SERENES POKEMON DRAFT LEAGUE: Drafting Thread

Shoblongoo

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round #4: finishing up UU. Draft Order:  (try not to fuck it up this time)

1.  Ether
  2. X-Naut
  3. Disobeyed Cargo
  4. Emerson
  5.  Nym
  6. Shoblongoo
  7.  Michelaar
  8.  Deltre
  9. Deltre
  10. Michelaar
  11. Shoblongoo
  12. Nym
  13. Emerson
  14. Disobeyed Cargo
  15. X-Naut
  16. Ether

@Ether will start us off

1 hour ago, Deltre said:

Surprised no one mentioned this, but Nidoqueen is RU

Breloom/Reuiniclus

@Michelaar

ahhhhhhhh shit. I missed that.

@X-Naut  since no one picked upon in and we've done so many picks since, I'll let you keep the pick and draft a UU mon during the RU round if you want. (would have made you redraft is someone caught it earlier)

In the alternative, you can swap out Nidoqueen for a UU mon that hasn't been drafted yet. 

31 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Stakataka

@Shoblongoo

Heracross

@Nym

Edited by Shoblongoo

16 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

@X-Naut  since no one picked upon in and we've done so many picks since, I'll let you keep the pick and draft a UU mon during the RU round if you want. (would have made you redraft is someone caught it earlier)

In the alternative, you can swap out Nidoqueen for a UU mon that hasn't been drafted yet. 

Not for nothing, but I'd gladly drop a UU mon for an early RU pick, especially a staple like Nidoqueen.

Just let him switch it out now, it was obviously an honest mistake, but if we could all draft any tier in any order we'd be looking at some very different teams.

7 minutes ago, Deltre said:

Not for nothing, but I'd gladly drop a UU mon for an early RU pick, especially a staple like Nidoqueen.

Just let him switch it out now, it was obviously an honest mistake, but if we could all draft any tier in any order we'd be looking at some very different teams.

...it is kinda our fault that we let half a round pass by before anyone picked up on it.

That kind of stuff needs to be caught right away.

I'll see what he wants to do when he logs back in. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

I'd say just let it go at this point. If we were gonna have him switch it out for a UU mon, we'd have to give him access to everything drafted since his last pick just to not screw him over for a mistake, and if he wanted anything that someone had picked, we'd potentially need to redo almost the entirety of this draft round to account for it. If we really need to "do" something about it, make him first pick in the RU round and have him select his 4th UU mon there. It'd be the same thing as if he'd first picked Nidoqueen in RU that way. At this point re-drafting the round is pretty messy.

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

...it is kinda our fault that we let half a round pass by before anyone picked up on it.

That kind of stuff needs to be caught right away.

I'll see what he wants to do when he logs back in. 

Look, I'm not saying to crucify the man lol I think everyone is on the same page here that it was just an honest mistake. What I'm saying is that before the draft began, it was agreed that we were doing one tier at a time, on the basis that it could be unfair to pick the best of the best in a lower tier while people are fighting over the scraps in a higher tier. So in fairness, I think we should stick to that. That said:

56 minutes ago, Ether said:

If we really need to "do" something about it, make him first pick in the RU round and have him select his 4th UU mon there. It'd be the same thing as if he'd first picked Nidoqueen in RU that way. At this point re-drafting the round is pretty messy.

I think that's a fair compromise alongside the option of just redrafting if he wants to go that route. It's a lot smoother and not super punishing.

1 hour ago, Ether said:

If we were gonna have him switch it out for a UU mon, we'd have to give him access to everything drafted since his last pick just to not screw him over for a mistake, and if he wanted anything that someone had picked, we'd potentially need to redo almost the entirety of this draft round to account for it. If we really need to "do" something about it, make him first pick in the RU round and have him select his 4th UU mon there. It'd be the same thing as if he'd first picked Nidoqueen in RU that way. At this point re-drafting the round is pretty messy.

7 minutes ago, Deltre said:

I think that's a fair compromise alongside the option of just redrafting if he wants to go that route. It's a lot smoother and not super punishing.

...I'm fine with that...

If he doesn't take a redraft I'll reroll RNG on the next round pick order until his name comes up first. So It'll be as though he got Nidoqueen for his RU first pick. But then he has to wait until everyone else finishes this round to take his last pick for UU.

Edited by Shoblongoo

32 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

...I'm fine with that...

If he doesn't take a redraft I'll reroll RNG on the next round pick order until his name comes up first. So It'll be as though he got Nidoqueen for his RU first pick. But then he has to wait until everyone else finishes this round to take his last pick for UU.

It'd probably be easier on you to just exclude him from the RNG and place the rolls in between, that way you'd only need to roll once in case we go down that route.

On 2/18/2018 at 2:47 AM, Shoblongoo said:

Round #4: finishing up UU. Draft Order:  (try not to fuck it up this time)

Guyyyyyyyyyys. You had one job.

28 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

I'll keep the Queen and pick my last UU over my first RU.

I'm only sanctioning this because everyone collectively fucked up and nobody caught the mistake in time, but sure. 

Play on. @Nym

Edited by Shoblongoo