people wanted to take first. 

Tyranitar is kind of meh right now. In draft its still a diverse pick that can run a ton of customization with its ivs and moveslots. It can wallbreak most bulky cores with the right set. It can pursuit trap latios and freinds. It provides switch-in utility against a ton of special attackers. It gets rocks up. Its slow and it has an enormous number of weaknesses to cover though, which makes it less-then-ideal when people are trying to get their initial synergies put together. So I'm not surprised that being available only in the first 4 picks, it tabled.

Tangrowth I'm really surprised no one took. Only reason I didn't nab it was because my first pick is fire-weak, and I didn't want redundant weaknesses on two early-pick fatmons.

3 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

That moment when its the last pick of the tier, theres like 4 things you still want, and you know that no matter what you take you will immediately regret your decision 

This resonates with me on a spiritual level. 

Suicune

@Ether

BTW this is already in the rules, but in might not be readily apparent. So I just want to make this clear.

Kommomium-Z is banned from UU in the Smogon Tier lists.  Kommo-o is otherwise a UU mon and draftable in the UU pool.  

However, if you draft Kommo-o in the UU pool, you cannot use its Kommomium-Z set.

Just to let you know i'll be going to bed, to not have you waiting, i'll just have my top 3 picks here so you don't have to wait for me.

1. Stakataka
2. Primarina
3. Seismitoad